Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,817 members, 7,798,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Anioma State And South East Zone - Politics (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma State And South East Zone (39292 Views)

Why Every Non Igboid Deltan Must Key Into Anioma State / Anioma State & Southeast Comparison: Education, Standard Of Living And Economy / How insecurity worsened in S-East zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2018
Chiwude:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but let’s get this right. You’re listing Igbo towns with outside influence in an Igbo discussion thread and yet you failed to tell us how much of an outside influence many Yoruba towns have too. Since you started it, maybe we should help you complete the listing.

1) Owo town - Bini
3) Lagos (Eko) - Bini
4) Ijebu - Sudan
5) Itsekiri - Bini
6) Ilorin - Fulani
7) Ife - Bini (Izeduwa or Oduduwa)
cool 2/3 Of Ekiti - Bini
9) 2/3 Of Ondo - Bini

Hope you’ll leave the thread now.
oga mercy for am nah. Abeg no give am heart attack

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
hammer6F:

U are categorise as Anioma, that is the group u fall under.

No man is an island. Aboh belong to the Anioma family.

Ndoni that you keep mentioning are geographically close to Aboh but in actual fact belong to Imo state not even Rivers.
Ndoni is in Rivers state. Peter Odili the former Rivers governor is an Ndoni man. The Ndonis are more related to Aboh than they r to Asaba yet they r not Anioma. The whole Anioma thing is a political contraption. The Asaba man would see an Onitsha man as more of a brother than an Aboh man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by hammer6F: 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2018
clefstone:
Ndoni is in Rivers state. Peter Odili the former Rivers governor is an Ndoni man. The Ndonis are more related to Aboh than they r to Asaba yet they r not Anioma. The whole Anioma thing is a political contraption. The Asaba man would see an Onitsha man as more of a brother than an Aboh man.

NDONI CANNOT BE ANIOMA BECOS THEY ARE AT THE OTHER SIDE OF RIVER NIGER.

THEY SHARE LANDMASS WITH IMO STATE DIRECTLY AND ARE IMO PEOPLE AND BY EXTENSION NDIIGBO.

ABOH ON THE OTHER HAND SHARE LAND MASS WITH UKWU ANI AND CO.

THEY ARE ANIOMA PEOPLE.

NDONI AND ABOH MAY HAVE REASON TO COME TOGETHER IN THE FUTURE, MAYBE UNDER CITY DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR ALA IGBO.

ASIDE THAT THEY ARE TWO DISTNCT GROUP.

ONE IMO LIVING IN RIVERS, THE OTHER ANIOMA LIVING IN DELTA.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 11:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

This is why compared to Europeans for example, Nigerians have a lot of ethnicities. A ridiculous proliferation of groups where any tiny clan with any tenuous distinction claims to be an independent tribe. It is worse of course among Igbos/Igboid groups. What I always find weird about the arguments of South South Igboid groups is their inability to grasp that their conceptions of Igbos as a monolithic group that differs from them makes no sense. When I schooled in UNN, I had this roommate in my first year from Enugu Ezike, and when a cousin of his visited him and they were speaking, their language might as well have been Icelandic or Finfish or Mandarin to my ears. I could barely comprehend anything they were saying in their hardcore dialect. There are significant cultural/linguistic differences between many Igbo clans. I could bet you that your so-called "Ndo-Osimili" clan have more in common with an Idemili man than an Idemili man has with an Ezza man in Ebonyi.

All I can say is the divide and rule antics of the North, particularly through the post-war military administrations has succeeded in the South. They are political geniuses up North to be able to advance common goals as a monolithic bloc while we fragment ourselves almost down to villages claiming to be distinct ethnicities.
I love your argument and agree with most of what u have written. However, you seem to be reasoning along with me.

Yes, the Igbo's are not a homogenous people, but political events, particularly of the last 100 years have united them and is greatly closing the gaps and no other event has defined the Igbo's more than the civil war. 100years ago, the term Igbo mostly referred to the spoken language and not to an ethnic group per say. The people of the various clans that make up what today is called Igbo land most likely did not refer to themselves as Igbo, some explicitly rejected being tagged as Igbo. However, political events following Nigeria's colonization changed the dynamics. Most of these people united as an umbrella Igbo ethnic group. The whole politics culminated in the civil war which helped in strengthening the Igbo union even more. The tragedy of war as suffered by the Igbo's came to be a common history of the various Igbo sub groups. Those igboid groups that were not directly involved in the war don't share this history and may not be Igbo enough. This is the reason y d Asaba man, a victim of the civil war will identify proudly as Igbo but an Agbor man would not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Afam4eva(m): 11:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
clefstone:
I love your argument and agree with most of what u have written. However, you seem to be reasoning along with me.

