Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview (24674 Views)

UFC Fighter, Conor Mcgregor Gets 6-Month Medical Suspension After Losing By KO / Anthony Joshua Speaks Yoruba During Training (video) / Anthony Joshua Spotted Speaking Yoruba During A Training Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by 9gerian: 9:36am On Jul 11, 2018
He does deserve some accolades!!!

Well done!

nairalandbuzz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvmQBfBAFdI

Give him the accolade guys...

His twitter ID is @stylebender ... at least, he is repin 9ja than New Zealand or whatsoever

3 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 9:36am On Jul 11, 2018
ilyasom:
Yoruba Amaka
There is nothing like 'Yoruba amaka'. Pls stop mixing great Yoruba language with imbecilic ibo language.
We know it as 'omoluabi atata'

5 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 11, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

There is nothing like one-Nigeria. We are not one. If truely we are one, we won't need to say it.

Word. We need more of ur types among we yorubas. wink We will become the majority soon and take over our politics. More pple are losing faith in this contraption everyday. We brought the military down. We will definitely leave this country when we are in agreement to.

I thank God for nnamdi Kanu dt made us realize we live wt hateful snakes across the river naija. Dont want my children growing up wt all these children of hate. All they know is competition, aggression and hate. Emptiness.

2 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2018
janellemonae:

Word. We need more of ur types among we yorubas. wink We will become the majority soon and take over our politics. More pple are losing faith in this contraption everyday.
Thanks. We need to leave Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by fabulouskeem(m): 9:53am On Jul 11, 2018
typo error but thanks sha cheesy

miniziter:
Won or worn?

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by lekanation(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2018
post=69266336:

Wow!
This is so beautiful cheesy wink.
He even used the popular slang 'sho mo age mi ni?'
Who can translate the other Yoruba words?
This is PATRIOTISM @ its peak!
We are proud of you!
#RESPECT
you're highly sensible.. unlike those tribal warlords and insensible people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by 9inches(m): 10:48am On Jul 11, 2018
Omo naija. Proud of his roots.

1 Like

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 10:58am On Jul 11, 2018
janellemonae:

Word. We need more of ur types among we yorubas. wink We will become the majority soon and take over our politics. More pple are losing faith in this contraption everyday. We brought the military down. We will definitely leave this country when we are in agreement to.

I thank God for nnamdi Kanu dt made us realize we live wt hateful snakes across the river naija. Dont want my children growing up wt all these children of hate. All they know is competition, aggression and hate. Emptiness.
We are not benefitting anything from Nigeria. I always wonder why some Yoruba people are scared when we talk of disintegration. It is not like we have got anything to lose. I visited Benin Republic few weeks ago and despite being referred as a poor country, the country was beautiful! Cotonou is a beautiful place. In fact, it looks just like Lagos. This is a country with just 12 million people so why cant Yoruba do same when we leave Nigeria? There is nothing special about this country apart from its large population and enormous ethnic diversity - which has brought so much hate, trouble and killings.
Yorubas should leave Nigeria abeg. E done do make we commot. The country's future does not look bright. Our leaders will be our biggest impendiment in leaving this country

3 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

We are not benefitting anything from Nigeria. I always wonder why some Yoruba people are scared when we talk of disintegration. It is not like we have got anything to lose. I visited Benin Republic few weeks ago and despite being referred as a poor country, the country was beautiful! Cotonou is a beautiful place. In fact, it looks just like Lagos. This is a country with just 12 million people so why cant Yoruba do same when we leave Nigeria? There is nothing special about this country apart from its large population and enormous ethnic diversity - which has brought so much hate, trouble and killings.
Yorubas should leave Nigeria abeg. E done do make we commot. The country's future does not look bright. Our leaders will be our biggest impendiment in leaving this country

The problem is not fear. Trust me. I think it's because we are naturally not hateful and always believe the best. The only reason pples opinions are changing like you and I, is because more pple are being exposed to the tribal hatred dt started during the 2015 elections. It keeps hardening our resolve.

Every Yoruba person I know dt is exposed to this, ecspecially online, want to leave the country. There are however a lot more pple dt are not exposed to it in their daily lives. Not everyone is on social media. My parents have no idea what's going on. The average layman in some village in ekiti or ogbomosho somewhere still doesn't know anything abt it because tribal hatred or secession is not sthn dt was ever in Yoruba pples consciousness.

I can sense dt the alaafin of oyo and oba of Lagos are conscious of this though and will definitely influence our politics. The change will happen soon.

