Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? (9574 Views)

Onitsha Church On A Prayer Walk For Trump (Pictures & Video) / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / Please Say A Prayer For those Suffering From Chronic Illness In This New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by divinelove(m): 9:18am On Jul 08, 2018
hakeem4:
Let me start with my definition of prayer. Which is a means of communicating with an omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent god up there in the sky.
While Wish is a feeling or a strong desire or hope for something that cannot or probably will not happen.

What is the difference between prayer and wish

prayer is a spiritual exercise, here u request with faith to your creator to grant you your needs. it's for ppl with strong faith in God
wish is a wandering idle mind
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by owobloww: 9:26am On Jul 08, 2018
Prayer is a strong demand from your God alongside having faith that it would be achieved, while wish is an imaginary dream not taken importantly or without a strong belief that it would come to pass.A wish can be a luck
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by Holycity(f): 9:30am On Jul 08, 2018
Prayer na wish oooo because we all request something with it.....
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by cEEDii(m): 9:33am On Jul 08, 2018
hakeem4:
Let me start with my definition of prayer. Which is a means of communicating with an omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent god up there in the sky.
While Wish is a feeling or a strong desire or hope for something that cannot or probably will not happen.

What is the difference between prayer and wish

Thank God we all have dictionaries to differentiate and understand words without people having to teach us what they don't know. ��
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by SAMBARRY: 9:35am On Jul 08, 2018
paxonel:
these are the kind of questions many christians and religious people have failed to asked.

There is absolutely no difference between prayer and wish .

Going by your definition of a wish, we also pray with a strong desire or hope for something that probably will not happen too.

For instance, many of us respond a strong AMEN! in church to prayers and prophesies of pastors saying that this year, we will buy car, we will build houses, we will hit a mega contract .
Meanwhile, many of us are jobbless people in the society created by buhari government.

Is that kind of prayer not mere wishes?
the bible says THE EFFECTUAL FERVENT PRAYER OF *THE RIGHTEOUS MAN* AVAILETH MUCH

note emphasis onbthe word THE RIGHTEOUS MAN.not jobless man or wishful man.what this implies is whether you are jobless or not is inconsiquential,as long as you are a RIGHTEOUS MAN.your prayers (which you call wishes) will avail much.

Now what does availeth much mean? It means your prayers are of heavy importance that God will answer speedily
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by Kelly2713(m): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2018
Prayer is a wish and wish not a prayer
grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by NdiaraIGBO: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2018
paxonel:
these are the kind of questions many christians and religious people have failed to asked.

Going by your definition of a wish, we also pray with a strong desire or hope for something that probably will not happen too.

For instance, many of us respond a strong AMEN! in church to prayers and prophesies of pastors saying that this year, we will buy car, we will build houses, we will hit a mega contract .
Meanwhile, many of us are jobbless people in the society created by buhari government.

Tell us the job you had before Buhari administration.......
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by NdiaraIGBO: 9:38am On Jul 08, 2018
SAMBARRY:
the bible says THE EFFECTUAL FERVENT PRAYER OF *THE RIGHTEOUS MAN* AVAILETH MUCH

note emphasis onbthe word THE RIGHTEOUS MAN.not jobless man or wishful man.what this implies is whether you are jobless or not is inconsiquential,as long as you are a RIGHTEOUS MAN.your prayers (which you call wishes) will avail much.

Now what does availeth much mean? It means your prayers are of heavy importance that God will answer speedily

You and your non existent God no go die well...RIGHTEOUS KO LEFTEOUS NI

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by Butterflyleo: 9:43am On Jul 08, 2018
ALL CHRISTIANS WOULD DO WELL TO LEARN TO AVOID SUCH THREADS AS THOSE OPENED BY ATHEISTS. THEY DONT WANT TO LEARN AND INDEED CAN NEVER LEARN FROM YOU ABOUT GOD. ALL THEY SEEK IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO RIDICULE YOU AND YOUR FAITH.

BE WISE AS A SERPENT MY BRETHREN. IGNORE SUCH THREADS AS THESE

NOTICE THE NUMBER OF ANTI CHRISTIAN THREADS THAT WILL FLOOD THE RELIGION SECTION TODAY BEING SUNDAY BUT WE WILL COUNTER ALL.

ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE FIGHTING YOU AND ALL YOU STAND FOR.

WHEN YOU SEE SUCH THREADS, DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO COMMENT ON THEM BUT RATHER IGNORE THEM AND MOVE ON TO MORE PROFITABLE THINGS AS YOU FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH.

LET HE WHO HAS EARS, HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS SAYING

BRETHREN NOTICE HOW THE ATHEISTS HAVE BEEN BUSY MOCKING AND INSULTING AND RIDICULING ON THIS THREAD. IT SHOWS WHO THE OP IS AND THE INTENT OF THIS THREAD.

