Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) (63195 Views)

Please Help: I Get Stung By A Fire Ant On My Lips And The Swell Is Much? Pix / Cute Ugandan Boy With Blue Eyes And Vitiligo (Photos) / Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by mikejj(m): 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
no one has it in my family.. In fact I didn't believe it at first because I thought it was a minor discolouration that will clear off after a while but instead it keeps spreading
.have u talked to your doctor..it might be a reaction from medicine that did not work properly in your system.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
shocked
There's more to life than worrying about not having friends or girls. I have a close friend whose girlfriend has one hand, but she's beautiful in her own way. I admire her each time I see them together. Don't take your life man, that thing you have on your lips doesn't define who you are. Those people staring at you and asking questions aren't perfect too, nobody is.

9 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by JBL316: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Curry30:
Seek medical attention. There are effective natural remedies for this ailment. Wish you the best.

ah ah...the guy is not ill...he is just changing colour.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by edgecution(m): 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Guy the only remedy is daily make up. It has no cure!!!!
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by holyacid(m): 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Come to think of it,aint u happy u even have a lip @all,just pay a visit to d hospital and thank me later...Acid is my name

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by anibi9674: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
if you commit suicide who e consign.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
Life goes on my brother, killinnot yourself.... Smile.... Don't kill yourself. All we need is your intelligent.

3 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by showafrica(m): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
You can just draw a tattoo there..
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
I don't know if you are in Lagos but just two days ago I went to a home for the less privileged in Akoka. it's called Modupe-Cole. I met a man, 60 years of age. he can't speak, see or hear. he wasn't born that way. he was normal and even went to a private school till he was 10 years old. he's been in that home for at least 40 years. he stays on the same bed everyday. we were told that it's war just to get him to have his bath. I tried imagining what his mind would be like. I really felt pity for that man.

now back to you. you are able-bodied, a lawyer in the making, a handsome vibrant young man with a family, food to eat, money to spend and people that love you.
make a life out of yourself before you take what you can't create.

I wish I could pity u too but all my pity finished with that man and I have none left for you. next time I hear about u I want to hear how you rose above this challenge. all the best bro.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by sexdoll: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
eyaa

sorry bros.

this was the reason why michael jackson decided to go white.

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
Better not kill yourself. We all have one 'deformity' or another. Look forward to making heaven; for in heaven, all things are made new.

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
mikejj:
grin..stop kissing any lips you won't hear ...check your family lineage if anyone has it..then start from there
You are not serious
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by kingsfire: 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
Chill bro, there's no point being suicidal
Learn to live with it, accept it and see it ad beautiful
My dad has vitiligo all over his body and I still see him as normal.. He accepted his fate and he's living free.
Accept your fate and live free..
#peace

5 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by thunderbabs: 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
No dey give girl cunninlingus, u no hear. You do sotey go do for albino, see ur lips nw, ehn shocked grin

U dey craze join sef.. U wan kill yasef coz of extra colour on ur lips...
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
wow Op leave the natural pink lips
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Diamond23(f): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
I c nothing wrong with dat. Y would u wnt toend ur life overwot z not ur make or beyond u.....to be sincere dnt tink der z any medication for it xo stop wasting ur money Nd adapt to it. Carry urself with alluring confidence, surround urself wit positive vibes nd quit explaining cux even if u keep doing some will still not understand.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Jorkpast(m): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Sorry Man I Wish I Could Help You Buh Really Your LiPS Are freaking disgusting And Some May Be TellIng You Its Nothing. Buh amma Give It To You Straight > Do Something About It Fast And Quick.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by kingsfire: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
OneSentence:
I don't know if you are in Lagos but just two days ago I went to a home for the less privileged in Akoka. it's called Modupe-Cole. I met a man, 60 years of age. he can't speak, see or hear. he wasn't born that way. he was normal and even went to a private school till he was 10 years old. he's been in that home for at least 40 years. he stays on the same bed everyday. we were told that it's war just to get him to have his bath. I tried imagining what his mind would be like. I really felt pity for that man.

now back to you. you are able-bodied, a lawyer in the making, a handsome vibrant young man with a family, food to eat, money to spend and people that love you.
make a life out of yourself before you take what you can't create.

I wish I could pity u too but all my pity finished with that man and I have none left for you. next time I heat about u I wa to hear how you rose above this challenge. all the best bro.
You're a hope giver and it's a nice thing to be.
Thanks on his behalf

7 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Opinionated: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
cry I noticed the symptoms of Vitiligo on my lips around August last year..At first it was just a small patch but subsequently it began to spread to other parts of my lip and also outside the lower lip.

I get questions everyday asking me why my lips is like that... Some assume I got burnt by acid or fire... I'm a very confident guy so I don't really allow the insults and tantrums get to me..at least I try to hide it as much as I can.. But of recent it is becoming too much and I've told myself that if the spreading continues I would have no other option than to end my life because I cannot imagine living a life of stigma, pity and neglect.. I really can't cry

I have met severally with dermatologists and have bought several creams and drugs but all to no avail.. The spreading did not still stop.. Not to talk of repigmenting.

This has affected my social life in many ways, I can't boldly walk up to strangers anymore because I always have this feeling that they are looking at my lips.. I no longer have female friends and I'm always withdrawn inside my shell because of it... My self esteem is down to zero. The mere thought that I will live with this forever and it will never stop spreading has made me suicidal.

