Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom (44192 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by ghostfacekillar(m): 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
davidnazee:

Now I know u are just a hater and jealous person. I don’t even think you are Igbo sef.
No need trading words with an ignorant (probably Yoruba) person.
u are the hater here. That's how you go around claiming everything claimable. Re writing history. U claimed Lagos. Unclaimed akoko edo even though there are lots of evidence that shows that they are yoruba people..that's hw u go around claiming and claiming till one day u claim a curse that will end up. Swallowing ur tiny bini kingdom...
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 12:32am On Jul 21, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
u are the hater here. That's how you go around claiming everything claimable. Re writing history. U claimed Lagos. Unclaimed akoko edo even though there are lots of evidence that shows that they are yoruba people..that's hw u go around claiming and claiming till one day u claim a curse that will end up. Swallowing ur tiny bini kingdom...

Another Yoruba man pretending to be Igbo lol. Are u sure u not babaramota??

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:35am On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

Another Yoruba man pretending to be Igbo lol. Are u sure u not babaramota??
i knw BabaRamota and I am not BabaRamota.
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 1:00am On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

Idiot, the only renowned slaves and children of slaves are the Yorubas. So why are you trying so hard to put ur garment of slavery on another tribe??
Pls wear it, it’s yours.. it stinks badly of Yoruba. You are the slaves, Edos are the masters.

I see, i touched some raw nerves ehhn? You are loosing your calm and getting frustrated? Pele! grin

Look at how Oranmiyan met your forefathers....stark nayked!! grin grin

It explains why he called you Ile Ibinu....because you were uncivilized.

We taught you how to wear clothes. grin

Let me ask my curator to pull the record from archive and send to me. I will show you how we civilized your forest roaming, fruit gathering ancestors. grin

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 2:17am On Jul 21, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
i knw BabaRamota and I am not BabaRamota.

You are a Yoruba man, stop pretending to be Igbo..
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 2:18am On Jul 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I see, i touched some raw nerves ehhn? You are loosing your calm and getting frustrated? Pele! grin

Let me ask my curator to pull the record from archive and send to me. I will show you how we civilized your forest roaming, fruit gathering ancestors. grin

The unclad people there are the Yoruba slaves serving at the Palace..

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 3:22am On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

You make me laugh.. one factor that saved Igbo land from Benin kingdom was the river Niger. If not for the river and the tasks of crossing it every time we would have conquered you the way we conquered the Yorubas.

Give me name of any ethnic people anywhere around the world that ever said we originated from EDO. Name just one!

For everyone you name Ill name five with origin from Yoruba, starting with Bini in number 1. grin
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Obalufon: 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

yet they claimed they are civilized

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Obalufon: 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

The unclad people there are the Yoruba slaves serving at the Palace..

omo ADA(OMADA) is a slave right? holding ADA naked beside the oba You people are dunce

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Obalufon: 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
ghostfacekillar:

i think they will claim ibilo too
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by banku: 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
If it is only claiming and usurping other people's culture because they lack authentic one they can point to, we may create one for them.

But these people base their pride on cruelty. Beheading pregnant women, midnight marauding of peaceful people while looking for loot and severe oppression at home by building walls so that people could not flee.

It did not prevent Urhobo from fleeing, it did not prevent Ekhaleran from fleeing to Ughoton to become their Oba which they mischievously called fleeing to Ife.

The people just had enough of these midnight marauders begging Ile- Ife to come to their rescue.

Even their conqueror Oranmiyan called it Ile-Ibinu.

How midnight raiders now pride themselves as conquerors is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
Obalufon:

omo ADA(OMADA) is a slave right? holding ADA naked beside the oba You people are dunce

Obalufon,
Here is the evolution of Edo fore fathers.

1 nature when Bini found him
2 nature after Bini civilized him

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
Obalufon:

See ur foolish sense. The Omada is a slave. Can u see the rings on his legs? It’s a symbol of his enslavement. Edo person does not play that role. The Omada used to be Yorubas enslaved at the palace. Well you are not Edo so cannot know that.
However in this modern era, that practice has been done away with, the Omada is now referred to as being employed and released after a certain age..
but you yorubas in this modern era are still sacrificing your women and children for rituals. Shame...
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
banku:
If it is only claiming and usurping other people's culture because they lack authentic one they can point to, we may create one for them.

