Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,925 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:36 AM

Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction (217550 Views)

One More Night 18+ (complete Story) / Kiss Me One More Night / Kiss Me One More Night - Episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by OLAFIMIX(f): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
Good of you
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by pacifust058(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
Thanks for the update, Rose
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Amarita(f): 12:21am On Jul 19, 2018
I can't wait to read the end of this story.....
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Chizim1: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2018
Thank you more wisdom to your brain, carry go i dey front dey wait 4 u here, but don't keep us waiting 4 too long thanks once again
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2018
Rosemary33:
Episode 7

What was it that made her walk away that night? Guilt? shame? Or pity, not for herself but for him. She was at the verge of getting promoted for the second time that year while she was preparing for her wedding to Ken, she remember what her MD told her the day she gave him her invitation card.

“You have to work extra hard for promotions and increase, now that you are getting married, you know marriage has a way of slowing women down” her MD had said to her

She had hated how Mary remained as an executive Marketer, three years after her Marriage to her husband, how she kept fronting her kids and marital status as an excuse for her incompetence, how she took more day offs, and would report to work late with the excuses of sick children. She had also hated the fact that Mary’s husband seemed to control her life, Mary would be the first to leave the office after work, bringing in her husband in every conversation, including official ones. She had watched Mary lose her passion and career mindedness as she settled to family life and motherhood, Grace had vowed not to end up like Mary, nor her mother, who had the chance of becoming the Local government Chairman in 1998. Grace was ten years then, she did not understand quite well what was going on, but she saw her parents argued a lot, saw her father screamed at her mother each time she came home late from those party meetings.

“How could you abandon these kids for some useless politics? Have you forgotten you are a woman? Your primary assignment lies with these children” her father would said to her Mum

“I told Nwamaka to come look after them” her mother would try to defend herself

Nwamaka was her father’s sister who came once in a while to stay with them, she was like a second mother to her and her brother.

“What would Nwamaka do, would Nwamaka breastfeed Ekenedilichukwu your eight month old son?”

Her parents kept having those arguments until her mother learnt to speak back to her father, with the same anger and tone. Her father could not take it anymore so he summoned her mother’s kinsmen, Grace later learnt that her mother was giving the option of abandoning her political career to put her home in other, or forget the marriage entirely.

Her mother choose to stay with them, but was never happy, she ceased every moment alone with them to lament about how unfair she was judged, how she would have been better off as a single woman, how threatened her father was with her political success, and how she hope Grace her daughter would grow into a formidable woman, and achieve the feats she was denied of.

When she finally said yes to Ken, Her mother was skeptical about her getting married to a business Igbo Man, who would not understand anything about a woman building a career, but she assured her mother that Ken was not just educated but also the Son of a woman who was once Vice Chancellor of a University.

“Wasn’t your Father a PHD holder, yet he killed my political dreams?” her mother argued

But she felt Ken understood her love for her job. A month to their wedding she raised the issue of waiting for few years before having babies and Ken vehemently objected to it.

“Children are one of the spices of Marriage, why should we delay having them” he say.

She knew she was in trouble, she couldn’t start having Children immediately, she wanted to secure her seat as the Head of Advertising and Promotions first and prove she was worthy of the seat before she would settle down into motherhood, Ken did not want to listen to her reasons nor did he want to compromise his stand, so she turned elsewhere for advice.

The Driver tooted the horn as he navigated his way out of the gridlock that has become part of motorists who uses Ipebi Road, into Toyin Street.

The house came into view, what used to be her home, she could remember the pride in Ken’s eyes, the day he brought her to that house for the first time, he wanted to surprise her on her birthday and it was surely one of the best days of their Married lives, he had smiled when she asked how he managed to hide the building from her, and for why there are many rooms in the house since it was only the two of them, he said:

“ our daughter will have that room closed to ours, that is why I painted it pink, and the remaining four rooms will be for our three sons and of course the Masters is for us!” he was grinning all over

As the cab pulled over in front of the gate, she looked at the house again, the memory of what happened between Ken and herself the last time she came to the house came so fresh to her, the strong sexual attraction and her longing for him, she doubted her comportment and self control with Ken.

“I am here already, it’s just a harmless date” she said under her breath

“Where you talking to me Ma’am?” the cab driver called back

“Oh no… here is your money, I will call you when am ready to go” she dismissed the cab Driver

Ken felt like beating himself after he dropped the phone, he couldn’t wait for Edu to leave before he picked the phone and made a total fool of himself, to think that he lost words to say immediately he heard her voice from the other end of the Phone.

“I should have known she was not coming” he said to himself

Like always, she have proven to him that she has a Mind of her own and cannot be talked into making compromises that do not bring profits to her

“mtcheeewww” he hissed and walked towards the Kitchen

Edu would not forgive him for denying him the pleasure of eating the ‘Ofe-Akwu’ before he left, he was able to convince Edu to eat the remaining Egusi soup in the freezer, telling him that the ‘Ofe-Akwu’ was for him kinsmen who would be coming later for a meeting, whether he believed the lie, Ken could not tell.

He opened the Pot of Rice, he had lost his appetite, picked a plate to serve himself, the door bell rang, he ignored it at first, picked the serving spoon, but the persisting Door bell made him drop the plate and made for the door.

He was shocked to see her standing like an Angel at the door, both of them said nothing to each other for some minutes, he blinked severally to make sure she was actually standing there and not his imagination:

“Are you going to keep me standing here?” she asked bemused

Mrs Onwuka has been searching channels of her television without much interest until she settled for Discovery station, her daughter’s favorite cable station, yet her thoughts kept wondering like a Man on a quest for discovery from the past.

She kept having the feeling of guilt, the silent accusation, the invincible but steady eyes watching her with scorn.

“She would have been better off without your counsel” the words whispered loudly to her

She switched off the Television and walked towards the Dinning. Thirteen years after her husband perished with the Sosoliso Plan crash, on his way back from Abuja, his company’s annual meeting, leaving her and the children devastated. Contrary to what his family thought, she was broken, she did not realize how much he had meant to her and the children until the news of the crash, they had their arguments and had said awful things to each other, she thought she hated him for preventing her go fully into politics, and she ended up as a school principal, she had called him ‘Anti-feminist’ and an ‘Enemy of her progress’ severally, yet when she heard about the crash, hot tears blinded her, she tried his numbers all with no answer. What were the last words he said before he left to Abuja?

