Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,345 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:53 PM

Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad (65828 Views)

NYSC Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by AmbodOfLASU: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
KEMI ADEOSUN'S ALLEGED NYSC CERTIFICATE SCANDAL : A BIGGER PICTURE TO IT.

Kemi Adeosun was born, bred and brought up in the United Kingdom. She spent the first 30years of her life there. She equally had all her education in the U.K and hatched her career there, also. For clarity purposes, I understand and fully support the general opinion that she must face the law - she should never have forged it, that's criminal and totally unacceptable (albeit if the facts provided by Premium Times are totally correct).

Nevertheless, on a general note, we must also be fair to Nigerians in diaspora(those born and brought up there and perhaps to equally those who moved there as young chaps with their families in search of greener pasture). Economic and other challenges have forced many Nigerians outside of Nigeria despite the love they have for their country. Most of them got married abroad and gave birth to children who are as well very passionate about Nigeria and its development. For instance, a bright young boy born to Nigerian parents who grew up in California - graduated from Stanford and Harvard then got a Job with the United Nations. He rose through the ranks after over 15years of service. Then, at the age of 40, he plans to return to Nigeria with a view to contribute his own quota to Nigeria's development. What will be his fate having not participated in NYSC ab initio and he is over 30 years of age? Remember, he never chose to be born outside of Nigeria or live/study outside of the country.

I believe for we to attain greater heights in Nigeria, we will need our brothers and sisters making waves in other countries. We should not strike them out totally via NYSC.

While I firmly believe that Kemi Adeosun should be prosecuted if found guilty of all the allegations, we must equally look at the bigger picture here - bright young minds of Nigerian ancestry who could not serve in the NYSC must not be alienated from nation building and national development.

The current Nigerian super eagles team is made of many players who were born to a Nigerian father by "foreign" mothers. Hence, they possess dual citizenship. Consequently, they've spent the most part of their lives abroad. Yet, they still proudly wear the green and white jersey - giving their all to their fatherland.

Today, we are always proud of Anthony Joshua, Alex Iwobi, Leon Balogun, Troost Ekong, Carl Ikeme et cetera. In fact, we are very quick and proud to link the likes of Adesanmi Mbappe, Dele Alli, Alaba(Bayern Munich player), and so many others to Nigeria because they are of Nigerian ancestry.

What of other Nigerian geniuses making waves in NASA, World Bank, United Nations, Boeing, Microsoft, Facebook, Apple,Google, Deloitte and the likes that we will need their expertise/experience in our NNPC, Ajaokuta, Nigerian Army, political offices, technological hubs and the likes in the future or even as urgent as now?

In view of all these, I posit that Kemi Adeosun should face the law but we must not alienate people of Nigerian ancestry from our public service who for one reason or the other could not make up the NYSC scheme - which itself needs to be reformed.

Nigeria needs all its best brains to be in Nigeria, now! Nothing should be a roadblock or a bottleneck.

God bless Nigeria.

Pelumi Olugbenga
7th of July,2018.

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2018
While I firmly believe that Kemi Adeosun should be prosecuted if found guilty of all the allegations .....
The senators that made her scale through the screening when they know what the law stipulates about that should also be fired alongside the Minister....
But at this point in time, the people who are only good in wailing have forgotten that she was actually screened for days by their corrupt masters.
Anyways, first things first, we are hoping to hear from the minister's side.
There are two sides to every story.
#SayNoToAnyFormOfCorruption

75 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Ziggylady(f): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
Blablablabla!!...epistle for zombies undecided

The question is..must she forge a NYSC certificate?..What is it with Nigerians forging and doctoring documents?...its an epidemic indeed.

210 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by els0nm0rali(m): 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
Do we need to keep repeating ourselves?

This should be investigated in-depth.

If she's found guilty she should be given a lengthy jail term.

All the senators that were aware of her forgery but still cleared her for blackmail purposes should be charged to court and jailed too.

That's how to run a country. A prosperous country.

Those Nigerians that studied oversees can be exempted from NYSC only if they've lived most of their lives abroad. My opinion.

