|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,967,871 members, 7,203,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 December 2022 at 07:28 PM
|Buhari's Failure: Apology Note. by Btruth: 8:45am On Jul 09, 2018|
Princess Marian Iyabode Awolowo, the pioneer of President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign 2011-2015 Statement of Apology to Nigerians:
I sincerely wholeheartedly apologize to ALL Nigerians for motivating, encouraging, sponsoring mobilizers and advocating for a Buhari 2015 Presidency. I can assure you that I took this position after observing incessant killings going on in Nigeria especially in the Northern part of Nigeria in 2010. My decision was helped immensely by my beautiful early year’s experiences of Nigeria.
In around mid-2010, my Conscience refused to turn blind eyes to the Terrorist killings going on in Nigeria; when knowing in my heart that majority of Nigerians are very giving, peaceful, hardworking and accommodating.
Thus, I find it highly disturbing watching International News especially BBC News about how Boko Haram Terrorist were killing in Nigeria with reckless abandon. This critical point in time was what drove me to create Nigerian Global Awakening Group Page on Facebook in October 2011, with the aims of creating awareness and to advocate for a Change of Government by introducing a President Buhari 2015; whom I believed could help our dear beloved country Nigeria from perilous since he was an experienced former Military President in Nigeria.
But since the 2015 inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari, Nigerians and the global world have endured one avoidable gaffes, mishaps or the other. Between 2015 to date, Nigerian have seen lack of synergy, corrupt white collar crimes, targeted of opposition, blackmailing of perceived enemies, blackmail tactics, incitements against Good Governance Advocates, non-prioritising the needs of the poor, Government sponsored media outlets promoting fake news, lack of sustainable development, no investment in Manufacturing, Corrupt practices in Government, Nepotism, the delayed in critical appointments of Ministers, the President Illness resulting in the longest foreign medical trips took the order of the day. To make matters worse, premature released of 500 Boko Haram Terrorist from Kano State Prison by President Buhari, and to make worse the situation for Nigeria and Nigerians, the apparent favouritism of Killer Herdsmen who posed a threat to ALL Nigerians, Nigeria and the World at large.
Here we are in July 2018 faced with the reality that our country Nigeria is in a bigger threat that may consume Nigeria and posed a threat to the world at large. Thus, I CANNOT WITH GOOD CONSCIENCE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT OR WISHED FOR THE RE-ELECTION OF PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI FOR SECOND TERM IN 2019 WITH THE APPARENT DANGERS HIGHLIGHTED.
So I PLEAD with those with CONSCIENCE regardless of Religion, Political affiliations or region to STOP pretending that everything is alright with the manner President Buhari is leading our beloved country Nigeria especially in terms of SECURING our beloved country Nigeria. The insecurity across Nigeria is very alarming and dangerous to ALL. And there comes a time when as humanity directs for us, to search our conscience and chose what will determine our existence in a fast global world.
Points of critical thinking:
1. The core reason why majority of Nigerians joined the cry for Change and campaigned vigorous against the Ex-President Jonathan was his inactive and slowness in combating Boko Haram Terrorist who were killing Nigerians especially in the Northern part of Nigeria.
2. Nigerians Globally from ALL REGION, ALL RELIGION, POLITICAL AND NON POLITICAL rose up and came TOGETHER from across the world to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
3. The above key points were what propagated the need to promote a Buhari 2015 Presidency with the HOPE that he would STOP the infiltrated apparently sponsored Boko Haram killing innocent Nigerians.
4. During the Campaign 2015, never in the history of Nigeria have there been a time when love, unity and uniformity of purpose seen amongst all Nigerians across the world in a Political Campaign settings as witnessed for All Progressive Congress Political Party and for a President of Nigeria. The mood was so unique, and the euphoria was of genuine love and Hope.
For the first time in the history of Nigerian Politics, the world witnessed how ordinary Nigerians, poor and rich, young and old from all regions and religion donated their money to sponsor a President Buhari. The world also witnessed for the first time in African History how Nigerians globally took it upon themselves to raise the bar in election campaign crowd funding which other African Countries expressed of emulating.
5. And on the 29th of May 2015, a President Buhari who was FINANCIALLY SPONSORED by ALL Nigerians regardless of Religion, Region, Creed and Political affiliations took OATH OF OFFICE with the QUARAN that he SHALL PROTECT NIGERIA, NIGERIANS AND THEIR PROPERTIES. This was the FIRST OATH!!! AND PRESIDENT BUHARI SWORN WITH THE QUARAN!!!
But sadly, HOPE of Nigerians has been dashed, sacrificed for wickedness and greed. Prior to speaking out in Public against the decline of our beloved country Nigeria, I have spoken directly to President Buhari on several occasions about the State of affairs, on my last visit to him in September 2017, i repeated the same fear that Nigerians are losing faith in his Government. I pleaded for synergy until it became clear that the President of Nigeria has either been hijacked by those his wife Mrs Aishat Buhari labeled as "Cabals" , or "Presidency" or he is vulnerable and as a result being taken advantage of due high intake of prescribed medications for his ailment or he is on a different mission that will lead us to perilous.
