Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,897 members, 7,806,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 (3559 Views)

Playing Recorded Qur'an In Unclean Places / Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures / How Did Allah Command Us To Recite Al Qur'an During Salat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2018
A Muslim's Guide To Study Qur'an

In pure Islam, you need to understand Qur'an by yourself. You read it, ponder it. Keep the literary context in mind, it provide any necessary historical context. Relate the verses with other verses even in other chapters.

Ask other Muslims their take on the verses and analyze them, critically analyze writings of alternate scholars, compare numerous translations, double check the Arabic wording of the verses.

Think, think, think. You're not bound by any 'official' interpretation, you decide the most fitting interpretation from your findings. Whatever you resolve, be objective and sincere.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
In pure Islam, Hadith are not considered divine or ideal basis for Qur'anic studies. Few hadith may help to understand verses, but the idea that Hadith is indispensable text for studying Qur'an is unfounded.

As Qur'an remain our frame of reference;
1 - Any Hadith contradicting Qur'an is rejected. E.g Qur'an order to say salat aloud V Hadith order to sometimes say salat silently.
2 - Any Hadith prescribing or prohibiting what Qur'an is silent on is negligible at best. E.g Qur'an silence on music and circumcision V Hadith respective prohibition and prescription of them.

This is the only near objective method of grading hadith. The traditionalists' method remain a subjective sham.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
usermane:
Few hadith may help to understand verses,
Glad you said this. You are coming along gradually. No one forces you to accept all hadith narrations. What is required of you is to abide by the practices of fard: Salat, zakat, Ramadan and hajj. U have criticized all these.

These obligatory practices were demonstrated by the prophet himself. There is no way you can refute this. If everyone is to pray, fast or perform haj according to their understanding of Quran, then, there would have been no unification or no universal congregation like Jummah. I know you have turned down congregational daily prayers but how about Jummah which is self explanatory (CONGREGATION and OBLIGATORY)?.

Obviously everyone would pray diversely if we were to take your manhaj into consideration. I have seen QUR'ANite prayed before. It is ridiculous. Their practicals differ. That's all I want to you to accept(as we pray). This is where you are misguided. Anything else, you are not necessarily bound. Like Sun you have been talking about. Like sitting while drinking. Like doing everything from right side and countless others. These are not necessary. What is mandatory is you follow the majority the way we pray, fast, zakat and hajj. Otherwise you are innovator.

As for loud or silence in prayers as you indicated above, that's dhikr Quran is talking about not salat. Salat was practicalized and companions was him (saw)

1 Like

Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by sulasa07(m): 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2018
JazakumuLLAHU Khayran for all d explanations Empiree and as for d second person,may the LORD guide you unto d right path n thank you too.I gained so much from you both.

1 Like

Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 5:41am On Sep 06, 2018
Empiree: As for loud or silence in prayers as you indicated above, that's dhikr Quran is talking about not salat. Salat was practicalized and companions was him (saw)

Salat is to be said aloud. Read and digest these verses - Qur'an 17:110. The word used is salat, not dhikr.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 5:51am On Sep 06, 2018
usermane:

Salat is to be said aloud. Read and digest these verses - Qur'an 17:101. The word used is salat, not dhikr.

Am afraid you cited wrong ayah
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 5:56am On Sep 06, 2018
Empiree:
Am afraid you cited wrong ayah
Corrected. But you know the verse I meant
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 6:13am On Sep 06, 2018
usermane:

Salat is to be said aloud. Read and digest these verses - Qur'an 17:110. The word used is salat, not dhikr.

Oh no, I mistook this for another ayah sometimes ago. Thought this was it. This ayah is salat, as in daily salat context not dhikr. Yea, if you wanna recite loud voice fine. But when you join muslims in congregation you have no choice but to follow Imam. If you offer your zuhr and Asr in your privacy, recite loud if you want. That's btw you and Allah. But when you are with muslims in congregation you must conform with majority. I dont wanna waste time by citing historical background bcus it makes no eaming to you. But as i said earlier, the people who were present with prophet saw him prayed. They knew when he was silent and when he was loud in salat.

Again, if you want to recite Zuhr and Asr aloud, do so only when you offer them in your privacy alone
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 11:20am On Sep 06, 2018
Qur'an: True Devotion or Lip Service

Qur'an 17:110 - Recite salat neither loud nor silently but seek away between - audibly.

