Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Why Tourist Should Visit Lagos, Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Tourist Should Visit Lagos, Nigeria (2237 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / 10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Tourist Should Visit Lagos, Nigeria by olukojo: 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2010
Lagos Nigeria should not be missed out by tourists and Holiday makers. Lagos is not the first travel destination people think about when planning a holiday, for a start the Air Fares and Accommodation are expensive compared to other African Cities.

But I think Lagos in Nigeria has a lot to offer visitors and Holiday makers, there are some budget hotels in Lagos, I found a couple on http://www.hostels247.com/ that have very good prices, like Travel House Budget Hotel, in Lekki, Lekki Budget Lodge and Citi Lodge Lagos the prices start at about $45 USD. I stayed at Lekki Budget Lodge last time I was in Lagos for 2 weeks and it was a good place.

Another must in my opinion is to hire a car with driver when you want to go around, which can be organised by a lot of Hotels, it is not advised to take public transport or Okada (Taxi Motor Bikes) in Lagos unless you have a very good knowledge of the city and are not safety conscious. I hired a car and driver for a couple of days which was a great help as it was all organised by the Lekki Budge Lodge where I was staying.

There is not much you can do about the expensive flights, but if your not fussy about when you travel there are some deals at certain times of the year, so you can save a little money if your lucky, or if you don't mind stop over and not a direct flight, if your travelling from Europe.

Once in Lagos there are lots of things to do, from the usual, shopping, cinema and bowling in places like as Palm Shopping Centre and Silverbird Galleria, You can visit National Theatre or just relax at the beach, lLagos has a vast variety of food, from local to international, eating out does not have to be in an expensive restaurant, just ask anyone, they will show you where the best foods are.

Lagos has just as many things to do and see as any other top travel destination worldwide so when you next think about a holiday. Think about Lagos, Nigeria.

The key to enjoying a holiday in Lagos is to be open to new experiences, tastes and sights the city has a lot to offer the intrepid traveller.

(1) (Reply)

Shengen Visa Now Available To Estonia And Others (abuja) / Life In Bida!!! / My Trip To Ilesha... Osun State.Met some lovely kids there that got my attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.