4 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
janellemonae:

The problem is not fear. Trust me. I think it's because we are naturally not hateful and always believe the best. The only reason pples opinions are changing like you and I, is because more pple are being exposed to the tribal hatred dt started during the 2015 elections.

Every Yoruba person I know dt is exposed to this, ecspecially online, want to leave the country. There are however a lot more pple dt are not exposed to it in their daily lives. Not everyone is on social media. My parents have no idea what's going on. The average layman in some village in ekiti or ogbomosho somewhere still doesn't know anything abt it because tribal hatred or secession is not sthn dt was ever in Yoruba pples consciousness.

I can sense dt the alaafin of oyo and oba of Lagos are conscious of this though and will definitely influence our politics. The change will happen soon.
I think you right. The ibos are our main enemy. I have always known this. Though a lot of Yorubas are not aware of this yet. Morever, I happen to have seen people of othe tribes( mostly Niger deltans) that also do hate us. I don't want to live in the same country with these guys. Let everyone go their ways. I have been supporting secession since 2015 when their hate started
You are right though

2 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

I think you right. The ibos are our main enemy. I have always known this. Though a lot of Yorubas are not aware of this yet. Morever, I happen to have seen people of othe tribes( mostly Niger deltans) that also do hate us. I don't want to live in the same country with these guys. Let everyone go their ways. I have been supporting secession since 2015 when their hate started
You are right though

Lol! Dt one doesn't bother me. Those niger deltans dt believe dt are the young ones. Victims of brainwashing. The Igbos will still show them their true colors and then they'll regain their senses and 'backstab' them in retaliation. Like they did during the civil war. Character is like smoke, u can't hide it for long. History will repeat itself.

2 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Amalekki: 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

You are right though
I totally disagree with you and I'm glad you mentioned 2015 as the starting of your new position. We are only witnessing the result of Nnamdi Kanu's stupidity. Think about the Nazis, it took a while before the result of Hitler's hate agenda started manifesting but it was brutal because the Nazis eventually managed to take over the government. As long as the Igbos are nowhere near the leadership of Nigeria their hate agenda will die a natural death. Our peoples (Yorubas and Ibos) are not naturally like that. We have been trading together and having inter-marriages for a very long time. When people are disgruntled, different forces with different agenda will rise to the surface to preach liberty to the people. That's what that divisive and shallow-minded Kanu did to some of our brothers.

Pay no attention to their online noise-making. They will do some damage for a while but sense and sanity will eventually prevail if the right thinking Nigerians start getting serious with real change by changing the status quo on the type of leaders we vote for. For a start, Aso Rock should not be for PDP and APC only. How about we starting with a true revolutionary? Do you think a Sowore Omoyele or Kingsley Moghalu will be pre-occupied with any useless ethnic sentiment in the world's biggest black democracy Let's stop electing educated illiterates as presidents even if they are retired military generals or PhD holders. We don't care about your certificate, we care about the quality of your knowledge.
When we have true leaders in positions of authority regardless of their age, stupid sentiments like ethnicity/tribalism will be relegated to where they belong. Nobody outside Nigeria cares whether you are Efik or Igbira, all they see is black people. Let's stop treating the symptoms, let us address the real issue. Get real educated leaders, they come 'detribalised'!!!

1 Like

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
A thread about a patriot proud to be black and Nigerian turns again into an ethnic bashing, superiority bullshiit thread. Why dont y'all just quit your inconsequential complexes and celebrate this patriotic fella for a minute!

I am proud of you Israel! Omo t'ekun ba bi, ekun ni o jo! Keep soaring omoluabi

3 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
Amalekki:

I totally disagree with you and I'm glad you mentioned 2015 as the starting of your new position. We are only witnessing the result of Nnamdi Kanu's stupidity. Think about the Nazis, it took a while before the result of Hitler's hate agenda started manifesting but it was brutal because the Nazis eventually managed to take over the government. As long as the Igbos are nowhere near the leadership of Nigeria their hate agenda will die a natural death. Our peoples (Yorubas and Ibos) are not naturally like that. We have been trading together and having inter-marriages for a very long time. When people are disgruntled, different forces with different agenda will rise to the surface to preach liberty to the people. That's what that divisive and shallow-minded Kanu did to some of our brothers.

