Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Buhari Reacts To Saraki’s Supreme Court Victory, Says Nation’s Judiciary Working - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reacts To Saraki’s Supreme Court Victory, Says Nation’s Judiciary Working (481 Views)

Mary Odili Set To Retire From Nation's Judiciary Thursday / Buhari Reacts To Saraki's Supreme Court Judgement Over False Assets Declaration / Shehu Sani Reacts To Saraki's Looming Arrest, Police Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Reacts To Saraki’s Supreme Court Victory, Says Nation’s Judiciary Working by ademoladeji(m): 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari says the country’s judicial system, no matter the challenges it faces, is truly working and no one should be allowed to undermine or break it.

The President’ Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in a statement in Abuja on Saturday, said Buhari made the statement while reacting to Friday’s Supreme Court verdict on Senate President Bukola Saraki.

The Supreme Court had, on Friday, set free the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, of charges in the case of false assets declaration at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

President Buhari said: “I have seen many instances where individuals and groups seek the destruction of the judicial institution in the foolish thinking of saving their skin, instead of going through the painstaking process of establishing their innocence.

“In the case of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, I have seen him take the tortuous path of using the judicial process.

“He persevered, and in the end, the highest court of the land, the Supreme Court, says he is not guilty as charged.

“This is what I have done in the three elections in which I was cheated out, before God made it possible for me to come here the fourth time I ran for the office.”

The president said the Senate President’s journey from the lowest to the highest court of the land provided an important example for Nigerians to emulate.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the Supreme Court had upheld the Code of Conduct Tribunal’s ruling, clearing Saraki of all 18 count charges bothering on assets declaration.

Source: http://guardian.ng/news/buhari-reacts-to-sarakis-supreme-court-victory-says-nations-judiciary-working/

Re: Buhari Reacts To Saraki’s Supreme Court Victory, Says Nation’s Judiciary Working by Sarkin: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
Nonsense...
Saraki will never go unpunished.
Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reacts To Saraki’s Supreme Court Victory, Says Nation’s Judiciary Working by natnoble(m): 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2018
typical example of rat bitting you and still blowing fresh air.
Re: Buhari Reacts To Saraki’s Supreme Court Victory, Says Nation’s Judiciary Working by Mynd44: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2018

(1)

N’assembly Received Only 12 Bills From Executive In Three Years / BREAKING: Fayemi Wins Ekiti Gubernatorial Election / 2014: My Deputy And I Will Pack Our Load Out Of Govt House Together- Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.