Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,270 members, 7,780,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:29 PM

Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. (11038 Views)

Acrimony Ii Coming Soon / Please Where Can I Download Acrimony Movie... / Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by TheKingIsHere: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
stanoc:

Hmmm....na wa for some people o....Tor.....no wahala....nobody is saying one shd not be a goal-getter, however do it without being parasitic especially as a man....he was practically using her to get to his goal and in return did nothing for her,and as for d Diane girl I bet you she wld not ve been able to put up with the guy as much as Mel did. Anyway it is just a movie, and I honestly pray it doesnt happen to any lady here especially those saying Mel is at fault, dtz when one will know what anger issues is. Ordinarily knowing that your boyfriend went to see his ex u as a girl will keep malice for a whole week with the guy. Not to now talk of you seeing all what ur former husband promised to do for you being done to another girl, especially d one dt made u upset from d onset.

All these kind of comments just pisses me off.

He was not parasitic. He was a goal setter. The ex wife knew this.

Go and watch the movie again, you will see where he also promised to pay her back once the deal struck. There was a time he was pained when he was told never to call the company again. He even cried saying that all he ever wanted was to pay her back and make her happy but as usual, you all always ignore that part.

As for the ex wife she calculated the total money he owed her to be $1.2m. The question is, did he pay her back? Yes or No. Did he wait for her to request for the money owed before paying her back? Yes or No.

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by TheKingIsHere: 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
lighthousearc:
From my point of view, Robert has no fault!. If both of them were together he wouldn't actualize his dreams, even to get a good job was a problem, because he's an ex convict!....

Finally Robert finally achieved his dreams with Diana and you expect him to go back to the woman who push him out and divorced him? if Robert never paid Melinda 10m and bought back the house then his a bad person, but the man did the best for her 10m and bought back her mom's house. That's been a MAN.

It's not always who started! it's all about who helped you to the finish line and you appreciate your past.

PS: It's just a movie! You ladies are just been emotional. You don't know what it means to be a GOAL-GETTER if you don't (Someone who strives to achieve their ultimate goal regardless if the outcome is good or bad) For people saying Robert owes Melinda every breath in him, well he does and at the end of the day he did his part! Without Melinda he will still survive...he has been surviving before she met him. As a man with dreams we know how to find our ways around things. It's call DETERMINATION. In a real life scenario if a man has a dream he will achieve by all means...So women don't think men are stupid lol

You deserve a carton of origin.

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by TheKingIsHere: 4:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
chocome:
my take on this acrimony is that Melinda gave up her family to marry Robert she also gave up her mother's house and the money she inherited from her mother all for Robert,
Now my question is WHAT DID ROBERT sacrifice for Melinda

Good question.

Robert didnt have anything to sacrifice because he was poor but he gave her his assurance that all she sacrificed on him will be repaid once the deal clicked.

It is because of this assurance that she kept on spending her money on his work.

So, did he repay her or not?
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by lighthousearc: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
stanoc:

Hmmm....na wa for some people o....Tor.....no wahala....nobody is saying one shd not be a goal-getter, however do it without being parasitic especially as a man....he was practically using her to get to his goal and in return did nothing for her,and as for d Diane girl I bet you she wld not ve been able to put up with the guy as much as Mel did. Anyway it is just a movie, and I honestly pray it doesnt happen to any lady here especially those saying Mel is at fault, dtz when one will know what anger issues is. Ordinarily knowing that your boyfriend went to see his ex u as a girl will keep malice for a whole week with the guy. Not to now talk of you seeing all what ur former husband promised to do for you being done to another girl, especially d one dt made u upset from d onset.

Your opinion not mine. I’m never going back!
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by golddeejay(m): 2:12am On Aug 22, 2018
I don't understand people blaming Robert for acting too fast. A divorce means "it is over between us". So do you really expect him to be waiting around for her to come back? What if he didn't make? There will never be a discussion about coming back together.

