Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,398 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! (1255 Views)

MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! / Did MTN Just Reduce Their Night Plan Data? / MTN Just Gave 11.7 Gigabyte. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by NLbully(m): 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2018
So it was new Month's Eve two days ago

Still having 1012mb(MTN Pulse 500#) so over that I decided to do MTN night plan over the existing mb just to download a small file ( 235mb to be precise)

After downloading the file and browsing some small websites on my Laptop

It got to 2:13AM on July 1st, when I got a data reset signal on my phone (Was browsing on my Laptop with my phone hotspot)

After getting the datareset error I decided to check my normal data lo and behold it's in 0 mb and the mb has been drained without doing anything with it, The night plan I also did I didn't get to finish it cos the total mb I think I used is 350mb out of the 500mb

Before subscribing to The night plan I checked my data usage it was 9.33GB Data usage used after the saga it suddenly jumped to 10.34GB Data Usage

And on my laptop the BIS and the Windows Update has been disabled which is the only thing that could have drained the Data and on my Phone I have DataEye which monitors all my apps data usage

Please is there anyway to contact MTN other than there 180 line or anyway I can report to NCC regarding this issue

Lalasticlala please help is needed
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by Diegostan(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2018
Have you checked if your laptop wasn't running any sought of background update... That is usually the case
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by NaijaTechnician(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2018
NLbully:
So it was new Month's Eve two days ago

Still having 1012mb(MTN Pulse 500#) so over that I decided to do MTN night plan over the existing mb just to download a small file ( 235mb to be precise)

After downloading the file and browsing some small websites on my Laptop

It got to 2:13AM on July 1st, when I got a data reset signal on my phone (Was browsing on my Laptop with my phone hotspot)

After getting the datareset error I decided to check my normal data lo and behold it's in 0 mb and the mb has been drained without doing anything with it, The night plan I also did I didn't get to finish it cos the total mb I think I used is 350mb out of the 500mb

Before subscribing to The night plan I checked my data usage it was 9.33GB Data usage used after the saga it suddenly jumped to 10.34GB Data Usage

And on my laptop the BIS and the Windows Update has been disabled which is the only thing that could have drained the Data and on my Phone I have DataEye which monitors all my apps data usage

Please is there anyway to contact MTN other than there 180 line or anyway I can report to NCC regarding this issue

grin grin op you still the subscribe? Never worry about data again I activate unlimited data on all networks..

See my thread on nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/4594708/never-worry-data-again-get

Check my signature below for contact
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by NLbully(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2018
Diegostan:
Have you checked if your laptop wasn't running any sought of background update... That is usually the case

Background Intelligent Service ( Which include Windows Store) and Windows Update has been stopped
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by paranorman(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2018
NLbully:

Background Intelligent Service ( Which include Windows Store) and Windows Update has been stopped
Are you sure you designated the phone's network as metered connection? If not, some background data usages wiped your data. Though, the scam thing is possible sha.
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by NLbully(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2018
paranorman:

Are you sure you designated the phone's network as metered connection? If not, some background data usages wiped your data. Though, the scam thing is possible sha.

There's no background usage at all on the laptop, and there's no Background apps running coz I just formatted the system
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by Ejiphill09(m): 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
It happened to my guy and we called NCC. This has been their new way of exploiting thier customers.
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by falcon01: 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
" I checked my data usage it was 9.33GB Data usage used after the saga it suddenly jumped to 10.34GB Data Usage" this statement is a proof that you actually exhausted all your data. The data usage is been calculated by your phone not the ISP
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by NLbully(m): 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2018
Ejiphill09:
It happened to my guy and we called NCC. This has been their new way of exploiting thier customers.

Can I get their mail??
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by Ejiphill09(m): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
NLbully:

Can I get their mail??
Call them on 622
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by Ejiphill09(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2018
NLbully:

Can I get their mail??
ncc@ncc.gov.ng
Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by bizza45: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

grin grin op you still the subscribe? Never worry about data again I activate unlimited data on all networks..

last time I checked, someone called u a scammer, so until u clear your ass, no deal for u

1 Like

Re: MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! by Joeysage(m): 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

Guys don't fall for this..dude is a scammer. I'm a victim.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Feature Phone Firmware / Flash Files / List Of The Cheapest Android Phones In Nigeria (with High Processor) / Unbeatable Realme 3 Tips And Tricks - Unlock Applications Using Fingerprint Scan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.