Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom (44172 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by OfficialAPCNig: 11:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
davidnazee:

Is it true Benin once ruled over Onitsha? If it is true then was it by conquest or by blood relations with founders of Onitsha?
Bini didn't rule over Onicha. Their influence only spread to Onicha.
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by OfficialAPCNig: 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
davidnazee:

Who was Eze Chima in Benin? Was he born there? Do u know if he actually a Benin man that changed his name after migrating?
I heard he was a nobleman, a royalty when he was in Benin.
Do you really know who he was? I don’t know that’s why I’m asking.
Eze Chima was an Igbo man that migrated to Bini.

You can't afford not to like an average Igbo man. He was resourceful, so the Oba loved him. Some version said he married an Edo princess. I don't know.

The truth is Onicha was founded by an Igbo man.
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 11:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Eze Chima was an Igbo man that migrated to Bini.

You can't afford not to like an average Igbo man. He was resourceful, so the Oba loved him. Some version said he married an Edo princess. I don't know.

The truth is Onicha was founded by an Igbo man.

If he lived in Benin and rose to become a nobleman and an important person in the kingdom then he was a Benin citizen even if his background is Igbo. And when he left he probably had some followers who were originally Benin.
So it is still logically correct to say Onitsha was founded by Benin people (not Benin Kingdom)..

The reason Eze Chima left Benin was due to conflict he had with the palace. He was a very important man in the kingdom, he tried to change the politics of Benin and it resulted in conflict and fighting between him and the palace. He lost the fight and fled with his followers.. that was how he went and founded Onitsha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by OfficialAPCNig: 12:02am On Jul 05, 2018
davidnazee:

If he lived in Benin and rose to become a nobleman and an important person in the kingdom then he was a Benin citizen even if his background is Igbo. And when he left he probably had some followers who were originally Benin.
So it is still logically correct to say Onitsha was founded by Benin people (not Benin Kingdom)..

The reason Eze Chima left Benin was due to conflict he had with the palace. He was a very important man in the kingdom, he tried to change the politics of Benin and it resulted in conflict and fighting between him and the palace. He lost the fight and fled with his followers.. that was how he went and founded Onitsha

If this will make you sleep well this night, good luck.

He left with Benin people my foot.

So how did Onicha lose their Edo language?

Two languages are spoken in Opobo, Igbo and their original language.

No Onicha man can speak Edo or corrupted version of it.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by ariesbull: 12:52am On Jul 05, 2018
davidnazee:

Tell me a Benin village that bears the name onicha and I would give you 5 Igbo villages

Let's start from that before we can talk about Eze Chima reverse migration
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by gregyboy(m): 6:58am On Jul 06, 2018
davidnazee:

The onitscha edo story is very simple no need for argument egypt influenced the greeks and romans and greeks influence romans and romans influenced the world....you cant tell stories like you where actually there ..eze chima is an igbo name the more logical stories say he migrated from asaba from the royal house nd established onitscha....anyhow the igbo tells thier stories is ok ...everyone see the influence on benin on thier king thats what matter it must not be related by blood ...and thier stories say he even married a benin princess .....
But for the yorubas who completely lost on thier history who felt oduduwa is a sky migrant that u need to teach solid history

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 7:43am On Jul 06, 2018
gregyboy:

The onitscha edo story is very simple no need for argument egypt influenced the greeks and romans and greeks influence romans and romans influenced the world....you cant tell stories like you where actually there ..eze chima is an igbo name the more logical stories say he migrated from asaba from the royal house nd established onitscha....anyhow the igbo tells thier stories is ok ...everyone see the influence on benin on thier king thats what matter it must not be related by blood ...and thier stories say he even married a benin princess .....
But for the yorubas who completely lost on thier history who felt oduduwa is a sky migrant that u need to teach solid history

7) THE MATCHET:
This has nothing to do with violence but simply depict our traditional professions. We were and still largely warriors, hunters and farmers. So the other sword or rather the matchet is a tool not an object of negative violence.

On a final note, it is an indisputable fact that rituals, violence and occultism

Of course we know. The moment I saw it I say Bini people even put their traditional profession of using human sacrifice on flag. We know this represents your culture you dont need to explain.

You decapitate an Edoman with machette to offer to your Yoruba gods.

Gregyboy
People who didnt know before are now aware of the lies in your society. Your tresspasses with Yoruba has opened your yansh to the world....all your dirty laundry is out there now.