Yea, if you wanna recite loud voice fine. But when you join muslims in congregation you have no choice but to follow Imam. If you offer your zuhr and Asr in your privacy, recite loud if you want. That's btw you and Allah. But when you are with muslims in congregation you must conform with majority.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2018
Groupthink - Is the condition the writer suffers from. "Let's just do things as we met others doing". A honest response would've been admitting even mosque Imams MUST recite audibly at noon and afternoon, not silently. This is the response of those devoted to Qur'an.

I dont wanna waste time by citing historical background bcus it makes no meaning to you.

Of course, for a traditionalist, history would be more authoritative than Qur'an. And community conformity must be protected even at the expense of truth.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2018
A Traditional Muslim's Guide To Study Qur'an

Traditional Muslims do not study Qur'an first hand. It is encouraged to recite the Qur'an daily, but leave the studying to the scholars. Only the scholars have the requirements to study Qur'an; Knowledge on Hadith and Fiqh.

Sunan Abi Dawud » Book of Knowledge (Kitab Al-Ilm) »
Narrated Jundub:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: If anyone interprets the Book of Allah in the light of his opinion even if he is right, he has erred.

The scholars will tell you what you need to know on the verses. Trust them, they are well qualified.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
usermane:
Groupthink - Is the condition the writer suffers from. "Let's just do things as we met others doing". A honest response would've been admitting even mosque Imams MUST recite audibly at noon and afternoon, not silently. This is the response of those devoted to Qur'an.

Of course, for a traditionalist, history would be more authoritative than Qur'an. And community conformity must be protected even at the expense of truth.
You dont get it?. This is not about history is most authoritative over Quran. It is about companions saw how the prophet prayed. How does that multiplied to authority of history over Quran?. I have seen a sunni boy who asked online sheikh question that he is finding it difficult to recite silently the salat zuhr and Asr. Sheikh told him exactly what i said. That's, if you are with congregation behind imam, you have to follow imam. You do not raise your voice or pray differently. Otherwise, you will be causing fitna in the mosque. Now, i have not said you're not muslim if you recite zuhr and asr aloud but i said you should do so when you offer salat in isolation.

And no, you can not tell imam to recite out loud zuhr and asr. Imam is authority in the masjid even if he is 6 years old you must obey him.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
Empiree:
You dont get it?. This is not about history is most authoritative over Quran. It is about companions saw how the prophet prayed. How does that multiplied to authority of history over Quran?. I have seen a sunni boy who asked online sheikh question that he is finding it difficult to recite silently the salat zuhr and Asr. Sheikh told him exactly what i said. That's, if you are with congregation behind imam, you have to follow imam. You do not raise your voice or pray differently. Otherwise, you will be causing fitna in the mosque. Now, i have not said you're not muslim if you recite zuhr and asr aloud but i said you should do so when you offer salat in isolation.

And no, you can not tell imam to recite out loud zuhr and asr. Imam is authority in the masjid even if he is 6 years old you must obey him.

Your inconsistency is unbelievable. You've repeated previously that you'll reject any Hadith that contradict Qur'an. Why betray such principle now?

Please clarify your stand;

- Do you believe some Hadith contradict Qur'an? If yes, what should be done?

Next what's your general view on Hadith?
- Do you believe Muhammad received divine revelations outside the Qur'an?
- Do you believe Muhammad had authority forbid or prescribe what Qur'an is silent on?

1 Like

Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2018
usermane:

Your inconsistency is unbelievable. You've repeated previously that you'll reject any Hadith that contradict Qur'an. Why betray such principle now?

Please clarify your stand;

- Do you believe some Hadith contradict Qur'an? If yes, what should be done?

- Do you believe Muhammad received divine revelations outside the Qur'an?
- Do you believe Muhammad had authority forbid or prescribe what Qur'an is silent on?
He(saw) understood perfectly what the Quran is saying. He practicalized it and his sahaba saw him. If you wanna do contrary, pls do so in your privacy. No one holds you sinful for that but don't disrupt the congregation. And how does loud or silence in salat contradicts that ayah of Quran?. It doesn't.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 3:39am On Sep 07, 2018
Empiree:
He(saw) understood perfectly what the Quran is saying. He practicalized it and his sahaba saw him. If you wanna do contrary, pls do so in your privacy. No one holds you sinful for that but don't disrupt the congregation. And how does loud or silence in salat contradicts that ayah of Quran?. It doesn't.

