Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (26098 Views)

Landlord In Enugu State Locks Court Over Arrears Of Rent / Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:14am On Jul 06, 2018
obembet:

Thank you for taking time to read the message...don't mind all those headliners
#RESPECT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by Articul8(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2018
Even Benin Republic pays in arrears. But in Nigeria,everything is different. We always against the conventional practices in sane societies
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by babyfaceafrica: 7:18am On Jul 06, 2018
super story..easier said than done
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by 2nattie(m): 7:20am On Jul 06, 2018
flyca:
Na you build house for the landlord undecided

God bless you. AMEN!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by emmie14: 7:24am On Jul 06, 2018
post=69123830:
Fashola said , “If you ask me to go and bring in advance one year ’ s rent from what I’ m going to earn monthly in arrears , how feasible is that?
“ Even my salary as a minister is paid at the end of every month, not even at the beginning; then you the landlord is now asking me to bring next year ’ s salary, and we’ re complaining that there’ s corruption

This is how it is done in a sane society.
I pray we get there soon.
Which society? I lived and worked in south Africa and Holland, rents is in advance everywhere in sane countries. Buhari and his lame administration should release money to the society. Pay civil servants and contractors what is due for them and on time . With this every sane person can pay bills.
What if the tenant runaway after living in arrears?
Useless statement from useless government.
APC need your vote. They have started saying what is not obtainable.
Pay workers their entitlements and better their lives instead of pushing them to debts.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by Aboguede(m): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2018
highsurge:
Do they (builders) buy building materials in arrears? This is a case of diversionary misplaced priority.... Say something!

Building investment is not buying and selling.

To Make money from rent is not a short plan but always long term.

Landlords are simply taking advantage of bad law enforcement in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by adecz: 7:26am On Jul 06, 2018
undecided undecided undecided

This intelligent man has been
infected with the mediocrity of
Buhari govt.

Imagine a top govt functionary
reasoning in an upside down manner.

All the govt should do is to continually
build lowcost housing in an "owner occupier"
policy & shylock landlords will come to order.

Housing for low income & middle income
families are alway major policies of
responsible govts worldwide, but not Nigeria.

Why can State & federal govt, not build 2000 &
20000 units yearly & sell to the public to pay
in 10 years?

The cost will be much lower than what
ministers, govs, senators etc embezzle every year.

This is not rocket science.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by millhouse: 7:31am On Jul 06, 2018
Kendumazy:
Fashola should forget that idea, it won't work in naija. Some Nigerians are very wicked. Even yearly rent pay, landlord still dey get problems with tenants for rent pay. If it's a lie. Go and ask property lawyers.

Rent pay is what most pensioners lives on. Shey na the one wey him eye done see bad things from a tenant from yearly pay you wan advise to accept monthly or weekly pay?

Police stations and courts go full with house rent complaints. The police and courts too should be prepared.

Cheap quality phones? Check my signature.
I swear ..imagine disturbing a tenant who who has a penchant on late payment of rent every month..u wan give the land lord high BP be that

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by Masterppower: 7:34am On Jul 06, 2018
Fashola still collects even two years rent in advance on his properties....

Why all these his hypocrisy?

APC is terrible. Cursed party with cursed followers

1 Like

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by edonks1: 7:35am On Jul 06, 2018
he should be on marijuana his breakfast

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:36am On Jul 06, 2018
grin Mr Fashola is a very funny man
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by basic23111: 7:38am On Jul 06, 2018
Two things I must have b4 2019, my PVC and my VISA, either he goes or I go, there's nothing like we die here
Ayam tired��

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by chillychill(f): 7:38am On Jul 06, 2018
IgboBasthard:
Your head no correct Mr MINISTER! You should be helping distressed landlords to recover their money from the EVIL tenants mostly IBOS.

I will leave my house empty instead of renting to those people.