Your mystery has been watered down. People now know there are two cultures in your land, the aristocrat King from Ife who is a foreigner ruling over Edo the land owner and slaves of the Binis.

Look at this flag....it says many things. It shows history, symbolic of the dimwit Ogiso Owodo commiting ekladheran to be executed. It also shows the new order where Edo blood became the sacrificial human offered at the altar to gods and ancestors of Omo n'Oba in Ife.

Edo and witchery, like 5 and 6. grin grin

1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 8:09am On Jul 06, 2018
1) QUEEN IDIA MASK:
The mask obviously is the head of the Edo warrior queen-mother Idia,the mother of Oba Esigie known as the wise King. Recall that Oba Esigie ruled over the whole of Bendel,Lagos,half Yorubalands,Onitsha and even some parts of today's north central. He was a great emperor and the first to receive a diplomatic mission from Europe and also the first black Ruler to set up an embassy in the land of the whiteman. He attained these feats with the help and encouragement of a mother who is now recorded by local and foreign history as one of the most dynamic and strongest women that ever came out of Africa. Why do you think her mask, not that of Queen Amina of Zazzau or any other historical Nigeria woman was adopted by the country in 1977 as the national symbol in that international festival of arts and culture?

A copy of the mask was used in 77. The original is with Attah of Igala. After Igala defeated you in war they raided your palace and took the mask as spoils of war.

Here it is on Attah.....

compare with the copy made for festival in second picture..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by gregyboy(m): 9:10am On Jul 06, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

A copy of the mask was used in 77. The original is with Attah of Igala. After Igala defeated you in war they raided your palace and took the mask as spoils of war.

Here it is on Attah.....

Noise maker no histoical prove to claim oduduwas origin in ife but rather assumption

This is in the British museum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
gregyboy:

Noise maker no histoical prove to claim oduduwas origin in ife but rather assumption

This is in the British museum

Oduduwa origin is not in West Africa, period! There are African and European scholars on both sides of the debate....but none places him coming from Edo, except you people.

The original Idia mask is on the neck of Attah. Igala raided your palace before the British. Thats a copy in museum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by samuk: 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Oduduwa origin is not in West Africa, period! There are African and European scholars on both sides of the debate....but none places him coming from Edo, except you people.

The original Idia mask is on the neck of Attah. Igala raided your palace before the British. Thats a copy in museum.

If the original Idia mask was with the Atah why was president Obasanjor begging the British to borrow the one in the British museum to which they demanded millions of pounds sterling.
If you know your history, you would have known that it was queen Idia, mother of Oba Esigie that lead the army that went to Ida and defeated the then ruling Atah.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by samuk: 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Leave these dreamers...lol
These people for some strange reason actually believe Bini kingdom was larger than the little town of Bini ...lol

It was Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, the Zik of Africa that claimed Benin founded Onitsha. If the great Zik said this in his autobiography why do I need any confirmation from the present Obi?

Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Genealogy and Nativity

"Thus, in tracing my paternal lineage, I could say that both parents of my father are direct descendants of Eze Chima. As for me, I can trace my paternal ancestry in this wise: I am the first son of Chukwuemeka, who was the third child and first son of Azikiwe, who was the second son of Molokwu, who was the third son of Ozomaocha, who was the second son of Inosi Onira, who was the fourth son of Dei, the second son of Eze Chima, the founder of Onitsha." SOURCE - Nnamdi A zikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p4 "I can trace my maternal ancestry thus: I am the first son of Nwanonaku Rachel Chinwe Ogbenyeanu (Aghadiuno)Azikiwe, who was third daughter of Aghadiuno Ajie, the fifth son of Onowu Agbani, first daughter of Obi Udokwu, the son who descended from five Kings of Onitsha. Five of these rulers of Onitsha were direct lineal descendants of Eze Chima, who led his warrior adventurers when they left Benin to establish the Onitsha city state in about 1748 AD." SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p5 "One day I asked her (grandmother) the meaning of the word 'Onitsha'. She explained that it had historical significance. The terminology meant one who despised another. It is a contraction of two words, Onini to despise, and Ncha meaning others. So that the two words when joined together mean one who despises others. Then I asked her why we despised others. She patted me on the back and told me that it was due to our aristocratic background and tradition. I insisted that she should explain to me the basis of this supercilious social attitude. She told me that we despised others because we descended from the Royal House of Benin and so regarded ourselves as the superiors of other tribes who had no royal blood in their veins....." "I continued to belabor my grandmother to tell me more of the history and origins of the Onitsha people. She narrated that many many years ago, there lived at Idu (Benin) a great Oba who had many children. Due to a power struggle regarding the right of precedence among princes of the blood and other altercations, there was a civil war in Benin. One day, the supporters of one of the princes insulted and assaulted Queen Asije, the mother of of the Oba of Benin, who was accused of having trespassed on their farmland. Enraged at this evidence of indiscipline and lawlessness, the Oba ordered his war chief and brother, Gbunwala Asije to apprehend and punish the insurgents. In the attempt to penalise them, Chima, the ultimate founder of the Onitsha city-state, a prince of the blood in his own right, led the recalcitrants against his Uncle, Gbunwala. This intensified the civil war which rent the kingdom of Benin in two and led to the founding of Onitsha Ado N'Idu....... ..." "As the great trek from Benin progressed, some did not have the stout heart of the pioneer-warrior, and decided to settle at different places, known today as Onitsha -Ugbo, Onitsha-Olona, Onitsha-Mili, Obior, Issele Ukwu, Ossomari, Aboh, etc..." SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Born2Breed(f): 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
gregyboy:

Please brother, avoid that moro.n. He knows nothing, he is one of the slaves descendants who cannot trace their linage .

Dignifying the son of many fathers is a waste of internet data.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
samuk:

If the original Idia mask was with the Atah why was president Obasanjor begging the British to borrow the one in the British museum to which they demanded millions of pounds sterling.
If you know your history, you would have known that it was queen Idia, mother of Oba Esigie that lead the army that went to Ida and defeated the then ruling Atah.

If the British would not release the copy in their posession, what makes you think Attah would release his symbol of State?

Queen Idia was a matron that led and offered fresh Edo virgins to appease Igala warriors and make them abandon the war and return home. After choppin the pussy they were not satisfied they continued in their war missionto raze Edo down. Oba had to send an SOS to portuguese boat captain to bring his guns and cannon to aid Benin against Igala.

Stop practicing witchery and start learning history. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by gregyboy(m): 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Here it is on Attah.....

So who is talking about root i get confused when i read yoruba history u have nothing to say but this....

It baffles me yoruba oral stories says after oromiyan established oyo he went back to ife ...when we are seen that 4 dynasty ruled before he later came back to rule how is that possible was he immortal this four rulers after him did dey just spend months in the throne that orimiyan got the chance to be king again ife.... It is also seen the second bearing an edo name even obamkin which means in edo i am a king are we to say again the word osa and oba came from ife this time?....

The second pictures contradict the first picture and the first picture was said to be giving as d list of kings of ife during present ooni coronation if ife was established by 500bc by oduduwa then how many years did he live at ife before benin came to beg him for oromiyan ...Benin has a more acurate date for this because they documented it throughout art work and oba eweka reign is said to be 1180

Benin art works dates from this picture fron 12c ,16 ,17 downwards but ife odest artworks start from 13c how come they thought benin art carbon dating reveled the years of this art works

More research to come.....

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by samuk: 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

If the British would not release the copy in their posession, what makes you think Attah would release his symbol of State?

Queen Idia was a matron that led and offered fresh Edo virgins to appease Igala warriors and make them abandon the war and return home. After choppin the pussy they were not satisfied they continued in their war missionto raze Edo down. Oba had to send an SOS to portuguese boat captain to bring his guns and cannon to aid Benin against Igala.

Stop practicing witchery and start learning history. grin

Engaging people like you is a complete waste of time but for the benefit of those that might come across this thread, let me lecture you a little bit. First the Oba only commission a bronze mask to either commemorate a victory in battle or as a remembrance of a departed Oba, hero or heroine. So if bronze mask are always commissioned after the events has passed, how come the Atah was able to get hold of Idia mask that wasn't yet made during the war with Benin. What the Atah currently hang around his neck is nothing but a replica to remind himself and kingdom that they once had some history with the great and almighty Benin Kingdom. It gives him a source of pride that they once fought a battle with Benin even though they lost. The Idia mask was not yet made during Benin, Ida war. The Atah got for himself a replica after the event.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by samuk: 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
grin
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
gregyboy:

So who is talking about root i get confused when i read yoruba history u have nothing to say but this....

