Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (41359 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Addressing EndSARS Protesters At The National Assembly / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks Buhari To Resign Over Insecurity / DSS Storms Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Islie: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2018
By Biyi Adegoroye and Tai Anyanwu

The controversy trailing the 2018 budget may not have abated as the Chairman, Senate Committee on Electricity, Iron, Steel and Meteorology, Senator Eyinaya Abaribe says he would open a can of worms that must have precipitated his arrest when the Senate resumes plenary on Tuesday.

Responding to Sunday Telegraph’s enquiry on the heels of his release last week after spending five days in custody of the Department of State Services (DSS), the Senator representing Abia North in the National Assembly declined comments, but said would keep sealed lips till that day.

Sources close to the Senator, however, said his recent arrest and detention was designed cow because of his protest over unlawful padding of the power budget by N30billion by yet to be identified highly placed person(s) in the Ministry of Power, Works and Housing after its passage by the National Assembly.

“In the 2018 Appropriation Act, the National Assembly discovered a disparity to the tune of N30billion in the budget passed by them and the one assented to by the President.

A new item under code 1010927, titled: ‘Expansion and Reinforcement of Infrastructure in 11 Distribution Companies to Reduce Stranded Generation Capacity,’ was noticed by lawmakers,” the source said.

The discovery, our source said, has compelled other committees in both houses to carry out a comparative study of what they approved in the Appropriation Act, and what was contained in the copy signed into law by the President.

“I was when the report was to be made known by Abaribe, Senate Spokesman and his counterpart in the House of Representatives that Abaribe was arrested.

“I was there during the arrest. Eight security operatives visited the house; two manned the gates while the other six searched through every document in the house.

We were told they were looking for weapons, but no such was found. “They even saw Mrs. Abaribe marking some school scripts, but they took her laptop computer and examined it for any incriminating content.

But again nothing was found. During his detention, he was given statement sheets on many occasions to see whether he would contradict himself, but he failed to do so,” the source said. The source added that the leadership of the National Assembly which believed the arrest was designed to intimidate the senator also visited the Director of SSS over the matter, to formally lodge a complaint over the matter.

The National Assembly wondered why the executive complained about alteration in the budget because the former introduced 6,403 projects critical infrastructures totaling N578 billion and slicing other allocations, when it inserted new project after its passage.

However, when contacted, Senator Abaribe declined comments on the issue, he rather said he could only speak extensively on it when the National Assembly resumes this week.

Responding to the allegation, Special Adviser to the Power, Works and Housing Minister, Mr. Hakeem Bello, said it is illogical for anyone to claim that a new item was introduced into a budget already passed by the National Assembly, just before Mr. President signed it into law.

“It is very illogical to make such claim. If anyone injects a new item into the bill before the President signs it into law, will the Ministry of Finance release such fund for it?

I don’t know what they are talking about, and if the Senator wants to open any can of worms, we are waiting to see it,” he said

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/07/ill-open-a-can-of-worms-says-abaribe/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 01, 2018
Please do

But watch your back too

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by shortgun(m): 9:20am On Jul 01, 2018
Man of integrity

148 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by magoo10(m): 9:36am On Jul 01, 2018
Buhari is only restructuring corruption and not fighting corruption.

Enyi the fiery politician should go ahead the people are behind you.
Buhari can only deceive zimbies

211 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by holywota: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2018
please do, open all

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by yungpowers(m): 10:56am On Jul 01, 2018
Please open st. Bubuus's nyash let all zombies see how corrupt the old kunu sipping brukutu is.
Enyi Abaribe, a man that's got balls. Open it sir, we like worms.

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by debaj10: 10:57am On Jul 01, 2018
because bababubu don free u abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by uzohrome(m): 10:58am On Jul 01, 2018
I trust Sen Aberiba, he is so intelligent and always on point. I know he will expose them more.

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by ivandragon: 11:09am On Jul 01, 2018
pmb only pads negativity...

corruption... padded...

killings.... padded...
political intimidation... padded...

poverty... padded...

lies... padded...

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by mamaafrik(m): 11:46am On Jul 01, 2018
open that of snake tooo,manybof our representatives are shit mongers.

7 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Hofbrauhaus(m): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2018
If Bohary doesn't go to jail after 2019, then I'd give up on Nigeria..

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by saaron(m): 11:57am On Jul 01, 2018
Abaribe keep standing for the truth, those who are with you in truth and justice are mightier than those who are in support of lies and tyrrany.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Ziggylady(f): 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2018
Senator Abaribe please do...keep standing for the truth ,sane and upright people are with you...Sophisticated Morons are the only ones against you..

They know themselves.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Lekan1o1: 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
I like this man honestly for being a truth sayer.

25 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by GOFRONT(m): 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2018
grin

Talk true

31 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by greatiyk4u(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2018
If there is any can to open why the wait?

All these epistle is enough to open the can

Propaganda to keep the wailers entertained

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by uwa1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2018
Abaribe you better open it... Cos in an unjust society silent is a crime...

If u talk, u die... If don't talk, u die... So u better talk and die.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Lerio(m): 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ride on Senator nwannaa

No be person like Umeh wey nah for only agu awka u go see am

6 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by gurnam: 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2018
This man is just playing to the gallery with his noise!
The ministry can only introduce new line items into the budget via a supplementary budget not a budget already passed by into law by the senate.

Please do quick and open the can of worms, Nigerians will be better off if there is any such thing.

Nigerians know why most of these lawmakers are angry, their financial expectations through budget padding, oversight extortion of ministries and monetary demand from executive to pass budgets are not been met.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Macmoni(m): 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
plz dat fool should shut his mouth is he not a igbo man
(empty threats as always)

8 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Macmoni(m): 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
plz dat fool should shut his mouth is he not a igbo man (empty threats as always)

5 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Alariiwo: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ziggylady:

Senator Abaribe please do...keep standing for the truth ,sane and upright people are with you...Sophisticated Morons are the only ones against you..

They know themselves.

The same Abaribe that allowed senators cut SE allocations to score cheap political points?

The same Abaribe dining with the Caliphate while his people suffer and die like chickens in the hand of pythons..

When will Abaribe ask senate to recognize Biafra and allow his people go?

You enjoy fooling yourselves in that part of the country.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by momodub: 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2018
Oya na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Naijiant: 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2018
If you have something to say, say it and quit with all this drama queen behaviour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Kelamma(m): 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2018
Please open it.
*grabs my groundnut and my chilled bottle of Hero*
Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Beehshorp(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
Last last if you open can of worms na lizard go still chop am

2 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
That's rich coming from senator Iberibe

1 Like

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
Open Sir or Keep Kwayet shocked

2 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by amnwa(m): 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2018
For cheap data

Check my profile.

Thanks to those who have been buying
Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by loomer: 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2018
open maggot join

2 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by Emu4life(m): 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2018
Oya open nah

4 Likes

Re: 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by zombieTRACKER: 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2018
Spill it and don't waste time

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imam Who Saved Birom Christians In Plateau Fulani Killings (Photo) / Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business / Senator Joseph Waku Dies In US (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.