Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody (42709 Views)

Nura Iliyasu In DSS Custody After Climbing Mast To Protest Against Buhari - Deji / Suswam, David Mark & Ortom Meet In Abuja (Photos) / "Suswam Engaged In Gun Battle With Fulani Herdsmen" - Chima Amadi Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Islie: 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
by Dyepkazah Shibayan

Enyinnaya Abaribe, senator representing Abia south, says he met Gabriel Suswam, former governor of Benue state, while in custody of the Department of State Services (DSS).

Abaribe said this on the floor of the senate on Wednesday while explaining his recent ordeal.

This is the first time the senator would be speaking publicly after he was arrested and released by the secret police.

On June 22, the lawmaker was arrested for allegedly sponsoring the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). He spent four days in detention.

“On Friday 22nd of June I was arrested at the gate of the Hilton hotel while the International Press Institute congress was going on. I was taken to the office of the DSS by 11:30 in the morning and subsequently by 5pm I was taken to my house for a search of my residence. When we got to my house, it was at the point I was formally informed of why I was arrested,” Abaribe said.

“The search warrant that was used stated clearly that I’m being accused of sponsoring a proscribed organisation, IPOB, and so that the search was to look for evidence of such.

“After the search, which took about five to six hours, I was taken to the office of DSS about 12 midnight and now kept there. The late musician that Nigerians know very well called Fela said ‘when you are inside, you are in inside world, when you are outside, you are in outside world’.

“So when I was the inside world, the first person that received me and who helped my transition from freedom to incarceration was the former governor of Benue state, governor Gabriel Suswam. He had been arrested on Tuesday, I was arrested on Friday. As at the time I was released last Tuesday, he told me he had not been told why he was arrested.”

Abaribe also said he had been reporting to the DSS headquarters since the court granted him bail.

The fiery lawmaker vowed not to be cowed into silence, disclosing his plan to challenge the action of the DSS in court.

“Let me also say Mr President that nothing has been found on the allegation that was made. Up till this moment, I am still on bail, administrative bail by the DSS and so every morning, I have to report to the DSS but these things are going to be challenged [in court]. What everybody has asked me is that where do we go from here?” he said.

“I want to crave your indulgence to tell every Nigerian where I want to go. I will do it by giving you Mr President and my distinguished colleagues, a quotation from the 26th president of the United States of America, Theodore Roosevelt.

“That quotation reads ‘patriotism means to stand by the country, it does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, same to the degree to which a president stands by the country. It is patriotic to support a president if so far as he efficiently serve the country.

It is unpatriotic to not to oppose a president whose fails to stand by his duty to do well for the country. And it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth whether about the president or anyone else.’

“I will continue to tell the truth, I will continue to stand by this country, I will continue to say that no person is bigger than this country.”

On his part, Senate President Bukola Saraki said the ordeal of Abaribe is a sacrifice he had to make to deepen democracy in the country.

“Senator Abaribe we are all happy to see that you are back. Unfortunate situation, we hope that things will be restored to normal as the issues concern you. It is one of these sacrifices we all have to make in deepening our democracy,” Saraki said.

https://www.thecable.ng/abaribe-what-suswam-told-me-in-dss-custody

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Ikem11(m): 2:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hmmm

4 Likes

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by PrinxArthur1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
7 months to go!

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by BlackMbakara1(m): 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
Which truth? wink

Start by telling us how much you earn with allowances...

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Sarkin: 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
Terrorist suswam will not go unpunished.
I am saying this here and now that 60% of the issues we are facing in this country is plotted by PDP just to frustrate this government and garner support for ignorant Nigerians.
See, let me tell you something, I can never support evil. Buhari has been wrong on many issues but no one is prefer naaa.
As much as I hate OBJ, I rather support his third force that to support 'Satan's own party' PDP. Paid PDP supporters like salamrushdie,lzaa, zombiepunisher/zombiehunter here on the this forum have somewhat succeeded in deceiving gullible people but they can never deceive me.
One PDP mad man even admitted that they "used" to kill people.
And people here will still beat their chest for them.
Sad.

