Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

My Experience With A Plagiarist - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Experience With A Plagiarist (5184 Views)

How To Secure Your Story On Nairaland,prevent Plagiarist From Claiming Your Work / Inem Sunday Jackson Also Known As Iaminem Is A Plagiarist! !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Plagiarist by souloho19(m): 8:45am On Jul 01, 2018
Its painful when a writer takes his time, to write, research and post all for free...for the enjoyment of the readers only for someone to steal the work just because of copy and paste.

A lot of bloggers and writers reached out to me for permision to post my story and they will all testify that the only condition I always give is that they add the copyright before they start posting. I.e: (C) Kingsley Efughi...no part of this work should be duplicated....etc.

However this is Nigeria and we are generally lawless. So many bloggers go ahead to copy the story without reaching out or crediting the author.
Recently, I searched one of my stories of Google and was just going through the sites with the story. Some credited me and some didn't however there was this particular blog 'tosinsilverdamdotcom'
He not only copied the story without giving the necessary credit but the painful thing was he listed himself as the author and even put his CV also. Just like authors do behind their books.

I was pissed but still didn't take any action until I found out from another writer 'bib294' that he did the same thing to her with her story 'life of a broke Naija graduate' and I remember that period she was disheartened and almost stopped writing, And when she challenged him he apologized but here his is doing the same thing again!

I decided enough was enough and that this bloody plagiarist needed to be taught a lesson.
So i messaged him claiming to be a producer who was interested in the story. A part of me expected the dude to come clean that he was not the author but to my suprised the guy began negotiating with me and the most shocking thing was when he kept on asking if he would be credited. Credited for another persons work/sweat.

Mister, This story gave me sleepless nights, the people of Amaife had sleepless nights even some readers had sleepless nights...and for someone to snatch the story because of the availability of copy and paste is just vile and wicked.
Aa
I initially planned to meet up with him face to face to teach him a serious lesson he won't forget but I guess he was too scared knowing he's just a glorified criminal, so the next ammunition available to me is to expose him on nairaland and hopefully curb this wicked habit of his.
To you Tosinsilverdam, honestly thank your stars you developed cold feet for our meet up cause althou I'm not the violent type, Alli no Joy would have taught you some manners.

To every plagiarist please desist from plagiarising....the least you can do is give credit to whomb its due. It takes dedication and hardwork not to mention time consumption to write a story and the fact that I post stories for free here doesn't make me a fool.

I dont know how many writers you have done this same thing to cause I saw a lot of NL stories on your site,but it has to stop.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by souloho19(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by souloho19(m): 8:49am On Jul 01, 2018
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2018
chai onto which level. this guy wicked ooo. wanna collecr money with anoda person story. chai

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by cyndy1000(f): 9:48am On Jul 01, 2018
Please don't talk too much Ali no Joy will do finishes touches on him.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Oroolorun(m): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2018
That is it, when some people started having problem in life, they would be running from one church to another.... continue Tosindeadwood (nothing silver about him), you will pay the price very soon, very very soon.
No be curse o, na prayer!

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by ghostwritter(m): 10:22am On Jul 01, 2018
and then you hear people shouting "ghostwritter does not always complete his stories"....abi i haf complete it angry
pls OP I need you to drop that stupid guy number so we can just say 'Hello' to him. same thing had happened to three of my write-ups just this year, the guy took credit for everything on his blog and here on nairaland but thank God for many of my fans here who helped me destroyed his life with insult and curse knowing it was my story OMOTAYO SULEMAN. when I confronted him, he quickly apologized and made amends. the next day, I composed a story for his blog as my sign of forgiveness titled DEATH OF A BLACK WRITER (Which was about the mysterious death of a plagiarist murdered by the aggrieved original writer who is believed to be an introvert but a nasty maniac). My plagiarist on seeing the story began to send apology messages thinking the story was meant to be futuristic on him....I had a great laugh with it...emi ti mo ti wa yere tipe tipe (Me wey don madt since kingdom-come). grin grin
lalasticlala come and carry this thread to the alter because it looks like snake grin

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by HelenBee(f): 10:48am On Jul 01, 2018
Let's send the boys that chief Amunike sent to Rex and Bami or we send BROTA to him.