“Martha, you have been angry with me for five years, am tired, I know you are too, please tell me what to do to make you love me again” he had looked into her eyes, they were sitting at the dinning, she held his gaze for a while, she knew she was tired of hating him, yet she wanted him feel miserable a little more,

“The deed has been done Nchekwube, there is nothing you can do to change it” she didn’t mean that, she was only playing the game, in fact she had planned to surprise him on his birthday that year, but she wanted to enjoy the glory of breaking him and his useless ego.

“Am travelling tomorrow” he said later

“will stay only for two day and will be back on Saturday, I wish we could plan on how to spend this Christmas as a family this time, but it’s up to you” he moved his chair backward and left for the room.

But he didn’t come back to her, they didn’t plan the Christmas like he had wanted, rather he mocked her with his death, punishing her without words, laughed at her in his grave. She cried like her life was ended also

“How can one reconcile with the dead? How can one plead for mercy from him whom has decided to take a forever journey? Why did he not reject death? Why did he leave her to the scorning teeth of his kinsmen?”

The grandpas’ clock on the wall struck three-thirty, she had to start getting ready for the Catholic Women Organization meeting, and she also needed to stop at the market to buy meat against Sunday. She invited her daughter Grace over for launch tomorrow, she would speak to her about her Marriage, or what is left of it

Episode 8

“Why did you do it?”

Ken finally asked the question that has been in his heart like a stone, the confusion that hung on his mind like a heavy laden on the neck of a bull.

They finished eating few minutes ago and Grace had offered to do the dishes.

“Dinner was great” she had told him with excitement.

“I am glad you finally made it, I thought you wouldn’t come” he had replied

It had been long they eat together like this, and it seems like ages since he saw her cute face lights up with excitement after a meal. But he had another thing he would want to settle with her.

He stood by the door watching her, her shoulder suddenly went stiff, she did not turn to look at him, neither did she say a word, she was tensed, he knew this because she was scrubbing the plates harder than usual.

“Why did you prevent us from having at least a child?” he asked again, this time louder

Grace heard him before, she never wanted to answer this question, not the first night he asked her, the night he discovered she had been on IUCD in other to prevent herself from getting pregnant. Her monthly flow had gone from regular to very heavy after the process, she tried calling her doctor but he wasn’t answering, she decided to send him a message:

‘My flow has become very heavy after this implant, I seem to be using two always sanitary pads every month instead of one, is it normal?’ The text read

She had forgotten to delete the message like she deleted her conversations with Madam Kemi, who gave her the suggestion in the first place, and her other conversations with the doctor on appointments for the deed.

She heard her phone beeped, a message alert from her Doctor it was, a responds to her previous text message to him, she was in the Bathroom when it came, but before she made her way to the table to get her phone, Ken, her husband was already with the phone, looking at it like someone who saw a ghost, his face was drained of blood, and was as gray as ashes, perspirations was on his forehead and was dripping down like that of a man sentenced to prison with heard labor.

“Grace!” he whispered in horror and disbelief
“All these years, we had prayed together,
asking God for a Baby!” he continued

She stood there, with her blue towel wrapped loosely around her, her legs became so heavy, her slippers felt like an army boot filled with sand, she open her mouth with no words, she saw tears streamed down his face, she blinked several times wishing it was all a dream, that she didn’t take that one decision that was bringing this pain to her Man.

He stood up, grabbed his shirt, struggled to put on his shoes, took one look at her again and said:

“I need to get away from you right now”

He came back to an empty house, she packed few things and left him a simple Note

‘Am sorry for being so foolish, I don’t deserve you’

That was months ago, the guilt of what she did still hang around her, and he had chosen to bring up the issue after a perfect dinner.

“I…I don’t know” she finally answered, still backing him
“I don’t know Ken” she said louder, facing him now.

How can she tell him that she was desperate to be double promoted that she sacrificed those years to secure the promotion? That she was afraid that getting pregnant would slow her down, and that She had to seek advice from Madam Kemi, her group leader in church, who told her to go for family planning without her husband knowing?

“What he doesn’t know will not hurt him”
Madam Kemi had replied when she was scared of Ken knowing.

“You can’t have it all Grace, It’s not bad to delay child bearing for few years” Madam Kemi had encouraged her when she wanted to say no to the suggestion.

She had watched her husband pray for a set a twin every morning during their Devotions;
“Give us double for our waiting oh Lord” he always prayed

Ken moved towards her, held her by her arms, shook her angrily
“I deserve an explanation Grace, you couldn’t give me any answer then, you are not giving any answer now, I need to know why Grace!” he shouted

“I don’t know Ken! I was being foolish and selfish, I couldn’t face myself nor you”

“I called you,Grace but you did not pick my calls, I sent messages you did not reply, you sent your lawyer to me a month later with a flimsy message, what was that supposed to explain?” ken continued

“I did what was best for us at the moment Ken” Grace said

“You did what was best for you Grace!” Ken interrupted

“You need a woman that will be there for you, give you all the children and will be ready to compromise, I am not that woman” Grace said amidst tears

Ken was silent for a while, he battled within himself not to raise his voice on her again

“I did not pick your calls because I did not know what to say to you, I was ashamed of myself, I was due for another promotion and the position was too tasking that getting pregnant at the moment would have placed me at the loosing ends, I realize how stupid I was later, I don’t deserve to be married, not to a Man like you” Grace continued.

“ Did you get the promotion?” he finally asked
Grace looked at him sharply, why he would ask her this now baffled her

“Did you?” he asked again

“yes” she answered

“at least you got what you wanted, congratulations” he sighted and walked out of the kitchen, leaving her gazing at his shoulders.
“Ashawooooo!!! Oloriburuku Radarada, Oloshi!!!

