Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:28 PM

The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! (4847 Views)

Koinonia School Of Ministry 2022 Application Form + Registration Guide / Dunamis School Of Ministry ( DUSOM / Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by PROPHETmichael: 7:21am On Jul 08, 2018
But many of today's ministers act as if they never received that memo.

And that is precisely why you see them running around here more concerned with cultivating their popularity than cultivating their anointing.

They're more concerned with publicity than prayer, with broadcasting than group fasting, with being celebrated than being sanctified.

Indeed, today's brood of carnal clergy yearn more to be on television than to heal the sick and cast out devils.

They're interested more in the size of their church than with the holiness of their church.

No wonder, then, the power of God is never in demonstration in their meetings.

Every week, in spite of the faithful attendance of their parishioners, the people leave each service as sick and as sinful as they were when they came to service.

It is because the bulk of today's ministry have the wrong approach to ministry. And this is the very thing that continually grieves the Spirit of God.

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption" (Ephesians 4:30).

Pimps and divas now pepper the pulpits to the point where many of God's precious people are hard pressed to find true ministry anywhere.

And if and when they do find a semblance of authentic ministry, it is usually watered down to such a degree that no supernatural contact can be made with God in those churches.

All of this is proof positive that we have entered a critical time in the Church's history all because of the self-centered, self-aggrandizing me-ism of today's clergy.

Pray that the Father will raise up a new breed of ministers who have transcended the juvenile narcissism that is commonplace among today's immature clergy and are completely consecrated to the cause of redemption.

Pray that they will be bold in speaking the unadulterated Word of God and adept at flowing in the power of the Spirit of God.

And God will be entreated of you and answer your prayers.

And so shall the Church be restored to honor, and the risen Savior will once again be given the homage He is rightfully due!

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by Life4Varnity: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2018
ok..

i hope they will hear sha..

FTC sha.. i decided to hit on ok then come back later to modify

i dedicate this FTC to my one and only sweetheart @ adeola
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by Tboysalau(m): 9:53am On Jul 08, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by dermmy(m): 9:56am On Jul 08, 2018
Nice one Op. GOD bless u abundantly

1 Like

Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by Rickyuzzy(f): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2018
Most pastors/priest/imams are scams if not all.... They know nothing about what Jesus stood for because they are the opposite, listen to their preaching and you will hear... Hatred, Discrimination, Condescension, seclusion.... The rich is given priority... They wash their members with their sweet tongue... I don't even pity the members... They carried their two legs to the church. The moment you start carrying your doctrine or dogmatic believe of (Don't wear trouser, don't wear makeup, u must pay tite, u must marry a actholic etc) over the real meaning of gospel (Unconditional Love and Acceptance) then u are the devil Christ has been preaching against

Listen my people, You are the body of Christ.... You are his church, Only you hold the key to your healing not some preachers. You keep going... Leave white washed miracles... Hard work and the ability to be solution oriented with a God factor to guide you is all u need... Stop putting your hope in scams!!

Take the sun and you still grow... Lose the light and you still glow!

Happy sunday

4 Likes

Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by Kingdolo(m): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2018
True
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by emerged01(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2018
Churches have lost focus on salvation. What we have now are few teaching bible churches while others are motivation center.

Believers should know that you can only know a true man of God not by his gifts to heal,prophesize but by the fruits(character toward the will of God) he bears. Matt 7 vs 20:23

2 Likes

Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by benjola2222(m): 10:12am On Jul 08, 2018
It is easier said than done.....why don't you become that minister? We have no idea what all these people have been through but its so easy to judge. When Jesus came it was the chief priest that was supposed to be the most spiritual that supported his crucification, wasn't Jesus popular? Im so certain that if Jesus came now, many Christians would support his crucification.
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by luvmijeje(f): 10:13am On Jul 08, 2018
Well I won't blame the leaders that much. The members are not much better. They are more dubious than the leader. What do I mean? Most people who goes to church don't go because of God. They go there because of what they want to get from the church. And when the Church tell them they can't meet their needs, they will become an Atheist.

Abeggi!
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by Rockyrascal(m): 10:15am On Jul 08, 2018
OP thank you, for this message really sent shivers through my spine.

Everything you've said here is the gospel truth; I would have love to throw more light on this but you have said it all.
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by Lomprico2: 10:21am On Jul 08, 2018
Not fame and Money!!
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by RaseJudex(m): 10:21am On Jul 08, 2018
Stc
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by obowunmi(m): 10:27am On Jul 08, 2018
Don't tell a naija Pastor this abeg.

