Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode (17173 Views)

Lagos Means Slave Coast - Seun Kuti / Twitter User Describes Macron's Visit To Nigeria & Got People Talking / Road Leading To New Afrika Shrine Gets Rehabilitated Ahead Of Macron's Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Yarnvibes(f): 8:05am On Jul 04, 2018
Governor of Lagos State, Akinwumi Ambode on Tuesday said that the visit of the President of France, Emmanuel Macron to Lagos will usher in a new dawn.

Ambode made the remark while speaking at the Afrika Shrine in Ikeja, on Tuesday night, at an event tagged “Celebrate African Culture”, which welcomed Macron to the state.

Ambode stated that the French Leader’s visit would signal the dawn of a new collaboration between France and Lagos State.

He said “President Macron’s visit is expected to signal the dawn of a new collaboration between France and Lagos State in the quest to make the state the culture and entertainment capital of Africa.

“The event is also about celebrating African culture which was a positive step for France as it sought to rebuild its relationship with Africa.”

The French leader at the event was given the opportunity to interact with Nigerian musicians, artists, fashion designers and filmmakers, even as he encouraged Nigerian youths to participate in politics.

http://kikiotolu.com/what-president-macrons-visit-means-to-lagos-ambode/

4 Likes

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by SadiqBabaSani: 8:39am On Jul 04, 2018
Tinubu sees D vibrancy of a Young Macron Yet Still Gunning fr an Ancestor Buhari to Lead Nigeria.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by SadiqBabaSani: 8:41am On Jul 04, 2018
Incase it makes FP.

Tell Buhari pigs on Nairaland that There is Blood on their Hands.

Tell Buhari That Nigeria Will never Become An Islamic State.

Tell lai Muhmd That Nemesis is Going to catch up with him Sooner than he thinks

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by sarrki(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2018
I have never seen any world leaders visiting Nigeria crossing over to the Niger bridge for a visit

Yet they claimed they are known worldwide

Yeye dey smell

Eko onibaje

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by tollyboy5(m): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2018
sarrki:
I have never seen any world leaders visiting Nigeria crossing over to the Niger bridge for a visit

Yeye dey smell

Eko onibaje
Lagos is not to be compared with see amount of loan proposed for Lagos Ogun compare to kano

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Sirpaul(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
Itesiwaju Eko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by jeronimo(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
I'm confused, did the president of France come to Nigeria to be hosted by a Sate without meeting the president of Nigeria? Well, he's still around let's see how his visit unfolds. Nice job by Ambode by the way ensuring the environs around the shrine looked good.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by opsyswagger(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
Ok dose it change the price of Garri.. 1 plastic in the market from... 150 To N450....

2 Likes

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Dee60: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
I heard Macron on TV. African countries should look inwards and stop expecting manna from Europe! That is his argument.

Our leaders like to use this type of visit to boost their selfish political gains. That's my feeling. France has its own deep internal problems so dont look to them for Manna!

Right now Macron is engaging Nigerian youths on TV and answering their questions in such a honest and intelligent manner.

I cant remember any Nigerian president or governor addressed youths like this in a while.

Instead we see information advisers create lies, like saying BH 'has been destroyed'.

We have not started!

President Macron is not father Christmas. Until our rulers stop looting and start leading, it may take us a while before we start!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by shadrach77: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Macron appears to be dancing Shaku Shaku in that picture angry grin angry

6 Likes

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by willibounce1(m): 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
Scammer governor that had to grade rhe road leading to shrine a day before the arrival of macron. So if Macron didnt come to lagos, the useless itesiwaju eko scammer would have left the road like that

1 Like

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
Macron was an intern at the French embassy in Lagos in 2004,that was the reason for the visit,thiegnibu should not start claiming Lagos is anything,excrpt the dirtiest City in the world

2 Likes

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
omo YORUBA nimi smiley

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by aribisala0(m): 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
jeronimo:
I'm confused, did the president of France come to Nigeria to be hosted by a Sate without meeting the president of Nigeria? Well, he's still around let's see how his visit unfolds. Nice job by Ambode by the way ensuring the environs around the shrine looked good.
If you have nothing sensible to say should you
A> Keep quiet
B> Close your mouth
C>Shut up
D> Press your lips together very firmly
E>All of the Above

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by DoubleO07: 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
If I was Gov Ambodes Adviser, I will advise Lagos to invest in that shrine so Lagos can start to make money from tourism.