Read you will not read,u won't want pple with sensitive talks to comment on fp before u type your "a"shut up u won't. Sigh look at how you are disgracing yourself now. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:46am On Jul 06, 2018
Some of us here will be commenting it's a Wlcm development, govt should implement it etc... Do you guys really know how much it cost to put up a standing structures even at the cost of building do you really know how government agency task builders during building, even building materials no be moi moi sometimes site construction are exposed to theft and some other vices at the end some tenants will still get mind to own rent. Wot a yama yama something embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by pssnlimited4all: 7:48am On Jul 06, 2018
They should start by allowing landlords to pay for C of O and building approvals in arrears. Story that touch.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by justifyme(m): 7:50am On Jul 06, 2018
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by ifyalways(f): 7:51am On Jul 06, 2018
Fayose should go and rest for one corner abeg.

Is he ignorant of the existence of easily accessed and readily available housing loans, mortgage and grants in those developed, sane countries? So i should deprieve myself of many pleasures and lusts just so i can save to buy land, cement sand etc at skytocketing prices, settle omonile and come and collect rent in arrears?

Oniranu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 06, 2018
How feasible is that? In saner climes, landlords don't pay through their nose to erect their buildings. Landlords don't use all their income/savings to acquire lands. What will a landlord who only rented out two flats and gets paid 40k per unit do with his 80k at the end of every month? Some tenants will still owe even if you give them the grace to pay everyday.

Fasola, ko le wek! First fix the economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by Femijohn198: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2018
Is only in Nigeria some peoples would reject this change policy.And some people keep praying Nigeria go beta,Nigeria can only be better when we welcome the policy.In united state of America, private owners don't build houses.Government build houses and give it out in low payment for everyone. That is the reason you see Nigeria citizens will go there to hustle, after two month of getting job,it find it easy to accommodate himself.
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by gare(f): 8:03am On Jul 06, 2018
dre11:

http://punchng.com/fashola-tells-landlords-to-collect-rents-in-arrears/

Because I built the house in arrears, then try and pay the workers on time and as at when due, you govt have failed in your responsibilities and now what the landlords to bear the consequences of your failures. So your properties you gave to the banks and other companies you also collect your rents in arrears?

You guys should look for ways to improve on the welfare on the citizens rather making baseless pleas, for your information, school fees, medical bill, transport fare and the rest are not paid in arrears, so how do you want the landlord to manage his home and affairs. Try and rethink this your plea is there any sense in it

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by aribisala0(m): 8:10am On Jul 06, 2018
post=69123815:
Those who get paid weekly , pay their rents weekly ; those who get paid monthly , pay monthly rents , ” Fashola stated.
According to him , the masses , unlike the well to do in the society , cannot afford to pay their house rents in advance.

Truer words have never been spoken .
How we hope this can be a LAW ASAP !
Why not make a law to build houses?

What is a landlord's business with when tenant is paid?

Providing housing for the poor is not the business of private landlords. Fashola should stop seeking to tansfer the responsibility of government.

Let government build houses and become landlords and if they like they can forego the rent.

In those places Fashola is talking about interest rates are under 5% what is th interest rate in Nigeria

The issue in housing is demand and supply.

There is a housing shortage and that is what needs fixing not making laws to favour one side in a MARKET.

What next laws for free food and transport?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by tiwiex(m): 8:11am On Jul 06, 2018
kingphilip:
I think those supplying the building materials should also wait for payment at the completion of the building and the beginning of the payment of rents

Instead of him to go meet government and start building low cost houses for the masses he's passing the government inefficiencies to the landlords

Nonsense

I think he also forgot that the houses he refers to were build using mortgage and mortgage payment was monthly. So land Lords just need enough to manage mortgage. Is that what we have here? I think the man is managing too many critical positions.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by augustineokoro(m): 8:13am On Jul 06, 2018
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by aribisala0(m): 8:15am On Jul 06, 2018
Femijohn198:
Is only in Nigeria some peoples would reject this change policy.And some people keep praying Nigeria go beta,Nigeria can only be better when we welcome the policy.In united state of America, private owners don't build houses.Government build houses and give it out in low payment for everyone. That is the reason you see Nigeria citizens will go there to hustle, after two month of getting job,it find it easy to accommodate himself.