Yes, the Igbo's are not a homogenous people, but political events, particularly of the last 100 years have united them and is greatly closing the gaps and no other event has defined the Igbo's more than the civil war. 100years ago, the term Igbo mostly referred to the spoken language and not to an ethnic group per say. The people of the various clans that make up what today is called Igbo land most likely did not refer to themselves as Igbo, some explicitly rejected being tagged as Igbo. However, political events following Nigeria's colonization changed the dynamics. Most of these people united as an umbrella Igbo ethnic group. The whole politics culminated in the civil war which helped in strengthening the Igbo union even more. The tragedy of war as suffered by the Igbo's came to be a common history of the various Igbo sub groups. Those igboid groups that were not directly involved in the war don't share this history and may not be Igbo enough. This is the reason y d Asaba man, a victim of the civil war will identify proudly as Igbo but an Agbor man would not
You know, i have nothing against anyone choosing to call themselves whatever they choose. But what i hate is falsehood. So, Asaba is Igbo because they were directly involved in the war? So, why is Akwa-Ibom and other minorities not Igbo since they suffered the same fate. And btw, how exactly was Asaba involved in the war, if you care to explain? I mean how was Asaba involved that Agbor or other Igboid groups not involved?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by hammer6F: 11:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
Afam4eva:

You know, i have nothing against anyone choosing to call themselves whatever they choose. But what i hate is falsehood. So, Asaba is Igbo because they were directly involved in the war? So, why is Akwa-Ibom and other minorities not Igbo since they suffered the same fate. And btw, how exactly was Asaba involved in the war, if you care to explain? I mean how was Asaba involved that Agbor or other Igboid groups not involved?

ONE MAJOR FEATURE THAT I HAVE NOTICED ABOUT THIS ANIOMA PEOPLE FROM TALKING TO DEM IS THE RECURRENT THEME OF RIVER CROSSING.

THEY ALL, WHETHER ABOH OR ANIOCHA SEEM TO BE POINTING TO RIVER CROSSING.

YES PEOPLE FROM ABOH MIGHT HAVE CROSSED TO NDONI AND PEOPLE FROM NDONI MIGHT HAVE CROSSED BACK.

LIKE WISE ANIOCHA PEOPLE CROSS TO ONITSHA AND ONITSHA PEOPLE CROSS TO ANIOCHA.

WAT I DONT GET IS THE CONFUSION OF TRYING TO WRITE THEIR ORIGIN BASED ON WHICH PART DID THE FIRST CROSSING.

IF IT WAS NDONI, IT MEANS THEY ARE IGBO BUT IF IT WAS ABOH, IT MEANS THEY ARE FROM BENIN.

VICE VERSA IN THE CASE OF ANIOCHA AND ONITSHA.

THE TRUTH IS THEY ARE IGBO REGARDLESS OF THE POSITION FROM WHERE THE FIRST CROSSING HAPPENED.

IF WE GO NORTH OF EDO, WE HAVE THE EBIRA WHOSE LANGUAGE ALMOST SOUND IGBO.

THE IGBOS OCCUPY THE NORTH OF DELTA, INDICATING THAT THEY WERE THE FIRST ARRIVALS IN DELTA STATE.

THE LAST IJAWS WHO OCCUPY THE SOUTHERN COASTLINE.

THE BENIN/URHOBO ARE ALSO SOUTHWARD, SOME WHERE IN THE MIDDLE THUS, THEY ALSO ARRIVED MUCH LATER THAN THE ANIOMA WHOM ARE SETTLED NORTHWARD.

IF U LOOK AT ITSEKIRI AND URHOBO LAND, THEY POINT WESTWARD.

ANIOMA LAND IS POINTING NORTHWARD AND HUGGING THE EAST. THIS ADDS UP TO ALL HISTORICAL AUTHORITY THAT STIPULATES IGBO MIGRATION TO THEIR PRESENT LOCATION FROM THE NORTH.

IF THEY WERE FROM BENIN, THEN THEIR LAND WOULD BE LIKE ITSEKIRI AND URHOBO, POINTING WESTWARD.

THE NORTH IS THE ISI ALA OR UKWUANI,(HEAD) WHILST THE SOUTH IS THE ODU ANI (TAIL END)

HENCE THE WHOLE BENIN CLAIM IS BASELESS, WITH NO SUPPORTING EVIDENCE.

THEY ARE IGBO PEOPLE NEVER BINI. THE EXISTED BEFORE THE BENIN AND MUCH OLDER THAN THE BENIN.

THE BINI, HOWEVER RAIDED THEIR VILLAGES AND CAPTURED ALOT OF SLAVES/ LAND FROM THEM.