But these people base their pride on cruelty. Beheading pregnant women, midnight marauding of peaceful people while looking for loot and severe oppression at home by building walls so that people could not flee.

It did not prevent Urhobo from fleeing, it did not prevent Ekhaleran from fleeing to Ughoton to become their Oba which they mischievously called fleeing to Ife.

The people just had enough of these midnight marauders begging Ile- Ife to come to their rescue.

We have always known their stories to be hoax and unbelievable. Even historians refuse to consider their fables for any worth other than waste of time.

Their cups are over filled, they transgressed beyond boundaries, now they must get their brains reset with facts that show they were nobody before, and even now they are still nobody.

A whiteman called olfert, who never in his lifetime stepped foot in Africa but wrote in journals how Bini have cathedrals like those of Vatican was partly to blame for Edo false sense of self worth. The man even went as far to say Edos wash their house walls and polish them till they glitter and be like mirrors.

Edos with their witchery soon started parading around as a great people.

...we are yet to see evidence of Edo greatness.
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

See ur foolish sense. The Omada is a slave. Can u see the rings on his legs? It’s a symbol of his enslavement. Edo person does not play that role. The Omada used to be Yorubas enslaved at the palace. Well you are not Edo so cannot know that.
However in this modern era, that practice has been done away with, the Omada is now referred to as being employed and released after a certain age..
but you yorubas in this modern era are still sacrificing your women and children for rituals. Shame...

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
banku:

Hey you, beheading pregnant women using them for rituals is a common practice among you yorubas. A practice you people continue to do forever, so please claim what’s urs don’t put it on us.
The only people we beaded are the Yorubas during the time we were conquering your lands. We even beheaded your Deji of Akure and many of your Ewis and Obas. Abi you don forget? I can start to remind you of all your rulers we beheaded.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

We have always known their stories to be hoax and unbelievable. Even historians refuse to consider their fables for any worth other than waste of time.

Their cups are over filled, they transgressed beyond boundaries, now they must get their brains reset with facts that show they were nobody before, and even now they are still nobody.

A whiteman called olfert, who never in his lifetime stepped foot in Africa but wrote in journals how Bini have cathedrals like those of Vatican was partly to blame for Edo false sense of self worth. The man even went as far to say Edos wash their house walls and polish them till they glitter and be like mirrors.

Edos with their witchery soon started parading around as a great people.

...we are yet to see evidence of Edo greatness.

Look to the east of Yoruba lands there you will see our greatness. We conquered and ruled all over your fathers..

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

Hey you, beheading pregnant women using them for rituals is a common practice among you yorubas. A practice you people continue to do forever, so please claim what’s urs don’t put it on us.
The only people we beaded are the Yorubas during the time we were conquering your lands. We even beheaded your Deji of Akure and many of your Ewis and Obas. Abi you don forget? I can start to remind you of all your rulers we beheaded.

Can you provide evidence or is this just another of yoir fable.

Here is evidence Igala defeated you and raided and took war booties from palace.

Give tangible evidence to prove you defeated Yoruba. We are tired of empty mouth abeg. grin

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

Look to the east of Yoruba lands there you will see our greatness. We conquered and ruled all over your fathers..

Give evidence nau, aah! grin
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Can you provide evidence or is this just another of yoir fable.

Here is evidence Igala defeated you and raided and took war booties from palace.