Fella, please answer these questions;

- Do you believe some Hadith contradict
Qur'an? If yes, what should be done?

- Do you believe Muhammad received divine
revelations outside the Qur'an?

- Do you believe Muhammad had authority
forbid or prescribe what Qur'an is silent on?

1 Like

Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 4:32am On Sep 07, 2018
Empiree:
He(saw) understood perfectly what the Quran is saying. He practicalized it and his sahaba saw him.

I know, right? He understood perfectly what Qur'an is saying. That's why he permitted Muslim imperialism, slavery or killing apostates, and forbade combing the hair daily.
And his sahabas learnt it from him. So we have to trust them.

If you wanna do contrary, pls do so in your privacy. No one holds you sinful for that but don't disrupt the congregation.

Of course, I won't bother the congregation. But the imam is violating Qur'an. This truth must be said, in order to alert those who truly believe the Qur'an is written in detail, not in short hand.

And how does loud or silence in salat contradicts that ayah of Quran?. It doesn't.

For a person that cannot see the contradiction between reciting audibly and reciting silently, it's clear where your IQ lie on the scale. I shouldn't expect you to see the wrong in killing blasphemers/critics, killing apostates, marrying a 6 years old kid or disregarding wives's consent for sex.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 4:59am On Sep 07, 2018
usermane:

Fella, please answer these questions;

- Do you believe some Hadith contradict
Qur'an? If yes, what should be done?
Doesn't necessarily discarded but place on hold.

Sayings, deeds and silent approval of nabi(saw). This is basic definition. I need not go to subcategories.

- Do you believe Muhammad received divine
revelations outside the Qur'an?
Absolutely due to this ayah Q53:3 but this is not exclusive part of Quran. It is something called "Divine wisdom". This Divine Wisdom/Hikam was applied by prophet muhammad himself when it comes to salat. He understood it.

- Do you believe Muhammad had authority
forbid or prescribe what Qur'an is silent on?
Whatever Quran made Halah is made Hala by nabi. He did not go against Allah's Order. Whatever Allah made Haram, he(nabi) too made them haram. Whatever Quran is silent on, prophet(saw) had right to make prescribe on it in his sunnah.

And We have not sent down the Book (the Quran) to you (O Muhammad SAW), except that you may explain clearly unto them those things in which they differ, and (as) a guidance and a mercy for a folk who believe. [Quran 16:64]

From the above verse it is clear like day and night that Prophet Muhammad (p) is here to explain the Quran to Mankind, hence, he explained how to offer salat.

Now, let me put that aside for a second. Let me apply simple logic you want from me and i know you are gonna agree to certain extent.

Concerning daily salat, the current practice of prayer amongst "traditional Muslims" (as you called us) fulfills the requirements of the Quran. I am personally convinced in light of verses (64:16, 39:18; 39:55) which encourages one to strive to do one's best in religious matters, that the mutawatir propagation of the prayer that we have with us today ‘as best practice’ does not contravene any verse of the Quran. It fulfills the overarching requirement of the Quran with the guidance it offers with establishing prayer. Therefore, I find absolutely no cogent reason to 'reinvent the wheel'

In conclusion, muslims of different communities have TWO choices:

Establish a certain method which fulfills the guidance principles/aspect alluded to in the Qur'an.

Or

Assimilate with the existing prayer method particularly in congregations.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 5:09am On Sep 07, 2018
usermane:

I know, right? He understood perfectly what Qur'an is saying. That's why he permitted Muslim imperialism, slavery or killing apostates, and forbade combing the hair daily.
And his sahabas learnt it from him. So we have to trust them.
If you wanna comb your hair, comb it. If you wanna unkempt, pls do so. Na by force? Have told you there is also possibility of mistakes with matn.