About Robert and his dream. Agreed, Robert stuck with his dream and it paid him in the end. I think when you are chasing a very big dream, there is need to have a little plan by the side to keep body and soul together. Through the movie until he made it, Robert came across as lazy. He may not necessarily get a 9-5 but a little business that will bring some income while pushing your dream would have been better. Easier said than done, nobody is promised an easy life.

Again, Robert was generous and did right by Mel even after she divorced him. No one can blame Robert and Dianna for hooking up. Mel threw Him away and He became nobody's property. Mel has been there for him for 18 years but gave up on him, Mel picked him up at when he was at the lowest point, she comforted and helped him achieve his dream faster.

In conclusion, for me Robert did Mel no wrong and Dianna did no wrong. Mel succumbed to external pressure and should be satisfied with what Robert did for her. She got her house back and ten million. People saying it is not enough for her sacrifices...Well, whose fault is that?

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by babyfaceafrica: 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
lolz...see what film has caused
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by stanoc: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
[quote author=stanoc post=70521399][/quote][quote author=TheKingIsHere post=70453930]

Good question.

Robert didnt have anything to sacrifice because he was poor but he gave her his assurance that all she sacrificed on him will be repaid once the deal clicked.

It is because of this assurance that she kept on spending her money on his work.

So, did he repay her or not? [/quotdt

Can u imagine what u just typed here?
Pls go and check the history of those that were passionate abt der dreams and made it and see if they wer all lazy while believing in their dreams. So pls just imagine dt d dream never came what wld ve been d case? Assurance indeed......So wait first just imagine he had no house ,no food or clothing will he sit down under d tree and continue to believe in his dreams,won't he go and work at least to eat? He was so relaxed believing in his dream cos someone else was paying d bills. I mean..what responsible man leaves 100% of his responsibilities to his wife?
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by DABREEZYTOS(f): 7:54am On Aug 23, 2018
lemme ask you a question....have u ever been cheated on once?if yes....if you were in TARAJI'S SHOES...the moment your sisters come showing you that same woman purse he once cheated on you with.....what's the first thing that's gonna pop up in your head....i'm not saying the lady is right...they are both at fault is all i'm saying
TheKingIsHere:

Did you watch the movie at all?

So all those begging Robert did was not fighting for their love?

Even when he went to the office with her lawyers, he begged her right there again, what did he get in return? She turned her face away while her sister downgraded him the more.

Even when Robert went to meet her at her office with flowers, the first thing she told him was that there is nothing he will do to make her come back. So what else do you want from him?

So because he made it now, all of a sudden she started throwing herself all over him, wearing skimpy clothes and stalking him like a lunatic.

Take note that the ex wife was sleeping with herex boyfriend immediately she divorced him, so what else do u want him to do?

Also take note that the other lady risked her own job for Robert by even telling he company secretary to bring out his files. Something that other people in her position avoided years back. She arranged a meeting with the top boss, and if it went badly would mean she was incompetent and might get her sacked. She risked all these. She also took Robert in when he was at his lowest and sheltered him until the deal struck.

Finally, Robert didnt give her all those things to spite his ex wife. It is just common sense.
Take note Robert gave her all the things he promised his ex wife except the things like wedding gown,etc since they were no longer married.

He gave it all to the new wife because that's is the plans he had in his head as an ideal wedding and gift to his wife for close to 2 decades.

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by TheKingIsHere: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2018
DABREEZYTOS:
lemme ask you a question....have u ever been cheated on once?if yes....if you were in TARAJI'S SHOES...the moment your sisters come showing you that same woman purse he once cheated on you with.....what's the first thing that's gonna pop up in your head....i'm not saying the lady is right...they are both at fault is all i'm saying

Now Robert cheated on her when they were just boyfriend and girlfriend not husband and wife. Big difference!!!

So, if she can jump into conclusion for an assumption because he cheated on her just once which happened almost 2 decades ago then she is highly foolish.

Remember, when she caught Robert cheating during their teenage period, she told herself not to assume and jump into conclusion, that's why she drove over to his house/car and made sure she caught him in the act. This was smart and the right thing to do.