Give tangible evidence to prove you defeated Yoruba. We are tired of empty mouth abeg. grin

The difference between you and me is that while I can proudly boast that we defeated and conquered you Yorubas, you cannot do the same but rather run to Igala as defeating Benin in battle. Thank God you know that Yoruba was never a match for Benin.
As for your Igala they were a vassal state to Benin kingdom paying tributes till the 18th century, so how did they defeat Benin and end up a vassal?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Obalufon: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

The difference between you and me is that while I can proudly boast that we defeated and conquered you Yorubas, you cannot do the same but rather run to Igala as defeating Benin in battle. Thank God you know that Yoruba was never a match for Benin.
As for your Igala they were a vassal state to Benin kingdom paying tributes till the 18th century, so how did they defeat Benin and end up a vassal?
what you had was midnight raid on a peaceful villages
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
Obalufon:
what you had was midnight raid on a peaceful villages

Lol. Thank God it’s all in archives, you can easily research and find it. I know u already did but u just suffering from denial.
Ever wondered why Benin is always referred to as Mighty Benin kingdom??
That is your next assignment I’m giving you. Go research.
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

Why should i fabricate a war between Yoruba and Bini if there wasnt one? What pride are you talking about? Pride of fables and hoaxes?

Bini came out of Ife. Oyo came out of Ife. Ondo came out of Ife.

Oyo warred with Ondo, Egba warred with Ijebu.....but no history ever says Oyo defeated Yoruba, or Ondo defeated Yoruba, Ijebu defeated Yoruba or Egba defeated Yoruba. What sense will that make?

Your problem is you, descendants of Edo slaves are trying to do witchery and make Edo and Bini into one with Edo as a warrior force that fought against Yoruba and others.

Your witchery can pass for others....you can use the smokescreen to sell them your make believe but with me it remains a fantasy.

Bini and Yoruba are one. If Bini fought Owo....its not Bini fought Yoruba.

When Ekiti's Ogedengbe waged war on Bini we dont say Yoruba fought Bini. Never. Ekiti and Bini are brothers of same racial root and progenitor.

We are not related with Edo, we dont know you. We only came to your land to civilize and rule over you.

So if Edo waged war on Owo or Ekiti then this will correctly qualify as Edo fought Yoruba because you and us are different racial stock with different progenitors.

So bring evidence of where Edo fought Yoruba. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Why should i fabricate a war between Yoruba and Bini if there wasnt one? What pride are you talking about? Pride of fables and hoaxes?

Oyo warred with Ondo, Egba warred with Ijebu.....but no history ever says Oyo defeated Yoruba, or Ondo defeated Yoruba, Ijebu defeated Yoruba or Egba defeated Yoruba. What sense will that make?

Your problem is you, descendants of Edo slaves are trying to do witchery and make Edo and Bini into one with Edo as a warrior force that fought against Yoruba and others.

Your witchery can pass for others....you can use the smokescreen to sell them your make believe but with me it remains a fantasy.

When Ekiti's Ogedengbe waged war on Bini we dont say Yoruba fought Bini. Never. Ekiti and Bini are brothers of same racial root and progenitor.

We are not related with Edo, we dont know you. We only came to your land to civilize and rule over you.

So if Edo waged war on Owo or Ekiti then this will correctly qualify as Edo fought Yoruba because you and us are different racial stock with different progenitors.

The Benin armies that laid waste to much of Eastern Yoruba, beheading your rulers were mostly made up of Esan and urhobo soldiers, brave warriors they are. And the army was led by Esan Generals.
One of the administrators appointed to administer a part of our conquered Yoruba town was Urhobo. Some Esan administrators were appointed too.

You are not Edo so can never understand who the Edo people are. But know this; Benin kingdom of the Edo people conquered and ruled over your ancestors for hundreds of years. It is all in the archives, go find out and you will see the painful truth.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Obalufon: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Babaramota !!!well done Sir the truth will always prevail .. Enlighten them

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by Obalufon: 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

The Benin armies that laid waste to much of Eastern Yoruba, beheading your rulers were mostly made up of Esan and urhobo soldiers, brave warriors they are. And the army was led by Esan Generals.
One of the administrators appointed to administer a part of our conquered Yoruba town was Urhobo. Some Esan administrators were appointed too.

