Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. (17984 Views)

My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / Secret Of How I Easily Sell All My Agro Produce Without Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by bkuranga(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2018
I will say, you are welcome here.

If you are here to say things like; what a waste of time, energy or resources, could you please click any link close to your mouse pointer?

But if you like to strive and do something new that could impact your life and those around you. Then you are welcome. I'm not selling anything, not claiming to be an expert or even trying to convince you to go into farming. All I'm here for, is to find people with same drive as my self in order to maintain that drive and also give us the room to see things differently, which means to learn off each other and broaden our horizon.

You will have to forgive my English, it's always been my weakest link right from day one in the KINDERGARTEN (even though I didn't have the chance to attend that, LOL).

Remember? I didn't introduce my self, right? cheesy

I'm Abiodun by name, A jobless man in the face of most Nigerians but a freelancer in the face internet AGE-GRADE. Why? Because once you don't work for the government or a boss, most Nigerians will believe you are jobless.

I'm a transcriptionist, a graphic artist and a FARMER(something I'm just diving into).

MY STORY IS GETTING TOO LONG, I'M SORRY. BUT I WILL TELL SOME MORE.

I have been in love with farming or let say, AGRICULTURE in general since my secondary school days, but as there is not much I can do then or put straight I didn't really have enough motivation to overcome the challenges and dive in. I had to look at poultries and farms in awe. But still then, I managed to set up my rabbit cage and also took in some chickens, I dived into quail keeping also but stopped midway as there wasn't much market for it. During this time, I plant 10-20 pods of maize in the compound as a kid.

But my first real FARM practice was during my service year, after all the coaching and long talks by the NYSC officials coupling with my realization that I'm not a MINISTER'S, GOVERNOR'S NOT EVEN A COUNCILOR'S son. I realized there is no job waiting for me after my service year. A reason why I have to find my ways. Three things I did was,

1- To list things I love which can bring me some coins.
2- To check those I'm able to do well.
3- Then, It all came down to FREELANCING and FARMING.

Because being under a boss wouldn't have allowed me the freedom I need to farm the way I want and right from onset, I always believe I will be a success as a freelancer.

A reason why I put aside some of my ALAWE, and acquire some space around my PPA and that place now is called, Oko Copa (Copa's farm). I still have my cassava there right now.

Getting back to my state, I didn't stop. Now I have my little farm where my MAIZE, G/CORN AND PEANUT seem to be enjoying themselves.

A small farm for now because of the financial constraint, something I planned to expand the following season, provided I'm still alive. Something I pray God will made possible.
I will come here with PICTURES.

I'm not a millionaire, not even a rich thousand holder. But I'm doing what I love and I'm happy.

There are people who love AGRICULTURE but can't summon the courage to banish that DON'T-DO-IT spirit.

I'm not an expert, in fact I'm just diving into agriculture. But I am here to motivate you, if you are yet to do something, please do. If you are doing something already, I can learn from you, you can learn from me. A REASON WHY I CREATE THIS THREAD.

I WILL PREPARE PICTURES OF MY FARMS. HOPEFULLY, THAT WILL MOTIVATE YOU TO DO SOMETHING.

I THINK THIS IS GETTING TOO LONG, LET ME CUT IT HERE TO HELP MY NEXT POST.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Hallams(m): 10:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Op ride on .

1 Like

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Hallams(m): 11:01am On Jul 05, 2018
Op ride on. It takes great courage to venture into agriculture. Agriculture is by far the most frustrating enterprise. Once u decide to venture into it , get ready to be frustrated by climate change ,pests ,diseases , humans(theft) e.t.c

Op I envy and salute your courage

6 Likes

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by amy4you(f): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
I really admire your courage and I know without any doubt that you will succeed in this venture, ride on boss of life,Q..

4 Likes

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
God bless the works of your hands bro.
I love the Entrepreneurship spirit so much.
Nothing as fulfilling as it.
God bless our hustles....

