Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,510 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira (38942 Views)

Lagos Lawmakers Told Ambode To Resign Or Be Impeached / JUST IN: Lagos Lawmakers Move To Impeach Gov Akinwunmi Ambode - TVC / Femi Gbajabiamila & Other Lagos Lawmakers Visit Jide Sanwo-olu, Endorse Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by maasoap(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
olas24u:

So tell me what i dont know ?because to you everybody is a thief and you are happy

I've seen your other defensive posts, you're a sycophant and not ignorant after all.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by engrjacuzzi: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
I'd rather buy newspaper and read this epistle. the write-up is too long, please anyone who has read it should help us summarize it
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Blue3k2: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
Get a text reader app if you dont attention span to read through the article. I recommend @voice aloud for Android.

zaragal:
Eyaaaaa..... I can't read all that it's too much undecided. Somebody pls summarise. In other news
engrjacuzzi:
I'd rather buy newspaper and read this epistle. the write-up is too long, please anyone who has read it should help us summarize it
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Vested(m): 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
maasoap:

Lol. And in your infinite wisdom, you forgot that the opposition you're referring to are currently governing somewhere else with the same corruption going on under them too?

Funny enough, you seem to be the myopic one going by your comment. You ignored the fact that I used "an" and not your presumed opposition party.
I do not align to any party line. I am all for good governance.
Lagos is yet to face financial misappropriation probes or scrutiny since this current Democratic dispensation began.
I repeat - only the future can really describe the magnitude of such misappropriation when an opposition party takes the reins of government here.
Until then, I'll watch in anticipation.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

I wish you were this just in judging Buhari who reinstated Maina and promoted Baru undecided

Nepotism is also a form of corruption

Anyway weather you agree or not, the final destination for Buhari and his gang of thieves is PRISON
Okay sis.
We will see.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by maasoap(m): 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2018
Vested:

Funny enough, you seem to be the myopic one going by your comment. You ignored the fact that I used "an" and not your presumed opposition party.
I do not align to any party line. I am all for good governance.
Lagos is yet to face financial misappropriation probes or scrutiny since this current Democratic dispensation began.
I repeat - only the future can really describe the magnitude of such misappropriation when an opposition party takes the reins of government here.
Until then, I'll watch in anticipation.

How many states had face the same in the Niger Delta region either?
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Vested(m): 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
maasoap:

How many states had face the same in the Niger Delta region either?

True...
However, I'm more concerned about the state where I reside and pay my taxes.
Besides, Lagos state is the subject in this thread.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by HomeOfMe(f): 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
Blue3k2:

The Saliu Obodo road,at Oke-ira nla, Ajah

Ewu-Abiye road

A view of the abandoned health care centre at Ewu Abiye,igbogbo LGA built by Senator Ganiyu Solomon

The solar borehole at the abandoned Ewu-Abiye health centre

Abandoned Amuwo Odofin health centre, Maria Road

Amuwo Odofin Health Care, taken over by LASEPA

Oke Ira Nla Health Centre Ajah

The Saliu Obodo road,at Oke-ira nla, Ajah

During Fashola's government,I remember driving through one of this man's campagn offices somewhere in Mushin. It was looking very tacky,dirty and facing a very massive heap of refuse . Most of these people are just using the "Change" and "Integrity" card to get away with a lot of things.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by hush15: 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
Blue3k2:
Constituency projects are usually a scam. These funds should be channelled to the local governments in these senatorial zone in form of grant. The local government could've delivered on these small projects such as health center, borehole and solar street lights.

The most amazing thing is these politicians when asked dont even know abodut the projects budgeted for.

That would be a disaster should LGAs not have their autonomy.

When LGAs have their autonomy and like other executive public post that is determined by the people and not the state or federal influence
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by fognext: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2018
BOOMnaija:
This shouldn't be news.

Politicians abandoning projects in Nigeria is a norm

It's the norm but it's still wrong. These vultures just keep feeding on us because we handle all their atrocities with kids gloves.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Blue3k2: 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2018
hush15:

That would be a disaster should LGAs not have their autonomy.

