Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit (63825 Views)

How To Become A Commercial Pilot In Nigeria In Short Summary (Photos) / Janet Bunor, A Young Female Pilot In Nigeria, Buzzing On Social Media (Photos) / Aniema Violet Enahoro: Female Pilot Who Is Married To A Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Yimu
y u dey yimu
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Jfrankination(m): 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2018
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
y u dey yimu
I can't yimu in peace again
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by LZAA: 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Recently, Nigerian airline, Air Peace raised one of its pilots, Sinmisola Ajibola, to the rank of flight Captain. The promotion made her the airline’s first female captain as she's is from a family of pilots - father and four brothers, three of whom are with Air Peace.

The female pilot shared her story with Air Peace crew after the historic decoration.

CC: How do you feel becoming a captain?

CS: I’m very excited for this day, it’s a day every pilot looks forward to. I’m really excited and elated to experience this day.

CC: I can say you are from the home of pilots – your father, four brothers and now, you. What really is the interest here?

CS: (Hesitates) I remember growing up, I used to wear my dad’s hats and jackets, which used to be oversize for me, and say, “Oh I want to fly, oh I want to fly.” Then he just used to laugh and say: “Oh when you finish school (university) and you get your degree, then tell me again if this is still what you want.” Then, along the line, I would tag along on flights with him. Then my other brothers started the same thing: “We want to fly, we want to fly.” So, my dad made a joke that if he were into some other business, was that how we would all want to tag and follow him? But, all in all, I think basically, he contributed hugely to us being here today. We watched him, we admired him, he was a very good example for us. It was not hard, we did not have to think about it to want to follow his footsteps. It was not a hard decision. We are happy we did, we are glad.

CC: A lot of people are scared of flying, let alone talking of being in charge of the cockpit? So, what scares you about the job?

CS: Scares (pauses)… I think the more you fly, even if you have thousands of hours, there are times you will have fears in the cockpit, maybe weather or something, but that is where the training comes in. We go through rigorous training from time to time and all that, and that makes you more comfortable to handle any situation. And going forward, it is still mostly the same thing I have been doing, you know, only that it is more responsibility – I am looking after everybody at once. But I do not really think I have or I should have any particular fears about flying.

CC: Men especially are not comfortable having women in the cockpit. Is that justified?

CS: (Chuckles) It’s funny, because there are times we are boarding and the men will see me in the cockpit and they will behave like: “Is it a female flying us? Are we safe? Are we safe? And we laugh about it, because it is 2018 and we expect people to be conversant with having females in their cockpits. But I guess we will give them a little more time to understand that what the men can do, we equally can do.

CC: Let’s go controversial here now. Between men and women (pilots and captains), who do the job better?

CS: I would not want to go controversial to that extent. I think we (men and women pilots) equally do you job. There was a time years ago when they said women were more patient; they think better in handling things. But in this profession, I think the training and a lot of factors come into play. It is not all about gender most times.

CC: What should we expect now that you have been elevated?

CS: At the end of the day, it’s wisdom and hopefully, I get better really. I strive to be a better person. So it’s just to understand the profession and my career, and just work with what I have. I am glad to have supportive colleagues, a supportive chairman and our captains, training captains, so it does not seem like it will be a difficult road to walk. Inasmuch as there will be challenges, definitely we will overcome those challenges.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/how-men-feel-when-they-see-me-in-the-cockpit-female-pilot-reveals-photos.html
COCKPIT grin grin
Sidenote this chic flies with my friend
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Slimsly100(f): 10:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
Olalan:
Really happy when I see women do well in their career. My wife just has to be a career person.

Will u be able to bear the consequences I mean the time and energy she'll have to put in to it in order to reach this level?
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by wyzoe: 10:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Recently, Nigerian airline, Air Peace raised one of its pilots, Sinmisola Ajibola, to the rank of flight Captain. The promotion made her the airline’s first female captain as she's is from a family of pilots - father and four brothers, three of whom are with Air Peace.

The female pilot shared her story with Air Peace crew after the historic decoration.

CS: I’m very excited for this day, it’s a day every pilot looks forward to. I’m really excited and elated to experience this day.

CC: I can say you are from the home of pilots – your father, four brothers and now, you. What really is the interest here?

CS: (Hesitates) I remember growing up, I used to wear my dad’s hats and jackets, which used to be oversize for me, and say, “Oh I want to fly, oh I want to fly.” Then he just used to laugh and say: “Oh when you finish school (university) and you get your degree, then tell me again if this is still what you want.” Then, along the line, I would tag along on flights with him. Then my other brothers started the same thing: “We want to fly, we want to fly.” So, my dad made a joke that if he were into some other business, was that how we would all want to tag and follow him? But, all in all, I think basically, he contributed hugely to us being here today. We watched him, we admired him, he was a very good example for us. It was not hard, we did not have to think about it to want to follow his footsteps. It was not a hard decision. We are happy we did, we are glad.

CC: A lot of people are scared of flying, let alone talking of being in charge of the cockpit? So, what scares you about the job?

CS: Scares (pauses)… I think the more you fly, even if you have thousands of hours, there are times you will have fears in the cockpit, maybe weather or something, but that is where the training comes in. We go through rigorous training from time to time and all that, and that makes you more comfortable to handle any situation. And going forward, it is still mostly the same thing I have been doing, you know, only that it is more responsibility – I am looking after everybody at once. But I do not really think I have or I should have any particular fears about flying.

CC: Men especially are not comfortable having women in the cockpit. Is that justified?

