Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,820 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility (1683 Views)

Wike Mocks Amaechi, Says ‘I Taught Him A Lesson In Politics’ / The Sad End Of Sunday Igboho / The Story Of Bode Thomas, Who Died Barking Like Dog After Insulting A King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by tomakint: 2:55am On Jul 06, 2018
STORY OF BODE THOMAS - SAD END OF AN EXCELLENT LAWYER-A LESSON IN HUMILITY

Bode Thomas, yes, the same Bode Thomas, whom the Surulere street was named after, died on Nov 23, 1953 in a most mysterious manner.

Bode Thomas was born to a wealthy trader, John thomas in 1918.
Himself, FRA Williams and Remi Fani-Kayode (Father of Femi Fani-Kayode) attended Law School in London, and they established the first law firm in Nigeria, called "Thomas, Williams and Kayode".
The law firm was established in Jankara, Lagos.

Bode Thomas was an excellent lawyer, but he was also very *arrogant*.

Because of his education, he was made chairman of the Oyo Divisional Council at one time, while the King of Oyo, Alaafin Adeyemi, (the father of the current Alaafin) was a mere member.

On Bode Thomas' first appearance in council after being appointed chairman, all council members stood up for him in deference, to welcome him, except Oba Adeyemi, who, for cultural reasons, should not show deference to anyone in public, not even his mother.

Bode Thomas rudely shouted at the King"...WHY WERE YOU SITTING WHEN I WALKED IN? YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHOW RESPECT?"

At that time, Bode Thomas was 34 years, while the Alaafin was in his 60's.

The Alaafin felt very insulted. He said "SE EMI LO NGBO MO BAUN?" (Is it me that you are barking at like that?)
Bode Thomas responded by shouting some English sentences which the Alaafin didnt understand, so the Alaafin just told him... *"MA GBO LO"* *(continue barking)*.

The confrontation happened on November 22nd, 1953. Bode Thomas got home and started *barking*.

*He barked and barked and barked like a dog all night until he died in the early morning of November 23rd, 1953*.
Bode Thomas was the Balogun of Oyo.

*So, when next you drive on BODE THOMAS STREET in SURULERE, LAGOS, remember that man, who cut his own life short because of his arrogance and naughtiness*.

Friends, *pride* comes before *destruction*, *humility* will take you to *high places* no matter what!

Do have a lovely day with humility.

Bless you!

Copied

7 Likes

Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:57am On Jul 06, 2018
PRIDE COMES BEFORE DESTRUCTION

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:21am On Jul 06, 2018
Hmmmmmm
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by LordBaggins: 3:30am On Jul 06, 2018
Reminds me of the popular saying, "pride goes before a fall" Read full story below https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/obas-go-exile/
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by Adeoludt(m): 4:22am On Jul 06, 2018
Okay
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by johnmartus(m): 4:28am On Jul 06, 2018
cool wow that's a good revelation.
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 06, 2018
Excellent story for this generation.. Sunny Ade sang”Mo beru Agba...Agba nbo a kan e o ee”
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by Born2Breed(f): 5:26am On Jul 06, 2018
I doubt this story.

Bode Thomas was the Balogun of Oyo and insulted the Aalafin of Oyo.

The same Aalafin made him the Balogun,he knelt and bowed to receive his blessings during the ceremony and then turned around to insult him.

Source please.
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by boss1310(m): 5:31am On Jul 06, 2018
I used to believe stories like these during my primary schooling

1 Like

Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by edo3(m): 6:04am On Jul 06, 2018
Eleyi gidi gan...
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by IgboBasthard: 6:49am On Jul 06, 2018
Story by flat headed okonkwo
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by Vornic: 7:25am On Jul 06, 2018
Tales by moonlight, fake story that can only be believed by the gullible
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by SalamRushdie: 7:47am On Jul 06, 2018
This story is a fantasy of the OPs imagination
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by MufasaRebirth: 8:06am On Jul 06, 2018
This is Superstory grin
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by columbus007(m): 8:08am On Jul 06, 2018
let me pitch my tent here and watch how the yorubas come for that your head. smiley
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by chinonyinye: 10:02am On Jul 06, 2018
hmm... Nawaa o. re you sure it wasn't rabies or something else that killed him?
Re: Story Of Bode Thomas - Sad End Of An Excellent Lawyer-a Lesson In Humility by OKUCHI11(m): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
tomakint:
STORY OF BODE THOMAS - SAD END OF AN EXCELLENT LAWYER-A LESSON IN HUMILITY

Bode Thomas, yes, the same Bode Thomas, whom the Surulere street was named after, died on Nov 23, 1953 in a most mysterious manner.

Bode Thomas was born to a wealthy trader, John thomas in 1918.
Himself, FRA Williams and Remi Fani-Kayode (Father of Femi Fani-Kayode) attended Law School in London, and they established the first law firm in Nigeria, called "Thomas, Williams and Kayode".
The law firm was established in Jankara, Lagos.

Bode Thomas was an excellent lawyer, but he was also very *arrogant*.

Because of his education, he was made chairman of the Oyo Divisional Council at one time, while the King of Oyo, Alaafin Adeyemi, (the father of the current Alaafin) was a mere member.

On Bode Thomas' first appearance in council after being appointed chairman, all council members stood up for him in deference, to welcome him, except Oba Adeyemi, who, for cultural reasons, should not show deference to anyone in public, not even his mother.

Bode Thomas rudely shouted at the King"...WHY WERE YOU SITTING WHEN I WALKED IN? YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHOW RESPECT?"

At that time, Bode Thomas was 34 years, while the Alaafin was in his 60's.

The Alaafin felt very insulted. He said "SE EMI LO NGBO MO BAUN?" (Is it me that you are barking at like that?)
Bode Thomas responded by shouting some English sentences which the Alaafin didnt understand, so the Alaafin just told him... *"MA GBO LO"* *(continue barking)*.

The confrontation happened on November 22nd, 1953. Bode Thomas got home and started *barking*.

*He barked and barked and barked like a dog all night until he died in the early morning of November 23rd, 1953*.
Bode Thomas was the Balogun of Oyo.

*So, when next you drive on BODE THOMAS STREET in SURULERE, LAGOS, remember that man, who cut his own life short because of his arrogance and naughtiness*.

Friends, *pride* comes before *destruction*, *humility* will take you to *high places* no matter what!

Do have a lovely day with humility.

Bless you!

Copied
...thought it was just a myth...

(1) (Reply)

27 European Countries Represented At Atiku's Turbaning Today / IGP Idris Appoints Tinubu’s Ex-cso, Egbetokun, As Acting Lagos CP / Staunch PDP Member Arrested And Brutalized By Soldiers In Rivers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.