So I ask, why didn't she take those steps again to catch him in the act the second time before making conclusion?
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by smat101(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Finally I've watched Acrimony...�
and its worth the hype...
The part that got me laughing was at the ending when she was pointing a gun at Robert,then Robert told her I love you...lols...
She now said okay tell her (Diana) to jump into the see lets start all over again... grin[color=#006600][/color] grin grin

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by LilySopi(f): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
site to download please ooo
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by encryptjay(m): 5:37am On Aug 25, 2018
LilySopi:
site to download please ooo
Choose your preferred format http://s1.0music.pro/s3/Movie/Acrimony.2018/
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by MrEnigma007: 7:43am On Aug 25, 2018
someone keep repeating the 10million being a fair deal.... really?... she never invested the money because of the gain, she did because she wanted her man to be happy, she lost hope in the dream long before he finished sef.

Did anyone not notice that Diana wouldn't have really supported him if not because Robert wasn't with Mel?... Do you think Diana would have sacrificed as much "love, time, money" as Mel did?

the only lesson is "life can really be unfair, and can f**k you without mercy even if you are a good person"

PS: remain good still

2 Likes

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by stanoc: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2018
MrEnigma007:
someone keep repeating the 10million being a fair deal.... really?... she never invested the money because of the gain, she did because she wanted her man to be happy, she lost hope in the dream long before he finished sef.

Did anyone not notice that Diana wouldn't have really supported him if not because Robert wasn't with Mel?... Do you think Diana would have sacrificed as much "love, time, money" as Mel did?

the only lesson is "life can really be unfair, and can f**k you without mercy even if you are a good person"

Thank you jare, If you are a man then I am really impressed with your comment. Please who can remember the time dt IDIOT of a husband told her he was an ex-convict and that he will not be able to get a job? The parasite dint let her know until after a long time,d fool knew it will be difficult to get a job, and never told her until later.Can u tell what dt means? It simply means that the nicompu had d mind not to even work, can u remember d way he answered her? Mtcheeeeeeeewwww...and yet someone will tell me he gave her 10million....nawa o.......And as for d ladies here supporting dt act pls I,ll employ u EMPATHIZE with the movie and not SYMPATHIZE with it. As a girl ur boyfriend alone o can not afford to give u some material things,not even expensive things o just things per time u will notice d girl will start having second thoughts...not to even talk of husband.....and yet d girl did not file for a divorce. Please abeg many ladies supporting the act can not even put up with a lazy boyfriend not to even talk of a lazy husband, and a girl will now come out here and say 10million. It is understandable as a guy, but when I hear ladies mention dt 10 million it pisses me off. Mtcheeewwwww....10 million indeed...... Thanks MrEnigma007......Your comment is worth reading.

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
MrEnigma007:

Just watched the movie, the movie left my emotions paralyzed. i dont even know who to blame or who to support. but, i shed tears for Mel.

I also learnt never ever allow a third party into your home. Mel's sister ruined her.

And i agree with you..., Life is unfair.

A guy once told me "stop living for the moment and see far into the future" After watching this movie, I totally agree with him.

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Lana1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2018
stanoc:

Thank you jare, If you are a man then I am really impressed with your comment. Please who can remember the time dt IDIOT of a husband told her he was an ex-convict and that he will not be able to get a job? The parasite dint let her know until after a long time,d fool knew it will be difficult to get a job, and never told her until later.Can u tell what dt means? It simply means that the nicompu had d mind not to even work, can u remember d way he answered her? Mtcheeeeeeeewwww...and yet someone will tell me he gave her 10million....nawa o.......And as for d ladies here supporting dt act pls I,ll employ u EMPATHIZE with the movie and not SYMPATHIZE with it. As a girl ur boyfriend alone o can not afford to give u some material things,not even expensive things o just things per time u will notice d girl will start having second thoughts...not to even talk of husband.....and yet d girl did not file for a divorce. Please abeg many ladies supporting the act can not even put up with a lazy boyfriend not to even talk of a lazy husband, and a girl will now come out here and say 10million. It is understandable as a guy, but when I hear ladies mention dt 10 million it pisses me off. Mtcheeewwwww....10 million indeed...... Thanks MrEnigma007......Your comment is worth reading.
Ok. Let me ask you this. If not the 10 million, then what?? What did you expect Robert to ve done?
And pls don't tell me he should ve fought to get her back bcoz Mel made it clear they were over....done.... finished!!