It baffles me yoruba oral stories says after oromiyan established oyo he went back to ife ...when we are seen that 4 dynasty ruled before he later came back to rule how is that possible was he immortal this four rulers after him did dey just spend months in the throne that orimiyan got the chance to be king again ife.... It is also seen the second bearing an edo name even obamkin which means in edo i am a king are we to say again the word osa and oba came from ife this time?....

The second pictures contradict the first picture and the first picture was said to be giving as d list of kings of ife during present ooni coronation if ife was established by 500bc by oduduwa then how many years did he live at ife before benin came to beg him for oromiyan ...Benin has a more acurate date for this because they documented it throughout art work and oba eweka reign is said to be 1180

Benin art works dates from this picture fron 12c ,16 ,17 downwards but ife odest artworks start from 13c how come they thought benin art carbon dating reveled the years of this art works

More research to come.....

Focus your witchery on liberating yourself from your perpetual slavery to Omo N'Oba. Your Oba already told his ancestry is in Ife when he declared Oranmiyan was the first Oba.

Get back ogiso in your land and make us proud. grin

Bloody eklderhan

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Focus your witchery on liberating yourself from your perpetual slavery to Omo N'Oba. Your Oba already told his ancestry is in Ife when he declared Oranmiyan was the first Oba.

Get back ogiso in your land and make us proud. grin

Bloody eklderhan
undecided is okay you won,now get a life

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 07, 2018
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by banku: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
Whenever I want to laugh and relax, the defenders of Oba Bini that felt slighted when he attended the usual meetings of Yoruba; always do it.

They are so confused in their revised history from 2003 based on a book that they make many of us laugh.

It may be better to come together, solidify a rich culture celebrated all over the world.
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
For the idiots on this forum: Benin City and Benin Kingdom are two different entities. Benin city is the capital of Benin Kingdom, Benin City is the part of the kingdom where the court of the king of the entire kingdom is! The fact that I keep repeating this to you guys shows your very low iq.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
I just don't get how slow your brains must be for you not to understand that countries are generally not limited to just one city. The Roman empire and its capital also had the same name. There are maps of Benin Kingdom which are available for every one to see, they were drawn by the Europeans who visited our ancestors and witnessed our passed.
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2018
I sometimes have reasons to doubt your origins, you seem to be siding igbo a lot even against fellow Edo. You even ventured into divisionism amongst Edo. If you are not Edo, then do the honorable thing and stop usurping our identity. You can keep commenting on the topic, just stop pretending to be one of us.
gregyboy:

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by gregyboy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
prolog2:
I sometimes have reasons to doubt your origins, you seem to be siding igbo a lot even against fellow Edo. You even ventured into divisionism amongst Edo. If you are not Edo, then do the honorable thing and stop usurping our identity. You can keep commenting on the topic, just stop pretending to be one of us.

Ooh because i am not ethnocentric in my comments then am not edo ...even if i was anyother tribe i would stand for what i believe what i hate and what i like fighting for edo dignity is not going to put money in my pocket they all could still be d one to betray me one day so i fucking dont care i fight for what is right not for what seems right to edos or benins ....am a nigerian first before been an edo person if you understand that u wont come quote me like this
The igbos stories could be right logically but i still have my doubt on the stories because thier king claim direct descendants from edos with an igbo name leaves us to go for research...
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
gregyboy:

Ooh because i am not ethnocentric in my comments then am not edo ...even if i was anyother tribe i would stand for what i believe what i hate and what i like fighting for edo dignity is not going to put money in my pocket they all could still be d one to betray me one day so i fucking dont care i fight for what is right not for what seems right to edos or benins ....am a nigerian first before been an edo person if you understand that u wont come quote me like this
The igbos stories could be right logically but i still have my doubt on the stories because thier king claim direct descendants from edos with an igbo name leaves us to go for research...

Simple logic would be that Eze Chima was the new name adopted by Edo man that fled Benin and founded Onitsha just like Ekhaladeran name was changed to oduduwa when he settled in Ife.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by samuk: 12:26am On Jul 13, 2018
davidnazee:

Simple logic would be that Eze Chima was the new name adopted by Edo man that fled Benin and founded Onitsha just like Ekhaladeran name was changed to oduduwa when he settled in Ife.