When LGAs have their autonomy and like other executive public post that is determined by the people and not the state or federal influence

True it would probably go nqd like theor current allocations. LG automony amendments are still being deliberated by state houses of assembly. Currently the joint account would allow state government to loot the funds. The only alternative is state governments which less desirable than local. I would still want local government grants as ultimate goal though.

If they did want to give it to local governments they would have to give it to them in draws to ensure work is done. If they dont get work done money simply stops flowing and they dont qualify for more grants.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by hush15: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
Blue3k2:

True it would probably go nqd like theor current allocations. LG automony amendments are still being deliberated by state houses of assembly. Currently the joint account would allow state government to loot the funds. The only alternative is state governments which less desirable than local. I would still want local government grants as ultimate goal though.

If they did want to give it to local governments they would have to give it to them in draws to ensure work is done. If they dont get work done money simply stops flowing and they dont qualify for more grants.

Even more that is LGAs public executive positions are keenly contested and debated like Governors and HOA positions where electorates gets to choose their preferred candidates after candidates rolls out their goals and objectives like state executives. That way, people hold them accountable and measure their performances.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Princedapace(m): 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2018
yeyerolling:
We deserve the fools ruling us

Thank u o

after reading this news now, we are supposed to demand for his trial but, everything ends here online..

i blame the activists. This is what they are meant to be doing. No, pressure groups, no responsible activists.

The nigerian masses are highly uncoordinated. Sadly, this will never end.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by NwaliE01: 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2018
Very rare to read stories of how we are developing rather we keep seeing how worst we get by the day.
Selfish leaders in so many sensitive positions.
Wickedness to the highest degree.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Dootty(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
I'm not supporting abandonment of projects, I must tend to agree that singling out GOS of all the three senators and over 10 reps is political strategy to taint his political ambition. Premium times have once again shown that they lack basics skills needed for investigative journalism.

The report was full of inconsistencies refering to GOS as representing Lagos East senatorial District and again referring to him as representing Lagos West. The fact is GOS represented Lagos West with Mushin been his home base. He's responsible for Amuwo Odofin but definitely not Ikorodu and Ajah projects.

Premium times should not allow itself be used by politicians to settle scores considering its recent bungling in reporting the Plateau killings.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Mikeross62: 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
money has finished
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by arsenal33: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2018
Vested:
Epic Corruption in the Land of Excellence.
Only the future holds what would happen when an opposition party finally grips power in Lagos.
I look forward to that day with apprehensive anxiety.

Meanwhile, I have a 5kva inverter and 8 solar panels for sale so you can enjoy uninterrupted power supply, like I did before batteries packed out. Check my ad.

https://www.nairaland.com/4568736/5kva-solar-inverter-8-solar

any constituency project in your state?
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Vested(m): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2018
arsenal33:

any constituency project in your state?

I live and pay my taxes in Lagos, sir.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Kendrick80(m): 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
[quote author=olasco18 post=68988085]Z7GB963L
Thank me later[/quote
Bro I doubt England would defeat Colombia
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by sexyanyabubakar(f): 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
deebsman1:
Protest is just the next thing and the new way to go in this country. Constituency projects should totally be abandone all it's ramifications and lawmaking should in even be made a part time job. That's the way to go for this country.

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by AceDomino(m): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
What's with the long Write-ups? Shebi Lagos na Lagos... But what are all the so-called lawmakers even doing for their constituencies?
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by Sefu: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2018
One of the nigeria's problems,zero public interest from the politicians.too bad!
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira by drunkpunk(m): 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
[quote author=Kendrick80 post=68992985][/quote]

are you still doubting?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 States That Received The Highest Revenue Allocation In H1 2019 / Photos Of Ben Murray-Bruce, With His Sons And Daughter / Ebelechukwu Obiano Declares Senatorial Ambition, Apologises To Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.