He is nothing but a thief.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Obinnau(m): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2018
souloho19:
Lalasticlala obinnau lets protect our writers pls
Send me the link to the site
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by souloho19(m): 11:40am On Jul 01, 2018
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by souloho19(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2018
ghostwritter:
and then you hear people shouting "ghostwritter does not always complete his stories"....abi i haf complete it angry
pls OP I need you to drop that stupid guy number so we can just say 'Hello' to him. same thing had happened to three of my write-ups just this year, the guy took credit for everything on his blog and here on nairaland but thank God for many of my fans here who helped me destroyed his life with insult and curse knowing it was my story OMOTAYO SULEMAN. when I confronted him, he quickly apologized and made amends. the next day, I composed a story for his blog as my sign of forgiveness titled DEATH OF A BLACK WRITER (Which was about the mysterious death of a plagiarist murdered by the aggrieved original writer who is believed to be an introvert but a nasty maniac). My plagiarist on seeing the story began to send apology messages thinking the story was meant to be futuristic on him....I had a great laugh with it...emi ti mo ti wa yere tipe tipe (Me wey don madt since kingdom-come). grin grin
lalasticlala come and carry this thread to the alter because it looks like snake grin

the guy is just something else see his big head sef

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by meneski(m): 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2018
i have nothing to say dan oboy if u no stop dis bullshit na so u go work and anoda pason go chop am cum beat u ontop ur own shit.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
the worst thing that can happen to someone in life is not been betray and stab in the back (i.e foume & rex) is taking a man sweat & glory...
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by souloho19(m): 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
meneski:
i have nothing to say dan oboy if u no stop dis bullshit na so u go work and anoda pason go chop am cum beat u ontop ur own shit.

Which bullshit guy..stop what??
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by meneski(m): 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2018
souloho19:

Which bullshit guy..stop what??
ah dey assume say de guy dey read my post. Bastard thieves. My folo dat link go destroy sometheng asap.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Ann2012(f): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
Just imagine, stealing someone else's work and collecting the credit..... The guy no try at all. Na real Barawo he be. God go continue to they expose them

#saynotoplagiarism
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by donteanz(m): 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
After Now They Will Say Someone Should Not Join Cultism. What Is Wrong If I Track And Send A Group Of Finest To This Idiot Who Thinks Blogging And Stealing Is Synonymos.

My Brothers And Sisters Who Have So Far Been Blessed With The Intellectual Capacity And Inspiration To Write Great Work In Literary Appreciation, My Advice Is That You Stick Strictly To Your Heart. If You Like Write Stories And Leave Them For Ever Or Write And Erase After Sometime(like Ghostwritter) It All Depends On You And Baba Gode Who Will Reward You Based On The Fact That You've Made A Generous Use Of The Gift He Has Given Unto You, Sure Will.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by stevodot22(m): 8:42am On Jul 02, 2018
Souloho u get soft mind walahi, you should have taught this slowpoke lessons that he will never forget in his life.and it would have served as deterrent to others. Imagine you having a sleepless night writing, typing, thinking burning data and receiving insults from readers, then one good for nothing TOSIN claiming all accolades. Na thunder go fire the guy.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Opeade939(f): 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2018
Some people ehn..... Smh
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by pweetygiftofGod(f): 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2018
The saying that, “ monkey dey eat, baboon dey chop” is true but woe unto that man / woman who steals people's sweat, glory without acknowledging its owner cry
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Akinwale14(m): 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2018
Tosin Don Castgrin
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Bibi294(f): 6:20am On Jul 03, 2018
Silverdam should just come out and clear the air abeg....