Imelda was amused “typical quarrel between women” she said

“Yes o Auntie, this place na one day one drama” the Malam selling suya to her replied

“She dey pretend like she no dey hear me!” the voice continued, this time closer to her now

“Auntie, e bi like say na you this woman they talk to o” the Mallam said to Imelda

“Agba iya! Na you I dey talk to” the woman who owned the voice roughly pushed Imelda

A glance at this woman told Imelda that this woman, who ever she is, was ready to fight her

“Madam what did I do to you now?” Imelda asked in confusion and fear

“Ah! You dey ask me kwesior (question) see this husband snatcher! O” the woman was flinging her stretched hands in the air, beckoning on everyone who cares to gather round

“Ewo! You don’t know me o! you just dey Bleep my husband, they chop im money dey shine!, I go kill you o, Wo` emi yoo pa o” she was clapping with every word

“Jesus! I don’t know this woman o, Madam you are embarrassing …” Imelda was about completing her words

“Thunder fire that your mouth Idiot, Oponu, Ole! Thieffffuuuu! You no go know me again abi, the time way you dey open you Toto (vagina) for my husband your Oga you no know say him get wife?” the woman continued amidst cheers and boos of the crowd that gathered to view the drama.

She held Imelda by her top, tore her top and held firmly at her bra to tear it off too, but was stopped by some spectators.

“Iwo’ (you) I will deal with you for this Lagos” the woman said as people struggled her hands off Imelda’s bra.

The excitement was so tensed, Imelda held her half torn bra, covering her breasts with her left hand and was desperately looking for an escape route, some hoodlums took advantage of the situation to get free fleshly satisfaction as they were taking turns to touch the breasts that were also fighting to be free from covering, and her buttocks as well, it was when she settled in a car belonging to a passer-by that she noticed her bag has been stolen

5 Likes

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
Episode 8

“Why did you do it?”

Ken finally asked the question that has been in his heart like a stone, the confusion that hung on his mind like a heavy laden on the neck of a bull.

They finished eating few minutes ago and Grace had offered to do the dishes.

“Dinner was great” she had told him with excitement.

“I am glad you finally made it, I thought you wouldn’t come” he had replied

It had been long they eat together like this, and it seems like ages since he saw her cute face lights up with excitement after a meal. But he had another thing he would want to settle with her.

He stood by the door watching her, her shoulder suddenly went stiff, she did not turn to look at him, neither did she say a word, she was tensed, he knew this because she was scrubbing the plates harder than usual.

“Why did you prevent us from having at least a child?” he asked again, this time louder

Grace heard him before, she never wanted to answer this question, not the first night he asked her, the night he discovered she had been on IUCD in other to prevent herself from getting pregnant. Her monthly flow had gone from regular to very heavy after the process, she tried calling her doctor but he wasn’t answering, she decided to send him a message:

‘My flow has become very heavy after this implant, I seem to be using two always sanitary pads every month instead of one, is it normal?’ The text read

She had forgotten to delete the message like she deleted her conversations with Madam Kemi, who gave her the suggestion in the first place, and her other conversations with the doctor on appointments for the deed.

She heard her phone beeped, a message alert from her Doctor it was, a responds to her previous text message to him, she was in the Bathroom when it came, but before she made her way to the table to get her phone, Ken, her husband was already with the phone, looking at it like someone who saw a ghost, his face was drained of blood, and was as gray as ashes, perspirations was on his forehead and was dripping down like that of a man sentenced to prison with heard labor.

“Grace!” he whispered in horror and disbelief
“All these years, we had prayed together,
asking God for a Baby!” he continued

She stood there, with her blue towel wrapped loosely around her, her legs became so heavy, her slippers felt like an army boot filled with sand, she open her mouth with no words, she saw tears streamed down his face, she blinked several times wishing it was all a dream, that she didn’t take that one decision that was bringing this pain to her Man.

He stood up, grabbed his shirt, struggled to put on his shoes, took one look at her again and said:

“I need to get away from you right now”

He came back to an empty house, she packed few things and left him a simple Note

‘Am sorry for being so foolish, I don’t deserve you’

That was months ago, the guilt of what she did still hang around her, and he had chosen to bring up the issue after a perfect dinner.

“I…I don’t know” she finally answered, still backing him
“I don’t know Ken” she said louder, facing him now.

How can she tell him that she was desperate to be double promoted that she sacrificed those years to secure the promotion? That she was afraid that getting pregnant would slow her down, and that She had to seek advice from Madam Kemi, her group leader in church, who told her to go for family planning without her husband knowing?

“What he doesn’t know will not hurt him”
Madam Kemi had replied when she was scared of Ken knowing.

“You can’t have it all Grace, It’s not bad to delay child bearing for few years” Madam Kemi had encouraged her when she wanted to say no to the suggestion.

She had watched her husband pray for a set a twin every morning during their Devotions;
“Give us double for our waiting oh Lord” he always prayed

Ken moved towards her, held her by her arms, shook her angrily
“I deserve an explanation Grace, you couldn’t give me any answer then, you are not giving any answer now, I need to know why Grace!” he shouted

“I don’t know Ken! I was being foolish and selfish, I couldn’t face myself nor you”

“I called you,Grace but you did not pick my calls, I sent messages you did not reply, you sent your lawyer to me a month later with a flimsy message, what was that supposed to explain?” ken continued

“I did what was best for us at the moment Ken” Grace said

“You did what was best for you Grace!” Ken interrupted

“You need a woman that will be there for you, give you all the children and will be ready to compromise, I am not that woman” Grace said amidst tears

Ken was silent for a while, he battled within himself not to raise his voice on her again

“I did not pick your calls because I did not know what to say to you, I was ashamed of myself, I was due for another promotion and the position was too tasking that getting pregnant at the moment would have placed me at the loosing ends, I realize how stupid I was later, I don’t deserve to be married, not to a Man like you” Grace continued.

“ Did you get the promotion?” he finally asked
Grace looked at him sharply, why he would ask her this now baffled her

“Did you?” he asked again

“yes” she answered

“at least you got what you wanted, congratulations” he sighted and walked out of the kitchen, leaving her gazing at his shoulders.
“Ashawooooo!!! Oloriburuku Radarada, Oloshi!!!

