Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? (641 Views)

"I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments / What Are The Things I Would Regret If I Don't Do Before Thirty Years Of Age? / Viral Video Of The Lady Seen Topless On A Bike On Lekki Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by SkyUrch(m): 8:17am On Jul 06, 2018
Hello Everyone,
There's this girl I'm seeing now, and we are really going on fine. I've made my intentions known to her, and even gone to see her folks. I've made her to know that I'm not a 'hot shot' yet, but we can grow together.
I feel I should go ahead and let her know how much I earn, so she'll at least have an idea.
Will that be a good idea?
What do you think guys?
Please let me know your views. It will be appreciated.
Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by Alphafeezay(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2018
Depends on the type of girl she is....

did she know how much you earn before agreeing to roll with you?

is she demanding?
will she demand more or less knowing how much you earn?
Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by SkyUrch(m): 8:32am On Jul 06, 2018
No I didn't tell her before we started.
And No, she's not demanding.
I appreciate your opinion
Alphafeezay:
Depends on the type of girl she is....

did she know how much you earn before agreeing to roll with you?

is she demanding?
will she demand more or less knowing how much you earn?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by viyon02: 8:50am On Jul 06, 2018
Don't even think about it: ladies are funny dot let her know your worth.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by doubleportion: 8:53am On Jul 06, 2018
If you are not getting serious about it to point of preparing for marriage I think it's too early. As long as you are yet to discuss about how to sustain the marriage financially you need to hold on and continue to know each other more.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by SkyUrch(m): 9:03am On Jul 06, 2018
Am really serious on settling with her..
I've seen her parents about it.
That's why I'm considering telling her.
Thanks for your opinion
doubleportion:
If you are not getting serious about it to point of preparing for marriage I think it's too early. As long as you are yet to discuss about how to sustain the marriage financially you need to hold on and continue to know each other more.
Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by ogayemiolumide(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2018
don't tell,
wait till she ask.
and when she does, tell her u earn 70% of what u really earn.

Reasons :
1) she get to plan on a low budget. (a wise person will make d best out of it (Matthew 25:14-30 )

2) you get to keep 30% .
a) make ur own plans
b) assist others, (ur in-laws, ur parents, friends, etc)
c) beer money
d) surprise her from time to time (trust me, it maintains a healthy relationship)
Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:34am On Jul 06, 2018
since you have already made it clear to her that you aint a baller, then by all means, tell her so that she doesnt have any foolish expectations on your person.

you certainly shouldnt lie about it (like someone above mentionned) as you want to build a strong respectful and trustworthy r/ship....and starting with lies aint it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by marvelli(f): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2018
If you want to settle down with someone then its only right that you let the lady know what you earn. Its not like things will change between the two of you after all she's been just fine with you all this while. Except you've been borrowing to spend on her sha, that's another problem all together.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by SkyUrch(m): 11:10am On Jul 06, 2018
Nice one...
Thanks bro
ogayemiolumide:
don't tell,
wait till she ask.
and when she does, tell her u earn 70% of what u really earn.

Reasons :
1) she get to plan on a low budget. (a wise person will make d best out of it (Matthew 25:14-30 )

2) you get to keep 30% .
a) make ur own plans
b) assist others, (ur in-laws, ur parents, friends, etc)
c) beer money
d) surprise her from time to time (trust me, it maintains a healthy relationship)

Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by SkyUrch(m): 11:12am On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks bro
MrBrownJay1:
since you have already made it clear to her that you aint a baller, then by all means, tell her so that she doesnt have any foolish expectations on your person.

you certainly shouldnt lie about it (like someone above mentionned) as you want to build a strong respectful and trustworthy r/ship....and starting with lies aint it.
Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by SkyUrch(m): 11:13am On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks dear
marvelli:
If you want to settle down with someone then its only right that you let the lady know what you earn. Its not like things will change between the two of you after all she's been just fine with you all this while. Except you've been borrowing to spend on her sha, that's another problem all together.
Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by doubleportion: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
SkyUrch:
Am really serious on settling with her..
I'vef her parents about it.
That's why I'm considering telling her.
Thanks for your opinion

Then you can now use your instincts after much evaluation. But,meanwhile, the only person you can trust is you, you need to sure that she is committed to the marriage with you ,not selfish in her opinion,decode every act of smartness, marriage is different from relationship. One marriage is also different to another due to different personalities involved.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok If I Tell The Lady I Intend To Marry How Much I Earn? by SkyUrch(m): 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks
doubleportion:

Then you can now use your instincts after much evaluation. But,meanwhile, the only person you can trust is you, you need to sure that she is committed to the marriage with you ,not selfish in her opinion,decode every act of smartness, marriage is different from relationship. One marriage is also different to another due to different personalities involved.

(1) (Reply)

. / The Flying Preacher [VIDEO] / Suspicious Verification SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.