Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:12 AM

5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi (22114 Views)

The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. / Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss / Power Supply Still Poor, Operations Unstable 6 Years After Privatisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 10:33am On Jul 06, 2018
Corruption starts because of fear. What am I going to feed my family with? How am I going to pay the school fees? Then after the first major benefits of corruption is achieved it becomes a way of life. This way of life is then thought to others in the society.

The problem remains that most Africans struggle to create wealth because they don't understand basic principle of money and how the financial world works. This is one of the reasons Africans are poor. What You See Is Not What Is There. (WYSINWIT). Remember that. People don't understand how $25,000 can turn into $2.1 million in 20 years. If they did, they would probably choose that model to protect their financial future. The other reasons our people remain poor are:

1. They carry too many problems on their head from family. Distance relatives. They call it culture. The Africa culture create poverty faster than people can get out of it. Every individual is created with the power to struggle and succeed. They justs have to use that power. There is no Jesus for every family. If you are the Jesus or Joseph in your family, it is probably the time to stop because you are sowing poverty for yourself and the rest of the family.

2. What Africans call investments is wastage of money. The Dutch people calls it "Kapitaal Vernietiging" which means capital destruction. Buying expensive cars when you cannot really afford it or can do with just a simple ride. Expensive wrist watches just to tell time, expensive parties etc. Some poor Africans spend over $25000 yearly on luxury items . That is $2.1 million compounded in 20 years that is wasted today.

Some people I know are actually able to do this for 10 years straight..Which means they can actually have an income of over $2.2 million per year for 10 years over 20 years times and be one of the elite rich. That without corruption.

3. African man wants to waste money at home but he calls it investment. Just drive around the streets of any GRA in Nigeria to see very large houses dilapidating without maintenance because those that built them cannot maintain them anymore. This is capital destruction. But it is culture.

Europeans and Asians for example invest all over the world. They take the wealth from the investment to build their homes but don't eat or destroy the capital. Capital is called Seed Money. We go overseas and slave for them then bring the seed money we got back home and destroy the capital and go back to slave again.

4. Wealth is accumulated. The white people became this rich because most of the wealth were accumulated over hundreds of years. Many of the wealth as you know came from Africa, but they kept them and preserved them. You can still find the first mercedes Benz car that was build. If it was in Africa, you cannot find it back. So wealth has to be created and passed from one generation to the other.

5. Black people all over the world are consumers. We don't produce much, not even food and we are not ashamed of it. In fact, we are proud of it. The consumer is always the slave of the producer. It is the producer that makes the money and determine what a consumer must eat, wear, drive and how to live. A group of people who are consumers can never be rich and we remain technically slaves. today only Black people in the world fit this model.

You can change this narrative.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=407894956383285&id=158338594672257

81 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by wickyyolo: 10:56am On Jul 06, 2018
Deep embarassed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by CriticMaestro: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2018
The main reason why we are poor is our greed and wickedness...and the witches in our various villages are also not helping

As a Nigerian, don’t let Nigeria stand in your way of finding your true country.

Go get that VISA.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
All of these can be summarised as: Low IQ. Which makes it impossible for creativity to thrive. I mentioned being a consumer society on a thread and one guy came attacking me. To be rich you have to create something for the poor to consume and charge them because they don't have capacity and out of the box thinking to produce. However, if the poor man can think out of the box, he is able to bargain and empower himself to that point where he can start producing. The case with China and Singapore. I totally agree with living expensive and wasting capital. We don't provide solutions to problems rather we cut corners. Mental laziness. What will my child eat? Let me farm or go hunt... right answer, let me look to provide solution to a problem and make money.. right answer.. not stealing public funds. The unfortunate part is we have leaders who do not have progressive minds. If only all our leaders can just be "kagame". It will take less than 20 years to transform Africa.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by SolutionsGuy: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
True! 1, 4 & 5 especially.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ask your self have you ever seen a Black man as talented as Messi, Ronaldo etc ?

Its a biology thingy!!! The way Black people are wired... they will forever remain a "third world".

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Aare2050(m): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
Very correct.

To escape the mentioned points above

check my signature, you can make cool cash using your facebook

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Thebwoy: 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
We are poor because we are blacks
Wherever two or more black person gather, there must be epitome of poverty

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
on point.

check my profile pic
Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by LazyNairalander(m): 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
I agree with number 2 in totality.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by booblacain(m): 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
it all boils down to over bloated egos and lack of principles.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by iamprofralph: 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
Including witches and wizards

They also contributes to poverty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Horlaarsco: 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
Bitter
Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
........not forgetting
Hatred.
Envy.
Tribalism.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by zuchyblink(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
U will see Nigerians avoiding this thread. Our government are the chief culprits

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Thebwoy:
We are poor because we are blacks
Wherever two or more black person gather, there must be epitome of poverty
Boomerang bigot on the loose.
What about dangote, or otedola?

14 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by ednut1(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
Whether we admit it ot not. The black mans prob is in his dna

13 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by deskhal(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
Everyone always talking about the problems...What about the solution?

13 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
iamprofralph:
Including witches and wizards

They also contributes to poverty
You are right. Belief in imaginary entities like the above has switched off the brains of so many intelligent nigerians

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2018
I just don't really believe Nigerian are poor, minority always falls victim.
Every country is endowed, but not every one is equip.
Who am I, I know nothing!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Demogorgon(m): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2018
Africa and backwardness is like Bread and Beans

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Elkay3: 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Ask your self have you ever seen a Black man as talented as Messi, Ronaldo etc ?

Its a biology thingy!!! The way Black people are wired... they will forever remain a "third world".

You mean the way some people's "biology" is "wired" to think?
Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
ednut1:
Whether we admit it ot not. The black mans prob is in his dna
Racist. Speak for yourself bro.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by oludarekehinde(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2018
Just on point
Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by kaykaymcb(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
Contact me for your premium logo for your business...For proof of my work, click the link in my signature.
Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
He forgot to add bad governance.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Whobedatte(m): 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
abiodunalasa:

George opong weah lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by Deanny(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
Religion is one of the major reasons. If not number 1

12 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by naijacentric(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
abiodunalasa:

is jay jay not beta dan both u av a chronic inferiority complex besides are dey talkin of footballers monkey!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi by hesilo(m): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
Greed... Wickedness... Selfishness... Tribalism. Killed Africa.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President / Buhari Appoints Matilda As SSA On Employment And Job Creation / Saraki, Dogara Reject N10bn Official Quarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.