Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

The Better Option - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Better Option (531 Views)

What Better Option To Buying An Aarticle On Proxy? / Which Is A Better Option Between Ukraine And Uae(dubai) / Which One Is A Better Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Better Option by TeeFriz: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hi Nairalanders,
I really need your help on a decision am about to take.

I am looking at traveling out but I dunno which is better.
1. I met this agent who I wanna use to process my way to the United States by applying for a student visa as an high school graduate which cost about 700k, but am a college graduate here in Nigeria, even a working class (2years) now.

2. Also looking at Dubai, just to go hustle and probably find a greener pasture, no documents required and it cost about 550k.

Now my questions are , if perhaps I go for the USA, is it safe claiming am a high school graduate even at the point of interview at the embassy and more so when I get there, will I be able to apply for masters instead?

Secondly, since I am using the student visa to get a visa cause my true intention is to go hustle for the duration of the visa, will it limit/reduce any chances?

As for the Dubai, I will get a low skilled job which really isn't a problem but do they have equal or better opportunities there?

Really need your say on this, don't wanna fall victim of scam the second time plus I really want a better life.

Over a million is at stake here friends

Thanks
Re: The Better Option by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
i would suggest you keep your money, and figure out what you desire with your life FIRST.... because "IMHO" both choices are a waste of money/life.
Re: The Better Option by TeeFriz: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
i would suggest you keep your money, and figure out what you desire with your life FIRST.... because "IMHO" both choices are a waste of money/life.
Thanks Chief, just Nigeria is getting worse
Re: The Better Option by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
TeeFriz:

Thanks Chief, just Nigeria is getting worse

yeah possibly, but you better be prepared before you think of jumping into another "worse" situation (at the other side of the world)

1 Like

Re: The Better Option by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
Use that million to start a business. I don't think any consular officer will be stupid enough to grant you a visa. Life isn't as rosy as people paint in dubai. Stay in Nigeria and grow that money. Let your destiny not be among those the devil has wasted. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Better Option by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Use that million to start a business. I don't think any consular officer will be stupid enough to grant you a visa. Life isn't as rosy as people paint in dubai. Stay in Nigeria and grow that money. Let your destiny not be among those the devil has wasted. undecided

traveling aimlessly (with no plan) just to get out of Nigeria is just as clueless as opening a business while being ignorant about how to successfully run/manage a biz. thinking that anybody can be successful in business is the same way some people think that anybody can hustle successfully abroad.....A BIG JOKE!!!

as much as you are right that he should stay in Nigeria, he certainly SHOULDNT invest his money in a biz, if that is A) not what he desires or B) he has NO clue how to "properly" run a biz.

1 Like

Re: The Better Option by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

traveling aimlessly (with no plan) just to get out of Nigeria is just as clueless as opening a business while being ignorant about how to successfully run/manage a biz. thinking that anybody can be successful in business is the same way some people think that anybody can hustle successfully abroad.....A BIG JOKE!!!

as much as you are right that he should stay in Nigeria, he certainly SHOULDNT invest his money in a biz, if that is A) not what he desires or B) he has NO clue how to "properly" run a biz.
By starting a business, I don't mean building the next paystack. He can carry out a feasibility study around where he lives on what people use on a daily basis buys and sells them for a profit. He can also start a service based business depending on the kind of skills he has. If he's really interested in schooling and leaving Nigeria, then he can use the 1 million to write the GRE and apply to schools In the USA . The op has a lot of options.

1 Like

Re: The Better Option by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

By starting a business, I don't mean building the next paystack. He can carry out a feasibility study around where he lives on what people use on a daily basis buys and sells them for a profit. He can also start a service based business depending on the kind of skills he has. If he's really interested in schooling and leaving Nigeria, then he can use the 1 million to write the GRE and apply to schools In the USA . The op has a lot of options.

again, not everybody can successfully run a business.... (whether pure water or else) the fact that you believe that everybody can, is your 1st mistake on this issue.

1 Like

Re: The Better Option by Gerrard59(m): 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

By starting a business, I don't mean building the next paystack. He can carry out a feasibility study around where he lives on what people use on a daily basis buys and sells them for a profit. He can also start a service based business depending on the kind of skills he has. If he's really interested in schooling and leaving Nigeria, then he can use the 1 million to write the GRE and apply to schools In the USA. The op has a lot of options.

This is the best option. Study hard, get a good score and leave. Unfortunately, OP is not interested in schooling. His desire is hustling and honestly with the anti-immigration brouhaha globally and poor working conditions for unskilled staff in UAE, I'd not advise hustling.

If anyone must leave Nigeria, let your living status be better than when you are in Nigeria. Leaving Nigeria as a legal resident to somewhere you don't know and having no reliable individual to become an illegal migrant is ridiculous to me. As for business, I agree wholly with MrBrownJay1.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pupils, Teachers On Excursion Killed In Delta Bus Crash / Point of Entry Advice / "Each Tanker On The Bridge Pays N20,000 To Park, Its A Racket" By Adenusi Patric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.