55 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Homeboiy: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
Ike agwulam

This naija sef

My only problem now is money

15 Likes

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Don4eva(m): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
Well said, 2019 we'll do the needful

10 Likes

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by 9jaArea: 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
I wonder if suswam is still in there, please he shouldn't be freed.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by yarimo(m): 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
ABARIBE you must bring NNAMDI KANU to court dead or alive you like it or not . Nonsense narration lipsrsealed undecided embarassed

18 Likes

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Abaribe is a very brave Man

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Sarkin: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
yarimo:
ABARIBE you must bring NNAMDI KANU to court dead or alive you like it or not . Nonsense narration lipsrsealed undecided embarassed
he must bring him.
Terrorist Abaribe has been looting and collecting salary in millions from this nation but he rather support and sponsor terrorist IPOB. Indeed many are mad and few are roaming...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Sarkin: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Abaribe is a very brave Man
that's not bravery. Stop taking marijuana.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Paperwhite(m): 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
“That quotation reads ‘patriotism means to stand by the country, it does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, same to the degree to which a president stands by the country. It is patriotic to support a president if so far as he efficiently serve the country.

It is unpatriotic to not to oppose a president whose fails to stand by his duty to do well for the country. And it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth whether about the president or anyone else.’

[b]

Theodore Roosevelt-26th President of the USA

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by almajiri101: 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
So that was the cankerworms he bragged to open? Useless mofo

I was hoping to hear the fairytale on how the FG padded the budget with 30billion.

21 Likes

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Gr8tasign: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
Intellects are not achieved through gun powder but through education.

Ride on the distinguished senator Abaribe

The illiterates are in vain chase

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by lastmessenger: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
Sarkin:
Terrorist suswam will not go unpunished.
I am saying this here and now that 60% of the issues we are facing in this country is plotted by PDP just to frustrate this government and garner support for ignorant Nigerians.
See, let me tell you something, I can never support evil. Buhari has been wrong on many issues but no one is prefer naaa.
As much as I hate OBJ, I rather support his third force that to support 'Satan's own party' PDP. Paid PDP supporters like salamrushdie,lzaa, zombiepunisher/zombiehunter here on the this forum have somewhat succeeded in deceiving gullible people but they can never deceive me.
One PDP mad man even admitted that they "used" to kill people.
And people here will still beat their chest for them.
Sad.
you shouldn't be saying this trash.your job is to lick terrorist buhari nyash.

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Sarkin: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
Donald95:

Eze ndị Ara.

Other people don get better job nah. Help your Generation by getting something doing
OK. I will.
Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Donald95(m): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
When an Educated man (Abaribe) speaks, The illiterate Terrorist and his Crew in Aso rock Trembles and Scamper for safety

If they can't defeat him Intellectually,they will frame up one accusation against him in other to intimidate him and brain wash Buhari followers the more

almajiri101:

I was hoping to hear the fairytale on how the FG padded the budget with 30billion.

Your Presidiot Promised to create 3 million jobs every year and also promised to pay jobless youths like you 5000 naira.

You should worry much about how an illiterate deceived our sophisticated moronic brothers from the waste that claims to be intellectually ahead of the South not About Nnamdi Kanu or Abaribe

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by lastmessenger: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
almajiri101:

you are indeed an almajiri, always daft and bereft of the least sense.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by almajiri101: 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
lastmessenger:
you are indeed an almajiri, always daft and bereft of the least sense.
Donald95:

Your Presidiot Promised to create 3 million jobs every year and also promised to pay jobless youths like you 5000 naira.

You should worry much about these promises that was accomplished in an opposite way.

See painment! So sorry you all got disappointed by the useless braggart. You were expecting him to cook stories on how ministry of power padded 2018 budget?

Ipob with fish brains... 5% generation. lol

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Donald95(m): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
almajiri101:

See painment! So sorry you all got disappointed by the useless braggart. You were expecting him to cook stories on how ministry of power padded 2018 budget?

Ipob with fish brains... 5% generation. lol

As large as you claim your brain is, You believed an illiterate with NEPA certificate will transform your country to London. What a pity

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by saaron(m): 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
A tyrannical govt does not tolerate criticism. Buhari is now a god who must never be opposed. So much for a pathetic change govt.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by almajiri101: 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
Donald95:

As large as your brain is, You believed an illiterate with NEPA certificate will transform your country to London

So we should allow your Kleptomania and greedy people who stole what they didn't need to continue with their looting?

