Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings (24173 Views)

Asari Dokubo Slams Nnamdi Kanu Over 2019 Elections, Blasts 'Buhari Double' / Igbo Group Dares Kanu, IPOB Over 2019 Elections / Obasanjo Meets Adebanjo, Dosumu, Other Yoruba Leaders Over 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by solution1page1: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2018
The spokesman for the Northern Elders Forum, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, has met with former President Olusegun Obasanjo in his home in Abeokuta, Ogun State, to strategise for the 2019 presidential election.

The meeting, which held last Thursday between the NEF Chairman, Ango Abdullahi, and Obasanjo, was meant to agree on a possible consensus candidate, a source informed The PUNCH on Sunday.

It was learnt that the parley, which also had in attendance two other NEF members, deliberated about a suitable northern candidate that could attract massive support from all parts of the country in the 2019 elections.

It was learnt that the meetings were parts of the moves to unite elders of the six zones in the country to present a common front in the 2019 presidential election.

Investigations showed that the meetings were also aimed at proffering solutions to security challenges in the country.

The PUNCH gathered that the participants discussed the future of the country under a dynamic leader and how the NEF could partner other stakeholders across the country to ensure the election of a new candidate other than President Muhammadu Buhari.

The source said, “Ango Abdullahi actually visited Obasanjo in Abeokuta along with two other men. Their discussion, as you rightly guessed, bordered on the 2019 elections and the need to field a dynamic candidate who would be acceptable to the North and other regions of the country because the North is no longer comfortable with the current leadership.”

Also, a top politician who wished to remain anonymous said Abdullahi had another meeting with some elders of the pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere.

He said, “Ango Abdullahi has met with Obasanjo and Afenifere as part of the efforts to save this country. They discussed 2019 elections and the recent killings which have mostly affected Nigerians living in the North.

“I think there is a general agreement that things are not going fine and something needs to be done because both North and South are feeling the effects of the bad governance.”

When contacted, Abdullahi said he attended both meetings alone. In a telephone interview with one of our correspondents in Abuja on Sunday, he said the meetings were parts of consultations ahead of the 2019 general elections.

Although he declined to go into details of the separate meetings, he said issues such as Nigeria’s security and events leading up to the 2019 general elections formed part of discussions.

In response to a question on the essence of the meeting he held with the former President, Abdullahi said, “I just wanted to see him (Obasanjo). Before then, I also met with elders of Afenifere; it is already in the papers.”

Asked what the essence of the meeting was, he simply said, “Consultations.”

He was asked if he was running for the Presidency, he responded, “I am not. I did in the past when I was much younger. I am an old man now. I don’t think I can stand the rigours of the office of the President. I have passed that age now. We are just making consultations around the country.”

When he was asked if the consultations had anything to do with the 2019 elections, he said, “Yes, it does. A lot of things were discussed including 2019; we talked about all sorts of things that have to do with the security of Nigeria and all that. Thank you.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/ango-abdullahi-meets-obasanjo-over-2019-polls-killings/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by obyback: 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2018
Northern elders forum, Arewa consultative Forum have all gone under in the last 4 years, waiting to be activated when a southern president is elected.

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by fredd2: 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by madridguy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2018
grin grin
Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by Kelklein(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
E DON START!

DISREGARD OBJ AT YOUR OWN PERIL

I'M SURE JONATHAN WON'T DARE THAT IN HIS NEXT LIFE

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by MadeInTokyo: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
Buhari is now on his own

Buhari is a political orphan

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by SoftP(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by nairaman66(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
There is fire on the mountain!!

6 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by Emycord: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
I SAID IT. AT EveryTime It Will Still End Up With Northern Candidates. nef Has Never Endorse Any Southern Candidate oVa To You ohanaeze. AFTER All Consultation buhari Will Still Rig Himself In, Even If Nigeria Can Stop Him Rig, Buhari That We All Know Will Never Hand Over Power. But I Dare Him To Try It

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by Spanner4(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
Meeting upon meeting

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by AngryRebel: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
APC stupid pigs keeps screaming OBJ is now irrelevant, but he was relevant in 2015. Am so sorry for those fools.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by Kingkamba(m): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by goldenceo1: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
Any alignment to send PMB back to Daura in 2019 is a welcome development.

Meanwhile, Obasanjo has never failed to bring down or deliver a presidential candidate. The odds are in favour of OBJ to win and PMB to lose.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by hybeenoni: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
The North Central should never allow themselves to be used form padding northern votes this time around

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by Factfinder1(m): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2018
Back to daura will trend on twitter during the 2019/elections and that's gonna influence people to vote out the dullard

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by mynaijadj(m): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2018
I have my PVC. Do you?

14 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by IVORY2009(m): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2018
Senselin:
Bubu is also a former General, so how does going to Ota Farm help I guess it is all for the election.

Don't for get, General get level bros

7 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by nextstep(m): 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
Hrm... neither these Northern leaders nor Obasanjo are currently in command of Nigeria's security forces... The person who was voted in to handle these matters has been MIA for a while...

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by jchioma: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
“I think there is a general agreement that things are not going fine and something needs to be done because both North and South are feeling the effects of the bad governance.

Nigeria has never had it this bad.

"19,890 documented deaths have been recorded in Nigeria since June 2015."
- US Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by frankwyte: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
I want to see the leaders agree on a common front which is restructuring with a common constitution that seek the greater good of the ordinary Nigerians. This should be done with a time frame while the next young president usher in the new constitution and fresh vibes to governance anything below this playing to the gallery

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by tishbite41(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by Abfinest007(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
anything to kick that dullard out of office is welcome idea as far it does not involved blood

8 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by deafeyez: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2018
Anything for them to do to push Bhar commot for seat is welcomed. grin
In 2019, power must change hands at the Federal level.

5 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
nairaman66:
There is fire on the mountain!!
and no one seems to be on d run

1 Like

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by MufasaRebirth: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
Flexherbal:
“I think there is a general agreement that things are not going fine and something needs to be done because both North and South are feeling the effects of the bad governance.”

Tinubu thinks otherwise

4 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings by Tarzan360(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2018
Coming soon: french president emmanuel macron to visit fela african shrine in ikeja and to pay respect to the late legend, will the dullard boldly appear in african shrine?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Distances Self From Plot To Draft Jonathan Into Presidential Race / Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi / I Was Framed By The Military - General Shuwa Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.