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by stanoc: 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2018
Lana1:
Ok. Let me ask you this. If not the 10 million, then what?? What did you expect Robert to ve done?
And pls don't tell me he should ve fought to get her back bcoz Mel made it clear they were over....done.... finished!!

Ok my dear, let me illustrate something for you. When they were still going out and dt accident happened to Mel dt she lost her ovaries, thru d conversation of Mels' sisters u will notice dt Robert was consistent in begging that period, meaning he constantly begged until she listened to him. Now fast forward to when she asked for a divorce.....apart from d day she asked him to leave and the day of the signing of the divorce papers was there any scene or conversation dt showed Robert begging her and trying to explain things to her NO....there wasnt. Now my question is this what happened to the same enthusiasm he had when she had dt first accident, wer did it go to? Also what happened btw d day he left d house and d day he signed d divorce papers? Is there a proof, scene or maybe a conversation dt stated he consistently tried to prove himself innocent within those days?.....NO.......there wasnt. Maybe if there was I will gladly say he fought for her, but der wasnt. Now also my dear. If Robert was to do something at all......then I wld say he wld ve paid d Diane the 10 million or more and gone back to his wife. Now for those saying she went back to him for d money, and also dt she is a gold digger for that........so what is d big deal der? We all know Robert was a gold digger for her money when she was still young and even after. So if Robert can be a gold digger for her money....why cant Mel be a gold digger for his money too? We all know she deserves it..... And d Diane girl does she not ve dreams of her own, why must she live d dreams of the mans' ex wife? And on top dt putting everything on social media, trust me guys, even d calmest woman on earth will feel bad.
So Lana1 ve I answered ur question now? Or let me put it in simple terms, he wld ve gone back to his wife, and paid d Diane lady d money. Dtz my opinion dear.

2 Likes

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Lana1(m): 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
stanoc:

Ok my dear, let me illustrate something for you. When they were still going out and dt accident happened to Mel dt she lost her ovaries, thru d conversation of Mels' sisters u will notice dt Robert was consistent in begging that period, meaning he constantly begged until she listened to him. Now fast forward to when she asked for a divorce.....apart from d day she asked him to leave and the day of the signing of the divorce papers was there any scene or conversation dt showed Robert begging her and trying to explain things to her NO....there wasnt. Now my question is this what happened to the same enthusiasm he had when she had dt first accident, wer did it go to? Also what happened btw d day he left d house and d day he signed d divorce papers? Is there a proof, scene or maybe a conversation dt stated he consistently tried to prove himself innocent within those days?.....NO.......there wasnt. Maybe if there was I will gladly say he fought for her, but der wasnt. Now also my dear. If Robert was to do something at all......then I wld say he wld ve paid d Diane the 10 million or more and gone back to his wife. Now for those saying she went back to him for d money, and also dt she is a gold digger for that........so what is d big deal der? We all know Robert was a gold digger for her money when she was still young and even after. So if Robert can be a gold digger for her money....why cant Mel be a gold digger for his money too? We all know she deserves it..... And d Diane girl does she not ve dreams of her own, why must she live d dreams of the mans' ex wife? And on top dt putting everything on social media, trust me guys, even d calmest woman on earth will feel bad.
So Lana1 ve I answered ur question now? Or let me put it in simple terms, he wld ve gone back to his wife, and paid d Diane lady d money.
Yes. He begged her the first time.
And during the divorce(which was even because of Mel's sister insisting on it) and despite the way Mel's family always looked down on him in a condescending manner he begged her again. Yet Mel no gree. Even after he made it, and he went back to her, Mel didn't even let him land. She was already saying both of them were done and even went as far as saying "he borrowed a suit to impress her".