Private owners don't build houses in the US?
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by aribisala0(m): 8:17am On Jul 06, 2018
People just open their mouths and talk nonsense

Housing needs a policy that makes LONG TERM credit. 20, 30 year long loans at low interest. e.g in the US interest rates are about 4% for 25 year mortgages.

So if you buy a 10 million house you pay 52000 a month and over 25 years you pay 15 million over 25 years. In Nigeria you have to find the 10 million in one lump.

Instead of address the lack of capital/finance to increase housing supply he is talking jazz.

How many people can find 10 million in Nigeria today? What kind of House can 10 million get you?

Personally the only kind of property I can invest in in Nigeria s commercial. Shops and malls.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by ipobarethieves: 8:17am On Jul 06, 2018
sad sad lipsrsealed sad embarassed embarassed sad lipsrsealed
Aare2050:
Are you an unemployed graduate or undergraduate full house wife/sit at home mothers, salary earner or hand craft shop owner? hoping to gain financial freedom before the end of this year?

act now, check my signature
Do not procrastinate
undecided
Aare2050:
Are you an unemployed graduate or undergraduate full house wife/sit at home mothers, salary earner or hand craft shop owner? hoping to gain financial freedom before the end of this year?

act now, check my signature
Do not procrastinate
ur hair style plus teeth dey make me fear u.Continue with ur teaching job/farm biz for now.If possible, join laundry with am.Dnt go ask for money wey go hook ur throat.E go beta oo
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by stawarts(m): 8:21am On Jul 06, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
hisgrace090:
The problem is that fashola is still urging and begging, this means nothing until you make it mandatory by law.

Neverdeless, a good suggestion.
you can only beg them oo if you make it a law you won't be surprise that you will start paying a year rent for a month rent....ask lagosian what happened when fashola gov force the lagos landlord to collect a year rent instead of 2 years when moving into new apartment.
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 06, 2018
flyca:
Na you build house for the landlord undecided
The problem he created for the Landlord in Lagos is still there. If Fashola want to help tenant, he can build low cost housing for them and be collecting his rent in arrears. He should leave private landlords alone.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by poseidon12: 8:26am On Jul 06, 2018
Exactly. It does not make sense collecting rent in advance. This encourages corruption. Government should come down hard on landlords that demand more than 3 months rent in advance.
But government should also make it easier to eject a bad tenant.
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by poseidon12: 8:31am On Jul 06, 2018
IgboBasthard:

You go wait tired, na you build the house?

Illiterate. Please go to school.
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by spiritedtete: 8:33am On Jul 06, 2018
Look at Just Cotonou here... they pay per month... Nigeria has a greedy society
Re: Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears by aribisala0(m): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2018
poseidon12:
Exactly. It does not make sense collecting rent in advance. This encourages corruption. Government should come down hard on landlords that demand more than 3 months rent in advance.
But government should also make it easier to eject a bad tenant.

That is how Buhari thinks or thought in 1984

If I have capital to invest in an economy where government is coming "down hard" on landlords would I build a house?

Why only landlords?

Why not come down hard on garri and rice sellers to make food cheap?

This your comment is very sensible sha lipsrsealed.

Truth is markets work on demand and supply.

Housing supply is short and that is where the focus should be.

What is the ratio of Houses to people now and what does government aspire to.? How do we get from A to B and how long will it take.

Any idea of coming down hard on businessmen is just disguised communism

Why not tell airlines to collect their money when they arrive at their destinations

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LAND DOCUMENT OR TITLE To Know Before Buying Property In Lagos #Safety first / !!PROMO!! We Sell Fitted Kitchen FREE Kitchen Cabinet DESIGN !!! Picture speaks / Cost Of Building Event Centre/multi-purpose Halls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.