Of course, I won't bother the congregation. But the imam is violating Qur'an.
Quran mandate obligatory Friday prayer, do you pray this every friday?. This is fard congregational salah. You can't prayer yours separate. So do you offer Jummah in congregation or not?. If not then you have disbelieve.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 6:36am On Sep 07, 2018
Empiree: Doesn't necessarily discarded but place on hold

You're kidding, right? You personally have no consistent response. Sometimes you ignore the hadith like stoning adulterers, other times you ignore the verse like reciting salat audibly. The so called sahabas who reportedly saw Muhammad recite silently also reportedly heard Muhammad order stoning of adulterers.

Look, I'm not a Christian or Atheist. You can't hornswoggle me that easily. I've entertain your dishonesty for so long and it's made me appreciate salafists like Newnaz, Fundamentalizt, lexiconkabeer who fiercely oppose me but have a consistent and honest approach to hadith. If an hadith contradict the Qur'an, Muslims' defer to the scholars for clarification, that is the official policy in your religion.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 7:35am On Sep 07, 2018
Empiree:
If you wanna comb your hair, comb it. If you wanna unkempt, pls do so. Na by force? Have told you there is also possibility of mistakes with matn.

Quran mandate obligatory Friday prayer, do you pray this every friday?. This is fard congregational salah. You can't prayer yours separate. So do you offer Jummah in congregation or not?. If not then you have disbelieve.

I'm vindicated for not joining the congregation on Friday because they violate Qur'an 72:18. By invoking Muhammad in the site for God Alone, they violate the monotheistic value of Islam.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 10:33am On Sep 07, 2018
usermane:

I'm vindicated for not joining the congregation on Friday because they violate Qur'an 72:18. By invoking Muhammad in the site for God Alone, they violate the monotheistic value of Islam.
shaking my head man...I see you have serious problem. You have dented manhaj. So Quran is wrong for mentioning name of the prophet next to Allah in many verses of the Qur'an?.

There are many verses you read "Allah and His messanger"

Al-Qur'an 64:8]

Al-Qur'an 48:13

Al-Qur'an 7:158

Al-Qur'an 63:1

Al-Qur'an 8:20

Al-Qur'an 24:54

Al-Qur'an 33:66]

To name a few. Did Allah make mistake for mentioning prophet Muhammad next to His Name all the time?. Or don't we recite verses in the masjid those verses in salat?. So we violate monotheism for reciting those verses too?. Check yourself man.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2018
usermane:

You're kidding, right? You personally have no consistent response. Sometimes you ignore the hadith like stoning adulterers, other times you ignore the verse like reciting salat audibly. The so called sahabas who reportedly saw Muhammad recite silently also reportedly heard Muhammad order stoning of adulterers.

Look, I'm not a Christian or Atheist. You can't hornswoggle me that easily. I've entertain your dishonesty for so long and it's made me appreciate salafists like New.naz, Fundam.entalizt, lexiconkabeer who fiercely oppose me but have a consistent and honest approach to hadith. If an hadith contradict the Qur'an, Muslims' defer to the scholars for clarification, that is the official policy in your religion.
so when I said we don't necessarily discard such ahadith you think that's just my opinion?. Nope. It depends on what you dealing with. So sorry, I made mistake actually. It was supposed to be like this:

Hadiths that are in harmony with Quran are placed at the top.

Hadiths that neither conform nor contradict Quran are place on hold or at the bottom.

Hadiths that contradict Quran (with no supporting evidence) are rejected.

And yes, you can still place Hadith of stoning on hold and reserved for Nigerian politicians for instance. I just don't believe it's general rule for Muslims. It is useful for hardened criminals not general rule, just like they have death penalty in some countries.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2018
Hadith Fostering Muslim Supremacy and Bias

Hadith #1; "Never say salaam to Jews & Christians, Push them to the narrowest path of the road". Some poster attempted distorting the straight forward meaning of this hostile directive to Muslims. But only those who lie to themselves undermine the harm in this hadith.

Now enter, Hadith #8. Another proof at the depth of anti-non Muslim bigotry in traditional Islam.

Hadith #8:
Sunan Abi Dawud » Book of Types of Blood-Wit (Kitab Al-Diyat)
Narrated 'Amr b. Shu'aib:
On his father's authority said that his grandfather reported the Prophet (ﷺ) said: A believer will not be killed for an infidel. If anyone kills a man deliberately, he is to be handed over to the relatives of the one who has been killed. If they wish, they may kill, but if they wish, they may accept blood-wit

Because in traditional Islam, non-Muslims are lower in status than Muslims, a Muslim can't be executed even for deliberate murder of a non-Muslim. Such is the degree of respect for non-Muslim life in Hadith grounded Islam.