And after that, why didn't Mel also try to fight for him? It wasn't only Robert's responsibility to try to fight for the relationship considering Mel was the one who ended the marriage over nothing in the first place.
She sef should ve put in some effort to win her ex-husband back(even if he was already engaged to someone else). Instead she went to him and tried to win him back with sex like a common prostitute. And when that backfired, and she should ve approached the matter like a sane human being, she instead lost her shît and started harassing the couple.

If the roles were reversed and Robert was the one in Mel's shoes from the beginning, and he later acted out like Mel did, i'm sure u'd ve been still being pro-Mel.

First time Diana didn't even know Robert was in a relationship. And the 2nd time they met again, Diana didn't want to have anything to do with Robert unless his wife was present.
Soall that talk of Diana living someone else's life is Fallacy. Robert is a very simple man. If he sets out to do something in a specific way, no matter how long it takes he'll do it that exact same way.
He was the one who always dreamed and promised Mel all those things. And when he became rich, and for someone who had never had money in his life, he probably didn't know how to spend the money and decided to spend it the same way he had always dreamed. The yacht, penthouse apartment had nothing to do with Diana.

There's plenty of blame to throw around. Robert wasn't without his fair share of blame but with the way the movie went, Mel carries the lionshare of the blame.

This is my opinion as well!!

Dtz my opinion dear.
Understood

2 Likes

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
GameKartel:
I love dz movie alot. 'Acrimony' is taraji p's gr8test and tyler perry's well-written rom-thriller film. one moral lesson i learnt is just bcuz she signs d divorce papers doesnt mean all is over. Roberts keeps on saying he will always love her no matter what. he says dz words to her even after dia divorce. and dat justified her resorting to insanity & bitterness. d tin is, roberts moves on too fast and never fights to regain her love the second time. she is just the kind of woman dat needs to be fought over to regain her all outrightly and to d point wher you are supposed to be one getting d restaining order on her and if to no avail just let her be. sometimes, women say tins to dia spouse dey dont actually meant. i.e i hate u, i curse/regret d day i 1st met u, etc. & men say tins to dia women dey dont actually follow back on as in case of Roberts screwing up his second chance at getting back at her after sweet-talking her with d L-words; he's supposed to bury in his heart after the divorce. WHO DOES THAT?

I disagree with some of ur points. She asked for divorce, she took care of all the legal papers and all Robert had to do was to sign. Now it wasn't Robert's wish to sign but because he truly loved her and wants her happiness, to her getting divorced was her happiness and Robert gave it to her. If he didn't love her he wouldn't have signed the divorce papers and that would make him look selfish because without a proper divorce he's not letting her free and live her life that she has wasted for 18 yrs. I don't blame the woman too, she had to move on, where I blame her is her actions after Robert made it big.

Oh may I also remind u he never cheated on her. But she was already sleeping with another man even before they got officially divorced. And don't blame Robert for loving another woman. They were already divorced which means they are both free to move on. He doesn't owe her anything, so he found solace with the woman that helped him make his dream come true, and it was the same woman he dated 18 yrs ago so it wasn't difficult to fall in love.

The first thing Robert did after getting his big paycheck was look for Melinda, gave her $10 million and the keys to her home that was sold. That is more than enough because he might as well not give her ANYTHING since they were already divorced before his dreams came true. But the time Melinda came back for him it was too late as he was already dating someone else (and don't forget Melinda was also Bleep***ing someone else.

3 Likes

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2018
newjosboy:

I don't agree with you and the person you quoted! How da hell wont he move on fast when the person who made his dream come true stood by him and made the connections and encouraged him even when he he was a loser? I would do the same thing if I found d myself in that position.