1 Like

Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by ednut1(m): 10:38am On Jul 08, 2018
Shame on most of them
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by daveP(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2018
Pls help tell these RCCG and LF youths that always argue about parish size and capacity and instruments every Sunday in my compound o. They don't even remember the sermon for that Sunday service, that's if there is any anyway. Cos na exhortations I call those ones o. no be sermon.
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by IMASTEX: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
Africa pastors are not among them
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by Themandator: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

And that is precisely why you see them running around here more concerned with cultivating their popularity than cultivating their anointing.

They're more concerned with publicity than prayer, with broadcasting than group fasting, with being celebrated than being sanctified.

Indeed, today's brood of carnal clergy yearn more to be on television than to heal the sick and cast out devils.

They're interested more in the size of their church than with the holiness of their church.

Every week, in spite of the faithful attendance of their parishioners, the people leave each service as sick and as sinful as they were when they came to service.

It is because the bulk of today's ministry have the wrong approach to ministry. And this is the very thing that continually grieves the Spirit of God.

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption" (Ephesians 4:30).

Pimps and divas now pepper the pulpits to the point where many of God's precious people are hard pressed to find true ministry anywhere.

And if and when they do find a semblance of authentic ministry, it is usually watered down to such a degree that no supernatural contact can be made with God in those churches.

All of this is proof positive that we have entered a critical time in the Church's history all because of the self-centered, self-aggrandizing me-ism of today's clergy.

Pray that the Father will raise up a new breed of ministers who have transcended the juvenile narcissism that is commonplace among today's immature clergy and are completely consecrated to the cause of redemption.

Pray that they will be bold in speaking the unadulterated Word of God and adept at flowing in the power of the Spirit of God.

And so shall the Church be restored to honor, and the risen Savior will once again be given the homage He is rightfully due!

The best way to correct is to lead ... Chief Obasanjo once said, I never trust a man until he occupies a position of trust where money is involved.... it is always easier to shoot your shot from the sideline ...but the ring is always there .

Ther is no man that driv3s a speedy car with his mouth that gets injured when he gets involved in an accident .. get a real car and drive that stunt!

There is no anointing for criticism, anybody can do that . If your need anointing be in service.
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by els0nm0rali(m): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
The only reason why people leave one Church to open another one is greed and a quest for fame.

Why leave your church only to go open a church on a street that already has no less than 5 churches?

Why not relocate to Sambisa or Kano and go preach to Moslems and terrorists?
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by olowobaba10: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
WHAT MOST CHRISTIANS ARE PREACHING AND PRACTICING THESE DAYS ARE MERE DOGMATISM, INDOCTRINATION, PERSONAL BIBLE EXEGESIS, BIGOTRY, EXTREMISM, FANATICISM , SCHISM,BRAINWASHING, EMPIRICISM,PURITANSM, ESCHATOLOGY , ETC AND NOT WHAT THE BIBLE ACTUALLY SAYS. DO WE REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A CHRISTIAN?
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by thaprofit88: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

Your opinion op. And a one sided opinion it is.
Firstly u shouldn't have used the word 'they' cos that means u are referring to all clergy and if that is what u are doing then your analysis is totally wrong. The reason is this , wherever u see an original the counterfeit ia always close by marketing itself as the original and it's always the most alluring.
Just as there are some few good and honest persons in the police force, PHCN, Customs service, presidency, assembly houses, churches etc so also there are an alarming number of the opposite of this kinds of persons in such places.
Direct such piece to this opposite alarming number in the clergy and not to the entire clergy because they are not all called of God yet some of them are truly called.
And if I understand d meaning of publicity it means to bring something to the awareness of a vast number of persons, now if the circular world knows the advantages of publicity and uses it, why not the church? Think about it deeply.
Op it is the end time it has been prophesied. There is an assault on do church but thank God we already know the end it is victory for the church.
Play your own role as a christian, pray for fallen men of God and don't join those castigating them.
God bless us all
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by FirePower1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2018
Most of the people criticising here have pastors with characters described above, they only bark on social media and wag their tails in church. Ignorance is no more our problems but lack of courage which is the bridge from knowledge to wisdom.
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by InansBobo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
Our problem is we judge without having full knowledge of 4th he intents of the churches. You can imagine someone trying to say Dunamis is competing with Winners or RCCG, How? When they are submitting to these churches in all realms. Baseless points
Re: The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! by PROPHETmichael: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2018
daveP:
Pls help tell these RCCG and LF youths that always argue about parish size and capacity and instruments every Sunday in my compound o. They don't even remember the sermon for that Sunday service, that's if there is any anyway. Cos na exhortations I call those ones o. no be sermon.

That's very funny but sad (I can imagine the argument).

(1) (Reply)

One World Religion Headquarters To Open 2022 / Link To Download Free Gospel Messages / Abuzola's Confusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.