Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,427 members, 7,800,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Arsene Wenger: It's Now Or Never For England's Golden Generation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger: It's Now Or Never For England's Golden Generation (547 Views)

Eniola Aluko To Play For England In 2015 World Cup (pictured) / Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? / A Golden Generation Of Super Eagles About To Emerge! Meet Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger: It's Now Or Never For England's Golden Generation by Jencejyde(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2010
This is what my favorite club's manager thinks about the England team participating in this years world cup. Enjoy!

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has believes that this year’s tournament represents the last chance for England’s ‘Golden Generation’ to the win [img]http://arsene.jpg[/img]the World Cup.

The Frenchman believes that many of the top players in Fabio Capello’s side will be too old to compete for the World Cup in four years time.

"I am convinced that it is now or never for this generation of England players,” Wenger told The Sun.

Most of their best players are now between 28 and 31 years old. They are at the right age to win a big tournament.

"They have the experience they need to get through that big, big game even when the team is not playing well.

"Wayne Rooney will still be a world force in four years' time.

"But Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard - their other most important players - will be 34 or 35 and not so effective."

Wenger thinks that Rooney is capable of carrying England’s attack by himself and the Gunner boss predicts that Capello will play him as the lone striker.

"I have been hugely impressed by Rooney and everything he has done for Manchester United and for England this season.

"He has power, desire, calmness, great technical qualities and is now scoring many more headers than at any other time in his career.

"One of the main considerations for Fabio Capello at this World Cup will be whether to play with two up front or play Rooney on his own.

"I will bet that he starts with Rooney on his own - with the big midfield players like Lampard and Gerrard breaking late into the box to support him."

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope the English team get very far this time around. They are certainly a great team and with Fabio Capello as manager, they could emerge as the biggest surprise of the tournament.

Until next time, have a great day.

Have you hear about 1 goal? This is a campaign seizing the power of football to ensure that education for all is a lasting impact of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. By bringing together footballers and fans, charities and organizations around the world, together we can call on world leaders to make education a reality for 72 million children by 2015.Why not join 1 goal today and become an ambassador of hope to millions of children who have no education. Join 1 goal today by logging unto http://www.join1goal.org

Re: Arsene Wenger: It's Now Or Never For England's Golden Generation by chidichris(m): 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2010
how many players of ur wenger are in the team?
Re: Arsene Wenger: It's Now Or Never For England's Golden Generation by Jencejyde(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
chidichris:

how many players of your wenger are in the team?
None!

(1) (Reply)

Netherlands Vs Denmark Today By 12:30pm / Lagersback's D-day / Breaking News:goodluck Jonathan Suspends National Team For 2 Yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.