Exactly. Not to get sentimental, I don't blame Melinda because she had to endure for 18 yrs believing in her man and paying the bills. But in the end she lost it which is no good. I don't know how people can say Robert moved on too fast when Melinda herself was the one that filed and pushed for a divorce. If Robert didn't sign the papers then he would have been tagged 'selfish'. He signed the papers so he could move on. And the woman that helped him get his dream was an ex gf which he never dated again while he was married.

Just picture this, u got divorced and ur ex gf stood by u and helped u get to ur dreams, maybe even sheltered u. It's very easy to re ignite an old love affair. Those ladies up there are being sentimental abeg.

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
DABREEZYTOS:
you are dame right.....someone who once forgave you when you cheated,,,,the first time you knew how you tamed her to forgive you but the 2nd time which you even knew you didnt do which was just an assumption just at the sight of a mere purse...damn.....ROBERT ought to fight for their love...what hurt me the most was giving another lady the life you promised your ex wife..was it to spite her or what??...

Umm, u are missing one thing here. They were DIVORCED and guess who fkrctne divorve, it was Melinda, over a purse and Robert never cheated on her after they got married. Yes Robert was a loser and the only way he could free Melinda was if he signed the divorce papers. Be honest to urself, if u are a lady and u married a jobless man and paid the bills for 18 yrs, sold ur mother's house for him and still no change. And then u asked for a divorce and the man refuses to sign the papers, won't u call him SELFISH? Talk true. Robert signed the papers to free her so she could move on.

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
Nelsizzy:
So you have not seen cases where people fall in love with bad people? Your argument holds no ground.

Lol, she wanted him back because she realized she made a mistake. She wanted him back because he became so rich from the battery which she has invested in for 18 yrs. Robert was not lazy, though he had to pause his life to pursue his dream which is not very good, what if the battery did not hit? But the bottom line is that it hit. And he never slept with another woman until after they got divorced, even Melinda slept with another man before divorce, what do u have to say about that?
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2018
Nelsizzy:
You and I know based on how the movie played out it wasn't about the money? Her life revolved around him, so you expected her to sit and look. Woo him back? Really, so if you suspect your gf cheated on you, you will still be the one to woo her back? How smart! You do realize his so called dream could be seen from a partnership view point. He contributed the brain power while she contributed the resources. So i don't see any reason why she shouldn't ask for her share. Adios!

U seem to forget they are divorced. The divorce Robert never wanted but Melinda forced him to, the divorce he signed so he won't be tagged as selfish. He doesn't owe her anything bro, even the court didn't think he owed her anything. If she wanted him back after he made money there are other waus she could have done that, not by demanding more money in court or by ruining his bride's wedding dress or trying to kill him.
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by stanoc: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2018
Lana1:
Yes. He begged her the first time.
And during the divorce(which was even because of Mel's sister insisting on it) and despite the way Mel's family always looked down on him in a condescending manner he begged her again. Yet Mel no gree. Even after he made it, and he went back to her, Mel didn't even let him land. She was already saying both of them were done and even went as far as saying "he borrowed a suit to impress her".

And after that, why didn't Mel also try to fight for him? It wasn't only Robert's responsibility to try to fight for the relationship considering Mel was the one who ended the marriage over nothing in the first place.
She sef should ve put in some effort to win her ex-husband back(even if he was already engaged to someone else). Instead she went to him and tried to win him back with sex like a common prostitute. And when that backfired, and she should ve approached the matter like a sane human being, she instead lost her shît and started harassing the couple.

If the roles were reversed and Robert was the one in Mel's shoes from the beginning, and he later acted out like Mel did, i'm sure u'd ve been still being pro-Mel.

First time Diana didn't even know Robert was in a relationship. And the 2nd time they met again, Diana didn't want to have anything to do with Robert unless his wife was present.
Soall that talk of Diana living someone else's life is Fallacy. Robert is a very simple man. If he sets out to do something in a specific way, no matter how long it takes he'll do it that exact same way.
He was the one who always dreamed and promised Mel all those things. And when he became rich, and for someone who had never had money in his life, he probably didn't know how to spend the money and decided to spend it the same way he had always dreamed. The yacht, penthouse apartment had nothing to do with Diana.

