Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! (68083 Views)

How Bet9ja Virtual Almost Ruined My Life!!! / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! / Am I Too Old To Further My Education? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Just2endowed2(m): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2018
Op why not see a psychologist. It will help
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Wallade(m): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2018
My advice:

Can you try to avoid stepping into gambling house or visiting gambling sites for about 5 years. Concentrate on your academic activities and review your life afterwards.

I know it will be difficult but if you could do it with a succeas rate of 95%. Then you have broken away and also mastering the art of discipline.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Addictdoctor: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
Please try and read to the end.
I am a young guy early twenties. I
have been playing virtual since 2014.
I was never this useless and
unpurposeful.
My life changed when i entered university.
It all started in 2014 when i walked
into a nairabet close to my school and
saw people playing virtual. I decided
to play, as i remember i won that
period. I never knew the day i started was the
day i gave the devil the key to my life. In 2014, i spent my school fees on
virtual, lost everything. Sold my
phones, my feeding money and
everything. All went to virtual. So i was not able to continue my
education, though i remained in
school not letting my parents know till
this year. Dear reader, from 2014 to date have
been the worst years of my life. I stole
to play virtual, sold my properties, my
clothes, shoes. I became an addict. Even not being a
formal student, i still collected money from my parents, school fees
and allowance. Everything ends up in
virtual house. I could not even buy good clothes.

Addiction has eaten deep globally, feel free to mail Classifiedaddicted@gmail.com for a guide if you know you need help, all cases are treated with confidentiality.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by zlantanfan: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
seriously bro. You think i am joking. Did i beg you for money. All i need are the recovery processes to get my life back. I am frustrated. Thank you for your understanding
firstly you have taken a good step to acknowledge you have a problem, next that same conviction needs to always remind you subconsiosly that virtual is bad for you.

If you can find a way to go back to sch( a new sch and environment) even if its college of edu, try to get busy as much as you can with a new hobby becos gambling has become your passion and hubby.

In the build up don't allow so much money pass through you and try to go to church more and meet people who are making efforts to progress.

Forget your old friends, just build a new environment and ideology.

If you need more I can continue
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by emmy9500: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2018
Get a job. U need Jesus but that is not the ultimate solution. Addiction to gambling is just like masturbation , u decide to o quit but u find yourself going back to it and in Ur cas it very simple not to b an addict since u need a shop to play the virtual. Now check yourself u decide u want to stoo, but when u are idle u go back to playing virtual as they say "an idle man is the devil's workshop" So get a job or something u find passion for. It might b learning how to play a musical instrument, learning how to code or any passion u Ave, so that during u leisure time u re practicing those new hobby so that u can be better in them
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by phase1: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
seriously bro. You think i am joking. Did i beg you for money. All i need are the recovery processes to get my life back. I am frustrated. Thank you for your understanding

You need a rehab asap. Your relatives have a big role to play. They must stop allowing you to keep too much cash.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 08, 2018
CaptJeffry:
You must be a stupid gambler. I gamble in Vegas whenever I spend a weekend there but I stick to my limits.

Anyway why am I wasting my time when you might just be a random scammer. undecided

Don't mind the føøl. He's trying out a new local format he has just been taught.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by AerialMapper: 8:53am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
PLEASE I KNOW ALOT WILL NOT BELIEVE MY STORY. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO VIRTUAL GAMBLING. ONLY THEN WILL YOU UNDERSTAND.

ANYONE WITH SIMILAR EXPERIENCE. PLEASE HOW DID YOU QUIT. WHAT WERE THE RECORVERY PROCESSES YOU USED. I AM FRUSTRATED. I WANT TO QUIT. BUT I KEEP ON CHASING MY LOSSES. PLEASE HELP ME. I WANT TO GET MY LIFE BACK TOGETHER AGAIN. I AM TIRED. PLEASE HELP ME sad

This statement here explains why you are addicted. You are chasing your losses and will keep losing. Remember, the house always wins and you can never recover your losses. Never!!! This is what keeps you trapped in the cycle of gambling. Write off the losses...forget it

