Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,401 members, 7,781,157 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:02 AM

The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo (1926 Views)

100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For / This Is Not Nigeria! Check Out Pictures Of America That CNN & BBC Won't Show You / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 04, 2018
'I come from a third world country and it is not as bad as this': San Francisco’s spiraling homelessness and opioid crisis drives away business as $40million convention cancels saying members are too scared to walk the streets alone.

A big convention said it was canceling its meeting in San Francisco because the rampant drug use and homelessness is making board members feel unsafe
The Chicago-based convention said it had three main concerns: open drug use, threatening behavior and mental illness on display
Last year, a board members was allegedly assaulted near the Moscone Center, where conventions are usually held
Tourism is a big business in San Francisco, bringing in around $9billion a year and employing 80,000 people
City officials and hotels are urging Mayor-elect London Breed to increase police foot presence and mental health services so tourists feel safer
Roughly 7,500 people in the city are homeless and an estimated 22,000 are intravenous drug usersSan Francisco’s spiraling homelessness and opioid crisis is starting to drive away business and tourists as a huge $40million medical convention cancels after its attendees complained they were too scared to walk the streets alone.

DailyMail.com's shocking photos of San Francisco, on Tuesday, capture a city in turmoil; with homeless people passed out on the sidewalks, shooting up in the streets and begging for survival.

The issue has become so dire that Chicago-based organizers of a five-day, semi-annual medical convention, which attracts around 15,000 people and pumps $40 million into the local economy, have announced they are moving the event to Los Angeles.

They are blaming the appalling state of San Francisco's streets where open drug use and threatening behavior are now common.

Post-convention surveys also found the city's rocketing levels of homelessness and people suffering from serious mental illness on the streets, meant that some members were afraid to leave their hotel. One board member was assaulted near Moscone Center last year.

And there are fears that this cancellation could be the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5914425/Big-convention-cancels-meeting-San-Francisco-citys-problems-homelessness-drug.html

Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 04, 2018
ilofy:
'I come from a third world country and it is not as bad as this': San Francisco’s spiraling homelessness and opioid crisis drives away business as $40million convention cancels saying members are too scared to walk the streets alone.

A big convention said it was canceling its meeting in San Francisco because the rampant drug use and homelessness is making board members feel unsafe
The Chicago-based convention said it had three main concerns: open drug use, threatening behavior and mental illness on display
Last year, a board members was allegedly assaulted near the Moscone Center, where conventions are usually held
Tourism is a big business in San Francisco, bringing in around $9billion a year and employing 80,000 people
City officials and hotels are urging Mayor-elect London Breed to increase police foot presence and mental health services so tourists feel safer
Roughly 7,500 people in the city are homeless and an estimated 22,000 are intravenous drug usersSan Francisco’s spiraling homelessness and opioid crisis is starting to drive away business and tourists as a huge $40million medical convention cancels after its attendees complained they were too scared to walk the streets alone.

DailyMail.com's shocking photos of San Francisco, on Tuesday, capture a city in turmoil; with homeless people passed out on the sidewalks, shooting up in the streets and begging for survival.

The issue has become so dire that Chicago-based organizers of a five-day, semi-annual medical convention, which attracts around 15,000 people and pumps $40 million into the local economy, have announced they are moving the event to Los Angeles.

They are blaming the appalling state of San Francisco's streets where open drug use and threatening behavior are now common.

Post-convention surveys also found the city's rocketing levels of homelessness and people suffering from serious mental illness on the streets, meant that some members were afraid to leave their hotel. One board member was assaulted near Moscone Center last year.

And there are fears that this cancellation could be the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5914425/Big-convention-cancels-meeting-San-Francisco-citys-problems-homelessness-drug.html

Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:17am On Jul 04, 2018
Interesting.
We will be there someday to see the good side of Yankee and see how a society truly works.

We heard that Beggars, widescreen washers, rodents are in Yankee also, even in the Big cities.

We will like to witness that also.
For now, let's keep thanking God for life!
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:39am On Jul 04, 2018
post=69062490:
Interesting.
We will be there someday to see the good side of Yankee and see how a society truly works.