You are not Edo so can never understand who the Edo people are. But know this; Benin kingdom of the Edo people conquered and ruled over your ancestors for hundreds of years. It is all in the archives, go find out and you will see the painful truth.
Die in your delusion Uroboh and Isan general.. Jesus you guys are brain dead

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
Obalufon:
Die in your delusion Uroboh and Isan general.. Jesus you guys are brain dead

On the contrary, you are the one that will die in your denial. A simple research you cannot do, you are here ranting out of pain and fear of the obvious.
Edo people led by our great Oba conquered and ruled your ancestors.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by banku: 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2018
Watch out for some of Ogiamen sons that were conquered by Oranmiyan centuries ago still resisting Yoruba domination of their ruling house.

They now want to use Urhobo and Esan as their mercenaries against Yoruba. The same Ogiso they deserted to form their own land because of brutality and imprisonment with a wall to prevent them from escaping.

No it won't work. Professor Peter Ekeh, an Urhobo detailed your cruelty until Oranmiyan saved you from Ogiso.

When Ogiso sent his soldiers to go and bring back Ekhaleran from Ughoton, they deserted rather than commit suicide in the hands of formidable Ughoton soldiers protecting Ekhaleran.

You wan hia wod, we go dash you plenty.

davidnazee:

Look, this Edo, Edo nobody knows among reputable historians, takes a back seat to others outside South West where the most recognized civilization in Africa is Yoruba; taught in every reputable university worldwide.

Outside South West, Try Hausa states, Igbo Ukwu, Ashanti, Sudan etc. Edo will never register except among usurpers standing on Yoruba shoulders.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

Abeg provide evidence and stop all this mouth dance nau.

Follow my example...you no see as i dey talk dey throw evidence put? If i say your forebears were uncivilized i throw picture join am to show im truthful. I even show what happened afterward when your fathers began wear clothes.

If i say Attah raided your palace i throw picture join am to prove.

If i want show yoir witchery i throw artocle join am to prove.

If i want prove say you were used for sacrifice to worship ancestors in Ife i throw the flag commemorayed by your Oba join am.

Its called credibility.

Prove you are credible and stop running mouth on fables.

Show us the Urhobo, the Esan, the Ika, the Ibo the Tsekiri, the Ijaw, the Fulani, the Igala, ...all those that fought with you to defeat Yoruba show them.

We dey wait......dont let your credibility be in question abeg.

Do some of your witchery and provide the proof grin
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
banku:
Watch out for some of Ogiamen sons that were conquered by Oranmiyan centuries ago still resisting Yoruba domination of their ruling house.

They now want to use Urhobo and Esan as their mercenaries against Yoruba. The same Ogiso they deserted to form their own land because of brutality and imprisonment with a wall to prevent them from escaping.

No it won't work. Professor Peter Ekeh, an Urhobo detailed your cruelty until Oranmiyan saved you from Ogiso.

When Ogiso sent his soldiers to go and bring back Ekhaleran from Ughoton, they deserted rather than commit suicide in the hands of formidable Ughoton soldiers protecting Ekhaleran.

Look, this Edo, Edo nobody knows among reputable historians, takes a back seat to others outside South West where the most recognized civilization in Africa is Yoruba; taught in every reputable university worldwide.

Outside South West, Try Hausa states, Igbo Ukwu, Ashanti, Sudan etc. Edo will never register except among usurpers standing on Yoruba shoulders.

grin grin

They were raised on hoax, they live on hoax....

grin
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by BabaRamota1980: 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
davidnazee:

Lol. Thank God it’s all in archives, you can easily research and find it. I know u already did but u just suffering from denial.
Ever wondered why Benin is always referred to as Mighty Benin kingdom??
That is your next assignment I’m giving you. Go research.

Of course it will be called Mighty Benin...afterall they came out of Imperial Ife. What else would you expect?

Is there a mighty Edo?
Re: The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom by davidnazee: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
banku:

Your fake made up stories and frustration amuse me a lot. Don’t worry, my next post will break ur heart. Ask Babaramota I dealt with him before he ran here. I will deal with u too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Outrage As Nigerians Perform Traditional Rituals Publicly In South Africa.Photos / The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.