124 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by osazeeblue01: 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2018
They feel or think NYSC is not important.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by AmbodOfLASU: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
Ziggylady:

Blablablabla!!...epistle for zombies undecided

The question is..must she forge an NYSC certificate?..What is it with Nigerians forging and doctoring documents?...its an epidemic indeed.

The article as seen above totally condemned the alleged forgery by Mrs Kemi Adeosun. The article also posited that the Minister must face the law. Nevertheless, the article opined that young bright minds of Nigerian ancestry who were unfortunately born and brought up abroad but are desirous of working for a better Nigeria should not be alienated from contributing to our national development due to their lack of participation in NYSC.

We should seek to integrate our administrative and technological wiz kids the same way we brought Alex Iwobi, Leon Balogun, Carl Ikeme and co to our fold.

Nigeria needs its best brains to return to the country now. We've suffered a lot from brain drain.

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by AmbodOfLASU: 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2018
els0nm0rali:
Do we need to keep repeating ourselves?

This should be investigated in-depth.

If she's found guilty she should be given a lengthy jail term.

All the senators that were aware of her forgery but still cleared her for blackmail purposes should be charged to court and jailed too.

That's how to run a country. A prosperous country.

Those Nigerians that studied oversees can be exempted from NYSC only if they've lived most of their lives abroad. My opinion.

The Senators, if the news report by PT is true, are all accomplices.

On the other hand, most children of Nigerian political class don't take really take part in NYSC. All our Governors and Senators children largely school abroad and they don't ever fully take part in NYSC.

NYSC is mostly felt by the poor and not too influential Nigerians.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by IamPatriotic(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
One unique thing about Yoruba that is lacking among other tribes, especially people from oriental part of the Niger, is that we don't openly condone criminality. Rarely will you hear us making unnecessary and untenable excuses to why Kemi shouldn't resign from the Government, but can the same thing be said for Stella Odua or Ike Ekweremadu?

86 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by IamPatriotic(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

On the other hand, most children of Nigerian political class don't take really take part in NYSC. All our Governors and Senators children largely school abroad and they don't ever fully take part in NYSC.

Stop making silly excuses, it's unethical.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by els0nm0rali(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

Corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of this country.

People pay NYSC officials to have their certificates express mailed to them overseas.

There are lots of young Nigerians overseas who have never stepped foot into Nigeria but can brandish NYSC discharge certificates.

I think Nigerians have corruption in their genes. It's never going away.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by baby124: 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
She should never have forged the certificate. I don’t think the certificate is required for private employment however.

7 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by AmbodOfLASU: 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
IamPatriotic:

Stop making silly excuses, it's unethical.

I'm definitely not making any excuse. I'm only being objective and fair - especially to our fellow brothers and sisters abroad. If the Minister is found guilty, she must be prosecuted.

Nevertheless, NYSC somewhat alienate Nigeria from some of its best brains in the diaspora.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by AmbodOfLASU: 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
baby124:
She should never have forged the certificate. I don’t think the certificate is required for private employment however.

She should never have forged it(if the reports are true). If she's found guilty, she must be prosecuted.
She should have maintained her lane and not soil her hands.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by selemempe: 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2018
IamPatriotic:
One unique thing about Yoruba that is lacking among other tribes, especially people from oriental part of the Niger, is that we don't openly condone criminality. Rarely will you hear us making unnecessary and untenable excuses to why Kemi shouldn't resign from the Government, but can the same thing be said for Stella Odua or Ike Ekweremadu?
I knew a fool was going to say this. Read ur ppls nonsense talk wen tinubu was facing cct trial.

Liars u all are

67 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by tit(f): 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:
KEMI ADEOSUN'S ALLEGED NYSC CERTIFICATE SCANDAL : A BIGGER PICTURE TO IT.