3 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Kissgrafix1(m): 8:54am On Jul 08, 2018
Mehn same story with me.... God helped I never gambled again ... You just have to be determined not to gamble again... Now my life is better ... Discovered lots of talent ... I make money without having to gamble ... Now my mom is very happy with me ....
Took a lot of pains from me ... But now am happy with my sef ... Spent over 2million on betting ��� but God has helped me a lot ... Bro you'll be fine ... Just be close to God ... You'll get everything back....
Sold my tv spent my hostel rent spent my school fees on betting for 4 years bro ... M a better man now ..
Thanks to God

3 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Capitano1(m): 8:54am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
Well, i took last jamb, i passed very
well to the joy of everybody. They thought i was back to being
normal but secretly i was still playing
virtual. Virtual has eaten deep in my blood. All the money i managed to save
before the jamb period while at home
still ended up in virtual. I want to stop but i cant. Fast forward everything to today the
7th of july. I took the money for my
post utme form to play virtual. My heartbeat was felt by the person
close to me when i lost the last kobo i
came with. Till now i have not
stopped thinking, nobody knows. now
i am thinking how to get the money
back. I am a dead man alive. Gambling has eaten deep into my
soul. i am finished. I AM TIRED AND FRUSTRATED,
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME. I
WANT TO STOP. I WANT TO HAVE MY LIFE BACK
TOGETHER. PLEASE HELP ME IF
YOU HAVE HAD SIMILAR
EXPERIENCE. I AM DYING SLOWLY. I NEED
HELP. TODAY I HAVE PUT A
STOP TO IT. GOD HELP ME.
PLEASE
HOW CAN I QUIT FOREVER
You are addicted already. And the possible measure to take at this point is to find something to replace your gambling. Find a skill online,practice, read books on how to manage money too, and lastly get yourself close to God too.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by chuks5552: 8:55am On Jul 08, 2018
Please My brother it is Only Jesus That can give you peace of mind and help you to stop gambling. Look for a church like OPM and pick assignment. It is Only Jesus that can help you.You cannot stop it by your power if I tell you my own bet9ja story it is even worse than your own, I am composing a book full of my stories I have vowed to fight bet9ja with my blood

Tell your mother to take you to OPM in rivers state.

My gamble experience is More than TEN YEARS in hell

I never graduated because I spent my school fees in gamble, feeding money going hungry started smoking drinking masturbating

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by MrNigeria2018: 8:55am On Jul 08, 2018
Easiest and fastiest way to stop this madness

Place a curse on it

Trust MeV you ll stop

The moment you remember that you have already place a curse on your return to gambling, you ll begin to ignore the thought of it
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by doubleportion: 8:55am On Jul 08, 2018
Even though I don't do gambling, I discovered from your submission that you put yourself in this situation. Why because you are too greedy! I know some habitual gamblers that will never use more than #100, #200 to to play,wisdom they said is profitable to direct. Your solution begins by telling your parents the truth in other to get life back on track. But before then you need extra ordinary strength to help your ordinary strength which you earned by giving your life to Jesus Christ. He will rehabilitate you. But I know the devil will not want you to toll that lane,the more reason you need to surmmon courage. I didn't see you a gambler,I see you as someone who carries great grace.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by FunnyDude(m): 8:56am On Jul 08, 2018
You need a therapy. The stuff wrecked me during those day. But today I'm a free man. Earned 30k in 3days with my skill.. No more betting again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by IdeyFindWife: 8:56am On Jul 08, 2018
LexngtonSteele:
Gambling and most other forms of addiction are often self-inflicted.

Don't even start otherwise it's a downward spiral.

I know i have bad self-control so i don't even indulge / taste.

Wish you the best in recovering the pieces of your life

Sharp guy.

People with "Addictive Streak" gene or "Dependency" tendencies who know their limits and are wise it disciplined about it often appear the strongest.

He would be wise to admit to himself that 'if given the chance, gambling go kill am', knowing deep down now that whatever Superman he is supposed to be in life, gambling is his kryptonite will help him dancer away from the edge.

He's lucky. What about us that chicks are our kryptonite nko? Do we walk around beaches blindfolded? Does betshop chase you like chicks do?