You can't feed on people's sweat, it's uncalled for... Someone will have sleepless nights trying to please himself and his readers... Someone will sit somewhere trying to make money and fame on his sweat... And you say God will not punish Silverdam
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 7:41am On Jul 03, 2018
souloho19:
Its painful when a writer takes his time, to write, research and post all for free...for the enjoyment of the readers only for someone to steal the work just because of copy and paste.

A lot of bloggers and writers reached out to me for permision to post my story and they will all testify that the only condition I always give is that they add the copyright before they start posting. I.e: (C) Kingsley Efughi...no part of this work should be duplicated....etc.

However this is Nigeria and we are generally lawless. So many bloggers go ahead to copy the story without reaching out or crediting the author.
Recently, I searched one of my stories of Google and was just going through the sites with the story. Some credited me and some didn't however there was this particular blog 'tosinsilverdamdotcom'
He not only copied the story without giving the necessary credit but the painful thing was he listed himself as the author and even put his CV also. Just like authors do behind their books.

I was pissed but still didn't take any action until I found out from another writer 'bib294' that he did the same thing to her with her story 'life of a broke Naija graduate' and I remember that period she was disheartened and almost stopped writing, And when she challenged him he apologized but here his is doing the same thing again!

I decided enough was enough and that this bloody plagiarist needed to be taught a lesson.
So i messaged him claiming to be a producer who was interested in the story. A part of me expected the dude to come clean that he was not the author but to my suprised the guy began negotiating with me and the most shocking thing was when he kept on asking if he would be credited. Credited for another persons work/sweat.

Mister, This story gave me sleepless nights, the people of Amaife had sleepless nights even some readers had sleepless nights...and for someone to snatch the story because of the availability of copy and paste is just vile and wicked.
Aa
I initially planned to meet up with him face to face to teach him a serious lesson he won't forget but I guess he was too scared knowing he's just a glorified criminal, so the next ammunition available to me is to expose him on nairaland and hopefully curb this wicked habit of his.
To you Tosinsilverdam, honestly thank your stars you developed cold feet for our meet up cause althou I'm not the violent type, Alli no Joy would have taught you some manners.

To every plagiarist please desist from plagiarising....the least you can do is give credit to whomb its due. It takes dedication and hardwork not to mention time consumption to write a story and the fact that I post stories for free here doesn't make me a fool.

I dont know how many writers you have done this same thing to cause I saw a lot of NL stories on your site,but it has to stop.

Our chats are pictured below.
Lol! I knew it was you, I knew all along that it was you. I decided to play along, please what's so special about your story? Next time try harder, so you think I feed on your story? I feed on your sweat. And people believe this, I was expecting this. Please did I end up meeting you This person was the one disturbing me, I don't even reply the chats cos I'm not interested. I was never interested in meeting you that's why I didn't pay attention to this person. Cos it was written on my website that the story was by Soulho or whatever his name is. This is so childish, do you know how long I've been doing this? You decided to bring your stupidity here and think you can dent my image. I will bring out all the screen shots of how this person was disturbing my life, calling me as well. Playing stupid games.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 7:45am On Jul 03, 2018
Bibi294:
Silverdam should just come out and clear the air abeg....

You can't feed on people's sweat, it's uncalled for... Someone will have sleepless nights trying to please himself and his readers... Someone will sit somewhere trying to make money and fame on his sweat... And you say God will not punish Silverdam
You of all people believed this rubbish, as if you don't know me. Haven't I done business with you? I have sent a sewing machine to you all the way from Lagos, despite the fact that you don't know me face to face. I even copied one of your story and I gave you credit. So you believe this rubbish by this desperate writer?
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 7:53am On Jul 03, 2018
souloho19:
Lalasticlala obinnau lets protect our writers pls
Do you know how many stories I have written? So you actually believe I feed on your sweat? All these new writers believe they are Wole Soyinka, why didn't you show them how I was ignoring your chats, how I stopped replying or I keep postponing the stupid meeting. I've done all these before, please grow up. I'm not a baby, claiming you work with Elvis Chucks
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 7:54am On Jul 03, 2018
Akinwale14:
Tosin Don Castgrin
Cast on top wetin? You're very funny...
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 8:07am On Jul 03, 2018
Too bad, I've cleared my chats. This is the last chat, this person kept on disturbing me, playing stupid games with me. Called me early in the morning on phone, what is he trying to prove? I didn't even store the number cos I was never interested. This is so stupid, I have my stories written by me published on so many sites, including Okadabooks and Amazon Kindle, why would I feed on your sweat, when I'm also a writer. The annoying part is how you approached me pretending to be who you are not, it's so childish. I dare Souloho19 to show all the chats, everything, instead of showing his own part. Show all the chats from the beginning to the end.