While I firmly believe that Kemi Adeosun should be prosecuted if found guilty of all the allegations,
Pelumi Olugbenga
7th of July,2018.

shocked shocked shocked
do you schooled abroad?
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by tit(f): 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
3 years in kiri kiri straight for the smellin pussy olosho kemi

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by seunmsg(m): 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
If the allegation is true, she should be sacked and prosecuted. I really can't think of a valid reason why she had to forge the exemption certificate. The NYSC act to the best of my knowledge doesn't make it compulsory for Nigerians that studied outside of the country to come back and serve immediately after their tertiary education. They can serve anytime they come back in as much as they are within the service age. If not, they simply apply for the exemption certificate. All she should have done was apply for the exemption certificate. Why forge what you can get legitimately? I really don't understand.

Let me just wait for her to respond because this could be another fake news from PremiumTimesng.

15 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by samstradam: 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
seunmsg:
If the allegation is true, she should be sacked and prosecuted. I really can't think of a valid reason why she had to forge the exemption certificate. The NYSC act to the best of my knowledge doesn't make it compulsory for Nigerians that studied outside of the country to come back and serve participate immediately after their tertiary education. They can serve anytime they come back in as much as they are within the service age. If not, they simply apply for the exemption certificate. All she should have done was apply for the exemption certificate. Why forge what you can get legitimately? I really don't understand.

Let me just wait for her to respond because this could be another fake news from PremiumTimesng.

Hmmmm, it seems you and many other have not read the story properly.

She is accused of having forged her exemption certificate which we all know she rightly qualifies for.

edit: my apologies just read your post again.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Bossontop(m): 8:43pm On Jul 07, 2018
undecided
Forgery is a criminal offense so lets wait and see weda the so called "fighter of corruption" will fight this corruption that he himself brought

[img]https://media1./images/2feea74041feaa70ca7221ae28065f15/tenor.gif?itemid=8352665[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by IronTete(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
hmm
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by chloride6: 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Nawa ooh..

See epistle for small matter ooh grin grin grin grin

Did you forge?

Yes or No?

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Decibel: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
Are the Yorubas endorsing corruption? sad

18 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Decibel: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
@RealFFK was right after all. How can a complex economy like Nigeria be in the hand of an economic illiterate,mathematical deficient and oluwale syndicate like Mrs Adeosun cool
To be fair to her, Buhari has no moral right to sack her.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Aare2050(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
Jj
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by 4Play(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

The article as seen above totally condemned the alleged forgery by Mrs Kemi Adeosun. The article also posited that the Minister must face the law. Nevertheless, the article opined that young bright minds of Nigerian ancestry who were unfortunately born and brought up abroad but are desirous of working for a better Nigeria should not be alienated from contributing to our national development due to their lack of participation in NYSC.

We should seek to integrate our administrative and technological wiz kids the same way we brought Alex Iwobi, Leon Balogun, Carl Ikeme and co to our fold.

Nigeria needs its best brains to return to the country now. We've suffered a lot from brain drain.

This is a bit of a red herring given the gravity of what is alleged. It's a bit like discussing the utility of degree certificates where a worker is alleged to have forged a degree certificate.

7 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by PennywysCares(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
Inasmuch as am not supporting aunty Kemi on the issue of forged NYSC certificate, but you guys should save that lady this social media bit. What is so good or interesting about this good for nothing certificate,mine is inside a box use for nothing. NYSC isn't an occupational certificate neither professional certification. I lost a good job I should have got just because I was excited to go for NYSC. Adding another one more frustration year after your academic year for NYSC don't just make sense to me

10 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Queenserah26(f): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
Okay...noted
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by wonuks(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
let's see how this will end. One drama after another

Want to create a website asap? No advance payment required. Check my signature. Serious people only*
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by ozo13(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
post=69171615:
Seen
hmmm
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by blezzymoore: 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
She was born , bred and brought up in united kingdom. she spend her first 30 years there.
Now she is a minister in Nigeria. country she doesn't know anything about.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by LazyNairalander(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
This girl should shamelessly resign already.

check my SIGNATURE

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Ladies Celebrate 58th Independence With Topless Photos / Members Of Neoo Black Movement (Black Axxe) Visit PDP Executive In Delta. Photos / IPOB Members Killed 2 Policemen In Anambra - Police React (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.