Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, (36231 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan / Mark Zuckerberg And His Family's Halloween Costumes 2018 (Photo) / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by tobi2000: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
how long do u think d owner of Facebook will take to beat d owner of Amazon on being d richest man in d world?

Facebook Inc. co-founder Mark Zuckerberg has overtaken Warren Buffett as the world’s third-richest person, further solidifying technology as the most robust creator of wealth.

Zuckerberg, who trails only Amazon.com Inc. founder Jeff Bezos and Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates, eclipsed Buffett Friday as Facebook shares climbed 2.4 percent, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

It’s the first time that the three wealthiest people on the ranking made their fortunes from technology. Zuckerberg, 34, is now worth $81.6 billion, about $373 million more than Buffett, the 87-year-old chairman and chief executive officer of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.

Zuckerberg’s ascent has been driven by investors’ continued embrace of Facebook, the social-network giant that shook off the fallout from a data-privacy crisis that hammered its shares, sending them to an eight-month low of $152.22 on March 27. The stock closed Friday at a record $203.23.

Technology fortunes make up about a fifth of the more than $5 trillion in wealth tracked by the Bloomberg index, more than any other sector. The ranking, which tracks the world’s 500 richest people, is updated after the close of each trading day in New York.

Buffett, once the world’s wealthiest person, is sliding in the ranking thanks to his charitable giving, which he kicked off in earnest in 2006. He’s donated about 290 million Berkshire Hathaway Class B shares to charities, most of it to Gates’s foundation. Those shares are now worth more than $50 billion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Zuckerberg has pledged to give away 99 percent of his Facebook stock in his lifetime.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-07-06/zuckerberg-tops-buffett-as-tech-titans-dominate-wealth-ranking

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Donald95(m): 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
he should simply visit Pain, have some skulls mined for him. Thats all
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by lanaVello(m): 11:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
Misleading topic..lame Op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Jethrolite(m): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2018
tobi2000:
how long do u think d owner of Facebook will take to beat d owner of Amazon on being d richest man in d world?

lalasticalala
Bro no be inter house sport. People in the top 1% of the top 1% richest in the world have way too much money than they need. Whoever runs his business best to affect share price positively will dominate all.

But I see Mark becoming the richest before he is 40 and staying there for a very long time. Facebook has not harnessed payment processing and other financial services fully, when it does, it will become the largest retail bank in the world.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by inoki247: 8:59am On Jul 08, 2018
okay Dangote is coming after d Election...

6 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:59am On Jul 08, 2018
He will be NUMBER ONE soon!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by salbis(m): 8:59am On Jul 08, 2018
grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by aziaka111(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2018
he will soon be no1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Kendumazy(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2018
Big big money! Just don't give up on that idea!!!

5 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 08, 2018
Only true great men like Buffet and Bill Gates can give away 1/4 of their net worth every year, and still make top 5 list of richest men in the world annually. If they were as stingy as this guy, they'd be out of sight right now, and Mark would be a distant 4th.

67 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Goldenonyx: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2018
Howwww pls
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by moneychannel: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2018
That's my boy... Congratulations Mark, you'll soon get to our level grin

6 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by sisisioge: 9:02am On Jul 08, 2018
Wow! I just love his simplicity! Well done man.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by balayoflife(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2018
at age 34!! goodness me!!

26 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by xoxocandy(f): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2018
False. What is Nigeria's total annual income? Do you know just Apple is richer than Lagos State? The economy of just a state in the United States (California) is bigger than that of all African states put together. California even has a bigger economy than Russia, Italy etc. Google it.

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by dazzlingd(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2018
My father my father! Why has thou forsaken me..

What is my current position in the world. ?

1 billion and something..... Chai

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Houseofglam7(f): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2018
And he didn't become all of that by typing 'Amen' and 'I recieve' on Facebook undecided

95 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by dazzlingd(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2018
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by flyca: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2018
If only China will unblock Facebook, he'll be even richer.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by marttol: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2018
And he doesn't form... Very simple being

Nice Gucci and Versace

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by LisaAnne(f): 9:04am On Jul 08, 2018
Almunjid:

Do u know y Nigerians like dreaming? because they are rich men in their dreams, but when they wake up they see nothing except poverty.
They achieve a lot in their dreams, they have nothing in reality. Let's wake up and face the reality!

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by newbie2018: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2018
yes yes he's... so happy for my uncle, we call him uncle Zuky back home

...he's my sisters sugar daddy

5 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by sKeetz(m): 9:04am On Jul 08, 2018
And he doesn't pay tithe or waste his time binding imaginary enemies at midnight. cheesy

25 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by flyca: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2018
He's managing his wealth and fame well, I think.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by xarookqh(m): 9:05am On Jul 08, 2018
tobi2000:
Which kind question be this one now lipsrsealed
Alaye ask yourself how you'd get there
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Nigeriadondie: 9:05am On Jul 08, 2018
undecidedZuckerberg is so rich yet he doesn’t pay his tithes. All those robber pastors deceiving the gullible to give what they dont have.

16 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Kendumazy(m): 9:05am On Jul 08, 2018
newbie2018:
yes yes he's... so happy for my uncle, we call him uncle Zuky back home

...he's my sisters sugar daddy

Hahahahaha. You done watch ALAKADA tire. Weldone sir!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Ken4agent(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2018
I know I have a position and will figure it out soonest.... .oya check my signature
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by Emmanuelgalazy(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2018
Yeah, he deserve it, Very soon he would look for me
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, by thomas212: 9:08am On Jul 08, 2018
the guy is really working hard... winkthe guy is really working hard...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Foreign Trips In Map And Pictures Using A Simple Story Map. / Disturbing: See What Shows Up When You Type "What Can I" On Google / How To Start Making Money From Youtube - Simple Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.