IGNORE THEM AND LET THEM KEEP WONDERING WHAT PRAYER IS IN THEIR IGNORANCE.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by Martinez19(m): 9:45am On Jul 08, 2018
paxonel:
that is under a circumstance that is impossible of human solution?
I get your point!

Yes! It is never foolishness to pray at this point, who knows, God may answer.

But it is still under God's prerogative right to answer or not.
That simply means if he chooses not to answer he has his reasons therefore no one can blame him.
You are a confused, biased and insincere human being.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by Chikebranny123(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
It is said to be known as wishful thinking
- forming an attitude or belief that's pleasing to imagine, instead of by appealing to evidence, rationality or reality
but then paxonel, like you posited, it might be the pastor being prophetic

Sorry, I've already posted before reading this
Other threads where and when I read this warning alert, I steer clear off
If all Christians keep mute
Who should speak.

To ye unbelievers
I wish you have experienced the divine already.but its not so.
I pray that a time in your life will come and you will pray and God will answer your request.

But some of year are so reprobate that even if you see an angel you will still argue so .

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by Butterflyleo: 9:53am On Jul 08, 2018
Chikebranny123:

If all Christians keep mute
Who should speak.

To ye unbelievers
I wish you have experienced the divine already.but its not so.
I pray that a time in your life will come and you will pray and God will answer your request.

But some of year are so reprobate that even if you see an angel you will still argue so .

You are not keeping mute when you focus on encouraging your brethren and helping them to take deeper roots in Christ.

The bible warns us NEVER TO CAST OUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE. THEY WILL TRAMPLE UPON IT AND TURN AND REND YOU.

Do not waste your precious gospel on those who have already rejected it before you opened your mouth. You rightly said they have become reprobate for the wisdom of God is foolishness to them that are lost.

Encourage your brethren and leave the chaff to remain where they are.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by alukstea(m): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2018
Prayer is praying and wisher is wishing ....

Jeez how easy it is to sound stupid...
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by orisa37: 9:59am On Jul 08, 2018
Wish is Application for blissful satisfaction.
Prayer is Praise God; Repent your past misdeeds; Ask for your new Aspirations seriously; Say Yes God has heard you; Start Expecting; Results.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by SAMBARRY: 10:01am On Jul 08, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

You and your non existent God no go die well...RIGHTEOUS KO LEFTEOUS NI
only a fool says in his heart that there is no God

Dont realise this before it is too late

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by Nnamaka1: 10:03am On Jul 08, 2018
A prayer starts with a prayer.

A wish starts with a wish.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by ScienceWatch: 10:17am On Jul 08, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are not keeping mute when you focus on encouraging your brethren and helping them to take deeper roots in Christ.

The bible warns us NEVER TO CAST OUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE. THEY WILL TRAMPLE UPON IT AND TURN AND REND YOU.

Do not waste your precious gospel on those who have already rejected it before you opened your mouth. You rightly said they have become reprobate for the wisdom of God is foolishness to them that are lost.

THANK YOU !
Very wise advice to all Christians and Theists in the light of the horrific evidence you exposed about the SATANIC contents of the cowardly ATHEISTS TRAINING MANUEL.
We wish to express our heart felt gratitude to the esteemed Butterflyleo for reposting the SATANIC Atheists Training Manuel at this link;

https://www.nairaland.com/4601231/atheist-finds-refuge-peace-christ#69128077

Please Christians, you must actively share it and also distribute it to churches and schools to exposed the raw hatred of Satan.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by ScienceWatch: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2018
Martinez19:
How dare you insult Paxonel when are the one that spread SATANIC doctrines everywhere. You still seem unaware that Butterflyleo has effectively exposed your SATANIC bible, The Atheists Training Manuel to world for scrutiny.
People are rushing from across the globe to read it here;
https://www.nairaland.com/4601231/atheist-finds-refuge-peace-christ#69128077

Tell us Martinez19, what can you come up with after atheism's tragic hidden secrets are public knowledge?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by hopefulLandlord: 10:41am On Jul 08, 2018
Houseofglam7:
Why are you like this? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Was what I said wrong?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by paxonel(m): 11:09am On Jul 08, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Yes. It is the wise thing to do. These children disn't ask to be born into those situations. And terminal illnesses are genetic in nature, just as being black or white is genetics as well.
not all terminal diseases are genetic in nature, infact most of them are acquired.
Even the genetic problems mostly arises from inbreeds of closely related individuals such as brothers and sisters or cousins mating and producing these inbreeds. Remember, in the history of mankind even in the bible these were always the case which have produced a significant population of people or children currently suffering from genetic terminal diseases till this day. The problem is not from God it's from the ignorance of human ancestors, and the only solution remains education and outbreeding of the affected population, not prayers.
Imagine brothers and sisters mating, that is rubbish this modern day now.