CC:AMARABAE, NGOZI123, Ikenna0b: ANIOMAFIRSTSON pazienza

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by BabaRamota1980: 12:20am On Jul 17, 2018
Chiwude:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but let’s get this right. You’re listing Igbo towns with outside influence in an Igbo discussion thread and yet you failed to tell us how much of an outside influence many Yoruba towns have too. Since you started it, maybe we should help you complete the listing.

1) Owo town - Bini
3) Lagos (Eko) - Bini
4) Ijebu - Sudan
5) Itsekiri - Bini
6) Ilorin - Fulani
7) Ife - Bini (Izeduwa or Oduduwa)
cool 2/3 Of Ekiti - Bini
9) 2/3 Of Ondo - Bini

Hope you’ll leave the thread now.

grin grin
You have been sold infatuations and suffer from the same hoax pill Edos swallowed that got them confused and remain in enslavement of the Binis till today.

You have to listen to a people tell and declare their own story and origin. You dont just pluck a origin for a people out of your delusion.

So go online and visit websites on each of these places you listed, read their own story of origin. Wherever it says, thats where they are from.

Do same for the people of Anioma. Wherever they say they are from, accept it.

Simple! grin grin

I warned several times not to derail this thread but you guys dont listen. If you want to derail this thread i will help you accomplish that....and very fast too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Emycord: 1:36am On Jul 17, 2018
hammer6F:

THEY SHARE LANDMASS WITH IMO STATE DIRECTLY AND ARE IMO PEOPLE AND BY EXTENSION NDIIGBO.

THEY ARE ANIOMA PEOPLE.

NDONI AND ABOH MAY HAVE REASON TO COME TOGETHER IN THE FUTURE, MAYBE UNDER CITY DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR ALA IGBO.

That Name UkwuAni SoundS More Like A One Time nri King/Preist His Name Is ifeukwuanim Check google To Confirm
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 7:43am On Jul 17, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
don't mind him. The worst of it all is dat they can't bring out enough proof or evidence to counter it. Don't mind him. The Aboh in mbaise migrated from heaven

Sometimes , I just read their story and laugh...it makes a mockery of everything and that is why they aren't taken seriously at all
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2018
Afam4eva:

Aboh remained neutral during the war. Yes, some Abohs living in PH and d East fought for Biafra but some others fought for the Federal troops. Today, we don't have the Biafra sentiments like the Igbo's do, we really don't care. The Igbo's keep telling their children how the Yoruba's are betrayers, how the middle belters were used by the Hausa-Fulanis etc, all because of that war. It is a sentiment shared by majority of Igbo's and it defines your people now. It affects their way of life and politics, it's become an Igbo thing. These are sentiments we do not share. While I will never judge the Igbo's for having these sentiments, the issues do not bother my people. Read about the Asaba massacre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by gidgiddy: 11:29am On Jul 17, 2018
clefstone:
Aboh remained neutral during the war. Yes, some Abohs living in PH and d East fought for Biafra but some others fought for the Federal troops. Today, we don't have the Biafra sentiments like the Igbo's do, we really don't care. The Igbo's keep telling their children how the Yoruba's are betrayers, how the middle belters were used by the Hausa-Fulanis etc, all because of that war. It is a sentiment shared by majority of Igbo's and it defines your people now. It affects their way of life and politics, it's become an Igbo thing. These are sentiments we do not share. While I will never judge the Igbo's for having these sentiments, the issues do not bother my people. Read about the Asaba massacre

Anambra is the name of my state, but there is no ethnic group called Anambra.

Anioma is the name of the proposed state for Igbo speaking people of old Mid-West Region, but there is no ethnic group called Anioma.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 11:29am On Jul 17, 2018
hammer6F:

THEY ARE ANIOMA PEOPLE.

you see where u guys contradict yourselves. With one breath you say that the Ndonis r not Anioma because they r to the East of the Niger and with the next breath that we r falsely claiming not to be Igbos because we r located west of the Niger. By d way, y do u keep associating the Ndonis to Imo? Do u know that the Ndoni dialect is basically same as Aboh's even closer than Ukwuani's dialect is to Aboh.

This weekend in Church an Ndoni woman discovered that I am from Aboh and she was so happy and called me her brother. I can almost swear that she won't accord such regard to anyone from Imo. My grandmother is an Ndoni woman so I know what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 11:32am On Jul 17, 2018
gidgiddy:

Anambra is the name of my state, but there is no ethnic group called Anambra.

Anioma is the name of the proposed state for Igbo speaking people of old Mid-West Region, but there is no ethnic group called Anioma.
I see no fault in what u have typed here
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 17, 2018
Emycord:
That Name UkwuAni SoundS More Like A One Time nri King/Preist His Name Is ifeukwuanim Check google To Confirm

Ukwu means waist ani means low.....meaning low wasit....more of Benin origin.....

