Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,883 members, 7,798,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

You Need To Get In Touch With Your Emotion, Says Famed Author - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / You Need To Get In Touch With Your Emotion, Says Famed Author (273 Views)

The Devils Touch / Emotion Press, Ibadan : Call For Manuscripts For Publication In October-december / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Get In Touch With Your Emotion, Says Famed Author by Simmie96: 2:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
I’m reading Immediate Fiction by Jerry Cleaver and I have just finished the chapter on emotion. According to Jerry Cleaver, you have to be vulnerable to write characters with emotion. Could it then be that I am not vulnerable enough? Or that I cannot fake it enough?

According to Jerry Cleaver, you have to be vulnerable to write characters with emotion.
He also points out that when you deepen the connection to your writer, you deepen the connection to yourself. So, in some way for a writer, creating characters with emotion is a way of self-actualization.

Finding yourself, something we’re all obsessed with, which is actually important, could be done by paying attention to your character and making them substantial, by making your character real enough. Only then will you find your emotion and reach satisfaction.

http://thebooksfield.com.ng/2018/07/02/emotion-properly-convey-according-jerry-cleaver/

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Non Fiction Writer / Win 25,000N In An Online Writing Debate Competition / Proofreader Needed Urgently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.