Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? (23012 Views)

Is 130k Job Offer Good For Someone Living At Iju Ishaga / Which Would You Advise Going For: A 130k Job In Ibadan Or A 200k Job In Lagos? / Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by chicoMX(m): 11:30am On Jul 07, 2018
Bus T.Fares
CMS to Ajah - 250
Ajah to lakowe(ibeju-lekki) -150

Op you better relocate or stick to your job. Yaba to lakowe na journey on its own
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by DEHVEHLOP(m): 11:33am On Jul 07, 2018
Yorubas and the Hausa people are educated and well mannered...

But our blodas from the land of.....

Igbo amaka Igbo amaka

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by ikorodureporta: 11:41am On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:
Nairalanders!!! Is it OK to switch? My current boss is really frustrating me at work so I think it's an opportunity to switch when I got the offer..... My plan was to get a superb scooters/ladies bike so I can ride from Yaba here everyday to Ajah lakowe.
Nairalanders pls advice me on the risk involved in riding bike from d mainland to Ajah, won't I be faced with the issue of police or other govt officials arresting bike at lekki or Ajah itself? And which is the best route? And again is dat kind of plan feasible enough?

u b dispatch rider? Why byke when brt dey? Bsides, where d'u live, if u'r within ikorodu road berra manage d 130k, cos d stress to & fro Ajah daily sef pass 100k cheesy , unless u relocate

1 Like

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by iamjavadem(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2018
I ride my Powerbike to work daily, I spend only 45 minutes while with my car lowest is 1 hour 30 minutes on a very good day. Do you already know how to ride?
Habisoye:
Nairalanders!!! Is it OK to switch? My current boss is really frustrating me at work so I think it's an opportunity to switch when I got the offer..... My plan was to get a superb scooters/ladies bike so I can ride from Yaba here everyday to Ajah lakowe.
Nairalanders pls advice me on the risk involved in riding bike from d mainland to Ajah, won't I be faced with the issue of police or other govt officials arresting bike at lekki or Ajah itself? And which is the best route? And again is dat kind of plan feasible enough?
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by 1234IKECHhukwu: 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:
Ur earning 130k yet u can't afford a good car here u re talking about bike.

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by davillian(m): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2018
Calculate your expenses
Calculate your risk
And calculate your stress
The best option is to live very close to were you work if you can't then forget it .
Any job that will make me wake up by 4:30am
And get home by 10pm I no do .
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by omogidi234(m): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
If You want to leave long my advice for you is to get a car.. okada is very dangerous in the high way... becareful.. cool

Seconded, OP, from the Ajah flyover till you reach Epe, driver no dey use brake oh!
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by omogidi234(m): 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
If You want to leave long my advice for you is to get a car.. okada is very dangerous in the high way... becareful.. cool

Seconded, OP, from the Ajah flyover till you reach Epe, driver no dey use brake oh!

Go and rent self contained in Lakowe.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Fineyoungboy: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2018
Is like the same expenses to me anyways, but to me...what you have to consider is the work rate, comfortable, self development, stress... If the yaba job is less stressful and ajah will be very stressful compile with the holdup, have to wake you very early and all..i dont think is a good advice to switch, and again if money is the only factor u r considering, big mistake....analyze Am well...[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by millionboi2: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:
until u tell us d actual amount, we wudnt ans u.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Teibaba(m): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2018
Please where is Ajah and yaba?
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Nackzy: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2018
Is that one question,
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Proffessorr: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
I don't know where you currently reside or whether you are married/single....

If you currently reside on the Mainland and you decide to go from there to Lakowe daily, the traffic you'll face might make you tired of the job soonest.

Secondly, your monthly cost of transportation will take an unnecessarily large chunk of your salary..

You and your wife might need to work out the best modality on where to stay but I think the new pay is better.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by aspirebig: 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:
Nairalanders pls advice me on the risk involved in riding bike from d mainland to Ajah, won't I be faced with the issue of police or other govt officials arresting bike at lekki or Ajah itself? And which is the best route
? And again is dat kind of plan feasible enough?

op

Just answer these questions of mine below:

Where are you living now in Lagos?This will determine a lot of other factors that need to be evaluated.

Have you considered that you may lose your life riding a bike in Lagos, or even have a serious accident?...i can hear you saying 'God forbid,it is not my portion" but it is a fact .Many rough drivers out there.

Have you thought of the impact of riding a bike daily on your health, your productivity at work and your appearance when you finally arrive work. You might not look fresh, but socked with sweat, rain or dust.I believe you work in a corporate environment and not a factory.

Why cant you move to Ajah axis like Badore, where you can get a cheap house,and live closer to your office.Punctuality is the soul of business and as a new staff, lateness will not be good for you.

Have you considered the days your bike may have flat tire on your way to work or on your home and it is raining and dark.

Have you thought of the fact that each day go through that stress, it is affecting life span generally?

What is the career aspiration in for you in this new job, aside the bigger pay? Are there rooms for growth and promotions?

If you insist of getting a bike, why not add money and get a clean second hand Golf 2 car with AC, even if is means getting a loan, with this car, you pick passengers going your way to and fro office to help you offset the loan and fuel expenses. Ensure the car is insured properly,i would have opt for Toyota Corolla bank type, but for the cost.

If you take public transport, how much will you be spending and when will be getting to office in the morning and home in the night from your present residence?

Think of these carefully.

I have gone similar situation in the past, i am writing from experience.Whatever decision your are settling for, consider your health first.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by RexTramadol1: 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2018
That 130k own

Come link me make I assist u
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Lambarry1: 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
Which company is lakowe that will offer 200k at this dying minute. I know that whole area like my palm

3 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Tobyarab(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2018
Riding bike on that Lakowe road? you can't be serious. That narrow road that can barely accommodate two cars. road is dangerous enough for cars, what more bikes.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Tunagee(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
davillian:
Calculate your expenses
Calculate your risk
And calculate your stress
The best option is to live very close to were you work if you can't then forget it .
Any job that will make me wake up by 4:30am
And get home by 10pm I no do .