He's problems are simple, he just needs to realize himself and get a whole new set of life stimulants, catalysts & dreams to motivate him like godliness, therapy, mentoring & monitoring (accountability), skill acquisition, strong support groups, relationship with 'hard target' kinda high-achieving females etc

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by onegig(m): 8:57am On Jul 08, 2018
oyb:

Go easy on the sanctimonious talk. Gambling is one of those addictions you hope you do not stumble into. Alot of Nigerians are being snared. It's the same way they are snared by mmm etal. The difference in this case is that the govt has still not intervened.

The phrase used to describe gambling is 'the house always wins'. Even if you hammer small today, you wil lose it after.

I saw a frightening ad where a couple were planning to buy stuff from proceeds of gambling money. Truly frightening, as people may actually be dumb enough to believe betnja is in the business of dashing people money

In saner climes you can't even be advertising gambling on National TV . Here anything goes.

I can say for a fact 100% from the little computing experience that I have that those virtual games are rigged. So you can never ever make profit out of it. It is certain. Serious research has been done by all these virtual betting companies and the algorithms are designed in a way that the payout is never ever to the detriment of the company. Most use Russian/Vietnamese softwares and we all know what shithole those countries are when it comes to cheating. More reasons why they need to be banned by the government.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Kingsley1000(m): 8:58am On Jul 08, 2018
betting,brothel and clubbing almost ruined me during versity days...thank goodness I still come out with an awesome grade
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by dingbang(m): 8:59am On Jul 08, 2018
akyus:
Sir, I will like to get a pos, please what are the requirements?
have an existing office/shop outlet, 2 current acount referees, an android phone.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by chairman00100: 8:59am On Jul 08, 2018
what you need is motivation, and no one in nairaland is going to give it to you,, your case is very simple, I know of somebody with this same problem and others with related problems like addiction to smoking and other very bad habits and my advice is always the same motivation...........if your life depends on whatever and you don't really want to die..........You will know what to do. may the Grace of GOD to do what you need to do be on you
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Swtfruitzrecord(m): 8:59am On Jul 08, 2018
Admin401:
You should kill yourself because you are hurting the people around you. I'm sure your parents haven't done anything to deserve the kind of pain you are causing them. Think about it this way, by killing yourself - even though your parents will feel pain at your demise - you are actually saving them from years of pain and agony watching their own son wither away from what you call 'virtual' ( I don't even know what that means) I don't want you to think I'm being harsh on you but for once, put your parents needs first and not yours, you ungrateful bastard.
Easy on him, we don't wanna hear another case of depression cause it kills faster than a venom from a cobra.. the young man needs a help.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by mayortm001(m): 8:59am On Jul 08, 2018
Its like my brain was locked in a bottle.

It is locked in a bottle. Talk to your God.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 08, 2018
ZxN657:
Are you a sports bettor? Visit my signature.
bro send me to your email. I would mail you now
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by showafrica(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2018
Limit your stake to 100 Naira no matter the temptation to hit. Suddenly u will realize the sure game is just galas and you will begin lose interest.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by id4sho(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2018
naso ponzi wan finish me. I was busy building castle in the air. Thanks to JESUS for saving me. Hard work pays

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by dzousev(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2018
Self discipline matters....
I work in one of their shops...a mega store at that..
At first I was very addicted to it..with d notion that, I kill them or they kill me..we die here notion...unfortunately, I couldn't... They actually killed me...there was a week I won close to 150k but lost 300k a week later....That was my turning point.. (You can't win them).. have this in mind then u are free....I work there, I play games for customers.. But for 4 months I haven't staked a bet 4 my self..and am happy.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by oluwaahmed: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2018
JixNation:

If men begin tell you wetin virtual done do Dem!
You go hate this life!

Ehen, so people dey lose money well for virtual?? Omo Na 2 open virtual/bet9ja shop oom no time.
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Kingsley1000(m): 9:01am On Jul 08, 2018
if I start calculating how much I have lost in betting,it's more than 500k cheesy

op your story na child's play where my own dey

2 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by nelsonebby(m): 9:01am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
PLEASE I KNOW ALOT WILL NOT BELIEVE MY STORY. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO VIRTUAL GAMBLING. ONLY THEN WILL YOU UNDERSTAND.

