Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap (714 Views)

6-year-old Boy Drowns In A Well In Kano (Photos) / COVID-19: 6-Year-Old Girl Tests Positive In Jigawa / 6-Year-old Boko Haram Victim Shocked Dubai Doctors Begins To Walk (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap by pxjosh(m): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2018
I went to visit my aunt and she told me of how her last child 6years old hasn't taken anything other than pap since he was born.

I've never heard of such before. He has been taking only pap and then some type of biscuits. The time they tried giving him other food (rice) he ended up throwing up. She said she has gone to the hospital about it and nothing could be done.

Me thinks it's like a psychological issue though. I've never heard of such medical condition and I'd like to read about it.
Re: Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap by godfatherx: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2018
They can make the pap richer then, mix with egg powder and/or fish - that's protein added to carbohydrates, other classes of food can be added to the pap to ensure balanced diet. No issues.
Re: Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap by pxjosh(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
godfatherx:
They can make the pap richer then, mix with egg powder and/or fish - that's protein added to carbohydrates, other classes of food can be added to the pap to ensure balanced diet. No issues.
The time I saw him taking pap it was mixed with chocolate and milk. It just seems so weird that the boy will have to continue taking pap right till adulthood.

1 Like

Re: Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap by ADUKKY(f): 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
The mum can improvise by making healthier pap. Use soya beans, millet, yellow corn and Guinea corn all soaked with hot water for 3 days and blended to a smooth paste as she won't be sieving it. Serve with Milo, milk and sometimes blended crayfish and dry fish. She can also add whip egg into the pap while cooking it on fire.
She shouldn't be discouraged rather continue trying other foods from time to time, I believe there must. r something else the child will take to.
Not also forgetting fruits and vegetables.
All the best.
Re: Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap by alfa0: 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2018
pxjosh:
I went to visit my aunt and she told me of how her last child 6years old hasn't taken anything other than pap since he was born.

I've never heard of such before. He has been taking only pap and then some type of biscuits. The time they tried giving him other food (rice) he ended up throwing up. She said she has gone to the hospital about it and nothing could be done.

Me thinks it's like a psychological issue though. I've never heard of such medical condition and I'd like to read about it.

I don't know if this is exegarated, but if not,I think the boy's intestines needs to be examined by doctors.
Talking from experience.
It's not as if the boy doesn't like eating other foods,but he eats and vomits all.if this is true,please visit a good hospital for a proper examination on his intestines.
God is your strength.
Re: Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap by Betakeshi: 8:08pm On Jul 07, 2018
He is a spoilt child undecided

How does a child decide what you feed him? As the adult, you're to make that decision not the other way round..
Re: Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap by pxjosh(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
Betakeshi:
He is a spoilt child undecided

How does a child decide what you feed him? As the adult, you're to make that decision not the other way round..
He's not a spoilt child. It's not that he doesn't like other foods, he just cannot take them in and ends up throwing up. I know someone who doesn't eat fish at all. Another doesn't eat meat.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Yawn? And Four Other Bodily Functions Explained / South East Has not Made Donation To Nigeria To Fight Corona virus / BREAKING: Borno COVID-19 Cases Rise To 15, including 7 health workers & 2 deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.