Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? (597 Views)

This Is What Will Happen In The Coming Years. / Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? by tendawarrior1(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
A friend of mine posted this guys. Do u agree?

Re: Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? by tendawarrior1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
do you know DT money nd sex are the roots of all problems in marriage??
Re: Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? by Ephort: 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
I thought you wanted to ask a question instead of advancing an argument.
For knowledge sake, rape is impossible to occur in marriage, the same way a man is incapable of being raped by Nigerian laws. Except the law changes, what we call rape sometimes could only pass as assault, defilement (for persons under a certain age) etc.
Re: Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? by thesicilian: 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
Those who claim rape cannot happen in marriage do not know what rape means. To be forced against your will, with total disregard for your feelings, emotions or physical state, is not something that any one of us will want to experience, both male or female.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? by Greene66: 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
Ephort:
I thought you wanted to ask a question instead of advancing an argument.
For knowledge sake, rape is impossible to occur in marriage, the same way a man is incapable of being raped by Nigerian laws. Except the law changes, what we call rape sometimes could only pass as assault, defilement (for persons under a certain age) etc.

Rape is forceful sexual intercourse without consent or approval by the other party. A man forcing his wife for sex Is still rape. She can get hurt or bruised during the forceful action as such, it can be reported. That our law enforcement are stupid doesn't mean the law is. I've seen a married man arrested for this in Lagos. The wife reported him.

Armed robbery is obtaining money forcefully using a weapon such as Gun or Knife. A wife who doesn't use a gun or knife to get money from her husband is not perpetrating Armed robbery.

Thanks
Re: Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
rape occurs even in marriages, your friend bringing up that lame logic is embarrassing
Re: Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? by MISEDUCATIONS: 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2018
lets put cameras in all homes and solve this issue once and for all.
Re: Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? by Ephort: 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greene66:

Rape is forceful sexual intercourse without consent or approval by the other party. A man forcing his wife for sex Is still rape. She can get hurt or bruised during the forceful action as such, it can be reported. That our law enforcement are stupid doesn't mean the law is. I've seen a married man arrested for this in Lagos. The wife reported him.

Armed robbery is obtaining money forcefully using a weapon such as Gun or Knife. A wife who doesn't use a gun or knife to get money from her husband is not perpetrating Armed robbery.

Thanks

My dear, it's not about how you define it or your seeing a married man arrested for whatever reason. The truth is that our penal code, criminal code and other allied laws are very restrictive in their definition of rape. It has nothing to do with our law enforcement authorities.
Have you ever seen a man convicted for raping his wife in Nigeria? A man can be convicted for assaulting his wife (sexually or otherwise) and not for raping her. It cannot happen unless the law is repealed. Irrespective of how we both see it, law is what it is until repealed. There are other things about our laws you may argue against, eg. It's not an offence recognised by Nig. laws to sleep with someone's wife/husband. It's not rape when a man is forcefully penetrated anally by another man. It can come under some other offences but not rape.

There is a grave difference btwn law as it is and law as it ought to be.
Re: Can Rape Happen In Marriage??? by KingTugreat: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
Yes it can, only when a woman rapes a man.If a man sleeps with his wife it is no case afterall her bought with his hard earned money,clothe and house her,so she is his property.He can sleep with her when and where he wants

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Get Married / Toolz Warns Men To Stop Sending Her Pictures Of Their Manhood / See Photos Of Wizkid’s 1st And 2nd Baby Mama Develop Bond Of Mutual Affection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.