Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable (39612 Views)

Black Soot: Early Morning Weather Condition In Rivers State / Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) / Man Slumps And Dies On The Road During Early Morning Jogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by sureboykris(m): 5:49am On Jul 07, 2018
Greetings everyone. My name is Kris and I reside in Anambra.
There's this growing trend which is affecting myself and my family - Early morning preachers.
These people have made my life a living hell.
Sometimes as early as 4:30am these people wake you up with loudspeakers.
Problem is that sometimes I get back late and sleep late and barely have enough hours to sleep before starting a new day. Sometimes my baby keeps us awake till the early hours of the morning and just when we're about to catch some sleep, they arrive.. Sometimes 3 different groups preach at the same time.
I now have frequent headaches and have developed some form of early morning anxiety (i dread the noise of the megaphone).
Please what do I do? Is this a matter for the police(as I feel they're disturbing public peace) or do I just see a doctor to help me cope with my sleep problems.
Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks

155 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by anuma1(m): 5:55am On Jul 07, 2018
Involving nigerian police is a wastage of money. Relocate if possible

181 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by dingbang(m): 5:59am On Jul 07, 2018
Sadly, your governor don't act like fashola, else he would have sacked all of them a long time ago. Personally I don't tolerate bullsheet.

Fbn customers I have good news for you on my signature.. wink

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by beautygboel(f): 6:01am On Jul 07, 2018
sorry dear i feel ur pain, i will honestly suggest you move except the building is yours

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by sureboykris(m): 6:39am On Jul 07, 2018
The problem with moving is that the new place might be worse.
I feel so unhappy that I've to consider moving cause my fellow humans are inconsiderate

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by hisgrace090: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2018
I should have abvice you discuss it with them one on one, but the problem is that they may label it as work of demons witches and wizards.

330 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by dominique(f): 7:20am On Jul 07, 2018
Three preaching at the same time? That's serious! The way people take religious matter, one would think they're no evil people in this country but na lie, na them wicked pass. Sorry your plight op, continuous sleep deprivation can affect your physical and mental health. You need to have a chat with these preachers and let them know how all that preaching is taking a toll on your health. They don't have to use loudspeakers to pass their messages accross. It's advisable to involve key members of your neighbourhood in the dialogue.

190 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by tayo4ng(m): 7:23am On Jul 07, 2018
Hmmmmm, how do i believe these history of 3 different group coming to preach at the same time even if your neighborhood is where the African shrine is located.

32 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Aare2050(m): 7:24am On Jul 07, 2018
More reasons Nigeria was labeled the poorest country, see how they are frustrating this man's family with their religious activities.

In other news:

Are you an unemployed graduate or undergraduate full house wife/sit at home mothers, salary earner or hand craft shop owner? hoping to gain financial freedom before the end of this year?

act now, check my signature
Do not procrastinate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by calddon(m): 7:24am On Jul 07, 2018
@op, I feel ur pain n megaphones are getting annoyingly louder these days.
U must not preach at the top of ur electronic device to convince another especially at an ungodly hour.

Thank God for Lagos

5 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Apina(m): 7:25am On Jul 07, 2018
Go to the police and make a formal report, public nuisance and disturbance of public peace is a crime. If the police choose to do nothing, get a medical report and take it down to their station and threaten to add them to the law suit for damage done to your health if they do nothing undecided

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:25am On Jul 07, 2018
Be born again by force, by fire!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:25am On Jul 07, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Quality20(m): 7:25am On Jul 07, 2018
are u not a xtian? u shd b happy cos u are now taking double double preaching, no more need to go to church or pay tithes.
on a serious note, wake up and talk to them or have a street meeting with ur neighbors ,so u guys set up some form of neighborhood watch who will b confronting these ppl. If all that can't work, then hire some fake or real security men who can threaten n intimidate them

5 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Anigreat: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2018
shocked

Just see this one

Instead of Thanking God that you're hearing the undiluted word of God for free, you're here making noise.

mtchewwwww.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Primusinterpares(m): 7:26am On Jul 07, 2018
I understand how you feel bro...

Kindly shot your windows... this might reduce the sound entering your house.

I love hearing the word of God o...
but the way we live our lives as christains speaks louder than that megaphone that's disturbing people.

let out lives preach the gospel...

I love the word of God o...
but i don't support noise pollution.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Goodplace: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2018
Bullshit..... Not bull sheet

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by nawtyme: 7:27am On Jul 07, 2018
Be happy that there is no mosque around you. Theirs is 5 times a day.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by bobokeshington: 7:27am On Jul 07, 2018
Instead of you to join them in preaching the gospel you are there complaining...are you not a Christian?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by lamideee(f): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2018
Sorry
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by MsFaith: 7:27am On Jul 07, 2018
angryIt's time you call a neighborhood meeting with your community and discuss your pains and how to stop the preachers from constituting such nuisance anymore, your neighbourhood maybe facing the same issue undecided and not know how to go about it, but together you can stop them. Many heads are better than 1.

#myonepercent smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2018
What of me that lives near a mosque? Their prayers start at about 4am. I am used to it jare.

The problem I see here is that you hardly have enough sleep before 4am. Early morning preachers also compound the problem for you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2018
Reading Proverbs 27:14 to them will solve your problem.

You can write it as a note and respectfully hand it over to them to read at their leisure.

Pls don't forget to thank me

@ sureboykris

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:28am On Jul 07, 2018
Op, just go and report to the Police. Though we always overlook it, public disturbance is a crime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by 30card(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2018
I will tell you what to do. Locate their houses and one early morning say on Sundays, get your own loudspeaker, go close to their house and blast your favorite music as early as 4am till 6am . Do this for 3 Sundays and when they approach you tell them how you feel about them disturbing your sleep.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by thunder74(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2018
Are you sure it is the noise that is disturbing you or the messages that are hitting you in a bad place?
Whichever one, get ears cover device and always wear it to sleep.

Honestly, the noise is getting to you because you put your mind to it and because you are biased already.

It is not the noise that is disturbing you from sleeping, it is the anger and hatred for what those morning criers are doing that is causing your sleeplessness.

Once your attitude change, you will get good sleep, afterall we sleep well with a very noisy generator.

I used to get angry at the Muslim early morning call for prayers but later I programmed my mind to enjoy it as an early morning music.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by AutoSpaNg: 7:29am On Jul 07, 2018
These people also like sleeping. it is just that they have a greater call which they cannot afford to ignore for anything. they wake up with a fire burning in their heart, they wake up with an hunger yearning to be filled, they are the heroes of the morning and when you hear their voice, kneel by your bed to pray because we need salvation, we need deliverance and even more we need a new Nigeria.

For those in Abuja, who have luxury cars like Benz, Lexus SUV's, Toyota SUV's and other exotic cars. please don't make the mistake of taking them to a roadside mechanic to damage your beauty. bring them to our Modern Vehicle Repair Facility where our diagnostic check is always on point and our repairs are strictly professional and we give warranties to our customers on any repair. if we tell you something is wrong with your car and we ask you to purchase a part and in the end the problem persists we will refund your money and continue the repairs. Call us now: 08189742614 Auto Spa is our name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by kiddoiLL(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2018
Lol...If I carry I go Eko my guy u go love Lagos o

8 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2018
I'm glad that no longer happens to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tony Ezenna Is Alive, Not Dead / Soak Alligator Pepper And Bitter Kola In Coconut Water For This Body Body... / How To Permanently Cure Ulcer With Raw Pawpaw Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.