Pay no attention to their online noise-making. They will do some damage for a while but sense and sanity will eventually prevail if the right thinking Nigerians start getting serious with real change by changing the status quo on the type of leaders we vote for. For a start, Aso Rock should not be for PDP and APC only. How about we starting with a true revolutionary? Do you think a Sowore Omoyele or Kingsley Moghalu will be pre-occupied with any useless ethnic sentiment in the world's biggest black democracy Let's stop electing educated illiterates as presidents even if they are retired military generals or PhD holders. We don't care about your certificate, we care about the quality of your knowledge.
When we have true leaders in positions of authority regardless of their age, stupid sentiments like ethnicity/tribalism will be relegated to where they belong. Nobody outside Nigeria cares whether you are Efik or Igbira, all they see is black people. Let's stop treating the symptoms, let us address the real issue. Get real educated leaders, they come 'detribalised'!!!
Pls keep your delusion to yourself we are talking reality here. Which useless intertribal marraige are you talking about? How many Yorubas marry ibos? Only stupid and useless Yorubas marry ibos. No Yoruba raised in a responsible home will marry our greatest enemies. Besides, ibos are not the only the tribe Yorubas marry from. For your info, this hate is not only on social media but also in real life! I happened to have quarelled and fought with four flat-heads when start their nonsense hate. The last one even thought I Was Ibo when he start spilling his bile until I told him I was Yoruba.
To show that all what you wrote is nonsense, you said APC and PDP should not rule, who then will rule? Who will start your useless revolution? Was Jonathan not a PHD holder? What did he achieve? Was he not a chronic Yoruba hater?
I happen to detest ibos a lot and I have got no explanation to give. Their presence alone stink me to the bone marrow. I don't get along with them because we hate each other.
Ogbeni keep your delusion to yourself. Yoruba and ibos don't mix
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by miniziter(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
fabulouskeem:
typo error but thanks sha cheesy

But you can still edit
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Amalekki: 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Pls keep your delusion to yourself we are talking reality here. Which useless intertribal marraige are you talking about? How many Yorubas marry ibos? Only stupid and useless Yorubas marry ibos. No Yoruba raised in a responsible home will marry our greatest enemies. Besides, ibos are not the only the tribe Yorubas marry from. For your info, this hate is not only on social media but also in real life! I happened to have quarelled and fought with four flat-heads when start their nonsense hate. The last one even thought I Was Ibo when he start spilling his bile until I told him I was Yoruba.
To show that all what you wrote is nonsense, you said APC and PDP should not rule, who then will rule? Who will start your useless revolution? Was Jonathan not a PHD holder? What did he achieve? Was he not a chronic Yoruba hater?
I happen to detest ibos a lot and I have got no explanation to give. Their presence alone stink me to the bone marrow. I don't get along with them because we hate each other.
Ogbeni keep your delusion to yourself. Yoruba and ibos don't mix
I still totally disagree with your hate-filled rant. Yorubas and Ibos mix very well and all you need to do is look around among the successful people. There are challenges just the same way two Yoruba partners can have challenges but learned Yorubas and Ibos have been mixing before you and I were born and they still do despite all the challenges. Check out the banking industry, information technology, entertainment, sports etc. The real achievers are blind to ethnicity/tribe. I have a choice to look at the good or the bad, so my opinion of the Ibos won't be driven by the narratives of the divisive Ibos or the divisive Yorubas. I only see fellow human beings, fellow Africans and fellow Nigerians. That won't change!!! However, we can always agree to disagree on this.

May the troubled soul find true peace.
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
Amalekki:

I still totally disagree with your hate-filled rant. Yorubas and Ibos mix very well and all you need to do is look around among the successful people. There are challenges just the same way two Yoruba partners can have challenges but learned Yorubas and Ibos have been mixing before you and I were born and they still do despite all the challenges. Check out the banking industry, information technology, entertainment, sports etc. The real achievers are blind to ethnicity/tribe. I have a choice to look at the good or the bad, so my opinion of the Ibos won't be driven by the narratives of the divisive Ibos or the divisive Yorubas. I only see fellow human beings, fellow Africans and fellow Nigerians. That won't change!!! However, we can always agree to disagree on this.

May the troubled soul find true peace.
Guy, na your wahala be that

1 Like

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Amalekki: 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Guy, na your wahala be that
grin No qualms bro.
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
Amalekki:
grin No qualms bro.
We no be bro abeg.

1 Like

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by okwabayi(m): 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
FuckFuckBoy:
So this guy no see another sports do. Anyway I hope he knows what he's doing because those guys no get joy. The fight is virtually real and woe betide you when person wey strong pass you catch you for octagon
I always thought this was possible but there are hardly mismatches.