We heard that Beggars, widescreen washers, rodents are in Yankee also, even in the Big cities.

We will like to witness that also.
For now, let's keep thanking God for life!
shocked
You have some good points, but the way you are on every thread are you Nwamaikpe reloaded. grin
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:52am On Jul 04, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

shocked
You have some good points, but the way you are on every thread are you Nwamaikpe reloaded. grin
Is that the name of the owner of this forum?
Or is he/she a Local government chairman somewhere?
Why do you expect we must know this person?
That doesn't ring a bell to us at all......
And I wonder how you see us on every thread if you are not on every thread also!.....and thanks for the points part!
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by okwabayi(m): 3:55am On Jul 04, 2018
No matter how hardworking you are in the United States you are always one step shy from homelessness. The title is wrong, CNN shows us these images once in a while.

1 Like

Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:57am On Jul 04, 2018
okwabayi:
No matter how hardworking you are in the United States you are always one step shy from homelessness. The title is wrong, CNN shows us these images once in a while.
Oh really?
We are not doing again then.
We prefer to be fighting with landlord in Mushin (as one member said he/she saw us there last week on the tanker thread) for house rent.
THANKS for this valuable info.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 04, 2018
[quote author=ilofy post=69062471][/quote]

Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by OfficialAPCNig: 5:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
Even in the face of this hopelessness, do you notice they still have better roads than us.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
Even in the face of this hopelessness, do you notice they still have better roads than us.
Not only better roads. They have everything that measures quality of life better than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
okwabayi:
My friend, you are absolutely wrong.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by okwabayi(m): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
My friend, you are absolutely wrong.
So tell me where I went wrong instead of alleging it.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
okwabayi:

So tell me where I went wrong instead of alleging it.
I grew up in Chicago and what you said was flat wrong. If you work hard you will be very successful in life. It applies in America and most countries of the world. I am in my 40s now and I can retire and live a very opulent life with my wife and children without worrying about being homeless. That goes to millions of people that works hard too. The homeless people you see are mostly drug addicts and mentally sick people that have war depression syndromes. Don't think most Americans are on their way to homelessness.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by mysticwarrior(m): 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
I grew up in Chicago and what you said was flat wrong. If you work hard you will be very successful in life. It applies in America and most countries of the world. I am in my 40s now and I can retire and live a very opulent life with my wife and children without worrying about being homeless. That goes to millions of people that works hard too. The homeless people you see are mostly drug addicts and mentally sick people that have war depression syndromes. Don't think most Americans are on their way to homelessness.
judging from your post there are strong indications that you are not comfortable about the negative things that are being said and posted about your country, I can understand how you feel but note that the western media has never posted anything good about we Africans, whenver they want to show anything about Africa its always about wars, poverty, diseases and crimes, they dont show how advence our entertainment industries and movie industries has become, and how our youths are making us proud in the music industry.