I got a camouflage tattoo but it wasn't effective upon all the pain I passed through.. Now the substance I use to cope with it is hair dye which I apply before going for my law classes in the morning ... I still wonder how I will be able to practice law with this kind of lips. cry

Please nairalanders help me with any advice that might be helpful to save a brother.

Don't be suicidal please.

How to Cope with Suicidal Thoughts

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by dowjones(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
cry I noticed the symptoms of Vitiligo on my lips around August last year..At first it was just a small patch but subsequently it began to spread to other parts of my lip and also outside the lower lip.

I get questions everyday asking me why my lips is like that... Some assume I got burnt by acid or fire... I'm a very confident guy so I don't really allow the insults and tantrums get to me..at least I try to hide it as much as I can.. But of recent it is becoming too much and I've told myself that if the spreading continues I would have no other option than to end my life because I cannot imagine living a life of stigma, pity and neglect.. I really can't cry

I have met severally with dermatologists and have bought several creams and drugs but all to no avail.. The spreading did not still stop.. Not to talk of repigmenting.

This has affected my social life in many ways, I can't boldly walk up to strangers anymore because I always have this feeling that they are looking at my lips.. I no longer have female friends and I'm always withdrawn inside my shell because of it... My self esteem is down to zero. The mere thought that I will live with this forever and it will never stop spreading has made me suicidal.

I got a camouflage tattoo but it wasn't effective upon all the pain I passed through.. Now the substance I use to cope with it is hair dye which I apply before going for my law classes in the morning ... I still wonder how I will be able to practice law with this kind of lips. cry

Please nairalanders help me with any advice that might be helpful to save a brother.

You should be proud of your uniqueness and be accepting of yourself. Dogs with unique traits as yours are more prized why can you have this mentality?

What you have is not a defect.

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
but the lips is having a negative psychological impact on my social life...from what I read online it would continue spreading...it is definitely going to affect my legal career. Imagine I am handling a case in court and the judge and jury are busy focusing on my Vitiligo lips... Who would want to employ me with my kind of lips embarassed
why are you thinking so bad of yourself?? Ordinary vitiligo lips? Just lookatew! Are you on a wheelchair? Do you have spinal cord injury?? Is one of your arms amputated? Dude Don't be ungrateful! Who's the judge or jury that wants to question your intelligence because of a skin condition? Stop applying any nonsense dye! Build your confidence around your flaws. Be proud of you, you're one of the rare humans with vitiligo in Nigeria, you're unique! You are your own beautiful!

By the way your lips is beautiful wink

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Restroom: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:

https://draxe.com/vitiligo-treatment/

Read this article and see if it helps.
The suggestion on using vit B12 and folic acid is particular interesting

3 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by dafemnet: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
Stop exposing ur self to too much sun and stop using facial cream except recommended by ur doctor.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Millenniumlady(f): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
anibi9674:
if you commit suicide who e consign.
You now GTF out of here

7 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by NanaF: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
It actually looks good.

Embrace it and accept it, since you can't change it. Read about it and educate others too when they ask questions.

You may even start getting compliments on it as soon as you get comfortable in your own skin

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by dowjones(m): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
mikejj:
.have u talked to your doctor..it might be a reaction from medicine that did not work properly in your system.

Nah it's not a reaction. It's just genetic. There's nothing he can do about it.

This whole body shaming thing started in recent history.. did you know many surnames we bear originated from some physical defects our ancestors had.

Then they joked about these things. And even passed the name to their children.

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by obaataaokpaewu: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
You will finally get tired of hiding it later. Just live your life
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by princeFAD: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
yettymuse:
why are you thinking so bad of yourself?? Ordinary vitiligo lips? Just lookatew! Are you on a wheelchair? Do you have spinal cord injury?? Is one of your arms amputated? Dude Don't be ungrateful! Who's the judge or jury that wants to question your intelligence because of a skin condition? Stop applying any nonsense dye! Build your confidence around your flaws. Be proud of you, you're one of the rare humans with vitiligo in Nigeria, you're unique! You are your own beautiful!

By the way your lips is beautiful wink

Exactly my submission. The lips makes you more handsome bro. Don't make it an issue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Jorkpast(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
Wait . Hope It Not What Am Thinking sha ? ;DWait . Hope It Not What Am Thinking sha ? #SCIENCE STUDENTS
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Adekdammy: 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
wetin make lelethi khumalo (sarafina) come do?

bro learn to live with it. the real you is the you on the inside and not the container(your body)
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by ChiefSweetus: 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
Vitiligo isnt yout problem.. self esteem is.
See your fine boy lips you are busy worrying about ordinary vitiligo that people are using to model abroad.
You are attractive, forget this non-issue. If you see people with real problems eh? They aren't even giving their deformities any thought. Thriving and loving and living.

P.s. it is an irreversible condition. The dye just makes you look stupid. Own that bìtch and exude the confidence of a motherfùcker who knows he's the shit! Vitiligo is only as noticeable as your mind allows it be.

12 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by mystiquemaestro(m): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2018
I see so many persons here making very ignorant and insensitive comments here about something they know little or nothing about, the pain, the struggles and the burdens it comes with.

Everything does not have to be a joke; you can try being a comedian but quit playing with sensitive issues.

OP, just brace yourself for the future and learn to handle the stares, questions and bullying with boldness. Above all, be in prayers, nothing is impossible.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Save The Vagina Now, It Is Your Treasure / Young Man Attempts Suicide, Jumps From 3rd Mainland Bridge (video + Graphics) / Empty Isolation Centre In Kano: Man Shares Video, Says Reported 800 Cases A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.