I have heard the cries of the majority including their respectful Governors. I have read and heard the cries of Global World leaders against the apparent genocide going on under President Buhari’s Government. I have observed how Presidency is bullying Nigerians to Silence. I have observed how the Government paid social media emergence campaigners who ferociously sells LIES AS TRUTH WHILE SUBDUING AND SUPPRESSING NIGERIANS, JOURNALIST, AND THE WORLD FROM KNOWING THE TRUE TERROR THAT HAS BEFELL NIGERIA AND INNOCENT NIGERIANS IN THEIR LANDS.
Truth be told, majority of Nigerians are NOW certain that President Buhari has BETRAYED THEM AND HAD FAILED WOEFULL to PROTECT Nigeria and Nigerian Lives and their Properties. His recent defeatist statement in reply to the massacre going on in Plateau State, Benue State, Zamfara State, Taraba State, Enugu State, Southern Kaduna, Edo State, Kogi State, Adamawa State, Lagos State, Ogun State, Oyo State, Kwara State and other States across Nigeria saying “there is nothing i can do to help the situation except to pray to God to help us out of the security challenges" should worry all Nigerians regardless whether you are paid to silence the truth or not. Crucially, this defeatism statement should worry anyone who values their lives as the President has now confirmed he has relegated his duties to God.
SECURITY is the first action that determines efficiency in which all other sections of Governance can be rated. This one area of action is what is measured; and serves as a determinant as to whether the poor and the rich can have peace and progress in a Country or not. And when Security fails, every area of Government will be affected. Critically, when Security issues are not timely dealt with, a Country will naturally fall into pieces. Additionally, history has thought us that it is the very poor in the society that usually pay heavily for the negligence of the Leaders.
Mindfully, President Buhari took an Oath of office to secure Nigeria with a Campaign Manifesto. But his deviation from the Campaign manifesto has apparently been replaced by his sudden interest and bullish advocacy for a Cow Colonies in favour of the “nomadic Fulani herdsmen”. Many have raised concerns since Nigeria has been noted to be on the receiving end of Fulani Herdsmen coming into Nigeria from across Africa; and are represented in Nigeria by a group called Miyetti Allah.
Majority of Nigerians find it frighteningly odd that President Muhammadu Buhari is fraternising and playing petty footing game with Miyetti Allah group who is worldly known to be associated with Terrorism. The compounded correlation of Miyetti Allah group and Boko Haram modus operadi with recorded massacre across West Africa especially against Farmers and Citizens further raised suspicion about their relationship with the Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.
Furtherance, the group known as Miyetti Allah is the representative of Fulani Herdsmen across Nigeria. According to the Global Terrorism index, the "Nigerian Fulani militants named as fourth deadliest terror group in the world that only Boko Haram, Isis, and al-Shabab were deemed deadlier than the little-known militant group from West Africa. The report further expressed “the fourth deadliest known terrorist group has been named as the Fulani militant group operating in Nigeria and parts of the Central African Republic”
“The little-known group, formed of individuals from the semi-nomadic pastoral ethnic group Fula people existing across several West African nations, has seen a dramatic escalation of its activities in the past year. As much as 92 per cent of their attacks target private citizens, reflecting the group’s primary concern over the ownership of farmland. Each attack claims an average of 11 lives, with the largest known in April 2014 killing as many as 200 people after a group of the militants targeted community leaders and residents during a meeting in central province Zamfara”
“In the past year Nigeria has experienced the greatest increase in deaths from terrorism, with 7,512 deaths reported – an increase of over 300 per cent – most of which have been claimed by Boko Haram."
Despite the above Global world Terrorism Index report about apparent threat to Nigerian peace and progress, President Buhari’s in responding to Governor Ortom of Benue State complaint about the incessant killings of Herdsmen against Benue Farmers and indigenes was “I am appealing to you to try to restrain your people”. President Buhari further appealed to Nigerians and Governor Ortom to “accommodate your countrymen”. This appeal by President Buhari further raised concern about his involvement in the apparent terrorism that is killing Nigerians in Nigeria.
Critical inconsistency, in denial and confusions by President Muhammadu Buhari:
1. It is on record that during President Buhari’s United Kingdom visit with the Archbishop of Canterbury, senior bishop and principal leader of the Church of England Justin Welby, President Buhari blamed the targeted genocides by armed Fulani herdsmen on deceased Libyan President, Col. Muammar Gaddafi.
2. It is also on record that during President Buhari’s televised conference with the United State President Donald Trump, President Muhammadu Buhari again blamed killings in some parts of the country by suspected herdsmen, armed men from Libya. He added that “The problem of herders in Nigeria is a very long historical thing. The Nigerian herders don’t carry anything more than a stick and occasionally a machete to cut down foliage and give it to their animals, these ones are carrying AK-47”. President Buhari adds “43 years of Ghaddaffi, people were recruited from the Sahel and trained to shoot and kill. With the demise of Ghaddaffi they moved to other countries and region and carried the experience with them,” President Buhari also added a very worrying severe warning saying “So, people should not underrate what happened in Libya".