ANYONE WITH SIMILAR EXPERIENCE. PLEASE HOW DID YOU QUIT. WHAT WERE THE RECORVERY PROCESSES YOU USED. I AM FRUSTRATED. I WANT TO QUIT. BUT I KEEP ON CHASING MY LOSSES. PLEASE HELP ME. I WANT TO GET MY LIFE BACK TOGETHER AGAIN. I AM TIRED. PLEASE HELP ME sad SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME THAT LOSING MONEY WAS NOT THE PROBLEM I THINK I HAVE. THE WAY MY SUBCONSCIOUS MIND AND BRAIN HAS BEEN REWIRED IS THE BIG PROBLEM. TRUTH BE TOLD, I FEEL RESTLESS WHEN I DONT HAVE MONEY TO PLAY.

WHENEVER I AM PLAYING, I GET THIS HIGH LEVEL PEOPLE GET WHEN THEY SMOKE WEED. I FEEL FUELED. THE BIGGER THE AMOUNT I STAKE, THE BIGGER THE THRILLS I GET. HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE. COULD THIS BE THE REAL REASON I AM ADDICTED AND NOT BECAUSE OF MY LOSSES sad
Guy,I got admitted into school in 2013.
How i managed to graduate last year is still a shock to me.
I went through the same thing
My friends were the ones that saved my life
How I wish you were lucky like me.

If u see betting shops just jaapa!!! grin

Nowadays I play betting games for fun only.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by newbie2018: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2018
oh virtual have almost wrecked lives but if you quit you will bounce back.

I remember 2 Yoruba corper friends who came to serve in the state I reside, they played virtual and broke house records and even their own records of highest amounts ever won.

fast forward to a month later, they started working in a bet9ja shop, I never knew a bet9ja shop was a possible PPA and in first week they lost 85k to virtual they were playing even while working... they kept breaking their debt records every week, their allawee was the bet9jas owners own for many months, I fed these corpers for months while they struggled to pay their debts, they even had to call money from their parents back home they never left with a single dime, no savings from allawee nothing, they passed out broke in fact some debts had to be swept under the carpet.

that virtiual we call it ritual back then... So happy we all living better lives now without virtual. we still tease ourselves about our stupidity back then.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by Kingsley1000(m): 9:01am On Jul 08, 2018
if I start calculating how much I have lost in betting,it's more than 500k cheesy

op your story na child's play where my own dey
Re: I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! by davidonwuka21: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2018
Hardlife:
Please try and read to the end.
I am a young guy early twenties. I
have been playing virtual since 2014.
I was never this useless and
unpurposeful.
My life changed when i entered university.
It all started in 2014 when i walked
into a nairabet close to my school and
saw people playing virtual. I decided
to play, as i remember i won that
period. I never knew the day i started was the
day i gave the devil the key to my life. In 2014, i spent my school fees on
virtual, lost everything. Sold my
phones, my feeding money and
everything. All went to virtual. So i was not able to continue my
education, though i remained in
school not letting my parents know till
this year. Dear reader, from 2014 to date have
been the worst years of my life. I stole
to play virtual, sold my properties, my
clothes, shoes. I became an addict. Even not being a
formal student, i still collected money from my parents, school fees
and allowance. Everything ends up in
virtual house. I could not even buy good clothes.

Good day my brother,

Its never too late for you to start afresh, but to be sincere you bleeped up big time!! am not blaming you now for playing virtual but I blame you for not going for classes...

My story::.... I used to be a virtual addict from 2013 when I was in 2nd year first semester.. every day I sleep in virtual spent all my school fees from that level. till final year, but I never for one day missed any of my exam instead I put the expense on my parents head, when ever they send money to me I used it for sorting of courses. while my feeding money and my lodge rent and school fees go for gambling..
immediately I graduated I went direct to my parents and pleaded with them, I told them the truth of every thing..at first they disowned me but later accepted me.. though the money was much to pay but they gave me all.
at first I intended using it for gambling but I seized the passion for it..

went to school and paid every thing and late payment...believe me my name came e out for service and I made 2.1 in the university...not because I was very intelligent but because I was wise enough to see that my exams are going perfectly and my project was sorted to...

summary: you were not they only person addicted to this which is bad!! but your mistake was to take your education for granted!!. you should not have stopped going for your classes and exam..is better you owe the school and your record is good so that once money enter you go for your certificate....

take heart is never too late!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

"This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing / Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian / What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.