1 Like

Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
mysticwarrior:
judging from your post there are strong indications that you are not comfortable about the negative things that are being said and posted about your country, I can understand how you feel but note that the western media has never posted anything good about we Africans, whenver they want to show anything about Africa its always about wars, poverty, diseases and crimes, they dont show how advence our entertainment industries and movie industries have become, and how our youths and making us proud in the music industry.
No , you are wrong. I don't like the Western media posting junk about Nigeria or other African countries too. I have Nigerian blood running through my veins. My favorite two countries in the world are US and Nigeria. I have my parents spending their annual holiday in Chicago as I type and they love Nigeria and hope the best for Nigeria as I do too. I let the guy know that not all Americans are a paycheck away from being homeless. That's my point to the guy not to belittle Nigeria. I just hope and wish the leadership in Nigeria will get their acts right.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by panafrican(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
More than 80 % of our African leaders are traitors and thieves.They will sell their countries for a dime. Not only that they have no personal pride and dignity that is why they travel the world and never saw or never understood why countries like
Canada, Germany, Japan, Austria, etc are clean while
ours are hell dirty.
At least in the U.S. there is Welfare.How many African
countries have a welfare program?
Never heard a U.S. president stole billions of dollars from pubic funds.
We have no roads compared to the U.S. , the unemployment rate is more than 50 % in most of our
countries. Big shame.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
panafrican:
More than 80 % of our African leaders are traitors and thieves.They will sell their countries for a dime. Not only that they have no personal pride and dignity that is why they travel the world and never saw or never understood why countries like
Canada, Germany, Japan, Austria, etc are clean while
ours are hell dirty.
At least in the U.S. there is Welfare.How many African
countries have a welfare program?
Never heard a U.S. president stole billions of dollars from pubic funds.
We have no roads compared to the U.S. , the unemployment rate is more than 50 % in most of our
countries. Big shame.
On that, I absolutely agree with you. My main problem with you is how can you as a drum major for African prosperity can support a vile racist who calls Africa a shiiithole and who also think of black people as subhuman?.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by panafrican(m): 10:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
On that, I absolutely agree with you. My main problem with you is how can you as a drum major for African prosperity can support a vile racist who calls Africa a shiiithole and who also think of black people as subhuman?.
Ask Obama why he bombed Libya a country that was a locomotive to Aftica. Ask him why he supported the Muslim thug whose henchmen raped, beheaded, slashed the stomaches of pregnant women in Cote d' Ivoire in 2010- 2014.
He knew they started in 2002 before he came to power

Ask him why his administration , Hillary included refused to sell weapons to Nigeria in the fight against Boko Haram.
Ask him why he came to our faces and told us we must accept gay culture. You cannot comprehend how arrogant and insulting that was , because you are an African - American.We are Africans . You learn about your African heritage from us , we are the guardians of our heritage, and we don' t learn about ourselves from you . Let that sink in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
panafrican:

Ask Obama why he bombed Libya a country that was a locomotive to Aftica. Ask him why he supported the Muslim thug whose henchmen raped, beheaded, slashed the stomaches of pregnant women in Cote d' Ivoire in 2010- 2014.
He knew they started in 2002 before he came to power

Ask him why his administration , Hillary included refused to sell weapons to Nigeria in the fight against Boko Haram.
Ask him why he came to our faces and told us we must accept gay culture. You cannot comprehend how arrogant and insulting that was , because you are an African - American.We are Africans . You learn about your African heritage from us , we are the guardians of our heritage, and we don' t learn about ourselves from you . Let that sink in.
No, you are wrong. I have red Nigerian blood running through my veins and i am never far from Nigeria. In fact, I will be in Lagos for about 8 days in August on my way back from South Africa. All your points are worthless because Obama's an American president and why should he sell weapons of mass destruction to kill off Africans. Africans needs economic development not weapons . About gays, he never put a gun on anyone's head to follow America's lead on that. He's a married man with two beautiful daughters. Back to the racist pig named Trump that you love, he hates people that looks like you and hence my hatred towards him. Over 90% Americans of African descent believe he's a a racist. Come over to US and see how racists are showing Trump so much love.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38am On Jul 05, 2018
mysticwarrior:

judging from your post there are strong indications that you are not comfortable about the negative things that are being said and posted about your country, I can understand how you feel but note that the western media has never posted anything good about we Africans, whenver they want to show anything about Africa its always about wars, poverty, diseases and crimes, they dont show how advence our entertainment industries and movie industries has become, and how our youths are making us proud in the music industry.

And most of the things they (mainstream media) show is fake as the picture below depicts.

Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by panafrican(m): 1:59am On Jul 05, 2018
Abbeybailey:
No, you are wrong. I have red Nigerian blood running through my veins and i am never far from Nigeria. In fact, I will be in Lagos for about 8 days in August on my way back from South Africa. All your points are worthless because Obama's an American president and why should he sell weapons of mass destruction to kill off Africans. Africans needs economic development not weapons . About gays, he never put a gun on anyone's head to follow America's lead on that. He's a married man with two beautiful daughters. Back to the racist pig named Trump that you love, he hates people that looks like you and hence my hatred towards him. Over 90% Americans of African descent believe he's a a racist. Come over to US and see how racists are showing Trump so much love.
When you speak we full Africans feel how weak your reasoning is. You are a Nigerian born in Illinois or Alabama from an ancestor who left Africa some four centuries ago. You have too much of a mixture of arab blood, Irish blood , native American blood , Mexican blood and maybe Chinese blood.
Sort of those light skinned confused folks who claim two races. Too weak to feel what we feel.
Talking about American president, does this give him the right to tell people to become gay?
Go to an African village and talk about that type of nonsense, you will see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 2:08am On Jul 05, 2018
panafrican:

When you speak we full Africans feel how weak your reasoning is. You are a Nigerian born in Illinois or Alabama from an ancestor who left Africa some four centuries ago. You have too much of a mixture of white blood, Irish blood , native American blood and Mexican blood. Too weak to feel what we feel.
Talking about American president, does this give him the right to tell people to become gay?
Go to an African village and talk about that type of nonsense, you will see.
My friend you are wrong as usual. I grew up with my siblings in Chicago with both Nigerian parents. My father and mother retired to Nigeria about 14 years ago contesting for Oba of Lagos. In fact, he was one of the three finalists for the post Oba Akinolu got now. I have been very constant to Nigeria since I was a boy because my father let me and my siblings know our OLOGUNKUTERE Royal Heritage. I even have a beautiful Duplex in a good part of Lagos ( Ikeja ). So all your assumptions about me is 100% wrong. I am very fluent in Yoruba language. OMO YORUBA GIDI GAN NI MI. Eat your earth out. Tell me something new because you are no more African than i am.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10am On Jul 05, 2018
Abbeybailey:

Can you then explain to us why Obama thought it necessary to sell his sexuality to Africans?
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 2:14am On Jul 05, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Can you then explain to us why Obama thought it necessary to sell his sexuality to Africans?
Go take you psychiatric medications please. Enjoying barbecue with my folks here.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by panafrican(m): 2:23am On Jul 05, 2018
Abbeybailey:
My friend you are wrong as usual. I grew up with my siblings in Chicago with both Nigerian parents. My father and mother retired to Nigeria about 14 years ago contesting for Oba of Lagos. In fact, he was one of the three finalists for the post Oba Akinolu got now. I have been very constant to Nigeria since I was a boy because my father let me and my siblings know our OLOGUNKUTERE Royal Heritage. I even have a beautiful Duplex in a good part of Lagos ( Ikeja ). So all your assumptions about me is 100% wrong. I am very fluent in Yoruba language. OMO YORUBA GIDI GAN NI MI. Eat your earth out. Tell me something new because you are no more African than i am.
Chicago Yoruba not offended someone is asking Africans to be gay. It tells alot.
You want to destroy our families and have our children confused.
Why didn' t your parents retire to L.A. the hub for homosexuals ?
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 2:36am On Jul 05, 2018
panafrican:

Chicago Yoruba not offended someone is asking Africans to be gay. It tells alot.
Obviously, your brain is not functioning properly. I am a married father of four and i don't have any use for homos. That's their stuff as long as they don't violate my privacy. Why should my father who is a prince of note retired to LA. He came with my mother for higher education and went back home to do great things in life. Plse, don't bring my parents into your unnecessary umbrage. I can be very bitter if you want to go low. So let be civil to each other.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by scully95: 2:58am On Jul 05, 2018
panafrican:

The guy must be gay, don't mind him, I have been watching him closely. Akata Gay ! He has been super brainwashed, backing anything the neocons/zionists/globalist do with impunity and still often put the blame on Nigerians/Africans.

The foolish system in Nigeria was enforced by the same anglozionist crazis. The dead capitalist system that thrives on pure corruption, as if that's not even enough Obomba crooks and their fellow puppets states wanted to add gay to the structurally dead ideaology imposed again on Nigerians but it did not work. Even though Gay is already in the Nigerian system but hiding their guts.