How do you know this? The bible even says that God creates good and evil Isaiah 45:7. So he is the origin.
Isaiah must have made the statement to ascertain the magnificence of God, not necessarily that God created evil from the beginning.
Infact this was the origin of evil according to Genesis 3:6

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

So this was the origin or genesis of evil.
Disobedience!

Why must we suffer for the sins of a grandfather that we don't know anything about? This is just like me deciding to punish buhari's great grandchildren because he was a bad president.
no, it's not like that! It's a system created by the evil of our ancestors from the beginning whether we like it or not we all must follow until there is a deliberate effort by the progeny to put a stop to the evil which is outbreeding the closely related population and that will take the education our forefathers didn't get, not prayer.
The same thing applies, when your grand father lay down resources or assets for you to inherit and enjoy, at that point you will not ask the question why must you enjoy what you didn't suffer to acquire, will you?

Already wrong. Terminal illnesses are genetic
not all!
Cancer, heart diseases and trauma are acquired.

and and starvation can be caused by famine, war and poverty which the children have no control over.
but the warring parties and the government had control of them and would have done something to prevent them?
Why then are you bringing God into them?

Why does God like punishing the descendants because of their forefather's crime?
relax!
We have the option of thinking out solutions to problems and not putting blame on God which will never bring solutions.

Through the holy spirit abi?
I don't think white men who are solving their problems needed The holy spirit to do so.
Many of them don't even believe in God, they are atheists yet they are contributing immensely.
Look at their health system, education and power supply, can you compare the rubbish we are doing here in Africa to what is obtainable in their country?
I know the rubbish is better than nothing grin

Terminal illness is a death sentence for whoever has it. If you have a terminal illness, you are dying and there is no cure. That is why a lot of parents resort to praying and mercy killing.
they are not really dead sentence like you put it, some cases are not that acute and they can be managed grin

With what money? From where?
then why will a parent think of bringing a child to this world when he doesn't have money grin

We Africans, we have the culture of marrying plenty wives and give birth to plenty children, yet no money to cater for them.
Is that not foolishness?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by paxonel(m): 11:24am On Jul 08, 2018
Martinez19:
guy you funny o grin
Can't you say your opinion without attacking?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by paxonel(m): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Tell us the job you had before Buhari administration.......
oh! Here comes buhari proponent grin

Come to politics section and ask me this question I will post my ID and let you know i have been working long before this buhari regime.

Who buhari help?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by tete7000(m): 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
Prayer is a dialogue, wish a monologue.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by Chikebranny123(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The good book is a book filled with the message of love and grace.
It will be wrong not to tell them who we are and who they are.
Hoping they change for he who wins a soul is wise.

For why do we call our self Christian is we exempt our self from faith

By faith we are free
By acceptance we become the free prisoners of hope .
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by NdiaraIGBO: 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
SAMBARRY:
only a fool says in his heart that there is no God

Dont realise this before it is too late

Na you sabi. Allow God to defend himself abi God appointed you as his spokesman?

Why do you Christians have HBP over this matter? Because you are in doubt as well.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by Butterflyleo: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
Chikebranny123:

The good book is a book filled with the message of love and grace.
It will be wrong not to tell them who we are and who they are.
Hoping they change for he who wins a soul is wise.

For why do we call our self Christian is we exempt our self from faith

By faith we are free
By acceptance we become the free prisoners of hope .

They already know who you are. Do not be deceived. They have simply chosen to reject the light.

John 3:19 - 20

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by NdiaraIGBO: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2018
paxonel:
oh! Here comes buhari proponent grin

Come to politics section and ask me this question I will post my ID and let you know i have been working long before this buhari regime.

Who buhari help?

Show us your ID anti Buhari proponent......

Like say no be one room your wawa family dey lIve for Lagos since they arrived from Onitcha.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by paxonel(m): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

interesting, so how do you differentiate praying to God and praying to a milk jug? or not even praying at all?
I mean, if you think about it there are only three possibilities the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed and its its prerogative to answer or not
sorry I didn't see this.

milk jugs are not living things but God is alive.

But if anyone believes that a mere milk jug can answer his prayer like the idolatrers whether milk jugs have right at all talkless or prerogative i don't know about that grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by NdiaraIGBO: 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
paxonel:

Why won't you be jobless when you can't spell correctly.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by paxonel(m): 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Show us your ID anti Buhari proponent......

Like say no be one room your wawa family dey lIve for Lagos since they arrived from Onitcha.
grin grin grin grin

I for even prefer that one room sef.
Incase you see one for your area abeg let me know, I don tire for this buhari.

No wahalla for agreement and commission , I nor mind the distance grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? by paxonel(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Why won't you be jobless when you can't spell correctly.
I hear sir, thank you for the correction grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahya Toure Preached Islam To Me; Didier Drogba / Collecting Change After Giving Offering / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.