3 Likes

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Donald95(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
almajiri101:

So we should allow your Kleptomania and greedy people to continue with their looting?

keep deceiving yourself. What has he done to Amaechi, Fashola And other criminals that ran into APC.

The earlier you stop receiving crumbs from them the better and clearer your sense of reasoning becomes

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by almajiri101: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
Donald95:

keep deceiving yourself. What has he done to Amaechi, Fashola And other criminals that ran into APC.

The earlier you stop receiving crumbs from them the better your sense of reasoning becomes

Present your allegations and evidence against them and see if he wouldn't take it up. Useless Ipob like you.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by cpapa: 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
Sarkin:
that's not bravery. Stop taking marijuana.
are u ok mr

7 Likes

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Donald95(m): 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
almajiri101:

Present your allegations and evidence against them and see if he wouldn't take it up. Useless Ipob like you.

Is Orji Uzor Kalu not moving around today?

And what prove does your foolish President have against Abaribe? Anuohia

Reno Omokiri has the list

“Rotimi Amaechi: Indicted by the Justice George Omeregi led Rivers State Judicial Commission of Inquiry of looting ₦97 billion along with co - indictees including a former army general.

“Saminu Turaki: Alleged to have looted ₦36 billion. First charged before Justice Sabi’u Yahuza of the Federal High Court in Dutse, Jigawa State. Currently facing trial before justice Nnamdi Dimgba at the FCT High Court.

“Timipre Sylva: A well-known financier and supporter of the APC administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. Alleged to have looted ₦19.7 billion. Was facing trial before Justice A. Y. Mohammed of the Federal High Court, Abuja. However, two days after President Buhari was sworn in, the new APC government WITHDREW the charges preferred against Sylva on June 1, 2015, and on October 3, 2018, the EFCC returned to Sylva, 48 houses seized from him during the administration of former president, Goodluck Jonathan in 2013 to him.

“Murtala Nyako: Alleged to have looted ₦29 billion. Currently facing trial before Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja

“Senator Danjuma Goje: Alleged to have looted ₦25 billion. Currently facing trial before the Federal High Court, sitting in Jos, Plateau State.

“Senator Abdullahi Adamu: Alleged to have looted ₦15 billion with the help of 18 co-accused. Charged on March 3, 2010. The case continues to linger in court.

“Orji Kalu: Alleged to have looted ₦3.2 billion. Currently facing trial before Justice Mohammed Idris of the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos.

“Kayode Fayemi: Indicted by the Ekiti Judicial Commission of Inquiry headed by former Ekiti State chief judge and the Oluyin of Iyin-Ekiti, Ademola Ajakaiye, of sundry financial malfeasance totaling over ₦2 billion.

“Senator Joshua Dariye: Alleged to have looted ₦1.2 billion. Currently facing trial before Justice Adebukola Banjoko at an FCT High Court.

“Babachir Lawal: former Secretary to the Government of the Federation. Allegedly gave a ₦200 million contract to his own company from monies meant to look after Internally Displaced Persons. Has been sacked after protests by the opposition and civil society. Has still not been charged. Was allowed to be replaced by his own cousin.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by almajiri101: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
Donald95:

Is Orji Uzor Kalu not moving around today?

And what prove does your foolish President have against Abaribe? Anuohia

Orji Uzor kalu exposed Obj and reverse was the case. Get yourself a copy of Soyinka's newly launched book for enlightenment. So you expect them to show you evidence when the case is ongoing? Mumu like you.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Mylove55(f): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
OK
Re: Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody by Donald95(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
almajiri101:

Orji Uzor kalu exposed Obj and reverse was the case. Get yourself a copy of Soyinka's newly launched book for enlightenment. So you expect them to show you evidence when the case is ongoing? Mumu like you.

So, You mean that you gats to call another persons name for your sins to be forgiven SMH.

I don't read books of Scam Laurette that brought in cultism into Universities and also can't stand on what he said

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari's Granddaughter, Amal Bello / "Ikoyi Whistle-blower Is Mad" - EFCC Says, Takes Him To Psychiatric Hospital / Horrific Bloodshed And Killings In Oyigbo: Full Story By Premium Times (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.