Imelda was amused “typical quarrel between women” she said

“Yes o Auntie, this place na one day one drama” the Malam selling suya to her replied

“She dey pretend like she no dey hear me!” the voice continued, this time closer to her now

“Auntie, e bi like say na you this woman they talk to o” the Mallam said to Imelda

“Agba iya! Na you I dey talk to” the woman who owned the voice roughly pushed Imelda

A glance at this woman told Imelda that this woman, who ever she is, was ready to fight her

“Madam what did I do to you now?” Imelda asked in confusion and fear

“Ah! You dey ask me kwesior (question) see this husband snatcher! O” the woman was flinging her stretched hands in the air, beckoning on everyone who cares to gather round

“Ewo! You don’t know me o! you just dey Bleep my husband, they chop im money dey shine!, I go kill you o, Wo` emi yoo pa o” she was clapping with every word

“Jesus! I don’t know this woman o, Madam you are embarrassing …” Imelda was about completing her words

“Thunder fire that your mouth Idiot, Oponu, Ole! Thieffffuuuu! You no go know me again abi, the time way you dey open you Toto (vagina) for my husband your Oga you no know say him get wife?” the woman continued amidst cheers and boos of the crowd that gathered to view the drama.

She held Imelda by her top, tore her top and held firmly at her bra to tear it off too, but was stopped by some spectators.

“Iwo’ (you) I will deal with you for this Lagos” the woman said as people struggled her hands off Imelda’s bra.

The excitement was so tensed, Imelda held her half torn bra, covering her breasts with her left hand and was desperately looking for an escape route, some hoodlums took advantage of the situation to get free fleshly satisfaction as they were taking turns to touch the breasts that were also fighting to be free from covering, and her buttocks as well, it was when she settled in a car belonging to a passer-by that she noticed her bag has been stolen

5 Likes

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by pacifust058(m): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by bimberry1307(f): 11:09am On Jul 20, 2018
Nice update but e small oo. Don't mind me o, I be Oliver Twist, always wanting more. thanks anyway.
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Ann2012(f): 11:42am On Jul 20, 2018
Nice one Rosemary33

Update please
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
Episode 9

"What you need gentlemen, is a promotion that will bring your company back in the minds of consumer's " Chuka said

Wilson beverages has been trending on the news after an alleged discovery of high level of Aspartame in one of their sugar free soft drinks, the company has been having some problems coming up top on the consumer's list after the allegation and battles with NAFDC.

"And how do you intend to achieve that " Mr Morgan Cookey, the Chairman, board of directors asked Chuka

"Re-branding Sir, some of the beverages needs to be re-branded " Grace came in, saving his Junior colleague who was looking lost at the moment

"Young lady, explain what you mean, we are not here for your grammar " another board member said impatiently.

"A change from bottles to attractive plastic containers, for the affected soft drinks, change the designs on the bottle and the label" she continued

"And how do we push it back to the market?" The company's head of Marketing asked

"that is where we come in sir, we have a competent Advertising team that can come out with a perfect advert, we can talk to some of the celebrities in the movie and Music industries, since these guys already have large followership on social media, featuring them in the advert and making one or two of them brand ambassadors will be an advantage" Grace explained

"These guys are not cheap, we are already loosing money, we can't risk the little money we have on paying celebrities for advertisement" A board member put in

"giving a company a business lift does not come cheap sir" Chuka answered, looking directly at the board member

"Besides, we can bargain with these guys, you are not paying them upfront, Business is a risk sirs, which you should be willing to take... "

"That is if it's worth it " someone cut in
"you may not know how good a venture is unless you try, your company is a household name, you are only having this problem with a product and we need to get it back to the market, won't you do anything to achieve that? " Grace asked.

The were silent for a while, then a murmured agreement between the board members before the Chairman spoke

"Okay young lady, you have succeeded in convincing the board members to give this a try " he said

"thank you so much sir " said Grace and Chuka

"But... If this fails, I will not hesitate to have your head, Tell your boss that I said so" the chairman added

"we will not fail you sir " Grace said amidst chuckle

"thank you Gentle Men and women, we can now retire for the day" chairman addressed his board members

" Lady and Gentleman, follow me to my office to sign some papers " he said to grace and Chuka.

"Your Boss told me you can pull this off for us " Mr Morgan said as he led her into his heavily furnished office.

Chuka had decided to wait for her in the car, saying he have had enough for the day and would want to get some food for himself

"I now know why, you are a very brilliant young girl... And beautiful too " he added

"thank you sir, I'm trying my best"

"Drop the 'Sir', call me Morgan, we can be friends you know " Mr Morgan said with a smile

He pulled out some papers from a file on his table, took out his pen from his breast pocket and apext his signature on three different papers before handing them over to grace.

"You can take them with you if you want to study them before signing, but you and your Team should get to work as soon as possible " he said

"Sure sir, we will get to work immediately " Grace said

"Ehmn... I hope I can take my leave now Sir" she asked

"Yes, sure " Mr Morgan stood up and walked towards her, he was close, too close and this was making her uncomfortable

"Dinner anytime? " he asked few breaths away behind her

"I don't think so Sir, I really don't like going out late" she said laughing uncomfortably

"oh common, It's a harmless dinner, and besides, I like you already" Mr Morgan was leaning on his desk, looking at her lustfully

"I appreciate that Sir but, I am... Ehmn.. Married " she nearly choked saying that, she had been using that to keep Men from having anything to do with her aside business. A fresh guilt hits her like a rock immediately she said it.

"Don't deceive yourself Grace, I know you are divorced" he said, enjoying the look of surprise on her face

"See, you need a powerful man like me in your life, you are divorced and I am a widower, you are the type of woman I want, and you need me as much as I need you " Mr Morgan was enjoying seeing her get uncomfortable

Her phone rang:

"Yes... Yes, I will be with you in a minute " She responded to Chuka who was already impatient and needed to know what was keeping her

"Sir I really need to go now, my colleague is waiting "

Grace already made for the door handle when she felt his hand around her waist,

"Excuse me Sir?" she pushed his hand off her waist and gave him a warning gaze.

"Oh am sorry, I didn't know this will offend you"

"of course it offends me "Grace thought
She was about to walk out from his office when he asked:

"When was the last time you had fun with a Man Grace?" his face was daring, mocking and there was a smile at the side of his mouth

"Sir? " she was shocked

The hot sun made her skin coil as she walked out of the magnificent tall building used by the managements of Wilson Beverages, a reminder of how hot a typical Sunny day can be in Lagos.

"I was wondering what was keeping you Ma" Chuka gave her a knowing look

She ignored him, and entered into the Toyota corolla 2010 model that serves as the company's car. She hated the feeling helpless she was having at the moment, if not that she had to do her job and get the contract signed to their advantage, she would have given Mr Morgan the brain resetting slap he needed.

