Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Boys Are Not Stones -- John Chizoba Vincent - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Boys Are Not Stones -- John Chizoba Vincent (561 Views)

Writing Is Not For Little Children By John Chizoba Vincent / They Are Vixens Not Sex Objects By John Chizoba Vincent / They Are Vixens Not Sex Objects By John Chizoba Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boys Are Not Stones -- John Chizoba Vincent by SynCityNg: 10:32am On Jul 05, 2018
Irecall the day when a friend of mine was beaten blue and black by a girl in school. He came back home and told his parents what happened. It was a mess.

His father was as mad as a scorned masquerade. He shouted, danced here and there to his ability. He asked my friend where his hands were when the girl beat him up. I was there. My friend couldn’t speak because he was too afraid to.

His father went into his room, got a rope, tied his hands and legs and began to beat him. His mother did not help the matter.

As I grew older, I constantly related this experience to being an inhumane one. A wife beats her husband and people laugh it away. A man beats his wife and it is tagged violence against women. It makes the headlines in the dailies.

Culture, tradition and the society as a whole constantly comparing the boy’s strength with the girl’s. It doesn’t matter who is older and physically stronger... http://syncityng.com/2018/07/04/the-boy-child-voice-with-john-chizoba-vincent/

(1) (Reply)

Mother-in-law - Episode 11 / Last Adventure OF Agent Ikenna / Boom: The Making Of Omalicha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.