Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:10 AM

President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" (31954 Views)

Peter Obi visits Femi Kuti At The Afrika Shrine (Photos) / Police Surround Afrika Shrine To Prevent EndSARS Meeting / Road Leading To New Afrika Shrine Gets Rehabilitated Ahead Of Macron's Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Danpersie31(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2018
President Emmanuel Macron of France has revealed why he is visiting the Afrika Shrine in Lagos.

Speaking during a joint press conference at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Tuesday, Macron said the Afrika Shrine is a symbol of African culture.

Recalling his days in Nigeria, Macron said he never imagined he would return to Nigeria as President of France. Fifteen years ago, the president of France worked as a diplomat in Abuja.

“First, because I wanted to find a good occasion to come back there. I know the place and I have some memories, I have to confess at a time that there was no president around, I hope I will not spoil the party.

“First, I think that is such an iconic place for a lot of African people and African culture. And I think very often when you speak of the African culture in Europe, those who are successful in Europe and in France, which is different most of the times are not dramatically very famous in Nigeria or in Africa. And there is a bias because you know people are absolutely not the same.

“I mean Fela, Femi, Seun Kuti are obviously very famous in France and Europe, I mean they are big successes but the Shrine is a cultural hub, an iconic hub and it is very important for me first on a personal level, and that is why I want to say with a lot of humility that I recognize the importance of this place, I recognize the place of culture in this current environment,” he said.

http://crusadersiii..com/2018/07/president-macron-reveals-why-he-visited.html

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by clive2u(m): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2018
If only he'll come n take me n my family to france. We're good spidermen n women

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Horus(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8ITuGSc8Q

Macron at Femi Kuti's New Afrika Shrine in Lagos
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Beface(m): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
Because Fela as said it all "Animal in human skin is leading us".

2 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by leofab(f): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
Opportunist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by seunny4lif(m): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hmmmmmmm
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by inoki247: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
u will soon confess abi na d weed for shrine b ur center of attraction.... well if buhari can leave all d way from Naija to go charge him phone for London. who are u not come all d way from France to come smoke Igbo for shrine....

37 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Gangster1ms: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
Igbo Amaka cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
We don't want to know. Why you visited where is inconsequential to our lives in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
Please give Macron one cultural title.

2 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
We need your type in leadership positions. Not by age only but other qualities of leadership you have. #Macron

1 Like

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by chiedu7: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
Can u tell Buhari to stop killing Christians

3 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by petrick10(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Igbo Amaka cool
very thoughtful of u
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by SheikhMuniru(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
FORGET NA BECAUSE OF JUJU YOU VISITED US

3 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by markidoo(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
;DAnd he said this in pidgin, my name na Emmanuel Macron na me be the president of France grin

1 Like

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by myners007: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2018
Its simply because you missed Naija weed. I remember when Shabba Ranks came all the way from Jamaica to perform in Lagos and he was given just a claro of Naija weed. The guy almost Kolo for stage............Na from there he career come finish

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Truthcat: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2018
That's Yoruba ingenuity to the world again

I've had total strangers asked me about Fela in the most unlikely places. And one Kareem Adepoju or so was mentioned on CNN years back as one of those who laid foundation of music in America.

Yoruba Ifa religion, our Orisas and culture are making waves all over the world. Imagine we are not wedged among the rest of these backward people who are a nobody and have nothing to offer the world. Yoruba made a mistake in the 50's by allowing themselves to be forced to be part of Nigeria, we made the second mistake in 1966 by hoping the rest of Nigeria will soon leave us alone. We must not drop this ball the third time, this is the time to get our country, we need to take advantage of Trump or Russia & Iran. Even George Soros world love to own some infrastructure in Nigeria. Let's get all world shakers involved and see who has what it takes. It's not as if those powers are looking for others interest, but we need them to help us at this point, Trump wouldn't want to lose Yoruba nation to Russia or George Soros or bilderbeg. We just have to put our best brains at the negotiating table on a leash to play the ball of our life.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
Maybe Mr macron is looking for Avengers in Africa, he should come to me, and give me citizenship I can climb walls and trees Well. smiley
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by nickxtra(m): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
Igbo overdose

3 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Gangster1ms: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
That guy was like we are natural cheesy
So white are artificial? grin
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Boss13: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
All those guys there no dey go shrine oh because Macron show face, all of them rush. Nigerian elites be like snake. I hope they don’t abandon the place

2 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
cheesy the arizona and skuchies when this man take the last time still dey sweet am grin

FELA! Lives On!!

3 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Tonistack: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
Fela is a living legend. His memories can never be erased in Africa. #afrobeat #fela

5 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by naijacentric(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
Fela lives on!

2 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
underrated comment cheesy
Gangster1ms:
Igbo Amaka cool
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by anibi9674: 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
ok.
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by toye440: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
See my babe ASA.

2 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by johnie: 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
leofab:
Opportunist
Very few will understand your post.
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Rexnegro(m): 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2018
really?
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by datola: 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
“I mean Fela, Femi, Seun Kuti are obviously very famous in France and Europe, I mean they are big successes but the Shrine is a cultural hub, an iconic hub and it is very important for me first on a personal level, and that is why I want to say with a lot of humility that I recognize the importance of this place, I recognize the place of culture in this current environment,” he said.

Wow. Correct President!

2 Likes

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by mynaijadj(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
Is that Tony Raju in glasses?

For the Best of new Naija music. Check my signature

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing / FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana / Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.