"What a Jerk " She said under her breath

"Ma? " chuka responded

She dismissed him with a wave of hands. They were already on their way back to the office when she remembered that she needed to be in Church, She had promised her mother, when she was with her yesterday, that she would try and see the Pastor's wife, her mother was talking passionately about building her marriage again, what was that word again?

"what ever that made you and Ken divorce can be sorted out, do not make the mistake I made, I lost a good Man because of my pride " her mother had said

She had listened to her mother with little attention, she made little contribution to the conversation, the relationship between mother and daughter has not been a beautiful one, though she was surprised to see her mother show emotions and feelings for her father, after years of disagreements and hatred between them.

What she did not tell her mother was that there was no hope for her in the life of Ken anymore after what happened on Saturday in Ken's house.

She looked at the time, it was already some minutes past 5 pm. The pastor's wife would be in her office till 7 pm, she was not sure what to discuss with Mrs Jaja, their church pastor's wife, she have not been to church for about three months now, after the pastor preached with her as a case study on a Sunday service, after she told him about her divorce the previous Saturday.

A message came through her phone

Hi, just checking on you, hope you are ok, Mr Adekola is inviting both of us to his birthday this weekend at his place, he doesn't know we are no longer together,can you come? Let me know please. Ken

"was he really checking on me, or was he trying to use me to keep a relationship with his costumer?" she thought

"Oga Salami please drop me off at the junction before you head to the office " she instructed the Driver

"Ma'am are you not going to report to MD, he will be waiting? " a confused Chuka asked

"tell him I will see him tomorrow morning, I need to see someone" she said

As she got down, she could feel Chuka's eyes boring hole on her back, with an unsaid mockery and hatred. She knew Chuka was not comfortable working under a woman as his boss, she knew he has been thinking that she sleeps with Mr
Ogungbeso, their MD, she also knew that Chuka must be thinking that she was making out with Mr Morgan in his office after their presentation earlier at Wilson beverages.

There was no love lost between the both of them, Chuka hated her the first day she was introduced to him as his boss, she saw it in his eyes even though he tried to hide it.
She actually enjoyed seeing him answer to her with respect as the boss, even though she knew it made him cringe.

She walked pass Mama kayode the Akara seller, and entered into the Church compound

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by marychommy(f): 6:02am On Jul 21, 2018
nice story waiting for next.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 21, 2018
na wa oooh.... water day comot for my eye

OP come make l publish u abeg!!!

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by aliscomonaj: 7:18am On Jul 21, 2018
Is a good morning story. Rosemary we both are going to act this story i guess.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by irapada001(m): 8:18am On Jul 21, 2018
l have been following your write ups. Great story line, well done Rosemary

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by profjones(m): 9:57am On Jul 21, 2018
I've not really been a fan of reading stories on Nairaland, i only decided to give this particular one a trial when i saw it on FP this morning.
To be frank and precise, you've been doing a wonderful job all along madam. More golden ink to your pen Rosemary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by afolabiwunmi: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Shola2689(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2018
Good piece of writing

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Nickymezor(f): 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice one OP.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by levi2(m): 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice one Op, the suspense and use of simple and understanding English. I may suggest, don't take it the wrong way, that you actually need someone to proofread your work to correct some spellings and use of grammar. But in all, good work. Thanks for keeping us entertained, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
levi2:
Nice one Op, the suspense and use of simple and understanding English. I may suggest, don't take it the wrong way, that you actually need someone to proofread your work to correct some spellings and use of grammar. But in all, good work. Thanks for keeping us entertained, keep it up.
Thank you so much, I really need a proof reader, most times I am in a haste that I miss spell most words. Sorry if I put you through stress reading my story grin

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
profjones:
I've not really been a fan of reading stories on Nairaland, i only decided to give this particular one a trial when i saw it on FP this morning.
To be frank and precise, you've been doing a wonderful job all along madam. More golden ink to your pen Rosemary.
thank you so much. I hope to keep you entertained more
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
grin grin
aliscomonaj:
Is a good morning story. Rosemary we both are going to act this story i guess.
grin grin grin
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
Rosemary33:
Episode 9

"What you need gentlemen, is a promotion that will bring your company back in the minds of consumer's " Chuka said

Wilson beverages has been trending on the news after an alleged discovery of high level of Aspartame in one of their sugar free soft drinks, the company has been having some problems coming up top on the consumer's list after the allegation and battles with NAFDC.

"And how do you intend to achieve that " Mr Morgan Cookey, the Chairman, board of directors asked Chuka

"Re-branding Sir, some of the beverages needs to be re-branded " Grace came in, saving his Junior colleague who was looking lost at the moment

"Young lady, explain what you mean, we are not here for your grammar " another board member said impatiently.

"A change from bottles to attractive plastic containers, for the affected soft drinks, change the designs on the bottle and the label" she continued

"And how do we push it back to the market?" The company's head of Marketing asked

"that is where we come in sir, we have a competent Advertising team that can come out with a perfect advert, we can talk to some of the celebrities in the movie and Music industries, since these guys already have large followership on social media, featuring them in the advert and making one or two of them brand ambassadors will be an advantage" Grace explained

"These guys are not cheap, we are already loosing money, we can't risk the little money we have on paying celebrities for advertisement" A board member put in

"giving a company a business lift does not come cheap sir" Chuka answered, looking directly at the board member

"Besides, we can bargain with these guys, you are not paying them upfront, Business is a risk sirs, which you should be willing to take... "

"That is if it's worth it " someone cut in
"you may not know how good a venture is unless you try, your company is a household name, you are only having this problem with a product and we need to get it back to the market, won't you do anything to achieve that? " Grace asked.

The were silent for a while, then a murmured agreement between the board members before the Chairman spoke

"Okay young lady, you have succeeded in convincing the board members to give this a try " he said

"thank you so much sir " said Grace and Chuka

"But... If this fails, I will not hesitate to have your head, Tell your boss that I said so" the chairman added

"we will not fail you sir " Grace said amidst chuckle

"thank you Gentle Men and women, we can now retire for the day" chairman addressed his board members

" Lady and Gentleman, follow me to my office to sign some papers " he said to grace and Chuka.

"Your Boss told me you can pull this off for us " Mr Morgan said as he led her into his heavily furnished office.

