Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. (3262 Views)

Indebted: Why Is My Brother's WAEC Result Showing This? / I Checked My Waec Result And It's Showing Outstanding / Jamb Cancels Result And Portal Is Being Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2018
My lil bro checked his waec result few minutes ago.. all major subjects grades are b3 and, a1 while others are b3 and c5 combined.. the only problem i have with his result is chemistry which he qot d7..
please, what are his chances of getting admission to study geology as he got 273 in his jamb result.. p.s- he wrote geography, biology, chemistry and english in jamb..
thanks
MODIFIED: he got 68 in chemistry jamb And 82 in geography
CC. Lalasticlala mynd44 Fynestboi
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by SaintHilary(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
My own sis got F9 chemistry as well
All dis children sef cry

Lalasticlala
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
SaintHilary:
All dis children sef cry

Lalasticlala
E tire me my guy o.. the thing that is vexing me is that he knows that me, my lil sis and elder sis are 'gurus' in chemistry but he would never ask questions.. everytime he would be saying he understands it.. n0w see as we dy nau abeg

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by SaintHilary(m): 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2018
ManFromJos:

E tire me my guy o.. the thing that is vexing me is that he knows that me, my lil sis and elder sis are 'gurus' in chemistry but he would never ask questions.. everytime he would be saying he understands it.. n0w see as we dy nau abeg
Lol...take heart bruv
My own is I'm not paying any WAEC fee again..if na Zoology her result carry mk she go like dat angry
If its to slay you'll see her on Facebook...Nngwanu slay d WAEC na..story don enter angry

7 Likes

Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2018
SaintHilary:

Lol...take heart bruv
My own is I'm not paying any WAEC fee again..if na Zoology her result carry mk she go like dat angry
If its to slay you'll see her on Facebook...Nngwanu slay d WAEC na..story don enter angry
Lmao.. say na make she slay the waec na.. lol
my bro own na to dey watch film like one mumu..
Chineke nna'mu o.. Biko gbahara mmadu .. Biko.
Na God go help them last last.. my own na say make hin jamb no be in vain abeg.. p.s- any geologist in the building? pls what subjects does he need in waec.. my
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Tlyon(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2018
Try other course,as geology has to do more with chemistry than geography. Or try school from north(can also check on jamb site)
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2018
Ok..
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by 1cor2v9: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2018

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2018
Tlyon:
Try other course,as geology has to do more with chemistry than geography. Or try school from north(can also check on jamb site)
Thanks bruv.. he actually applied unijos.. i would check tho
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Ok..
Yeah?
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
1cor2v9:
I can confidently tell that there was issue with chemistry results this year... Only waec can explain, but the failure is general
Ok.. i hope so.. because i know most schools dont accept d7.. although it is rated as 'pass'.. pls, you said you are confident about the general failure.. can you just elaborate please
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2018
Though he is waiting for neco result.. but it would be better if the waec works for him
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by geenalora(f): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2018
ManFromJos:
My lil bro checked his waec result few minutes ago.. all major subjects grades are b3 and, a1 while others are b3 and c5 combined.. the only problem i have with his result is chemistry which he qot d7..
please, what are his chances of getting admission to study geology as he got 273 in his jamb result.. p.s- he wrote geography, biology, chemistry and english in jamb..
thanks
does it have to be geology??...he did really great apart from the chemistry..plus his jamb score is really high...whatever university he picks will offer him a good course suitable for his result equivalent
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by 1cor2v9: 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2018
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
geenalora:

does it have to be geology??...he did really great apart from the chemistry..plus his jamb score is really high...whatever university he picks will offer him a good course suitable for his result equivalent
Thanks for your comment..
you know what they say about passion.. he virtually applied geology in all institutions during jamb reg.. and his score is 82 in geography.. thats what he wants to do.. it was a very 'difficult' procedure guiding him to this career choice
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
1cor2v9:

You are right most schools don't accept d7. Unijos are strict in that aspect (let's hope for better results with neco for your sibling) concerning the results issue, someone else raised the issue here on nairaland this weekend, secondly I personally know someone who had f9 in chemistry but had A in maths and other subjects, infact he is the best student of his graduating set... Just ask around and you will notice the mass failure
Thank you sir.. i would simply make enquires
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by 1cor2v9: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2018
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by LordRepz(m): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2018
How much is the scratch card to check one's waec result
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by chloride6: 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
If he doesn't have GCE already. Than he better register for GCE.

Nothing else.
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by KillaB(f): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2018
grin grin grin
SaintHilary:

Lol...take heart bruv
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by MilesLamar(m): 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
SaintHilary:

Lol...take heart bruv

Gimme her number let me advice her
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by monlawal(m): 9:42pm On Jul 09, 2018
Please how do I check the result.
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by chicoMX(m): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2018
ManFromJos:

Thanks for your comment..
you know what they say about passion.. he virtually applied geology in all institutions during jamb reg.. and his score is 82 in geography.. thats what he wants to do.. it was a very 'difficult' procedure guiding him to this career choice

Oga Geology is not geography.
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by galadima77(m): 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
chicoMX:

Oga Geology is not geography.

at all!!!
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by galadima77(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2018
you'd not see our younger generation on threads like this o... but go to romance, sexuality, entertainment and inter tribal insults(aka political) threads where no meaningful issues are raised, thwre they abound wasting data...
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
SaintHilary:
All dis children sef cry

Lalasticlala
grin grin cheesy
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2018
1cor2v9:
I can confidently tell that there was issue with chemistry results this year... Only waec can explain, but the failure is general
One of the reasons why many students failed chemistry this year was because most topics were updated without the knowledge of most teachers. I would advise teachers to get involved in marking waec next year to see things for themselves.Many teachers are not researching .Teachers should get acquinted with new chemistry textbook. Waec hasn't changed standard in marking scripts

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2018
ManFromJos:
Though he is waiting for neco result.. but it would be better if the waec works for him
Admission might end before Neco releases result. Don't forget JAMB's policy now entails submission of 0' level result before admission are given
Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by Funpeter: 10:24pm On Jul 09, 2018
1cor2v9:

You are right most schools don't accept d7. Unijos are strict in that aspect (let's hope for better results with neco for your sibling) concerning the results issue, someone else raised the issue here on nairaland this weekend, secondly I personally know someone who had f9 in chemistry but had A in maths and other subjects, infact he is the best student of his graduating set... Just ask around and you will notice the mass failure
Well think is different stroke for different school....My school was mass failure in literature....But science subject was a hit back to back.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. by phemmyfour: 5:39am On Jul 10, 2018
ManFromJos:
thanks
MODIFIED: he got 68 in chemistry jamb And 82 in geography
That's no joy! For a science related course, Physics and Chemistry is key

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miss Faith Odunsi Crowned "Mathematics Queen" And Best In The World (photo) / Short Story Of SARAH BAARTMAN, A Woman With Unusual Backside / FREE ICAN Video Lectures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.