Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

State Of Dilema : Continue With My Job Or Go For A PGD In Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / State Of Dilema : Continue With My Job Or Go For A PGD In Canada? (522 Views)

Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K / Diploma In Canada Or PGD In Science In Computing Ireland? / Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Dilema : Continue With My Job Or Go For A PGD In Canada? by 2019elections: 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2018
Which should I choose:
Continue with my job or go for a PGD in canada?

Hello Nlanders,
I currently have a B.ed in education and M.ed in education. I work with the secondary education board, FCT with a salary package of 50k monthly .

I intend going to Canada to get a postgraduate diploma in education which (all things been equal) could enable me land a teaching job in canada or get a diploma in filmmaking in canada owing to my passion in d entertainment industry and get a role in holywood or have a company of my own after working for a while over there. Either of these will probably cost me about 4-5 million naira which I think I can afford.

Kindly advice me on this.
Re: State Of Dilema : Continue With My Job Or Go For A PGD In Canada? by MegaStarr(m): 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
With your M.Ed, you can easily be admitted to study for a PhD in a reputable university in Canada. All in all, since you can afford the cost of education don't waste any more time in leaving Nigeria. Years down the line, you would look back and consider it to be one of the greatest decisions you ever made. GO FOR IT NOW!

1 Like

Re: State Of Dilema : Continue With My Job Or Go For A PGD In Canada? by 2019elections: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
MegaStarr:
With your M.Ed, you can easily be admitted to study for a PhD in a reputable university in Canada. All in all, since you can afford the cost of education don't waste any more time in leaving Nigeria. Years down the line, you would look back and consider it to be one of the greatest decisions you ever made. GO FOR IT NOW!

True but due to some medical circumstances then, I know I wouldn't meet up with d requirements for PhD. I had 3.2 cgpa in my m.ed
Re: State Of Dilema : Continue With My Job Or Go For A PGD In Canada? by MegaStarr(m): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
2019elections:

True but due to some medical circumstances then, I know I wouldn't meet up with d requirements for PhD. I had 3.2 cgpa in my m.ed

I still don't see it as a dilemma. Do you mind enrolling for another M.Ed in Canada. By any good means leave Nigeria for somewhere better.

(1) (Reply)

This Country Requires Men To Have Several Wives, But Men Demand The Abolition Of / Ghost Ship Reappears 9 Years After It Was Lost / Air Force Jets Crash Lands In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.