Chuka had decided to wait for her in the car, saying he have had enough for the day and would want to get some food for himself

"I now know why, you are a very brilliant young girl... And beautiful too " he added

"thank you sir, I'm trying my best"

"Drop the 'Sir', call me Morgan, we can be friends you know " Mr Morgan said with a smile

He pulled out some papers from a file on his table, took out his pen from his breast pocket and apext his signature on three different papers before handing them over to grace.

"You can take them with you if you want to study them before signing, but you and your Team should get to work as soon as possible " he said

"Sure sir, we will get to work immediately " Grace said

"Ehmn... I hope I can take my leave now Sir" she asked

"Yes, sure " Mr Morgan stood up and walked towards her, he was close, too close and this was making her uncomfortable

"Dinner anytime? " he asked few breaths away behind her

"I don't think so Sir, I really don't like going out late" she said laughing uncomfortably

"oh common, It's a harmless dinner, and besides, I like you already" Mr Morgan was leaning on his desk, looking at her lustfully

"I appreciate that Sir but, I am... Ehmn.. Married " she nearly choked saying that, she had been using that to keep Men from having anything to do with her aside business. A fresh guilt hits her like a rock immediately she said it.

"Don't deceive yourself Grace, I know you are divorced" he said, enjoying the look of surprise on her face

"See, you need a powerful man like me in your life, you are divorced and I am a widower, you are the type of woman I want, and you need me as much as I need you " Mr Morgan was enjoying seeing her get uncomfortable

Her phone rang:

"Yes... Yes, I will be with you in a minute " She responded to Chuka who was already impatient and needed to know what was keeping her

"Sir I really need to go now, my colleague is waiting "

Grace already made for the door handle when she felt his hand around her waist,

"Excuse me Sir?" she pushed his hand off her waist and gave him a warning gaze.

"Oh am sorry, I didn't know this will offend you"

"of course it offends me "Grace thought
She was about to walk out from his office when he asked:

"When was the last time you had fun with a Man Grace?" his face was daring, mocking and there was a smile at the side of his mouth

"Sir? " she was shocked

The hot sun made her skin coil as she walked out of the magnificent tall building used by the managements of Wilson Beverages, a reminder of how hot a typical Sunny day can be in Lagos.

"I was wondering what was keeping you Ma" Chuka gave her a knowing look

She ignored him, and entered into the Toyota corolla 2010 model that serves as the company's car. She hated the feeling helpless she was having at the moment, if not that she had to do her job and get the contract signed to their advantage, she would have given Mr Morgan the brain resetting slap he needed.

"What a Jerk " She said under her breath

"Ma? " chuka responded

She dismissed him with a wave of hands. They were already on their way back to the office when she remembered that she needed to be in Church, She had promised her mother, when she was with her yesterday, that she would try and see the Pastor's wife, her mother was talking passionately about building her marriage again, what was that word again?

"what ever that made you and Ken divorce can be sorted out, do not make the mistake I made, I lost a good Man because of my pride " her mother had said

She had listened to her mother with little attention, she made little contribution to the conversation, the relationship between mother and daughter has not been a beautiful one, though she was surprised to see her mother show emotions and feelings for her father, after years of disagreements and hatred between them.

What she did not tell her mother was that there was no hope for her in the life of Ken anymore after what happened on Saturday in Ken's house.

She looked at the time, it was already some minutes past 5 pm. The pastor's wife would be in her office till 7 pm, she was not sure what to discuss with Mrs Jaja, their church pastor's wife, she have not been to church for about three months now, after the pastor preached with her as a case study on a Sunday service, after she told him about her divorce the previous Saturday.

A message came through her phone

Hi, just checking on you, hope you are ok, Mr Adekola is inviting both of us to his birthday this weekend at his place, he doesn't know we are no longer together,can you come? Let me know please. Ken

"was he really checking on me, or was he trying to use me to keep a relationship with his costumer?" she thought

"Oga Salami please drop me off at the junction before you head to the office " she instructed the Driver

"Ma'am are you not going to report to MD, he will be waiting? " a confused Chuka asked

"tell him I will see him tomorrow morning, I need to see someone" she said

As she got down, she could feel Chuka's eyes boring hole on her back, with an unsaid mockery and hatred. She knew Chuka was not comfortable working under a woman as his boss, she knew he has been thinking that she sleeps with Mr
Ogungbeso, their MD, she also knew that Chuka must be thinking that she was making out with Mr Morgan in his office after their presentation earlier at Wilson beverages.

There was no love lost between the both of them, Chuka hated her the first day she was introduced to him as his boss, she saw it in his eyes even though he tried to hide it.
She actually enjoyed seeing him answer to her with respect as the boss, even though she knew it made him cringe.

She walked pass Mama kayode the Akara seller, and entered into the Church compound

This Episode was supposed to come before the Above
I was in a haste to go to work the day I posted the above, sorry for taking you back.

subordinate Episode

Imelda got home to meet Ahmad, engrossed on a football match showing at supper sports channel, he didn’t move nor respond to her greetings, she stood watching him for a while, the empty cup he used for tea in the morning before she left for work was still on top of the table, with dried chocolates in it, the plate that once contained the toasted bread now has ashes of the many cigarettes he had been smoking since morning, looking at him it was obvious he had not taking his bath. She gathered the cup, the plate and his boxes which he left there the previous night when they were at the heat of their passionate love making that always occur after a fight.

She just finished taking her bath when he walked in like a cat,

“Ti o ni wipe odo eniyan ti lo sile o si pa (who was that man that dropped you off )” Ahmad asked her, leaning by the door, his hands folded across his chest.

Imelda sensed the hostility in him, he was getting ready to beat her as usual, but she wasn’t ready for another beating that would make it the third one in a week, though she enjoys his pampering and the sex after the fight, but her body can no longer accommodate any pain, not when the pains from his last beating was taking time to heal.

She kept quiet. she had learnt over the years they had been together that giving him answers infuriates him, they graduated together from the university, while she was quick to get a job, Ahmad wasn’t that lucky, he was jobless for three years before she got him a job through a friend in a surveying company, a job he lost four months later due to a fight his Head of Management.
She started housing him a year later, after his rent expired and he couldn’t pay, she was convinced within her that Ahmad loved her but was frustrated because of his joblessness. Her boss, Chief Ogungbeso had promised her that he would help her get Ahmad a Job, she told him he was her brother, but up till two days ago, when chief took her on his office table like he normally did, he was still telling her that nothing has come up.