3. Recently, Department of State Services of Nigeria (DSS) headed by Lawal Daura was on record claiming that “the main perpetrators of the killings are not Fulani herdsmen original to Nigeria but foreign fighters and terrorists affiliated to the Islamic state of Syria and Iraq (ISIS) that is already defeated by the coalition forces headed by the United States”
4. And the blame game has taken another turn last week when President Buhari is now insinuating that “Opposition are behind the killings across Nigeria”.
Any Nigerian who valued lives should consider the above four statements and ask WHY would a President who said the above is appealing to Governors and Nigerians to give up their land for cow colonies knowing those who perpetrated the massacre in Nigeria are “ Libyans recruited from the Sahel and trained to shoot and kill”?. So why did the President of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari begging Nigerians to “accommodate “these worldly armed known terrorist despite the head of Intelligence of Nigeria in the Department of Security Services Lawal Daura confirmation that “the main perpetrators of the killings are foreign fighters and terrorists affiliated to the Islamic state of Syria and Iraq (ISIS)”?
With the above concerns and reality before us, I appeal to ALL Nigerians to critically ask themselves why then should Nigerians be killed in order to “accommodate” terrorist the President himself have confirmed are “trained to kill”? In President Buhari advocacy for cow colonies, why did the Presidency recently told concerned Nigerians to choose between their ancestral Land and Death?
REASONS ALL STATES IN NIGERIA MUST ENACT ANTI-GRAZING LAWS TO PROTECT NIGERIANS:
Evidence demonstrated that stealing of cows has been consistently given as a reason by Miyetti Allah herdsmen to lay claim to killings of humans and destroyed farmlands.
1. It is extremely important to use preventative method by enacting anti-open grazing law in ALL STATES OF Nigeria as this measure has proven to save lives. For the records, “In Ekiti State, there was a law which was constitutionally supported by the people of the state and signed by Governor Ayo Fayose in 2016. The law prohibits open-grazing between 6 pm and 7 am.” This measure in Ekiti is on record that it drove the terrorist camouflaging as Fulani Herdsmen out of Ekiti State.
2. “Governor Samuel Ortom of Plateau State enacted a law banning open- grazing in Benue State in 2017 in order to save Benue State indigenes from terrorist killer herdsmen that apparently killing the people of Benue State”.
3. “In Taraba State anti-grazing law was created in July 2017, and it came into effect on the 24th of January 2018”.
4. All Nigerian State should replicate and emulate by enacting anti-open grazing Law in their respective State. This will ensure accountability and Safeguarding of lives and properties.
But shockingly, as soon as the law against open-grazing was enacted in the aforementioned States, the defense Minister of the Republic of Nigeria Dan-Ali released a statement saying the law against open-grazing should be suspended citing an alarming reason that the suspension “would reduce tension.” Many Nigerians find it hard to believe that a whole Defense Minister of the Republic Of Nigeria will asked for the suspension of a State law which evidently protect human lives from marauding terrorist masquerading all over Nigeria as herdsmen.
The insensitive statement by the Defense Minister though condemned by Nigerians, further supports the notion that the Fulani Herdsmen engaging in massacre across Nigeria have the support of the Federal Government of Republic of Nigeria headed by President Muhammadu Buhari.
With the above calamity and the dangers it posed to Nigeria, Nigerians and the world at large, I Princess Marian Iyabode Awolowo again sincerely apologise to ALL NIGERIANS for my advocacy for a President Muhammadu Buhari 2015 Presidency. And I SHALL NOT SUPPORT PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI RE-ELECTION BID AS IT POSED DANGER TO THE PEACE AND PROGRESS OF NIGERIA AND THE WORLD AT LARGE.
INFORMATION AS A SAFEGUARDING TOOL:
And to the LIVING, DO not BE BULLIED TO SILENCE. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SPEAK OUT BECAUSE TERRORIST HATES TO BE EXPOSED. CREATE AWARENESS TO SAVE YOURSELF AND OTHERS.
Ensure you TAKE PRESERVING YOUR LIVES AS A PIRIOTY.
Vote out any Governor who cedes your lands to terrorist camouflaging as Fulani Herdsmen, because the terrorist herdsmen are NOT the same peaceful Fulani herdsmen we have lived with side by side for decades in Nigeria.
Please ensure you VOTE for PRESERVATION OF LIVES IN THE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION.
Once again, I totally unequivocally apologise to ALL who supported my callings for a Buhari2015 Presidency especially victims and families of the barbaric avoidable massacre going on in Nigeria. I pray to God, Allah, Olodumare to strengthen and bless all those who are victims of the barbaric killings going on in Nigeria. I am deeply sorry.
May all the departed souls rest in peace. Amen. Ameen. Ase.
Princess Marian Iyabode Awolowo-United Kingdom.
Creator - Nigerian Global Awakening Group
Creator – Nigerian Global Awakening Day
6th of July 2018.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171