No team or coach wants their fighter dead or seriouly incapacitated so they analyze the opponent's fighting style first before training their man on how to counter it.

If the opponent is too skilled or experienced then they reject the offer no matter how much. A fighter who can put in eight to ten years of work is always better than one forced to retire after a big fight.
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by okwabayi(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
This is one sport I seriously want to engage in. I always hated how boring it was compared to boxing but when I got in the groove I enjoyed it wholeheartedly.

My fear is the training involved and if my heart can bear the burden. The mental confidence which comes with the sport though, is something I desire.

2 Likes

Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by mechanics(m): 5:01am On Jul 12, 2018
Congrats to him.
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by virago(f): 7:06am On Jul 12, 2018
jahsharon:

For drug trafficking? My guy use your sense nah, you people are born to do drugs and end in jail from Malaysia to India, from London to South Africa, from Italy to Croatia, jail is your home because drugs is your inherited trade.

Can we please stop this
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by virago(f): 7:16am On Jul 12, 2018
Benz4pimp:
read what you typed...In UFC,kicks,elbows and tap out moves are used,now compare and stop showing your type of person

Boxers fight in UFC all the time
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by virago(f): 7:56am On Jul 12, 2018
Patrioticooduan:
We no be bro abeg.
The hate coming from you is very unhealthy , please have a change of mindset
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2018
virago:

The hate coming from you is very unhealthy , please have a change of mindset
Never you use that dirty stinky igbotic hand of urs to quote me again okay?
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by virago(f): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Never you use that dirty stinky igbotic hand of urs to quote me again okay?

O ni ironu , alakori omo ni e , omo ale jatiti. Awon obi e ni won ko e dada , ti won ba ko e ni eko o ni wo'ju agbalagba.
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
virago:

O ni ironu , alakori omo ni e , omo ale jatiti. Awon obi e ni won ko e dada , ti won ba ko e ni eko o ni wo'ju agbalagba.
Ta'lagba? Se wo ni? Tani e? Se iwo m'ojo timo je lori ni? Bawo lo se mo pe ojumi lo lojo ori? Omo irankiran! If u have nothing sensible to say, fvck off! You think only una ibo flat-heads have monopoly to hate abi? You are a learner! Just because you write Yoruba doesn't mean you are not a flat-head from the East.
Butt breath!
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by virago(f): 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Ta'lagba? Se wo ni? Tani e? Se iwo m'ojo timo je lori ni? Bawo lo se mo pe ojumi lo lojo ori? Omo irankiran! If u have nothing sensible to say, fvck off! You think only una ibo flat-heads have monopoly to hate abi? You are a learner! Just because you write Yoruba doesn't mean you are not a flat-head from the East.
Butt breath!

Shopono la pa o , ogun la pa yeye re , Yoruba ni mi t'okan t'okan ti o ba mo , omo oduduwa ni mo je. Iru e ni ori ilede yi o fi tesiwaju , eyin omo irankiran
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2018
virago:

Shopono la pa o , ogun la pa yeye re , Yoruba ni mi t'okan t'okan ti o ba mo , omo oduduwa ni mo je. Iru e ni ori ilede yi o fi tesiwaju , eyin omo irankiran
Sopono loma pa Gbogbo ebi e. Gbogbo ebi re loma sofo ku. Omo irankiran yi. Omo Oodua ni e ode'nke nitori pe mon bu awon omo ibo.
You and that ibo boyfriend of yours will perish. Foolish Yorubas like you are not needed in Yorubaland.
Omo ale oshi!
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by virago(f): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Sopono loma pa Gbogbo ebi e. Gbogbo ebi re loma sofo ku. Omo irankiran yi. Omo Oodua ni e ode'nke nitori pe mon bu awon omo ibo.
You and that ibo boyfriend of yours will perish. Foolish Yorubas like you are not needed in Yorubaland.
Omo ale oshi!

Iya e ma shan ku , oni ku re o de ni sun re , gbogbo ebi e lo ma ku iku buruku , o fi owo re sin awon omo e , eyi ti o ba ku loju e ni yi o ya were.
Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by Patrioticooduan: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
virago:

Iya e ma shan ku , oni ku re o de ni sun re , gbogbo ebi e lo ma ku iku buruku , o fi owo re sin awon omo e , eyi ti o ba ku loju e ni yi o ya were.
You are simply a mad ibo woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Deaths That Shocked Nigerian Football In 2016 / Abramovich Was Not ‘directed’ To Buy Chelsea FC By Putin, Court Hears / See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.