“Am I not asking you a question? Who was the Ogbeni that dropped you off?!” he shouted at her

“He… He… he is just someone that gave me a lift” she replied fearfully

“Just someone that gave you a lift you say? As in what na? as per queen Elizabeth that you are na abi?” he mocked her

“Ahmad, please, am not ready for this right now, I had a terrible day and…”

“What?.. what did you just say? Imelda! Were you by any chance talking back at me? You dey craze, are you going insane, you don forget who I be?”

Ahmad charged towards her, gave her a slap and pushed her to the bed. Her towel let loose, revealing her bare skin, he pulled his belt and started flogging her with all his anger, every lash followed with a derogatory and demeaning word

Imelda screamed until there was no air left in her lungs, when Ahmed got tired of lashing, he unzipped his trouser and decided to pay himself for a job well-done,

“Ahmad what are you doing? Ahmad please don’t do this… please am begging you please stop…” she cried

He paid her no ear, he thrust like he was lashing her, they have had sex severally after many fights previously, but he had never raped her before, he had never used her in her pains, he always pamper her and said sorry, showing how sorry he was with a passionate sex, but this one was new to her, and it was hurting her

“Is this not what you went there to do with the man? Because he has a car and I don’t? He bleeped you and you enjoyed it” he was thrusting deeper and faster

“Are you not enjoying my Bleep? You no like am? You dey shed crocodile tears, because say I no get motor, you dey follow men way get motor abi?” he ejaculated and climbed down from her.
He looked at her, and for a second Imelda could swear that she saw realization and remorse writing all over him, but it was soon masked with his deflected pride.

He took his trouser, and walked out of the room.

Grace woke up on Sunday with a headache, she had cried herself to sleep the previous night, her mistake and guilt was so heavy to bear, especially having Ken brought up the issues that led to their Divorce last night made her feel terrible a fresh. she had left his house with her eyes blinded with tears, he did not make any effort to stop her, she met him looking out the window when she came into the sitting room to pick her hand bag after calling her cab man, she stood for a while, contemplating whether to inform him of her departure or not, as she didn’t trust herself to say any word to him without crying a river, she quietly walked out of the door.

The tears were flowing freely as she sat in the taxi, her driver did not ask what her problem was but kept looking at her through the rear mirror.

She was still lost in her sorrow when the Driver pulled over in front of her apartment.

“Excuse me Ma’am…Ma’am… we are here” he politely reminded her that she was home.

She did not say a word, she only nodded at him, ruffed the inside of her handbag in search of the money she kept to pay the cab man, pulled out two thousand Naira and handed it over to him. She abandoned herself on her sofa immediately she opened her door and cried herself to sleep.
Her phone rang, she carelessly felt the sides of the sofa in search of the phone and finally found it under one of the arms of her sofa.

The phone rang again, it was he mother,

“Good morning Mom” she greeted strenuously, trying to sit up

“Ehen Nne, Kedu? (yes my daughter how are you)” her mother replied

“Am doing well mom, Aru disi”

“you don’t sound well, are you sick?” her mother asked

“No…not at all Mom, am just waking up and I have been working too much lately” she replied

“Ok, if you say so, though am not comfortable, anyway… hope you are still coming today?” her mother asked

“ah!” She exclaimed “I totally forgot, ok let me try”

“Mbakwa (No) Amarachukwu,” her mother started calling her that Name more often after the death of her father, her father was fond of calling her by her Native Name, ‘Amarachukwu’ the name reminded him of his own mother.

“You will not try, you will come down here in the next one hour, who you want me to give all these food I painstakingly made for you?” her mother continued

“I said I will try to come Mom” she said again

“When was the last time you visited me Amara? Has your father’s house become strange to you?”

“Mama I said I will come now, don’t start shouting yet” Grace assured her mother

“That’s better, see you in the next couple of minutes” her mother replied with finality and the phone went dead.

Her mother has always been controlling, she once angrily called her mother a control freak, when she was trying to push her brother, Ekenedilichukwu, into changing from theater art to Marine Engineering, two years after Ekene gained admission into the University. Martha Onwuka had frowned at her son’s choice of career and insisted that he choose Marine Engineering instead of theater art, but Ekene, unknown to his mother went for the later, when Mrs Onwuka got to know about the deceit, she was enraged, and threatened to stop paying his school fees if he did not change back to Marine Engineering.

“I don’t mind if you have to start all over again” she told her son over the phone.

It took Graces intervention for her mother to back off on her threat and allow her son to continue with his choice, though she ceases every moment possible to remind her son of how useless and unemployable he would be after graduation.
Graces checked the time from her phone, it was few minutes past eleven in the morning, she over slept, she did not blame herself for it, she couldn’t sleep the previous night because of her sorrow.

“Mary may call to know why I wasn’t in church today” she said under her breath as she staggered off the sofa, avoiding her shoes which she tossed carelessly the previous night

4 Likes

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
Now Episode 11 grin

Sister Uchendu and Deaconess Titi were leaving the church when Grace arrived, she stopped to greet them,

"mhmm" they both snorted at her and walked on,
She felt their eyes on her back as she walked on, their laughter and clap of hands trailed her.
She knew they were not happy to see her, according to Deaconess Titi:

"A woman who left her husband for strangers is not worthy to seat in church with Godly woman"

That was before she was suspended from the church for leaving her husband's house.
Grace walked inside the church, nothing much has changed since she last came to the church, except the three new split unit air condition standing at the alter and the choir stand.

"I ran into your mother last Saturday and she told me you need godly counsel" Pastor Mrs Edith Obi said as she offered Grace a seat in her cosy office, she was busy writing and did not look up for a while.

"you are not looking bad Grace, I can see that the Unction in this commission has been guiding you irrespective of your mistake and failures" Pastor Edith said with a patronising smile when she finally looked at Grace.

"The lord has been faithful" was all Grace said

"Grace, I want you to come back to the fold, come back to the Lord, let the lord cleanse you and restore you back to his glory " Pastor Edith admonished

"The lord is ready to cleanse you, the book of... "
Grace couldn't help but look at her lips, heavily made up with a bright red lipstick, shimmering like roasted pork fats, Grace's gaze traveled from Pastor Edith's lips to her enlarged bossom, she had added a lot of flesh these few months, looking at her will tell anyone that the church is feeding her shepherds really well.