There's plenty of blame to throw around. Robert wasn't without his fair share of blame but with the way the movie went, Mel carries the lionshare of the blame.

This is my opinion as well!!

Understood

I wish nairaland can do voice notes so I can express myself with my voice...but since it does not let me just type.
So....Mr Lana 1,all this talk abt d sisters looking down on him let me tell u something... At first when he was introduced to d sisters, d way they looked down on him I also didn't like it. However,he was given lots of chances to redeem himself so dt at least he can win some browny points in front of her sisters, but what did Robert do? He sat his Lazy ass at home believing in his dreams while d wife worked for him to eat. If he was at least doing something and her sisters wer still looking down on him then I'd understand, but Robert didn't want to try anything. Her sisters husbands wer not some rich dudes,but they understood d concept of providing and assisting their wives to take care of d home, but during dt period what was Robert doing, as usual he was sitting his Lazy ass at home. When her sisters and her husband came to propose dt deal so they cld raise money to pay for d loan before the house gets taken away, what was Roberts' reaction? He got upset cos Mel agreed to d idea and was angry cos he didn't support him... Lolllll....ehhhhhh na wa o....so wait first o....is it dt he wanted Mel to support him in not working? And cos of dt kept malice with her for days.
Mr Lana1,if it wer to be ur Sis... Biko.... What will u do? You will laff and accommodate d man abi? Then when eventually d house is taken from her you will put them in ur house abi? Mr Lana1 pls, if u are capable of watching while ur own sister is in a mess of a marriage then I can welcome ur comment abt dem looking down on him,but if not my dear,I'd say u rephrase ur statement abt them looking down on him.

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by laura8: 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
MrEnigma007:

That's it o..life can truly mess one up...I can feel Mel's pain sha..she was there ,every step of the way..in good,bad and terrible times..and when things were about to turn around..she lost every thing..due to some misunderstanding.. To me she was angry at life.. The only way she could vent out her anger was at Robert..
This is just a movie..but in reality a lot of terrible things happen to people ..they end up depressed, mentally unstable.. Etc..

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by laura8: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
Some lessons I've learnt eh
...make yourself happy..don't tie your happiness to anyone..live life and be as happy as you can be..

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Rashdimuh(m): 2:15am On Sep 02, 2018
The film made a lot of sense but I was surprised at its low imdb and Rotten Tomatoes rating.All in all I learned to believe in myself and my dreams, my high point was when chemical engineer guy was reluctant to sell research work for mere 500 grands and my low point was actually the girl Taraji p Henson abi writing be her name when she finally gave up and lost out.
Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by DABREEZYTOS(f): 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
to me?? that's not true...Melinda asked for divorce out of anger.....oh...so you think any sane lady would just throw away her who she so much blved in just like that?waste 18years just like that?why didn't she ask for the divorce right after he confessed that he's an ex con?
greenhulk:

Umm, u are missing one thing here. They were DIVORCED and guess who fkrctne divorve, it was Melinda, over a purse and Robert never cheated on her after they got married. Yes Robert was a loser and the only way he could free Melinda was if he signed the divorce papers. Be honest to urself, if u are a lady and u married a jobless man and paid the bills for 18 yrs, sold ur mother's house for him and still no change. And then u asked for a divorce and the man refuses to sign the papers, won't u call him SELFISH? Talk true. Robert signed the papers to free her so she could move on.

1 Like

Re: Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 06, 2018
DABREEZYTOS:
you are dame right.....someone who once forgave you when you cheated,,,,the first time you knew how you tamed her to forgive you but the 2nd time which you even knew you didnt do which was just an assumption just at the sight of a mere purse...damn.....ROBERT ought to fight for their love...what hurt me the most was giving another lady the life you promised your ex wife..was it to spite her or what??...

It was to show her that she is not indispensable as she thinks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine NL Fan Page / Your Best Movie Quotes / Link To Download Muna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.