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 8:15am On Jul 03, 2018
Look at the time he called me, very early in the morning. I picked the call cos I didn't know it was him, immediately I knew it was him, I hung up on him cos I wasn't interested. He was the one disturbing me, looking for loopholes. God will judge you. I am very disappointed in bibi294, cos I know her, she used to be on my bbm contacts, I even credited her, I never claimed the story. She even bought a sewing machine from me all the way from Benin, why would she now say I plagiarized her story? Are you people trying to ruin my name or what?

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 8:24am On Jul 03, 2018
I still remember vividly when you mailed me, asking me for money or so cos I copied your story, before these your silly games. I knew all along that it was you. So childish, acting as if you're world renowned writer. I guess you don't have work.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Bibi294(f): 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
silverdam:
Lol! I knew it was you, I knew all along that it was you. I decided to play along, please what's so special about your story? Next time try harder, so you think I feed on your story? I feed on your sweat. And people believe this, I was expecting this. Please did I end up meeting you This person was the one disturbing me, I don't even reply the chats cos I'm not interested. I was never interested in meeting you that's why I didn't pay attention to this person. Cos it was written on my website that the story was by Soulho or whatever his name is. This is so childish, do you know how long I've been doing this? You decided to bring your stupidity here and think you can dent my image. I will bring out all the screen shots of how this person was disturbing my life, calling me as well. Playing stupid games.
You don't have a point, Tosin... You don't, for any reasons claim someone else's work in the name of 'playing along'... Just accept your fault and apologize

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Bibi294(f): 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
silverdam:
You of all people believed this rubbish, as if you don't know me. Haven't I done business with you? I have sent a sewing machine to you all the way from Lagos, despite the fact that you don't know me face to face. I even copied one of your story and I gave you credit. So you believe this rubbish by this desperate writer?
He is not a desperate writer... He gains nothing writing stories, but for you to say you you're playing along is something I don't want to hear... yes, we did business... I ordered, PAID and received... Agreed!
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Bibi294(f): 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
silverdam:
Look at the time he called me, very early in the morning. I picked the call cos I didn't know it was him, immediately I knew it was him, I hung up on him cos I wasn't interested. He was the one disturbing me, looking for loopholes. God will judge you. I am very disappointed in bibi294, cos I know her, she used to be on my bbm contacts, I even credited her, I never claimed the story. She even bought a sewing machine from me all the way from Benin, why would she now say I plagiarized her story? Are you people trying to ruin my name or what?
I knew you even before i started writing on NL, from the days you wrote about how a man who sexually abused me... Thats how you actually got on my bbm... Yeah.... I was a fan of your blog....
About plagiarising my work... Yeah... You did something related sometimes ago... I messaged you and you apologised... Told me you sent me a mail....remember?
2,3 writers are complaining about the same thing.... Yet, you don't find out disheartening...

I was the one who advised Souloho19 to chat you up actually... To let you know how hurt he was... Stop plagiarising people's stories...

No one is trying to pull or ruin your name... So man up and learn from your mistakes...
Peace.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lola Shoneyin Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today / Where To Download Cyprian Ekwensi's Works For Free / Who Has An Idea Of How To take Creative Writing Courses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.