Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! (20079 Views)

Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup / 2018 World Cup: Fixtures For Quarter Final / Nigeria Snubbed As FIFA Releases List Of Referees For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by Gisthoodng(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2018
FIFA has chosen Argentine Referee, Nestor Pitana to officiate the quarter-finals clash between Uruguay and France in Nizhny Novgorod.

The 43-year-old will be assisted by compatriots Hernan Maidana and Juan Belatti, also he featured at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

While Maidana will be the Assistant Referee 1 (AR1), Belatti will be the Assistant Referee 2 (AR2).

Other officials to assist Pitana are Alireza Faghani and Reza Sokhandan, both of Iran, as Reserve Assistants in the match slated for Friday.

For the second quarter-final match involving Belgium and Brazil in Kazan, Serbian Referee Milorad Mazic, has been picked to be in charge of affairs.

The 47-year-old officiated the Champions League final in Kiev between Liverpool and Real Madrid, remember him? �

Mazic will be assisted by two Serbia internationals, Milovan Ristic, who is the AR1, and Dalibor Djurdjevic, who is the AR2.

The fourth official is Jair Marrufo and Corey Rockwell the Reserve Assistant, with both coming from the U.S.

For Saturday's match between Sweden and England at Samara, Netherlands Referee Bjorn Kuipers will be in charge of the fixture.

Kuipers has also officiated some matches at the World Cup so far which includes: Russia Vs Spain, Brazil Vs Costa Rica and Uruguay Vs Egypt.

He will be assisted by compatriots Sander van Roekel and Erwin Zeinstra as AR1 and AR2 respectively.

The game’s fourth official is Antonio Lahoz from Spain, while another Spaniard, Pau Cebrian, will be the Reserve Assistant.

The last quarter-final match on Saturday between Russia and Croatia will be officiated by Brazilian Referee Sandro Ricci.

Ricci was also in charge of the match which Nigeria lost 2-0 to Croatia in Kaliningrad.

He has Emerson de Carvalho and Marcelo van Gasse as AR1 and AR2 respectively, with Janny Sikazwe of Zambia as fourth official and Jerson dos Santos of Angola as Reserve Assistant.

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/07/world-cup-2018-referees-to-officiate.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by mrMeen(m): 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
FTC
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by osemoses1234(m): 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hh
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by busterr(m): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
I hope he won't be biased because France sent his country out of Russia? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by monaPhilz: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
France for the trophy.

3 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by modaink333: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
what of ebyimba match?
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by modaink333: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
what of eyimba match?
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by freelivetv: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
Yup, he did well in 2015 Copa America too.
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by Abdul3391(m): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
Wetin concern us... Naija no dy play again
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by mamaa88(f): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
Ok
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by yamendiva(f): 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
France for the win

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by Krissjones: 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
busterr:
I hope he won't be biased because France sent his country out of Russia? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
He can't try anything he's already being scrutinized because of his link to argentina, if he were to favour uruguay the uproar would be too much.

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
France should better petition Fifa, because I see biasness with that Argentinian referee in their match against Uruguay. Francce evicted his country mate

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by Dutchey(m): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2018
its pay back time for France... France is out...LOL
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by fredoooooo: 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2018
Bastards ojoro united , to hell with fifa , refreess and VAR
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
I want to be a referee. Help! How can I apply?
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by Jaytecq(m): 2:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
Seen
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by majamajic(m): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
busterr:

no, Argentina and Uruguay are hard core enemy neighbors ,
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by OlujobaSamuel: 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2018
conflict of interest, he shouldnt have been picked for such game, 2 conspiracy theory; 1- he might favour Uruguay because France defeated his Nation
2- he might favour France so Uruguay doesnt win the world cup and become a Champion while they are of the same continent.
FIFA no dey use their head most times, or probably let money decides what the head should do.

3 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by engrjacuzzi: 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
I didn't see Clattenburg, Mason, Friend, Riley, Atkinson and Olivera on that list. this News is fake

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by daveP(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
France should better petition Fifa, because I see biasness with that Argentinian referee in their match against Uruguay. Francce evicted his country mate
The Brazil Belgium game is by a European ref. so I think it's balanced. lol. Collina sef... why chose refs this way?
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by valnosky(m): 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
busterr:
my exact thought......but most of these South American referees would prefer seeing a European country lifting the cup than their south American counterpart
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by ajeleseujn(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2018
busterr:

My thought as well.

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by Nahum777(m): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
Using a South American referee to officiate a match involving a South American Team is foolish and idiotic. France defeated his home country as well. Are these people blind or what? It's just like using a Zambian referee to officiate a match involving England and Nigeria.
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by chibuthanks: 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
WHY USING A REF OF D SAME CONFEDERATION AGAINST AN OPPONENT OF ANOTHER CONFEDERATION I FIFA COMMITEE THAT PICK THEM ARE FOOLS
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by Christmasdon(m): 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
Imagine no England referees at this tournament, its a shame to England Fa, England should boycott FIFA, okay they have BreXit.
Re: World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! by somehow: 12:12am On Jul 06, 2018
Anyways it's not new, afterall a Senegalese ref was incharge of the match between Belgium vs Japan and it was Japan that did "official" match fixing to send Senegal out of the WC.
busterr:

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Only Player To Score 100+ Goals In EPL, UCL & La Liga / Osimhen’s Late Goal Against Torino Secures Napoli’s Eight Straight Serie A Win / Asisat Oshoala Undergoes Surgery In Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.