The issue of Onitsha should be a settled one, Nnamdi Azikiwe autobiography claiming Onitsha people came from Benin was written in 1970. According to Zik, the history was handed down to him by his grandmother, who also got it from her parents and grand parents, now ask yourself which century could Zik' s grandmother been born? 1800s? These were the period before modern day revisionist that are now trying to rewrite history because of bride were born.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 12:47am On Jul 13, 2018
samuk:

The issue of Onitsha should be a settled one, Nnamdi Azikiwe autobiography claiming Onitsha people came from Benin was written in 1970. According to Zik, the history was handed down to him by his grandmother, who also got it from her parents and grand parents, now ask yourself which century could Zik' s grandmother been born? 1800s? These were the period before modern day revisionist that are now trying to rewrite history because of bride were born.

All we know about Eze Chima is:

He was born and raised in Benin
He was a nobleman/royalty
He had a position of authority or power in Benin administration.
He challenged the Oba’s absolute power and this resulted into serious conflict and fighting many lives lost.
He was defeated and fled Benin with his followers.

All of the above points to the fact that Eze Chima was an Edo man.
His name could have been Ameze corrupted to Eze Chima or it could have been Ehima corrupted to Chima.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 13, 2018
The intersection between Edo and Igbo is not empty. My great grand father was anioma, his people are considered Igbo by some. My great grand father and his people have always been loyal subjects of the Oba, and my great grand father even rose up to the rank of Iyase. There is nothing tribal about Benin Kingdom.Benin Kingdom was a sort of more functional version of Nigeria. All its citizens are called Edo and in the context of Nigeria, this would be referred to as an ethnicity.
davidnazee:

All we know about Eze Chima is:

He was born and raised in Benin
He was a nobleman/royalty
He had a position of authority or power in Benin administration.
He challenged the Oba’s absolute power and this resulted into serious conflict and fighting many lives lost.
He was defeated and fled Benin with his followers.

All of the above points to the fact that Eze Chima was an Edo man.
His name could have been Ameze corrupted to Eze Chima or it could have been Ehima corrupted to Chima.
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by samuk: 7:32am On Jul 13, 2018
prolog2:
The intersection between Edo and Igbo is not empty. My great grand father was anioma, his people are considered Igbo by some. My great grand father and his people have always been loyal subjects of the Oba, and my great grand father even rose up to the rank of Iyase. There is nothing tribal about Benin Kingdom.Benin Kingdom was a sort of more functional version of Nigeria. All its citizens are called Edo and in the context of Nigeria, this would be referred to as an ethnicity.
You are very correct in your submission. Even the current governor of Edo State great grand father is also Anioma who was also a royal subject of the Oba, his grand father Agbor Obaseki also rose to the position of Iyase during the reins of Oba Ovoramwen and Eweka 2.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by gregyboy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
davidnazee:

Yea you right with that ...but when ekaladeran went to ife ....after he was treated like a god by ife people then he took upon himself an edo name to express it all izoduwa (walked to sucess)
But eze chima is way far from edo...
But am not saying is not edo because all reasons states he is an edo but the question how did he get the name eze chima ... My problem with you is your telling the story wrongly with trablism rather than fact and research.....
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
gregyboy:

Yea you right with that ...but when ekaladeran went to ife ....after he was treated like a god by ife people then he took upon himself an edo name to express it all izoduwa (walked to sucess)
But eze chima is way far from edo...
But am not saying is not edo because all reasons states he is an edo but the question how did he get the name eze chima ... My problem with you is your telling the story wrongly with trablism rather than fact and research.....

No bro I’m using logic in my reasoning.
Eze just like Oni means ruler. Oni is ruler for Yoruba and Eze is ruler for Igbo.
As for the name Chima, it could be his name was Ehima corrupted to Chima or he adopted an Igbo name to gain acceptance amongst the new tribe he settled with.
There’s no tribalism here since we all agree he was first Edo before migrating.

Even the igbos acknowledged he migrated to their lands from Benin. But there’s no record about his original background from the igbos because they don’t know. They only know from the time he settled in Igbo lands.
So logically he is Edo and changed his name to Chima.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? / Two Masquerades Pictured Riding By On A Motorcycle In Kogi State / Outrage As Nigerians Perform Traditional Rituals Publicly In South Africa.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.