Na short life span be that.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Habisoye: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
Thank you all for the advice....
1. Am maried with 2-kids and light-skin pretty woman and we are happy family.
2. We had to relocate to yaba here frm Abk wen i got the 130k yaba Job Last yr. Are we naw gonna relocate to Ajah again?
3. This new Job is run by White(french) and they produce mastercards, verve, visa, voterscard, etc. and they are offering all kinds of benefit and my current job is a real estate firm owned by a private person.
4. If riding a bike is too risky on d island what abt d dispatch riders dat does diz everyday every minutes all around lagos?
5. I can always get a car and Drive but What abt the heat of traffic and fuel consumption?
6. What if i get a Small room apartment of like 5k at lakowe and sleep there mondays&tuesdays and goes home throughout the remaining dayz of the week?
7. If i shu consider forfeiting diz 200k Offer, wont i find it difficult to secure diz kind of Opportunity again?
Nairalanders please what other options is Best suitable for me to take?

Thank you all..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by litaninja(m): 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
Buy a proper sports bike those are much more fun and will command more respect from drivers than a scooter. Whether you move to ajah or nah, buy a bike!
For 200k, if you intend to work there for say more than 2 years, I'll suggest you just move...
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Vmaqween(f): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
You should check if the 70k will be worth the stress,
cause you will now need to be leaving very early to work and getting back late cause of traffic and all..
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by austertee01(m): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
Bros, to be candid, it seems I know your place of new job. It's Gulf road if am right. You can get a 2bedroom or self contain for 300k close to your office and you can forget all the stress. Pls take the job as it will give you an edge to negotiate for higher pay I'm your next job as there are a lot of opportunities around Vi-Lekki-Ajah.

Habisoye:
Thank you all for the advice....
1. Am maried with 2-kids and light-skin pretty woman and we are happy family.
2. We had to relocate to yaba here frm Abk wen i got the 130k yaba Job Last yr. Are we naw gonna relocate to Ajah again?
3. This new Job is run by White(french) and they produce mastercards, verve, visa, voterscard, etc. and they are offering all kinds of benefit and my current job is a real estate firm owned by a private person.
4. If riding a bike is too risky on d island what abt d dispatch riders dat does diz everyday every minutes all around lagos?
5. I can always get a car and Drive but What abt the heat of traffic and fuel consumption?
6. What if i get a Small room apartment of like 5k at lakowe and sleep there mondays&tuesdays and goes home throughout the remaining dayz of the week?
7. If i shu consider forfeiting diz 200k Offer, wont i find it difficult to secure diz kind of Opportunity again?
Nairalanders please what other options is Best suitable for me to take?

Thank you all..
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by eminentpeter(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
Please do not use any of these mentioned bikes on highway excep ones of higher capacity (power bikes). Or better wake up early to spend less to work;
N50 on BRT to CMS + N200 to Ajah + N50 to your work place. Grace to you !
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by tmgtreasure(m): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
Code am well....
I know those codes

Habisoye:
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by preetyb(f): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2018
Well for me I think you should be taking public transport for now until you can afford a car..I believe from yaba to lakowe wouldn't be more than #500 or #600 that means should budget like #1200 for transportation on a daily basis at most #1300 as it is better than riding on bike. Besides you are a lady, you may not be able to cope with all those breeze one gets from riding on a bike and will even be worst during raining season.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by baqina(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2018
Depending on where u live at Yaba... D boarding goes thus:Yaba to cms or Obalende (100),obalende/cms to Ajah (200,depending on d rush hour, u can be charged as high as 300),Ajah mkt to Lakowe(150)..roughly, 500/trip..that is if you will not take bike from ur house to d junction of where u will board and from where u will alight to ur office.

Contrary to others opinion, u will not experience hold up or just mild hold up, you will be moving agains traffic on Ozumba-Lekki-Ajah express as most people will be taking d other side.

Ajah is not Lakowe,Abraham Adesanya, Abijo,Eleko etc... Considering u being a female With kids, it will be difficult relocating but spending 20,000 on transportation is not bad on 200,000....renting another house at Lakowe is not advisable unless d house at Yaba is yours. It is either u stay at Yaba or relocate to Lakowe. If all your friends and families are on d mainland, living in Lakowe might be boring... The place is a bit far. ....Getting a house in Lekki, Ajah, Abijoh,Lakowe etc with water and without Flood during raining season is another story but that area has good and quality schools ur kids will love.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Partnerbiz(f): 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
Compliant:
Bike on the high way? I pray you don't spend all the 200,000 on hospital bill

This is not a matter of police my brother, what of the risk ?

If you are not buoyant for now to get a small car then you can enter normal transport for the time being

Please I need to speak with you.

My no is below..
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
Habisoye:
bro I'm very familiar with Lagos environs, lakowe Is far from ajah round about, we have ajah axis and lakowe is not part of it cos lakowe is after sangotedo, Abijo, awoyaya then lakowe..
bro you can only take the job except you want to relocate to ajah or sangotedo, I can understand your boss is frustrating you but your only solution is to relocate to ajah rather than buying a bike that's expose to accident on a highway and if you don't want to relocate then manage your job and look for another offer.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
iamjavadem:
I ride my Powerbike to work daily, I spend only 45 minutes while with my car lowest is 1 hour 30 minutes on a very good day. Do you already know how to ride?
bros any vacancy? I need a job o.. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.