If the President of france can come, then get ready for others to come also

Just saying angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by femmy2010(m): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
Tinubu sees D vibrancy of a Young Macron Yet Still Gunning fr an Ancestor Buhari to Lead Nigeria.

And who sees the Ancestral Trump ?
Let's sow less those seed of hate . Politics is a thing of numbers , if you have a preferred candidate for president let's vote for them but cease the hate mongering .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by femmy2010(m): 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
sarrki:

Yeye dey smell

Eko onibaje

What do we gain hating ourselves .
We have great places across the Niger bridge with great history .
Lagos or Aba or Oyo or Kano it is Nigeria to those visiting .
Let's cease those talks that renege on peace .

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Emilokoiyawon: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2018
cool
Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by 69MissedCalls(m): 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2018
Y'all shouldn't take these visits seriously. This is just how politicians flex. They visit each other.
Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by SAMBARRY: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
Macron was very diplomatic and wise in his words.basically the summary of everything he said was that There is no utopian life in europe,stay in your country and develp at your pace and with your own environment.I HAVE NO ADVISE FOR YOU because there is no particular recipe to sucess.

If you travel to europe through the back door ,youre only enrinching criminals at your own expense and lastly,poverty cannot be eradicated in africa because of our culture

Child marriage and so on

I listened to his verbal and non verbal utterances with my physical and inner eyes wide opened.very tactful man i nust say.he chooses his words with wisdom wink

Because the fear of bloggers and journalists sensationalizing his words is the beginning of wisdom wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
Ambode loves Nigerian entertainment, and obviously Fela. He encourages them a lot, while broke niggers on NL be shouting 'kpangolo music'.

3 Likes

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Nathan2016: 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
sarrki:

Yeye dey smell

Eko onibaje

Every idiot know that lagos is the most developed city in Nigeria, why you dont know makes you worst than an i diot

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by emmanuelex1(m): 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Do you really know what Lagos was to Nigeria? Do you really know what Lagos is to Nigeria?
sarrki:

Yeye dey smell

Eko onibaje

1 Like

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Belluchii: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
[/color]This has put lagos state on the map and will also encourage collaboration between the state and France. this will also lead to tourist attraction to the state.i appreciate the fact that the Nigerian musicians, artistes, fashion designers and film makers were given opportunity to interact with the french leader. This is really big for Nigeria Economy, especially in the tourism sector[color=#990000]
Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by koladebrainiac(m): 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
lol
if i were Ambode, I would turn that Fela Shrine to the world-class tourist destination. build lots of tourist site in Lagos and Epe. popularize the place by inviting big people to those areas. places like the National Theatre would be a big center .this will be having lots of revenue for the state.

they don't know how much they will be raking in
Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by codemaniacs: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
zz
Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
sarrki:

Yeye dey smell

Eko onibaje

were you not here when thabo mbeki visited imo state. even a stature was erected. or do you have short memory

1 Like

Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by jeronimo(m): 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
aribisala0:
If you have nothing sensible to say should you
A> Keep quiet
B> Close your mouth
C>Shut up
D> Press your lips together very firmly
E>All of the Above

If your sense of comprehension is low pick any of the following options
-hug a transformer
-die already
-find out the real cause of your frustration
-all of the above and more
Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by farem: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
jeronimo:

if you can't afford data to read data online, try and get #2k phone that has radio, your confusion would be addressed.
What you're yearning to know is right on this page of NL..
Reading, not posting or talking, can help you.
Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by ishowdotgmail(m): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
jeronimo:

Why publicly displaying your lowlife outside? And you are in Nigeria, u didn't read about France president meeting Buhari first.

Nawa oo
Re: What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode by jeronimo(m): 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

Why publicly displaying your lowlife outside? And you are in Nigeria, u didn't read about France president meeting Buhari first.

Nawa oo

Actually I didn't, that's why I'm confused Mr High life! Your dad must be a low life that's why you probably have a penchant for spotting one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“Nigerians Are Angry” – Abdulsalami Abubakar Worried About Security Crisis / Mugabe: Osinbajo Returns To Nigeria From Zimbabwe (photo) / IPOB: Northern Elders Rejects Special Treatment, Trial For Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.