Talking about procrastination, let me share this to share to everyone also, hoping one or two people learn something here......

[b]PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME

I have lived in this area for 6 years. I eat Akara a lot but no one fries it here. I was forced to learn how to fry it so I can eat it to my fill.
I learnt it. So for the past one year or less, I have been eating my own fried Akara. I can do it well.
Sometimes in December last year, one Igbo man started frying Akara here. My first taste of that Akara sent sweetness down my throat. I stopped frying mine and started buying from him. I have never fried Akara till date because of this man.
Last weekend, I went to buy Akara in his shop. I met him instead of his boy (he doesn't stay. I guess he has another business he runs). So I asked of the guy. He told me the guy is now in another branch he opened the day before. �
I didn't understand. I said "kedu otuo" (how do you mean).
He said he has opened another branch (he mentioned the name of the street) and is looking for someone to start staying in the one close to me whereas the boy I was asking of have moved to the new branch. He wants the boy there because of his good sales skill.
I went away feeling so ashamed of myself.
Why did I not start the Akara business and leave it in the hands of competent people to do for me?
I just recovered from the shame this night and decided to let my Facebook family know.
To you who has the desire to do something. Pick up yourself and start it today. Tomorrow might be too late.
Written by Chinaify Onyeabo[/b]

~~~
We say No to plagiarism!
I hope this post motivate you to act on that something id you truly desire to do. You never can tell.
DO IT NOW!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by divinelove(m): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
sad

DTS d spirit

2 Likes

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by donemitex1: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
Waiting for the pictures

1 Like

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
bkuranga:

You will have to forgive my English, it's always been my weakest link right from day one in the KINDERGARTEN (even though I didn't have the chance to attend that
I lost interest when I saw this. How possible not to attend kindergarten but able to read and write. You want to motivate somebody but you dey lie.

1 Like

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by sacredsaint(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
I'm impressed

1 Like

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by xjiggy: 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
Way to go bro. Despite the challenges, with consistency, you'll excel. Ignore naysayers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Meel: 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by joeanointing(m): 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
I love agriculture. With time I hope to quit my job and into livestock and farming.
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by nikaShow(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
I like this...am following !
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Yeecar(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2018
Nice One OP. Welcome to the club of silent millionares.
For info on Mushroom farming please contact me
https://www.nairaland.com/2113936/edible-mushroom-cultivation-spawn-production
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by ttshems(m): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2018
Good one bro
Let's keep this tread alive
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Born2Breed(f): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2018
Marygold637:
I lost interest when I saw this. How possible not to attend kindergarten but able to read and write. You want to motivate somebody but you dey lie.

Are you for real?

Because you were privileged to attend one,doesn't mean everyone did.

The first day in school for some of us,was Primary 1( now basic 1) @ age 5 or 6yrs.

17 Likes

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Born2Breed(f): 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2018
bkuranga:

If you are here to say things like; what a waste of time, energy or resources, could you please click any link close to your mouse pointer?

But if you like to strive and do something new that could impact your life and those around you. Then you are welcome. I'm not selling anything, not claiming to be an expert or even trying to convince you to go into farming. All I'm here for, is to find people with same drive as my self in order to maintain that drive and also give us the room to see things differently, which means to learn off each other and broaden our horizon.

You will have to forgive my English, it's always been my weakest link right from day one in the KINDERGARTEN (even though I didn't have the chance to attend that, LOL).

Remember? I didn't introduce my self, right? cheesy

I'm Abiodun by name, A jobless man in the face of most Nigerians but a freelancer in the face internet AGE-GRADE. Why? Because once you don't work for the government or a boss, most Nigerians will believe you are jobless.

I'm a transcriptionist, a graphic artist and a FARMER(something I'm just diving into).

MY STORY IS GETTING TOO LONG, I'M SORRY. BUT I WILL TELL SOME MORE.

