Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

"We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" (40162 Views)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / AS Genotype Couples, Please I Need Your Advise / Possibility Of AA+AS Genotype Parent Give Birth To SS - Exper Opinion Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 02, 2018
please friends i really need your advice. I have been dating him for 5yrs now, we love each other so much . but our genotype is giving us serious issue, we are both As and we don't consider brake up as an option. the pressure on my boyfriend from family and friends is making him want to dissolve the relationship when he still love me deep down and I love him too.. we are just too confuse. I don't want to lose him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2018
If u have the money go ahead. There are solution to these problems but requires alot of cash.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2018
charliboy654:
If u have the money go ahead. There are solution to these problems but requires alot of cash.
what are the solutions

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 02, 2018
please move my post to front page.. please I need advice.
Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 02, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
what are the solutions
Have heard of checking the genotype of a fetus before its born, if it's ss, you about it, otherwise u leave the baby, cost between 350 to 400k, and this procedure could be done more than once b4 getting the desired genotype.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2018
charliboy654:

Have heard of checking the genotype of a fetus before its born, if it's ss, you about it, otherwise u leave the baby, cost between 350 to 400k, and this procedure could be done more than once b4 getting the desired genotype.
thank you very much

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Amarabae(f): 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
please friends i really need your advice. I have been dating him for 5yrs now, we love each other so much . but our genotype is giving us serious issue, we are both As and we don't consider brake up as an option. the pressure on my boyfriend from family and friends is making him want to dissolve the relationship when he still love me deep down and I love him too.. we are just too confuse. I don't want to lose him.
my dear, listen to me.
If you marry him, both of you are AS,
That means that every child you bear has a 25% chance of being an SS.
It is a medical fact.
So are you guys ready for the gamble ?
What if you give birth to an SS?
Can you handle the economical, physical ,mental and emotional stress that comes with managing an SS child?
The best advice I will give you is to let the guy go!
Remember his family is now against the relationship, if both of you prove stubborn and get married and have an SS child, you will not get the support of the family.
The blame brigade will come out for you.
Let the guy go.
It's painful to say goodbye, I understand
Just let him go!
Unless you both will marry and adopt children without having any biological child,
I doubt it.
Let him go.
I repeat let him go

381 Likes 27 Shares

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Amarabae:
my dear, listen to me.
If you marry him, both of you are AS,
That means that every child you bear has a 25% chance of being an SS.
It is a medical fact.
So are you guys ready for the gamble ?
What if you give birth to an SS?
Can you handle the economical, physical ,mental and emotional stress that comes with managing an SS child?
The best advice I will give you is to let the guy go!
Remember his family is now against the relationship, if both of you prove stubborn and get married and have an SS child, you will not get the support of the family.
The blame brigade will come out for you.
Let the guy go.
It's painful to say goodbye, I understand
Just let him go!
Unless you both will marry and adopt children without having any biological child,
I doubt it.
Let him go.
I repeat let him go
it is very difficult.. I have been addicted to him for 5years. so the only thing that want to separate us on this earth is genotype. it's very painfull

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Babacele: 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
if the two of you would damn stereotypes and norms while being careful not birthing an SS, you can adopt children and stick together forever to the chagrin of all but I bet you would want to birth your own . Painful situation.

15 Likes

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by nabegibeg: 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:

Don't do what you will regret in the future. As sweet as you may sound the sorrow you about to unleash when you bring a child with SS into this world would wreck you both.

It will be a case of you crying your own crying.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by delishpot: 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
Ok na. Just strong your mind to bear whatever consequence especially if you decide to have kids in the future. You must prepare that you are knowingly bringing a child into the world to suffer pains and near death experiences. Those who gave birth to sick kids due to no fault of theirs are wishing they could carry the pain for their sick children how much more when you have it at the back of your mind that you brought this child into this world out of your own selfishness. That would be bad.
If you two choose the abortion route then I have nothing to encourage you on that. If you decide not to have biological kids then that is fair. Hopefully there would be hope and solution for handling such cases ie selecting sperm and eggs to weed out the high risk ones then doing IVF to place them in your oven. Its well. Pkele, ask around and decide on what option is best for you two. Please if his family say NO do not force it o. Tomorrow if you have SS and you start running up and down he will get tired and blame you for the whole problem your sturboness brought to him. It is financially, mentally and physically exhausting. Please ask anyone who has had a sick child. Esp one who falls sick frequently. Even small cough and catarrh that lasts for two weeks sends parents into worry frenzy talkless of SS. Think am well abeg.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Protein0: 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
If you've truly confirmed the two of you to be HbAS individuals, the only evidence of love you can show each other is to break up
By the time you have one HbSS child, not to talk of more, you'll curse love. Such child too will curse you both once s/he knows that it could have been averted, I've witnessed this before, the boy cursing his parents on his admission bed despite their obvious struggles to care for him. They had 4 kids, 3 HbSS, 1Hb AS. One of the 3 died already, the remaining two are usually rotating hospital admission. As such the parents can never be absent in the hospital for two consecutive months. If you've ever stayed with an admitted person, you'll understand better.
Visit any teaching hospital or meet couples with HbSS child/children, thank me later.

This is the reality staring at you, who ignores such?

Note, kindly don't let any spiritual leader or some Google medical personnels deceive you. Cheers kiss

122 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by princeadams11: 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
Send me mail for solution to your problem
Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by lastempero: 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
Be ready for ur sickle cell carriers shocked
Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Jorussia(m): 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
.The only thing i know is love without reality and wisdom is foolishness.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Ziggylady(f): 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
There is no advise for you here..If you know what is good fo you,better break up now

Painful as it will be.

7 Likes

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by idolda: 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
Typing
Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by jauntty: 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
You don't consider break up

Then why bother seeking advice!!!

Go and marry na. Bear the consequences.

You will just add the Nigeria's problems

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
y
Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by gurunlocker: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
Then you are ready to suffer your children, finance and yourselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by nan1: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
N
Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by dingbang(m): 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
What kind of stupid love is that? angry don't piss me off..

I had a friend who died after she graduated from university and she was an ss child...

Unless you want to see your children die early..then you can go ahead and marry him.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Olalan(m): 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
Truth is both of you are very selfish individuals, if only you know the pains and sufferings SS go through you'll break up ASAP

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Amberon11: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
cheesy
Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by opera1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
The Only solution is to Let him go to avoid putting u & d entire family into problems in future.
If u go ahead and u gave birth to SS, the child will not forgive u.
God shall surely provide a better man for you.

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by 1603yyyy: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
When you don't consider breakup as option, what then are you considering #murasi#

7 Likes

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by mabelly: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
charliboy654:

If I were to be in your shoes I will consider this as an option.
I will equally show this advise to him so both of you be on same page.
While you both continue to do research on how to improve your chances.

But on no condition should your and your bf/husband bring a child into this world to suffer.

God's wisdom. EmpresFIDEL

1 Like

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Buhari2019: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
Don't punish that unborn child. Don't be heartless. Please, quit that relationship. There are a lot of AA men outside. Open your eyes. I have lost friend, cousin and school mates that were SS. Please, please, please, quit now.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" by Opeade939(f): 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
Please let him go..... I know its not going to be easy but that's the best solution right now.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Shares 5,000 Washable Face-Masks In Kano (Photos) / Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) / Even The Orthopaedic Hospitals Will Reject This One ( Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.