Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" (1242 Views)

Ladies: How Do You Reply A Guy When You Are Not Interested? / Ladies! What's The First Thing You Notice About A Guy When He Approaches You / My Boyfriend Is A 1minute Guy; When I'm Very Wet He Cums In A Minute Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by mrphysics(m): 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
There is a recent proliferation of this question among women. Most guys get asked this question "why do you want to marry?"

To me this question is dumb, illogical, and not necessary.

To women
Most guys do not know why they should marry. One of the goal of due diligence carried out on any approaching potential husband is to know if he has the right mentality about marriage and why he needs one. So when you discuss marriage with your partner/girlfriend, she will throw forth the question "why do you want to marry". To ladies, most men marry out of desperation, pressure, and lust. So what is the purpose of getting married to him when he can't give a convincing reason why I should follow him to the alter?

To guys/men

This question does not make sense. Why ask a grown man like me such a question? To a man, asking him such question is synonymous to questioning his maturity, integrity, and sense of responsibility. Of course he knows what marriage is, before deciding to go into one, he understood the need for it. Having come to terms with everything, including the troubles therein, responsibilities, and other demands of marriage, there is therefore no reason why you should ask him such question.

Analysis
The problem I have with the question is that every lady who ask such question believe they know the reason for marriage while the candidate/guy/man may not know why he needs to marry. So who gets to ask women same question?

That question isn't necessary. If a man whom you've been with for sometime asks for your hand in marriage, you have two options, YES or NO.

While I might be wrong, I want to get opinion from guys who have answered this question before. And to the ladies who ask this question, what is your aim and purpose for asking? Guys, how do you feel when asked this question?
Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by Bluezy13(m): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
Would you ask a man why he is a man

The answer is your answers.
Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by SenorFax(m): 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
Same way most guy feels, "Strange", followed by a little smile, then a big "Am not ready" kinda answer.

Only a guy that is ready for marriage will feel neutral

Honestly, marriage to unmarried guys is kinda scary to most.
Nobody wanna get stabbed, or baptized with hot water, or worst get hospitalized with a severed powerhouse (dhick) for any reason.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by KingTugreat: 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
I always tell them am never going to get married.i have already married myself
Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by mrphysics(m): 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
KingTugreat:
I always tell them am never going to get married.i have already married myself
cheesy cheesy Bros.

Marriage is beautiful but the kind of news coming out from that union scare some of us but then, we must overcome it.
Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by mrphysics(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
Bluezy13:

Would you ask a man why he is a man

The answer is your answers.
Exactly bro. My friend was asked same question last week, and he was just shocked and didn't know how to answer that question.

To me, it's either you say yes or no. Don't start asking me question as if I am not sure of what I want.
Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by mrphysics(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
SenorFax:
Same way most guy feels, "Strange", followed by a little smile, then a big "Am not ready" kinda answer.

Only a guy that is ready for marriage will feel neutral

Honestly, marriage to unmarried guys is kinda scary to most.
Nobody wanna get stabbed, or baptized with hot water, or worst get hospitalized with a severed powerhouse (dhick) for any reason.
Hehehehe. That question is a big turn off.
Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by KingTugreat: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
mrphysics:

cheesy cheesy Bros.

Marriage is beautiful but the kind of news coming out from that union scare some of us but then, we must overcome it.

its good for some people its not good for me
Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by mrphysics(m): 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
KingTugreat:

its good for some people its not good for me
Hmmmmmmm. Don't get me scared bro
Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by njele: 10:26am On Jul 16, 2018
hello, I wish to contact you but does not know how to reach you my e-mail is: njelefacfel@yahoo.com
Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by Originalsly: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2018
Most guys are asked this question by who?...I'm confused. I can understand a guy being asked by his guys/friends...especially if they have good reasons to believe his 'fiancée ' is not wife material. But for the 'fiancée ' to be asking that question makes no sense unless she senses the man has an agenda...wants to marry for some other reason....like getting a Green Card... getting in on her family wealth etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel As A Guy When Asked "Why You Want To Marry" by ebukason3(m): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
mrphysics:
There is a recent proliferation of this question among women. Most guys get asked this question "why do you want to marry?"

To me this question is dumb, illogical, and not necessary.

To women
Most guys do not know why they should marry. One of the goal of due diligence carried out on any approaching potential husband is to know if he has the right mentality about marriage and why he needs one. So when you discuss marriage with your partner/girlfriend, she will throw forth the question "why do you want to marry". To ladies, most men marry out of desperation, pressure, and lust. So what is the purpose of getting married to him when he can't give a convincing reason why I should follow him to the alter?

To guys/men

This question does not make sense. Why ask a grown man like me such a question? To a man, asking him such question is synonymous to questioning his maturity, integrity, and sense of responsibility. Of course he knows what marriage is, before deciding to go into one, he understood the need for it. Having come to terms with everything, including the troubles therein, responsibilities, and other demands of marriage, there is therefore no reason why you should ask him such question.

Analysis
The problem I have with the question is that every lady who ask such question believe they know the reason for marriage while the candidate/guy/man may not know why he needs to marry. So who gets to ask women same question?

That question isn't necessary. If a man whom you've been with for sometime asks for your hand in marriage, you have two options, YES or NO.

While I might be wrong, I want to get opinion from guys who have answered this question before. And to the ladies who ask this question, what is your aim and purpose for asking? Guys, how do you feel when asked this question?
this mrphysics is like someone I know outside nl Njoku Chukwu..

(1) (Reply)

Cosmetic Surgery In Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Port Harcourt, Enugu And Nigeria / Lady’s Bra Strips Off During BBNAIJA Audition In Abuja (video & Pics) / Lovely Yellow Heeled shoes for Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.