Instead of receiving a death sentence, the killer in an homicide may be fined to compensate the victim's family. In this fine, more proof of Muslim supremacy is evident.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 11:22am On Sep 07, 2018
Hadith 8.1
Sunan an-Nasa'i » The Book of Oaths
"The Messenger of Allah said: 'The blood money for Ahl Adh-Dhimmah is half that of the blood money for the Muslims, and they are the Jews and Christians."

In sharia compliant Muslim community, Muslims rank above non-Muslims. And men rank above women, so the fine for homicide of a woman is a fraction of a man. https://sunnah.com/urn/416323

Sharia activists try to explain this away on ground that non-Muslims contribute less than Muslims to the Islamic state since they are exempted from responsibilities like zakat, jihad etc.

But how? Hello? Isn't this your argument for charging them jizya? Isn't it sharia that opt to marginalize non-Muslims, thereby limiting their participation or contribution to society.

If you're going to decide homicide fine based on contribution to society, then how about taking individual occupation into account? Is it sensible to charge more fine for the homicide of a Muslim blacksmith than a Christian Surgeon?
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2018
I have not read this hadith before but I will check it out.
usermane:
Hadith Fostering Muslim Supremacy and Bias

Hadith #1; "Never say salaam to Jews & Christians, Push them to the narrowest path of the road". Some poster attempted distorting the straight forward meaning of this hostile directive to Muslims. But only those who lie to themselves undermine the harm in this hadith.

Now enter, Hadith #8. Another proof at the depth of anti-non Muslim bigotry in traditional Islam.

Hadith #8:

Because in traditional Islam, non-Muslims are lower in status than Muslims, a Muslim can't be executed even for deliberate murder of a non-Muslim. Such is the degree of respect for non-Muslim life in Hadith grounded Islam.

Instead of receiving a death sentence, the killer in an homicide may be fined to compensate the victim's family. In this fine, more proof of Muslim supremacy is evident.
For the mean time, like I have said before, there are always examples in our contemporary world for every Hadith you criticize bcus you are on a mission. I will return here to address this hadith if there is any contextual references for it. For now, from what I understood is that this hadith shields muslims if they guilty of murdering non-muslims, correct?.

When was the last time you saw Western citizens (UK, US, CANADA etc) punished for crimes committed in another countries?. These countries shield their citizens by having him or her extradited to his or her home country for lesser punishment waived. Pls don't tell me this doesn't happen. I will give you references really quickly. Besides, did you not watch news few yrs ago (even now still happening). A while man committed terror!st act, we all know how they react if accused is Arab or black but this white guy was peacefully handcuffed and was taken to restaurant to eat and drink because he said he was hungry. That's how you treat criminal right? cheesy cheesy. It is called privilege grin

Far as I'm concerned, Islam embraces justice regardless of religion affliation color of your skin. cool

Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by true2god: 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2018
usermane:
A Muslim's Guide To Study Qur'an

In pure Islam, you need to understand Qur'an by yourself. You read it, ponder it. Keep the literary context in mind, it provide any necessary historical context. Relate the verses with other verses even in other chapters.

Ask other Muslims their take on the verses and analyze them, critically analyze writings of alternate scholars, compare numerous translations, double check the Arabic wording of the verses.

Think, think, think. You're not bound by any 'official' interpretation, you decide the most fitting interpretation from your findings. Whatever you resolve, be objective and sincere.
You like throwing the phrase 'in pure Islam'. Are there pure and impure Islam? The fact remains, the Qur'an, by itself, is not coherent without the hadith and the sirah. Most ayah in the Qur'an do not make sense without the hadith to shed light on the context. The so-called scholars of Islam identified this challenge hence they came up with hadith in order to shed more light on any ayah in the Qur'an.

To be honest, most Islamic scholars find the hadith more convenient than the Quran itself. Uthman ibn Affan did a very bad job when compiling this present Quran; many historical context were lost when most of the Hafiz died in the battle of yamama, a year after the death of Mohammed.

