Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match (44932 Views)

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions / What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Gisthoodng(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
Nigeria's Super Eagles Captain, Mikel Obi has opened up on the trauma he went through having received a call from home before the Argentina Match that his dad has been Kidnapped for the second time.

In a statement released by his publicists, Mikel remarked:

“Following various speculators about recent occurrence with my father. I can confirm I had to suppress emotional trauma to lead Nigeria out against Argentina last Tuesday 26th June in Saint Petersburg.

“Four hours before kick-off, I received a call from Nigeria that my father Pa Michael Obi had been kidnapped for the second time.

“He was on his way to a funeral in South eastern Nigeria from Jos when he was abducted along the Makurdi-Enugu expressway.

“I was emotionally distraught but had to make a decision about whether I was mentally ready to play the game.

“I was confused. I did not know what to do, but in the end I knew that I could not let 180 million Nigerians down, I had to shut it out of my head and go and represent my country first.

“I could not even inform the coaches or NFF staff, and only a very tight circle of members my friends knew.

“I was told that they would shoot my dad instantly if I reported to the authorities or told anybody.

“And I did not want to discuss it with the coach because I did not want my issue to become a distraction to the coach or the rest of the team on the day of such an important game.

“So as much as I wanted to discuss it with the coach, I could not do it. Thankfully he is now safely released less than seven hours ago. I thank the police authorities for their rescue efforts and support from friends and family members”.

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/07/how-my-father-was-kidnapped-before.html

24 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by DigitalGenius: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2018
wow

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2018

Eyah no wonder!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by MrAnele(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
Tgat was y we lost ba

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by obajoey(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
chai Biafra nwanne

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by DivinedeGuru: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
Naija
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by kapelvej: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Saphiex(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
Nigerians can be evil, I mean evil. Thank God he made it

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by BigBelleControl(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
This Mikel's father has become a regular customer of kidnappers. This must be an insider's job.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by innocential3032(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
It is well obi

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by einsteinclub: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
Sad in deed

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Abjay97(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
High insecurity in this country.. Thank God his father is safe.. Mikel should take his old dad abroad.. so he can live a nice and comfortable life far from dirty dirty country

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by MrAnele(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
Things weren't as rough as this

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by jingiss: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
U
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by chukelvin(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2018
That's the naija spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by megafaraday(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mehn....it is well
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by VULCAN(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2018
How well did he play before his dad was kidnapped?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Sijo01(f): 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
Those miscreants should let your father enjoy his old age in peace.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
This Mikel father Don suffer for kidnappers hand o

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by bedspread: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mikel is a True Patriot!!

Mikel I Salute ur Patriotism and Maturity!!

72 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by steveyoungwealth: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
Ok, ok, ok, ok,
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by jingiss: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
Maybe you are waiting for them to kidnap him for the third time before you'll receive sense and kuku relocate him out of this useless country.

36 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Boss13: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
This is the second time Mikel. You have to do something to avoid a third time

8 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Dottore: 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
Eeya
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by krozay(m): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
Kuku carry ur papa and ur family make dem cum live with u 4 china abeg or else.....hmmn

5 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
Sijo01:
Those miscreants should let your father enjoy his old age in peace.
That's true

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Folashade2016(f): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
A true captain and leader.
He understand that the hopes of 180million is hanging and he made a decision and a very right one at that.
Buhari should follow suit with the recent happening in middle belt.

check my SIGNATURE

6 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by beethoven: 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
This is where I d say the coach was stupid. He should have played someone else instead of Mikel. Of all the players on the pitch that day, Mikel was the least motivated to continue playing in the world cup in Russia. Even if we had advanced, he would have flown back to Naija to sort out things.

While I dont blame him, he played most of his passes backwards. He could not motivate the team to hangon till the end. And to the people that kidnapped his dad, all doors to their success in life will be shut! unless they repent.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Coldsteel(m): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
Too bad..What you get when you rep a shithole

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dream Big: Lingard Shares Ronaldo's Then Vs Now Photos / Mikel Obi Baby Mama, Olga Replies A Nigerian Who Advised Her On What To Feed Him / Argentina Vs Mexico FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (2 - 0) On 26th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.