Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times (19222 Views)

15 Bible Verses To Encourage You / Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today / How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Anigreat: 6:38am On Jul 01, 2018
If you are feeling overwhelmed, run down, and without hope, the Bible can lift your spirits and give you a fresh start! This collection of verses from the Holy Bible are filled with encouragement and will have you experience God's healing power for our soul. Meditate on these verses through the day and share them with your friends so you can make an impact on someone else's day!

1. Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

2. Isaiah 43:2

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

3. Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

4. Proverbs 18:10

The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

5. Psalm 31:24

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

6. Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

7. Corinthians 1:3-4

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

8. Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

9. John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

10. John 16:33

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

11. Psalm 46:1-3

1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

12. Psalm 118:14-16

14 The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation. 15 Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things! 16 The LORD’s right hand is lifted high; the LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!

13. Psalm 119:114-115

114 You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. 115 Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God!

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/encouraging-bible-verses/

cc. Lalasticlala, mynd44

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by s3tt1ngz003: 6:57am On Jul 01, 2018
Is not always about Bible verse at times
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by EmekaBlue(m): 6:57am On Jul 01, 2018
God forgive me but I think God is slow to action

Person go pray tire for something but won't get it until u tire.
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 01, 2018
Consolation
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by etenyong(m): 6:59am On Jul 01, 2018
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

15 Likes

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Newpride(m): 6:59am On Jul 01, 2018
Of all the books written in this world, bible remains the best. It’s incomparable

Jesus is Lord

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Exwizard: 7:00am On Jul 01, 2018
Just here to read comments
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Leonbonapart(m): 7:00am On Jul 01, 2018
Glory to God Almighty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by hemartins(m): 7:01am On Jul 01, 2018
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help [cometh] from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD [is] thy keeper: the LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Amen.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by jabor4Naija(m): 7:04am On Jul 01, 2018
God bless u for dis

2 Likes

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by ecokebaram44(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2018
the word of God is power not that your problems will be solved immediately but when you abide in the word of God, believe me the problem is half solved making you not to look elsewhere for solution.

5 Likes

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Nltaliban(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2018
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by ecokebaram44(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2018
the word of God is power. not that your problems will be solved immediately but when you abide in the word of God, believe me the problem is half solved making you not to look elsewhere for solution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by prinxwizard(m): 7:10am On Jul 01, 2018
can any of those sick verses solve the inherent world problems? i think we've been indoctrinated for so long.....!

2 Likes

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by feodan: 7:15am On Jul 01, 2018
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Blacksodje(m): 7:15am On Jul 01, 2018
God is ever faithful but remember that God will not do for you a thing you can do for yourself....

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by feodan: 7:15am On Jul 01, 2018
Bible verses, i don't think is all to our problems.
me as an example, i'm going through my hardest time as im writing this post.
i ones loved the lord, trust in is word, evangelise, pray, fast, live a holy live, do his will and serve him.
but it happens in january i backslide and seens then, my life is now worse than when i was in d world be4 i repented.
it was not my will to backslide, but i lose it when i was faced with a challenge that has to do with what i have maid up my mind i'm never gonna do again.
salvation is the best thing that have ever happened to me, cuz i found hope, peace, joy, in serving him.
now as i speak to u, nobody on this earth trust me anymore, my mum is fed up. Every member of our church that ones loved me while serving God no hated me as hell.
i was thinking of committing suicide when this matter become worse, but d only thing that kept me back was that. My mum is a widow, and my elder brother is dead. My sis has given birth to 2 different kids @ d age of 25 for two different men.

3 Likes

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by sagitariusbaby(m): 7:17am On Jul 01, 2018
The word of God is ever true and will never fail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Alejoc(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2018
The word lives on!

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Mekanus(m): 7:21am On Jul 01, 2018
EmekaBlue:

That's to show u the nigga ain't real and prayers is useless.
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by ryd3(m): 7:23am On Jul 01, 2018
Thanks OP. This really is uplifting

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Badgers14: 7:24am On Jul 01, 2018
Jesus wept!!!
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Automatic3444(m): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2018
EmekaBlue:

Its all about time... He knows the best 4 us

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by ItzChinnex(m): 7:29am On Jul 01, 2018
Thank You Jesus
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by younghartz(m): 7:31am On Jul 01, 2018
EmekaBlue:

your plans are different from God's plan.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by uwa1(m): 7:32am On Jul 01, 2018
Nice
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Dejiy10(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2018
Renewed.
Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by hopefulLandlord: 7:36am On Jul 01, 2018
younghartz:

your plans are different from God's plan.

Has the thought that there's no such thing as "God's plan" ever crossed your mind?

2 Likes

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by Dejiy10(m): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2018
feodan:
Bible verses, i don't think is all to our problems.
me as an example, i'm going through my hardest time as im writing this post.
i ones loved the lord, trust in is word, evangelise, pray, fast, live a holy live, do his will and serve him.
but it happens in january i backslide and seens then, my life is now worse than when i was in d world be4 i repented.
it was not my will to backslide, but i lose it when i was faced with a challenge that has to do with what i have maid up my mind i'm never gonna do again.
salvation is the best thing that have ever happened to me, cuz i found hope, peace, joy, in serving him.
now as i speak to u, nobody on this earth trust me anymore, my mum is fed up. Every member of our church that ones loved me while serving God no hated me as hell.
i was thinking of committing suicide when this matter become worse, but d only thing that kept me back was that. My mum is a widow, and my elder brother is dead. My sis has given birth to 2 different kids @ d age of 25 for two different men.

Don't give up, Sir. Don't. Give. Up.
Things have a way of falling in place.
Be strong. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times by procky(f): 7:41am On Jul 01, 2018
Thanks you Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Nigerians Emerge As Richest Pastors In Africa - Forbes / Don't Settle For Less; Don't Live A Life Of Mediocrity / 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.