Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School (37315 Views)

Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore / DSS Arrests Adams Oshiomhole Over APC Primaries / Fayose Recruits 2000 Ekiti Teachers, Civil Servants As Fayemi Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by EmagNig(m): 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2018
Operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, have reportedly stormed a popular secondary school in Ekiti, Ola Oluwa Muslim Grammar School, and arrested some members of staff.

Those arrested are the Secretary to the Principal, one Mrs. Olagbemi, and an Office Assistant, one Mrs. Ogunrinde, PunchNG reports.

They were arrested for allegedly collecting Permanent Voter Cards from teachers.

The Principal of Olaoluwa Muslim Grammar School, Ado-Ekiti, Mr. Sunmonu Olaoye, confirmed the arrest to journalists.

He said the DSS officers came in some Hilux vehicles and right from the gate of the school, they started harassing people as if they were on a war mission.

“The DSS operatives were in black uniforms and also wore black masks and headed for my office. I wasn’t in the office but I was on the premises to monitor the ongoing third term examinations. Some of my staff members were in my office making photocopies of their documents including their PVCs.

“I allowed them to make use of the school’s facilities because I don’t want anything to disrupt the ongoing examinations. The DSS people just swooped on the teachers, seized their documents including their PVCs and took away two members of staff. They also locked up my office and denied us access to examination materials we were to give to our students.

“I don’t know when making photocopies of documents including PVCs became an offence. One of the operatives even called my number saying I must report in their office within an hour or I would be treated as a common criminal.

“We have 123 teachers in the school and the people are resolved on who they will vote for during the poll regardless of intimidation and harassment.”

Olaoye calls for the release of those arrested because they did not commit any offence and that their documents including their PVCs should be returned to them.

“We are in a democracy and people reserve the right to vote the candidate of their choice. Harassing or intimidating people is not a democratic practice,” he added.

https://lailasnews.com/dss-storms-ekiti-school-arrests-teachers-over-pvc-collection/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by iykomo666(m): 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2018
grin buhari and his men at work again

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by seunmsg(m): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
Some of my staff members were in my office making photocopies of their documents including their PVCs.

I don't understand why teachers who are supposed to be supervising ongoing examinations are busy photocopying PVCs. The DSS should do everything possible to prevent rigging and vote buying in Ekiti.

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by weyreypey: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
seunmsg:

I don't understand why teachers who are supposed to be supervising ongoing examinations are busy photocopying PVCs. The DSS should do everything possible to prevent rigging and vote buying in Ekiti.
Don't be scared. Just goan talk this nonsense at imesi your home town

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by weyreypey: 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2018
APC is so losing the ekitistate election. DSS is not enough let em bring Boko Haram
Mod you can hide this one again... The picture here pricks you abi? That is the truth...that is the picture circulating on Ekiti streets... Nairaland cannot stifle the truth

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by ORIENTATION101: 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2018
weyreypey:
APC is so losing the ekitistate election. DSS is not enough let em bring Boko Haram
photocoyping pvc for cloning is enough to shut down the school

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by weyreypey: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
photocoyping pvc for cloning is enough to shut down the school

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by Almaiga: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2018
Fayose and his Boys.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by kutchs: 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2018
EmagNig:

“We have 123 teachers in the school and the people are resolved on who they will vote for during the poll regardless of intimidation and harassment.”

lalasticlala
Fayemi and Buhari
Your intimidation and harassment of Ekiti people won't work, the people have resolved who to vote for.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by weyreypey: 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
kutchs:

Fayemi and Buhari
Your intimidation and harassment of Ekiti people won't work, the people have resolved who to vote for.
Exactly

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by GavelSlam: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2018
They were making photocopies of PVCs whilst exams were going on.

The school has 123 teachers?

34 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by Peter4naz(m): 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hahaha
The leatest hit
Korede Bello –“2geda”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZfsqXz_0To.
Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by DaddyBoyoyo: 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2018
Criminals

7 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by apesinola001: 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2018
Maka why
Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by Kendumazy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hmm
Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by paulchineduN(m): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
It's unfortunate that the descent into fascism we are talking about is on every aspect of our national life. Whoever that helped to foist this barbaric govt on us either by commission or omission, must pay for it. If not today, then tomorrow. But, as for paying for it, he or she must pay for it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by udemzyudex(m): 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
It's one thing to read and it's another thing to understand what you read.

Funny comments

10 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by flexyrule(m): 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2018
The principal's explanation is not tenable.
DSS cannot just wake up and storm your school without valuable intel which must have been sent in my a mockingbird.
There is no smoke without fire.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
Naija my country
Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by IDUNMOTA(m): 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2018
Ekiti ppl don enter one chance
Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by Brightolanton(m): 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2018
seunmsg:

Thank you for being objective. Why are they phococpying PVC? I mean for what reason? Must they photocopy the PVCs at the same time? Why at the principal 's office? The principal is indeed a stupid fellow for giving such a lame excuse.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by bigpicture001: 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2018
seunmsg:

...would they do same if APC bought PVC..?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
Please one simple question Abeg....

Why were they making photocopies of their pvc? undecided

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by IamPatriotic(m): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
PVCs na credential

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by ifymadu: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
This is where the useless DSS will be forming action. They better go and use this energy on boko haram and killer herdsmen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by princeade86(m): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2018
dis is Nigeria........
Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by Ciscogod(m): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2018
*This is Nigeria*

1) You were invigilating third term exam ,

2)Teachers were busy making photocopies of PVCs with school facility,

3) Ola-oluwa gat 123 teachers? is it not that school after ile-abiye hospital ?

4) DSS respond promptly to arrest teachers

There was a country

13 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
weyreypey:

You forgotten that all the security chiefs are terrorists leaders been rehabilitated to security apparatus in Nigeria?

Since these terrorists political leaders are busy stealing taxpayers money; while demanding so called Nigerians to be praying for good development to come from the sky. I'm praying for Nigeria to die and disappear completely and forgotten.

Nigeria is an Islamic Fulani terrorists country.

We Biafrans; we are pulling out of Nigeria the zoo by referendum.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Ekiti Teachers Over PVC Collection In School by Abbeyme: 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2018
Somethings are amiss

This news sound incomplete

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Reacts To President Buhari’s Victory At The Election Tribunal / Fela Durotoye Gets Range Rover From Mentees For 50th Birthday (Pix, Video) / Tambuwal Resigns; Makinde Takes Over As PDP Governors’ Forum Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.