Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Colombia Players Receive Serious Death Threats After Losing To England. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Colombia Players Receive Serious Death Threats After Losing To England. (454 Views)

Okoye, Iwobi Receive Death Threats After Eagles AFCON Exit / Barcelona Players Receive Customized Iphone 11 Pro Max As Christmas Gifts / Lionel Messi And Luis Suarez Jet Off To England (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Colombia Players Receive Serious Death Threats After Losing To England. by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2018
'Don't come home': Colombian stars who missed penalties against England receive DEATH THREATS from furious fans. This comes 24 years after a player was murdered for scoring a World Cup own goal. We all remember Escobar who who was shot dead after his own goal was blamed for sending Colombia home at the 1994 World Cup.

Colombians urged calm last night after the two players who missed penalties against England suffered insults and threats from furious fans on social media.

Vile messages targeting Mateus Uribe and Carlos Bacca started to appear within minutes of Colombia being knocked out of the World Cup following the dramatic shoot-out.

One post by Twitter user David Castaneda warned: 'Die Carlos Bacca. Son of a bitch. No-one wants you, gonorrhoea. To this country you don't return.
Another, Jhon Duqueismo, wrote: 'Thank you to all the players, except to three-time son of a bitch, useless, dead, Carlos Bacca. Don't come back here.'

HumorFPCosky wrote: 'I hate you Carlos Bacca, I hate all of you, I hate your indifference, your animal surname, and your ass's game. You're worse than a cancer, at least with cancer you can go to a doctor and find out what you have.

'Carlos Bacca, get depressed and kill yourself, so you don't continue living this agony.'

Patricio wrote: 'Uribe, you are a piece of shit, I hope you die.

Meanwhile, Escobar's brother had warned about this that if they lost, the home based players lives would be in danger.

Another user, INFINITO wrote: 'That was Mateus Uribe's last game, that man is already dead.'

Well, this kinda explains why the players were physically fighting to ensure they win that match last night. We all hope why happened in 1994 doesn't repeat itself.
Re: Colombia Players Receive Serious Death Threats After Losing To England. by Chumani(f): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
I fear for these guys
hmnn.......ESCOBAR '94
The Columbian's government shouldn't allow that to happen, or better still they should be banned from participating in world cup. C'EST FINI!

(1) (Reply)

Russia 2018 Is The Best World Cup In Historyā€¯- FIFA President Gianni Infant Says / Reliable Journalist Confirms Man U Signing Of Chelsea Willian Will Happen Soon / Join In To Making Money This Betting Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.