To make up for the lost information, the hadith had to be introduced.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by true2god: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2018
usermane:
In pure Islam, Hadith are not considered divine or ideal basis for Qur'anic studies. Few hadith may help to understand verses, but the idea that Hadith is indispensable text for studying Qur'an is unfounded.

As Qur'an remain our frame of reference;
1 - Any Hadith contradicting Qur'an is rejected. E.g Qur'an order to say salat aloud V Hadith order to sometimes say salat silently.
2 - Any Hadith prescribing or prohibiting what Qur'an is silent on is negligible at best. E.g Qur'an silence on music and circumcision V Hadith respective prohibition and prescription of them.

This is the only near objective method of grading hadith. The traditionalists' method remain a subjective sham.
Your opinion is subjective here and do not represent the opinion of mainstream Islam. The hadith, just like the Quran, is held in high esteem by all the 5 schools of Islamic jurisprudence. Although there is no divine inspiration attributable to it, the contents of the hadith contains over 80% of Islamic laws and practices. You cannot undermine its importance in Islam just because some hadith narrations speak ill of Mohammed. You have to give them their credit, ditto their bias and inefficiencies.

As a said earlier, if you hand over the Qur'an to a layman on the street, without any hadith or tafsir, the individual will have a serious mental breakdown.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 7:47am On Sep 08, 2018
Fatwa: Whether Muslim is killed for killing non-Muslim

According to the view of the majority of the scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them a Muslim should not be killed against a free non-Muslim under the Muslim rule. The evidence about this is the saying of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ): "A Muslim should not be killed for killing a non-Muslim." [At-Tirmithi]

Moreover, according to the view of the majority of the scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them the title (and rulings) “disbeliever” is applicable to a free non-Muslim under the Muslim rule.

However, Abu Haneefah, and the scholars of his School of jurisprudence may Allaah have mercy upon them are of the view that a Muslim should be killed for killing a free non-Muslim under Muslim rule; their evidence is two verses(2:178, 5:45). Nonetheless, the correct opinion is that of the majority of the scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them that is based on the above Prophetic narration, which is a direct proof related to the case of dispute.

Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=92261
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by Empiree: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
^^

"Majority of the scholars" is their opinion. They says that to empathize their opinion. Their is no favoritism in Islam. A Muslim who kills non-Muslim unjustly faces justice. A job Muslim who kills Muslim unjustly faces justice. How about that?.

So Mr. Usermane, you can not use opinion of some people to criticize "traditional Islam" as you called them. That's another injustice on your part. You could see clearly the article gives other differing opinion with scholars too. Are you sure you are sincere in what your are doing at all?.

1 Like

Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by budaatum: 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
true2god:
Your opinion is subjective here and do not represent the opinion of mainstream Islam.
And that seems to be the reason why the op is pointing out these errors in other's subjective understanding despite opposition in hope that more would learn.

I do think most Muslims share his view too, by the way. Muslims don't exactly go about killing people!
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by budaatum: 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
true2god:
Most ayah in the Qur'an do not make sense without the hadith to shed light on the context.
I disagree! Though, one should not be seeking sense in one ayah at a time. In Christianity, that would be like seeking light in a single verse! Most know they got to read the entire book!

The hadiths sound like the words of individual scholars and preachers with different, and sometimes, opposing views and context (hence subjective), some of whom erred in their understanding, and blindly following wrong hadiths leads one astray. Op, I think it is, said something about using one's brain too instead of fully relying on the brains of some ancient others.
Re: Why Qur'an Alone? 2.0 by usermane(m): 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Hadith #9
Hadith breeding Slavery

Sahih al-Bukhari » Book of Sales and Trade
Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah:
A man decided that a slave of his would be manumitted after his death and later on he was in need of money, so the Prophet (ﷺ) took the slave and said, "Who will buy this slave from me?" Nu'aim bin `Abdullah bought him for such and such price and the Prophet (ﷺ) gave him the slave.

There is a saying that Islam abolished slavery. Yet slavery did not end in the Muslim world till the twentieth century.

Muhammad referenced in the Qur'an would not cancel manumission of a slave. If the slave owner badly needed money, Muhammad would have raised some on his behalf.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Eid Prayer / Islamic View On Genotype, Especially On Marriage / Who Is In Charge At A Muslim Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.