Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! (68152 Views)

How Bet9ja Virtual Almost Ruined My Life!!! / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! / Am I Too Old To Further My Education? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by cvibe2: 10:23am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife visit

https://www.begambleaware.org/gambling-problems/

To help resolve your gambling addiction

2 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 08, 2018
Hey beautiful kiss
LivingFree:
Cool story cool
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Haryourjb(m): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2018
No Matter what, pls, pls, pls.....suicide Is not an option.....
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2018
have been on low.. key with this harsh economy.. cool
McBrooklyn:

Lol.. Yeah Bruv, just been trying to keep my head above waters... cool

How you dey na??
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Hardlife: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2018
johnydon22:
email your number to me.
08108604610. that is it. thanks for your concern.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Albinoflash(m): 10:24am On Jul 08, 2018
U can only stop nw cos u have nothing else to loose just like me,ur schøol,ur social life,infact ur life,but if their be any hope bro u have to stop.4 me wat i did to stop was to criticise the game (virtual) any shop i go to ,making people knw how badly i have lost so much on it ,and that i will never try to play it not even once.anytime i have the urge to play i remember all the tins i said abt it and d mockry i will get i just had to stick with live bet .though am gradually trying to quit everything soon.bro to tell u d truth it is easier to take ur life than to stop virtual at this stage o,i have tot of suicide self
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Jethrolite(m): 10:24am On Jul 08, 2018
oyb:

you may feel that you re safe, however, you will soon have children [if you don't already] who will be far more susceptible. bet9ja is conciously targeting subsets of people who they can make lifetime gamblers.

why do you think western governments have banned cigarette ads? because they recognized that these were snaring people into habits that would destroy their lives. note - i am not calling for a ban, but regulation

businesses of all kinds are there to make profit. some will do it ethically, others do not care. emzor directly profited from codeine sales to addicts. ie they were actively involved in aiding and abetting drug dealers. thats the road you find yourself when businesses are not regulated

yahoo boys make the same argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NScg98gYumI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14anj-8OM0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZKzItDZ9fU
Wow, all these for me. Bros abeg I hope say you de use this your skill make money?

I can't even reply you because I know what I know, I know I'm not safe and I intend to manage present and future situations the best way I can. I also realise heaven has my destiny written already and I can strive to achieve it as much as I can.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by cvibe2: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2018
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by wehdone(m): 10:25am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
i cant even tell anybody my situation. I cant stand The look of disappointment on their faces but i want to quit.

I can't type much, but
1st, you need new habits
2nd, you need new friends
3rd, you need new hobies
Lastly, you need new jobs/anything that takes your time.

Hobies, what would you prefer you spend your time on? How about learning graphics design? Networking? Somethin, anything??

Habits, what is that thing u want to do, but won't be ashamed of doing?
Friends, slow down with your current crop.
Lastly, decide that you don't wanna enter the forking bet houses. Arm youself with money, plenty money... But don't ever go in there. Make it a game... Trill yourself with pride of how much money you have but refuse to enter there. Then grow from there, STOP THINKING ABOUT BETTING.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:25am On Jul 08, 2018
With the situation is facing now.. is rather saying the truth I don't believe he is lieing.. :-
Organism000:

Are you saying he is stating the truth ?

I havent totally believed the tale.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by LyfeJennings(m): 10:26am On Jul 08, 2018
Hmmmmm.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by ozoebuka1(m): 10:27am On Jul 08, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Bro.. he is addicted to it.. is not ordinary all we just need to tell hime to go to a church for deliverance.. and tell her mom about the. Way forward he is ready to change. He has learnt his mistake...
only if you know how addiction breaks the hearts of those that love you, you won't be here defending him... He needs and deserves all the pure and crystal truth he is getting here that you call bashing. Addiction is selfishness and until you recognize that, you can't stop... I pray he stops being a selfish person and starts being empathic.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Jethrolite(m): 10:27am On Jul 08, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
If you go to some bet9ja shope you will see people using there property to borrow money.. even laptop.. phone. Televison and so on just because of bet9ja.. may God help us.... quote author=Jethrolite post=69185130]Lol, those hypocrites. Please mention a democracy that practises free trade where gambling is not allowed. USA has Las Vegas, even China self has Macau. This guy self never start, I know people that have gambled away real fortunes. He just needs to get a hold of his life, a career can not be built on gambling.

I also want to chop Bet9ja money but I have come to the conclusion the best way is to own my mega shop. Na N1m to start I de find like this so and I intend to add a lending service to my shop, who no want get sense go get sense by force when e use N2m Camry borrow N500k or use that N550k iPhone X borrow N50k with 30% interest monthly.

This world is survival of the fittest, survive or die. I may sound harsh but that is the reality.
So it is happening already, I know there is a market for it. I want to taste the money and fine tune the lending business then I can take it nationally. Raise between N1m to N100m to borrow gamblers exclusively.