CS: (Chuckles) It’s funny, because there are times we are boarding and the men will see me in the cockpit and they will behave like: “Is it a female flying us? Are we safe? Are we safe? And we laugh about it, because it is 2018 and we expect people to be conversant with having females in their cockpits. But I guess we will give them a little more time to understand that what the men can do, we equally can do.

CC: Let’s go controversial here now. Between men and women (pilots and captains), who do the job better?

CS: I would not want to go controversial to that extent. I think we (men and women pilots) equally do you job. There was a time years ago when they said women were more patient; they think better in handling things. But in this profession, I think the training and a lot of factors come into play. It is not all about gender most times.

CS: At the end of the day, it’s wisdom and hopefully, I get better really. I strive to be a better person. So it’s just to understand the profession and my career, and just work with what I have. I am glad to have supportive colleagues, a supportive chairman and our captains, training captains, so it does not seem like it will be a difficult road to walk. Inasmuch as there will be challenges, definitely we will overcome those challenges.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/how-men-feel-when-they-see-me-in-the-cockpit-female-pilot-reveals-photos.html
Go girl.
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Jethrolite(m): 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is how to present an interview post. Kudos whoever did this. I'm impressed.

ChangeIsCostant
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Rhea(f): 12:05am On Jul 05, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:

Kudos to you Oh Captain my Captain.
Do not mind those chauvinistic men.
They cannot keep their warped minds straight especially when they see a woman in a cockpit.
Far too many terminologies for them to handle without feeling a rush of blood to the groin.
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by DerrickEbili(m): 3:34am On Jul 05, 2018
Hi view this

Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by RaptorX: 4:02am On Jul 05, 2018
That is why it's called the cockpit, only for people with cocks.
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Yian1(m): 5:34am On Jul 05, 2018
obembet:

Wike will soon commission real Madrid academy, come and obtain the form...oloshi

Tanker no dey pass my area

Are you this daft?? I said the Great R.M, not the counterfeit in your state...Idiot
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Yian1(m): 5:36am On Jul 05, 2018
davodyguy:
Tankers don't just fall
Something must trigger the fall

Let the thing that triggered the ones that fell, trigger this one too..
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Yian1(m): 5:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Nedfed:

Baba werey grin

Abeg free the guy ooooo
Maybe his talking about Real madrid FC distance learning school, Osogbo grin

I don't blame you, You are people of no dream
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Rejoice5000(f): 5:55am On Jul 05, 2018
Evablizin:
In your dreams... Wake up bro,you're dreaming too much,as for the tanker,e no fit fall on me. God dey.gringrin
lol

1 Like

Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Jay4joy: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2018
Congratulations.
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by talk2percy(m): 6:21am On Jul 05, 2018
Congrats, but what is that stain on ur right breast,?,
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 05, 2018
Smile
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by tombeh(m): 7:25am On Jul 05, 2018
Congrats o
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Holocene(m): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2018
All I can see is the Bobbi Izua
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by dumininu01(m): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2018
akeentech:

Mu.mu Wetin u get to ride?
cheesy cheesy
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by anigold(m): 10:37am On Jul 05, 2018
Yian1:
Congrats, Captain!! I also want to be a Captain one day, But I mean The Captain of the great Real Madrid FC. cool
Anyone that quotes me and say nonsense, tanker fall on him/her...na my wish, you too wish your own
Captain your street team first before Real Madrid..
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by anigold(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2018
Olalan:
Really happy when I see women do well in their career. My wife just has to be a career person.
career women are lovely as a husband u have to know how to handle them with care if not.. u know the answer. grin grin grin
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Fitbillionairep: 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2018
did she say when they see her sucking cockk?
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by apostle25(m): 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
Yian1:
Congrats, Captain!! I also want to be a Captain one day, But I mean The Captain of the great Real Madrid FC. cool
Anyone that quotes me and say nonsense, tanker fall on him/her...na my wish, you too wish your own
You are a big clown. Go n do M C
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by imaeruaka: 1:07am On Jul 08, 2018
its ok

ENTREPRENEURSHIP
*You all will agree with me that for a business to experience success, yielding much more income that the marketing sector or unit of such business or company must be as rigid as ever. That is to say, if such unit functions properly, there’s a greater tendency of such a business to experience success, since marketing is the heart of all business.*
Read more>>> and share
https://www.millitime.com/a-working-marketing-strategy-for-businesses-multiplication/?wpam_id=7

Millitime
Your 247 Career Magazine

Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Yian1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
anigold:
Captain your street team first before Real Madrid..

I don pass that one since!!
Re: Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit by Denaro(m): 11:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hi guys, I have an opportunity for us.
I'm sure some of you have heard of smart contract. But let me explain.

Smart contract works inform of Networking, which means individuals are to connect to get things done and it's done to earn money (crypto currency).

For Smart contract to work well, it is always better if a team if form. This team will make work easy for individuals In the sense that
1. It will remove the stress of individuals looking for referrals
2. It will make earnings very easy and fast.
3. The smart contract can be completed within a day if the right number of members is formed for a team.

On this note, I am inviting you to join my team of 500 members, with this team and our strategy we will achieve a massive earnings from this smart contract.
All things being equal individuals will earn minimum of 13 million Trons. Tron is a crypto currency currently valued as 15.21 naira. So do the mathematics and see how much you can earn.

Good news, you join the platform with the same amount as your monthly subscription ����.

Join TEAM500 smart contract movement and come and make a foutune.

https:///IbHcpirhiKm6jWuTJETYs1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Become A US Soldier As He Completes His Training (Photos) / Obinna Ukwuani Returns To Nigeria After Turning Down Job Offer In USA / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.