Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,556 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet (1253 Views)

Sorry, But You Can't Wish Your Way To Exam Success / Osase, The Second Black Female To Graduate From Yale In Astrophysics, A Nigerian / JAMB May Cancel Half Of 2019 UTME Results In Some States Over Cheating — PT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet by guyXander(m): 9:17am On Jul 01, 2018
Let me correct those of you that have been wrongly saying "welcome to the second half of the year."
FYI, we are not yet in the second half of the year, but we are in the "second half of months".
But not of days!

Mathematically, thus:

This year is not a leap year so therefore = 365 days
365/2 = 182.5 days

But 30 days has September, April, June and November. All the rest are 31, except February alone which has 28 days or 29 days in a leap year.

Analysing thus:
January = 31 days
February = 28 days
March = 31 days
April = 30 days
May = 31 days
June = 30 days

Total = 181 days

So therefore, as at the end of June, we have 1.5 days remaining to cross over to the second half of the year.

So therefore, in 2018, we will cross over to the second half of the year in Nigeria (according to Nigeria time GMT+1) at JULY 2, 12 noon.

At 12.00 noon GMT+1 ON JULY 2, WE IN NIGERIA WILL CROSS OVER TO THE SECOND HALF OF 2018.

Chai. Maths wicked. ���

Antonio Francesco compiled it!

4 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet by courna(m): 11:01am On Jul 01, 2018
guyXander:
Let me correct those of you that have been wrongly saying "welcome to the second half of the year."
FYI, we are not yet in the second half of the year, but we are in the "second half of months".
But not of days!

Mathematically, thus:

This year is not a leap year so therefore = 365 days
365/2 = 182.5 days

But 30 days has September, April, June and November. All the rest are 31, except February alone which has 28 days or 29 days in a leap year.

Analysing thus:
January = 31 days
February = 28 days
March = 31 days
April = 30 days
May = 31 days
June = 30 days

Total = 181 days

So therefore, as at the end of June, we have 1.5 days remaining to cross over to the second half of the year.

So therefore, in 2018, we will cross over to the second half of the year in Nigeria (according to Nigeria time GMT+1) at JULY 2, 12 noon.

At 12.00 noon GMT+1 ON JULY 2, WE IN NIGERIA WILL CROSS OVER TO THE SECOND HALF OF 2018.

Chai. Maths wicked. ���

Antonio Francesco compiled it!
Lol...... nice one.... maths is really crazy

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2018
This is why you have no friends undecided

6 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet by oglalasioux(m): 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2018
So you don't know about rounding in maths.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet by CAPSLOCKED: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2018
AnonyNymous:
This is why you have no friends undecided

HAHAHAHA grin

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet by mikaj(m): 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2018
This one weak me
Re: I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 02, 2018
So therefore; So therefore; So therefore!

Anyway, you are a mathematician.
Re: I Am Sorry But We Are Not In The Second Half Of the Year Yet by sylvez(m): 9:40am On Jul 02, 2018
don't you think that you are part of our problems in this country...... you can't use your brain to think better things abi??

OK, now that you have proved your point what exactly should we do?

mtcheweeew

(1) (Reply)

WAEC/NECO 2021-2025: Major Themes In 'no Longer At Ease' By Chinua Achebe / ... / Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.