I have been in love with farming or let say, AGRICULTURE in general since my secondary school days, but as there is not much I can do then or put straight I didn't really have enough motivation to overcome the challenges and dive in. I had to look at poultries and farms in awe. But still then, I managed to set up my rabbit cage and also took in some chickens, I dived into quail keeping also but stopped midway as there wasn't much market for it. During this time, I plant 10-20 pods of maize in the compound as a kid.

But my first real FARM practice was during my service year, after all the coaching and long talks by the NYSC officials coupling with my realization that I'm not a MINISTER'S, GOVERNOR'S NOT EVEN A COUNCILOR'S son. I realized there is no job waiting for me after my service year. A reason why I have to find my ways. Three things I did was,

1- To list things I love which can bring me some coins.
2- To check those I'm able to do well.
3- Then, It all came down to FREELANCING and FARMING.

Because being under a boss wouldn't have allowed me the freedom I need to farm the way I want and right from onset, I always believe I will be a success as a freelancer.

A reason why I put aside some of my ALAWE, and acquire some space around my PPA and that place now is called, Oko Copa (Copa's farm). I still have my cassava there right now.

Getting back to my state, I didn't stop. Now I have my little farm where my MAIZE, G/CORN AND PEANUT seem to be enjoying themselves.

A small farm for now because of the financial constraint, something I planned to expand the following season, provided I'm still alive. Something I pray God will made possible.
I will come here with PICTURES.

I'm not a millionaire, not even a rich thousand holder. But I'm doing what I love and I'm happy.

There are people who love AGRICULTURE but can't summon the courage to banish that DON'T-DO-IT spirit.

I'm not an expert, in fact I'm just diving into agriculture. But I am here to motivate you, if you are yet to do something, please do. If you are doing something already, I can learn from you, you can learn from me. A REASON WHY I CREATE THIS THREAD.

I WILL PREPARE PICTURES OF MY FARMS. HOPEFULLY, THAT WILL MOTIVATE YOU TO DO SOMETHING.

I THINK THIS IS GETTING TOO LONG, LET ME CUT IT HERE TO HELP MY NEXT POST.

Nice moves.

Waiting to see pictures.
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by buynaijagoods: 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
God bless your business.

Buy and sell made in Nigeria Products on https://buynaijagoods.com .
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Maket: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2018
Agriculture the only way to feed the nation.
Gbam
EOD
QED
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
Nice one

Unfortunately what most Nigerians does is more talk,less action and funny enough, dreams don't come true with no action on it.

my advise for OP

you have taken your first step
but You will face challenges but don't give up
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Doerstech(m): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2018
Lovely
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by abescom: 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
booked
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by poshpaul: 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
���
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Emmanuel602(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
Following
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by kalu61(m): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
God bless your hustle. looking forward to invest in agro sector one make better money.
l'm inspired.
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Ganjafama(m): 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
Marygold637:
We Nigerians like finding faults with everything.
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by aliblaginfo: 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
Nice one from you bro... Seems like minds would meet here. I have just started my small poultry here also, and i hope to go into crop production next season limited by cash this season. It's nice in the midst here.
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by aliblaginfo: 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
Marygold637:

So u learnt how to read at the kindergarten, soq. When was that even made popular. Please let's have some peace here if you are not matured enough please find your level
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by spafu(m): 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Marygold637:
You have problem with comprehension bro. You can have a PhD and yet never attended a Kindergarten. You vex me I swear.
Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Fheelz: 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
It's a great step and investment when herdsmen don't invade your farm.

2 Likes

Re: My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
agriculture is the best, but it requires patient and persistence to make millions out of it. and if you really want to make it big you need to plant crop that can last while harvesting, e.g plantain, palm tree e.tc and complement it with fisheries, poultry, piggery e.t.c.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm / Broiler Farmers Let's Come Together And Achieve Our Goal This December / Ajimobi Visits Denmark Over Farmers/Fulani Herdsmen Clashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.