Omo time no de o! Money must be made.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Hardlife: 10:27am On Jul 08, 2018
vikakuzzdrumzy:
your whatsapp number is ok
(Mo
i am not on whatapp now. my phone is bad. 08108604610. you can hide your own number when you call or text me if you have benefits of doubt. thanks once again

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
With the situation is facing now.. is rather saying the truth I don't believe he is lieing.. :-

Then, what he needs is total defragmentation of the sub-conscious programming.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by solexybaba(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2018
I play bet also.bt I try not to play dat visual because I hav somtin engaging my time.i work so wen I book my games I sent it to be printed out. Den i go to work,at leisure time I checked coupon. If E set I go pick my cash, if E no set I kip trying. So Wot am trying to say is dat idleness is ur one problem.get somtin positive to engage ur time.wen u loose to much go on break.like 2weeks, am not saying gambling is Gud bt tinz hard for d country so dos kind mony go reduce som stress n maybe 2bottles n psoup.to help u chill.do ur best to help urself.i hav seen ur type alot within my area. Som biznes closed.u can do it.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Kingsley1000(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2018
if I could stop virtual soccer betting,trust me op,your story is not that bad

I once lost my school fees,house rent and pocket money in betting,I was so addicted then......thank God I have limited my betting.I bet only 100 naira per week

6 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2018
He has realise his mistake and he is ready to change
ozoebuka1:
only if you know how addiction breaks the hearts of those that love you, you won't be here defending him... He needs and deserves all the pure and crystal truth he is getting here that you call bashing. Addiction is selfishness and until you recognize that, you can't stop... I pray he stops being a selfish person and starts being empathic.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:30am On Jul 08, 2018
grin grin
Kingsley1000:
if I could stop virtual soccer betting,trust me op,your story is not that bad

I once lost my school fees,house rent and pocket money in betting,I was so addicted then......thank God I have limited my betting.I bet only 100 naira per week
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Snowstorm: 10:31am On Jul 08, 2018
Omo oluwa bi ti bo so wo aye.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Hardlife: 10:31am On Jul 08, 2018
Albinoflash:
U can only stop nw cos u have nothing else to loose just like me,ur schøol,ur social life,infact ur life,but if their be any hope bro u have to stop.4 me wat i did to stop was to criticise the game (virtual) any shop i go to ,making people knw how badly i have lost so much on it ,and that i will never try to play it not even once.anytime i have the urge to play i remember all the tins i said abt it and d mockry i will get i just had to stick with live bet .though am gradually trying to quit everything soon.bro to tell u d truth it is easier to take ur life than to stop virtual at this stage o,i have tot of suicide self
thanks bro. God help us all. Please since you have started your own recovery process, dont try to go back. Thanks for your concern
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:32am On Jul 08, 2018
How do you think he can stop it... for me i was once and adddicted 5 years ago i. With the work am doing now.. I don't even have time takless of entering live score..
Organism000:

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 08, 2018
Jethrolite:
Wow, all these for me. Bros abeg I hope say you de use this your skill make money?

i just realised you are one of the many slow thinkers here so i took the time to spell it all out for you. i usually do not bother, but gambling is a growing epidemic that governments are ignoring because of tax returns. others will read and understand

I also realize heaven has my destiny written already and I can strive to achieve it as much as I can.

small wonder. you're another of those selfish Nigerian Christians who drives past accidents crowing 'not my portion. my miracle working god guided from the calamity that hit my human beings' . i am always blessed and everyone else can go to hell

https://www.nairaland.com/4605279/finished-bet9ja-virtual-ruined-educationmy/11#69185421
So it is happening already, I know there is a market for it. I want to taste the money and fine tune the lending business then I can take it nationally. Raise between N1m to N100m to borrow gamblers exclusively.

Omo time no de o! Money must be made.
or going from your other posts on the subject - you're desperate to join the train of exploiting poor nigerians so you can cash in BEFORE the inevitable regulation and end of the gravy train. you actually want more people like hardlife who you can impoverish then turn round and insult.

https://www.nairaland.com/4473040/nairaland-auto-dealers-brokers-stop

thats says all that needs to be said about you. dodgy hustler

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by shegsrules(m): 10:34am On Jul 08, 2018
Same bet9ja wey people for chop them early part of world cup scam people and returned their money. First make up your mind, hangout with people who don't fancy betting and try never going to a bet house. Start from their then pray about your situation
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Hardlife: 10:34am On Jul 08, 2018
Organism000:

how can i do that please. Share some ways for me. I believe what you are saying. I feel that urge whenever i play and its the same anticipation to get that urge that pushes me to play. How can i overcome it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 08, 2018
I don't bet,but I won't say that betting is wrong because it is legal and has saved many lives as well,so you have to look at both sides before judging.
Now the thing is this,anything that is capable of giving pleasure or happiness can lead to abuse,so its not just about gambling,so many things in life can lead to addiction, in fact almost every human is addicted to one thing or the other,just that it may not become so bad that it becomes obvious.
Dear Op your problem is not betting(although technically it is),ur problem is self control,since you have admitted that betting is or has ruined your life,you simply have to STOP,there is no other way around it,creating this thread may be of help but I doubt if it will be enough,go and see a therapist, it is unfortunate that in Nigeria many people hesitate to go for therapy when needed,and I don't even know how accessible and qualified our counselling system is in Nigeria, but t then you have to try.
Always remember that people have faced worse addiction than tours,at least your own is that you are broke and depressed, what of people that have lost their health to maybe drugs,so believe that you can overcome your addiction and then work towards that.
Another thing is that you should find something that would keep you busy and productive,find something else that would give meaning to your life, it can be academics,job,public service or helping the needy,or even a relationship,yes loving someone can bring meaning to your life.
Then lastly,coming to the religious aspect, a lot of people have been advising you involve "God", now even though I'm not a religious person and I know that religion might never be more that a placebo,I would still advice that if you are a religious person you should try to be committed to your religion, that will give you More focus in life,I know that it is weird for me to be saying this though but in your situation it can give you some help,but I must warn you don't expect that if you go for deliverance all your problems will become solved,no,in fact going to church like I said would only help you psychologically,you would still need to put in the same amount of work like you would if you didn't go to church

I wish you all the best
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by adenlemmanuel: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2018
I understand this game can be addictive and I won't say its not your fault....you are an adult and we should be able to hold you for your decisions.
you decided to ruin your life and you are doing it well.
recovering is also a matter of your decision

Admit it that you are a lazy, undisciplined, covetous young man looking for free money and who has never worked in his life despite the fact that you are In the productive age group.

possible recovery steps.

1.Get a legitimate job and earn your own money and stop being lazy, sweat for your own money, i guess you will be more responsible spending it...

2. don't handle large amount of money at a time...have others help you with payment and savings until you are more disciplined.

3. control your impulse, think more about the 4 wasted years and the shame you have endured before you enter the next bet shop. learn from your past, so go engage yourself in other activities at your free time (maybe a board game with your siblings at home).

4. pray for wisdom.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by monimekaz(m): 10:39am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
Please try and read to the end.
I am a young guy early twenties. I
have been playing virtual since 2014.
I was never this useless and
unpurposeful.
My life changed when i entered university.
It all started in 2014 when i walked
into a nairabet close to my school and
saw people playing virtual. I decided
to play, as i remember i won that
period. I never knew the day i started was the
day i gave the devil the key to my life. In 2014, i spent my school fees on
virtual, lost everything. Sold my
phones, my feeding money and
everything. All went to virtual. So i was not able to continue my
education, though i remained in
school not letting my parents know till
this year. Dear reader, from 2014 to date have
been the worst years of my life. I stole
to play virtual, sold my properties, my
clothes, shoes. I became an addict. Even not being a
formal student, i still collected money from my parents, school fees
and allowance. Everything ends up in
virtual house. I could not even buy good clothes.

This is it bro ,until you find something that will give something close to the money you are looking for in gambling ,you can't stop gambling .Look for another way of making steady income ,if not bro ..believe me the worst is yet to come
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Darima(m): 10:43am On Jul 08, 2018
My Brother no be only you Oo... Na idleness Dey cause am.. Get something doing.. And u will have better things to think of instead of going to the shop..
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by OdiaI(f): 10:48am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
thank you ma'am. i cant even access my mails now. my phone is bad. All thanks to virtual again. But if you are willing, i can drop my number. You can call me or text me. Please if you feel i am a scam, hide your number when you call or text me. thanks for your concern
You don't have to explain. But if you can't access your mails because you don't have a phone, how did you register on NL and how are you able to reply my quote? If you have access to a system, you should be able to access your mail. I had the mind of helping before but you are not being truthful. Come out clean if you need help, you shouldn't turn to lying to garner empathy. There are people who are willing to help people who have gone through what you went through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by oscarpet: 10:48am On Jul 08, 2018
I am one of the addict I nearly killed myself, but I took a decision and put an end to virtual soccer. gambling is evil it will lead u to many things. today I have stop but mastubation it lead me into I don't know how to stop. God help me.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by kuffy05(m): 10:49am On Jul 08, 2018
Jethrolite:
Lol, those hypocrites. Please mention a democracy that practises free trade where gambling is not allowed. USA has Las Vegas, even China self has Macau. This guy self never start, I know people that have gambled away real fortunes. He just needs to get a hold of his life, a career can not be built on gambling.

I also want to chop Bet9ja money but I have come to the conclusion the best way is to own my mega shop. Na N1m to start I de find like this so and I intend to add a lending service to my shop, who no want get sense go get sense by force when e use N2m Camry borrow N500k or use that N550k iPhone X borrow N50k with 30% interest monthly.

This world is survival of the fittest, survive or die. I may sound harsh but that is the reality.

Lolz grin
You've been there before bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian / What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? / When Daddy Graduated From The University Through Runs (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.