I like Russia style of handling gays. A complete ban on gay propaganda, what is known as Gay propagada is like having shows on TV to promote the dead ideology, or even setting up club, naming it Gay club. A huge difference between the Anglozoo crooks and Russia shows again that RUssia is far ahead in everything. What is culturally norm, make sense and yes Ok. Compare to Nederlands ( The home of Gays), Spain and the rest. The difference is huge! Nonesense..
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01am On Jul 05, 2018
Abbeybailey:

Go take you psychiatric medications please. Enjoying barbecue with my folks here.

Are your folks crooked as you? shocked

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/5gavex/this-man-has-proof-that-obama-is-gay
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by panafrican(m): 3:04am On Jul 05, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Obviously, your brain is not functioning properly. I am a married father of four and i don't have any use for homos. That's their stuff as long as they don't violate my privacy. Why should my father who is a prince of note retired to LA. He came with my mother for higher education and went back home to do great things in life. Plse, don't bring my parents into your unnecessary umbrage. I can be very bitter if you want to go low. So let be civil to each other.
Cry babby whining.
Your brain does not work well at all.
Can' t even make any connection between facts.

Any way when you say you don' t care about gays as long as they don't violate your privacy, do you remember it was about Obama coming to Africa and asking Africans to make room for gay people?
Africa is not Chicago , here your freedom and rights stop where our traditions begin. It is not about individualism it is about a natural community life.
You still don' t get it. A gay couple will never dare walk
freely in a Kwa village. Youruba are Kwa, a niger- congo subgroup that stretches from the boundaries of Southern and Western Africa way through Northern Senegal encompassing Benin, Togo, Ghana, Cote d' Ivoire, Guinea- Conakry, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia etc.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 3:05am On Jul 05, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Are your folks crooked as you? shocked

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/5gavex/this-man-has-proof-that-obama-is-gay
Fvck You and your entire family if you have one. Fvck Trump at it too.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by Abbeybailey(m): 3:09am On Jul 05, 2018
panafrican:

Cry babby whining.
Your brain does not work well at all.
Can' t even make any connection between facts.

Any way when you say you don' t care about gays as long as they don't violate your privacy, do you remember it was about Obama coming to Africa and asking Africans to make room for gay people?
Africa is not Chicago , here your freedom and rights stop where our traditions begin. It is not about individualism it is about a natural community life.
You still don' t get it. A gay couple will never dare walk
freely in a Kwa village. Youruba are Kwa, a niger- congo subgroup that stretches from the boundaries of Southern and Western Africa way through Northern Senegal encompassing Benin, Togo, Ghana, Cote d' Ivoire, Guinea- Conakry, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia etc.

The hell with you and your useless rants. Your brain is warped with poverty hence the junk you posted. I will put my life and family life against yours anytime and i am damn sure we are not in the same league. I probably do more for Blacks in chicago as a mentor to children than you will ever do in your life for obvious reasons. I do my part when i visit Nigeria too. Will be in Lagos in August and would love to meet you if you are anywhere close. I would even buy your flight ticket if you are anywhere in West Africa.
Re: The America That CNN And Others Dont Want You To See - Photo by panafrican(m): 3:17am On Jul 05, 2018
Abbeybailey:
The hell with you and your useless rants. Your brain is warped with poverty hence the junk you posted. I will put my life and family life against yours anytime and i am damn sure we are not in the same league. I probably do more for Blacks in chicago as a mentor to your children than you will ever do in your life for obvious reasons. I do my part when i visit Nigeria too. Will be in Lagos in August and would love to meet you if you are anywhere close. I would even buy your flight ticket if you are anywhere in West Africa.
Looks childish. Kind of 1980's boneheaded.
Use your money to fund the presidential campaigns of those who don' t promote gay life and don' t support Boko Haram.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Rot And Stink: Bodies Of Russian Soldiers Pile Up At Morgue In Belarus / More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years / Breaking - Putin Reveals He’s ‘drastically’ WITHDRAWING Troops From Kyiv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.