Pastor Edith had condemned her months ago, when she came to her and her husband in shame, they had called her the hand made of the Devil sent to destroy the life of an innocent young Man.

"... Draw near to him and he will draw near to you" Pastor Edith continued

"Mama" Grace used the name they have bestowed upon the pastor's wife to befit her status

"I appreciate your concern, I don't know what my mother must have told you, but I have asked for forgiveness from God and have gotten it, I don't know if Ken will ever forgive me but seriously, I don't need admonishment from you or your husband "

"I don't know why you would want me back to this church " Grace continued "You said I was a bad influence to younger sisters, you never made any effort to help my marriage work, you threw me out to save the face of your church, the last time I checked your women leader is still your strong member, irrespective of her own secret sins"

"Grace, you never told anyone why you left your marriage, we just heard that you left, the night you came to us, you admitted that leaving Ken was for the good of both of you, so we assumed you wanted to walk away... Probably... Ehm... To some other Man of something, because no responsible woman will wake up one morning to leave her husband" Pastor Edith put in

"you people never gave me a chance, giving me time to deal with myself would have been the least you and your husband could have done"

With that, Grace stood up and walked out of the office.

As she sat in the taxi going home, she wondered why her mother, who had once hated marriage because of the grudge she bore against her father before his death, would suddenly change her perspective towards marriage, after the death of her father. Could she possibly be regretting the years open resentments, spoken anger and unspoken Love, years of not understanding and wrong choices?

She ran her fingers on the screen of her Infinix hot 4 mobile phone, the invitation to attend a costumer's birthday party with Ken laid among the many messages in her phone, and the desire to see him again lay in her heart.

Imelda got up from the bed some hours after Ahmad walked out of the room, he had come back later to pick his shirt, looked at her and left, he had told her earlier that he needed to go clubbing with the guys, she earned herself that beating when she pleaded with him to stay home with her. He accused her of trying to control him and eases his frustration on her again.

She had lain on the bed unclad and in pain, marks of Ahmad's belt curled like a snake on her stomach, her breasts and her thighs.

She couldn't moved her body at first, even when Ahmad came into the room, she could only move her face, she managed to look away from him, waiting for him to come to her, put his hands around her, show how sorry he was, offer to take her out or cook for her, even shed some few tears like he did two days ago, but he did not, she only felt his eyes on her naked body and that made her ashamed and cold.

When he closed the door behind him as he left, she felt her heart smashed with a thousand rocks at the sound of the door being closed, clutching herself on the bed, with her hands on her folded knees, she sobbed.

So hours later when she managed to walked out of the room, she noticed that he was gone, leaving the front door ajar.

She looked out from the door and caught the eyes of Mama Ruky looking at her questionably, and Her husband Baba Ruky was looking down at the floor, it was obvious the two must have been talking about her, they must have heart Her screams.

She painfully picked her slippers, and dusted the doormat, Mama Ruky must have noticed her pains because she ask:

"Imelda, you dey ok? "

"Hmm" she replied with a nod while avoiding Mama Ruky's eyes.

She walked back inside and shut the door before Mama Ruky's could start again with her many sermons.

Mama Ruky had once pleaded with her to let Ahmad go, to kick him out of her life and her house, that was last year, but she had warned Mama Ruky to stay off her relationship, after all, her husband has been sleeping with Kudirat her thirteen year old niece, and Mama Ruky had sent the girl out of her house after the girl opened up to her.

She went to the kitchen cabinet, took out a card of panadol, threw Two tablets inside her mouth and pushed it down her throat with water, she took the water back to the sitting room and sat down, sipped more water before dropping the glass at the table close to her.

The first time Ahmad beat her, he had complained about the sick looking Two pieces of meat in the soup she brought to him for dinner, he had demanded for more meat, but she told him that there was only one meat left, which she would want to eat, he was angry, accusing her of laughing at him for not being able to get a job, for not being able to provide money for food, when she tried denying the accusing, he hit her, the slap took her by surprise, then came the kicks and the choking.

He had claimed it was a mistake, that he was frustrated because of his failed job interview, had promised her that it would not happen again, he had shedded few tears.

One hitting done mistakenly gave birth to another, then another and yet another, until it became part of their relationship, the marks on her body becomes a symbol of their union.
Her phone rang, it was a number she barely know:

"Hello" she said

"Hi, it's me Kolawole"

She didn't remember any Kolawole

"the guy that gave you a lift from earlier two days ago..."

"Oh.. I remember now" she remembered him, the Angel that was there at the right time to save her from more shame, she remembered the smile he gave her when she was trying to cover her naked breasts from him, she remembered the scent of his perfume when he offered his jacket to her. He didn't even asked her why she was being disgraced by another woman in the street, as if he knew she wouldn't have been able to explain, yes she remembered him alright.

"I just want to know that you are fine" he said

"Yes I am, thank you so much, thank you for your help earlier" she replied
That was the only thing he had asked of her, her number, and she had given him.

"You sound tired, please have some rest" he said

"Ok, thank you once again " she replied

"Can I call you tomorrow"

"ehm... no please, I will be fine"

That night, Ahmad did not return, she lay alone, her sleep was everything by peaceful

11 Likes

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by omamush(f): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
we made it to front-page ooo.. Rosemary33

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
omamush:
we made it to front-page ooo.. Rosemary33
Seriously shocked
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Ann2012(f): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
Battering in a relationship is bad

Boyfriend for that matter, the earlier Imelda walk away from Ahmad the better for her
Thanks for the update
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by marychommy(f): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2018
kai women De try oooo upon my food my house my body all free of charge u go still beat me Mama never born u oooooooooooo. thanks for d update

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by michelKalib(m): 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
I'm surprised!
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Skimpledawg(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
marychommy:
kai women De try oooo upon my food my house my body all free of charge u go still beat me Mama never born u oooooooooooo. thanks for d update
Hey ma'am. It's a whole new level of obsession.
Do pray you don't find yourself in one
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by BuzoDeGr8: 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
To be frank, I have not been reading all these stories been pasted on this platform but I mistakenly looked at this one and it caught my attention all through. Very interesting keep it up but please still need to be updated ooh. Thanks very much #Rosemary33.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

My Madam And I (part Two) / Alone.. / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.