Aboh mean bush or thick forest.......So w don't have anything in common....pls....am happy u are on ur own....biri ka m biri...

am done with this thread....off I go....

cc

clefstone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by hammer6F: 11:40am On Jul 17, 2018
clefstone:
you see where u guys contradict yourselves. With one breath you say that the Ndonis r not Anioma because they r to the East of the Niger and with the next breath that we r falsely claiming not to be Igbos because we r located west of the Niger. By d way, y do u keep associating the Ndonis to Imo? Do u know that the Ndoni dialect is basically same as Aboh's even closer than Ukwuani's dialect is to Aboh.

This weekend in Church an Ndoni woman discovered that I am from Aboh and she was so happy and called me her brother. I can almost swear that she won't accord such regard to anyone from Imo. My grandmother is an Ndoni woman so I know what I'm saying

DONT MISS QUOTE ME, PLS.

SHOW ME WHERE I SAID THE BOLDED?
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by hammer6F: 11:43am On Jul 17, 2018
ODILI AN NDONI MAN WAS DENIED PRESIDENCY BY OBJ FOR BEING TOO IGBO.

GEJ WAS PREFERED BECOS HE WAS WRONGLY PERCIEVED TO BE IJAW.

WEN IN FACT, HE IS RIVERS EKPEYE LOCATED IN BAYELSA.

HE IS FROM AN IGBOID GROUP, MIXED WITH IJAW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Emycord: 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Ukwu means waist ani means low.....meaning low wasit....more of Benin origin.....

Aboh mean bush or thick forest.......So w don't have anything in common....pls....am happy u are on ur own....biri ka m biri...

cc

clefstone.
Come Back Here Where Are You Running To ? If Ukwu Means Waist And Ani Means Land. In Which Language Or Culture Is It ok For Land To Have "Waist"? Don't In Your hurry To Twist History Make blundersAnd Talk rubbish
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by NonsoWow: 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
hammer6F:
ODILI AN NDONI MAN WAS DENIED PRESIDENCY BY OBJ FOR BEING TOO IGBO.

GEJ WAS PREFERED BECOS HE WAS WRONGLY PERCIEVED TO BE IJAW.

WEN IN FACT, HE IS RIVERS EKPEYE LOCATED IN BAYELSA.

HE IS FROM AN IGBOID GROUP, MIXED WITH IJAW.
That's their business. No half igbo man should ever take our place in the pursuit of igbo presidency.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by gidgiddy: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
clefstone:
I see no fault in what u have typed here

The fault here is that many people are claiming that Anioma is an ethnic group while it is not. So if the area known as Anioma has ethnic group by the same name, what is the ethnic group of the area?
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
gidgiddy:

The fault here is that many people are claiming that Anioma is an ethnic group while it is not. So if the area known as Anioma has ethnic group by the same name, what is the ethnic group of the area?
The Area known as Anioma is of mixed ethnicity common mainly in their igboid language which is of varied dialects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Klinee: 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
clefstone:

Aboh see themselves as ogbaru, majority of them don't really know much about this anioma issue.
We the up North Niger coastal area refer you all as Ogbaru, start from Odekpe down to Akili in Anambra state and Ushi down to Aboh in Delta including Ndoni in River State.
With my interaction with you guys i don't really found that Igbo denial display in you guys compared to the so-called anioma people.
Aboh people really want to join river State because your brother Ndoni, you will here something like "Aboh Na Ndoni bu ofu"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
Juliusmalema:

cc

clefstone.
ukwu can also mean big,ani means land ie bigland
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
eduj:

ukwu can also mean big,ani means land ie bigland

This is igbo language.....and aniomas are not igbo....so they should look for another meaning for their own word.....

U very wrong with ur own meaning.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by hammer6F: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
clefstone:
The Area known as Anioma is of mixed ethnicity common mainly in their igboid language which is of varied dialects

U KEEP TALKING DIALECT LIKE ANY LANGUAGE HAVE A UNIVERSAL DIALECT.

EVEN ENGLISH IS SPOKEN DIFFERENTLY IN UK, US AND AUSTRALIA.

EVEN IN DOES COUNTRIES, THE WAY IT IS SPOKEN IN NORTH IS NOT HOW IT IS SPOKEN IN SOUTH.

IN ANAMBRA AND IMO, THEIR ARE DIFFERENT DIALECTS OF IGBO BUT IT IS STILL IGBO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by hammer6F: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
NonsoWow:
That's their business. No half igbo man should ever take our place in the pursuit of igbo presidency.

EDUCATING HIM IS NOT EASY, TOO MANY IGNORANT COMMENTS.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
clefstone:

I owe you one bottle of big stout with nkwobi

Remind me when we see at mama nkechi
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2018
hammer6F:

EDUCATING HIM IS NOT EASY, TOO MANY IGNORANT COMMENTS.
oga that NonsoWow is a yoruba guy. He is an impostor. Follow his comments and see for urself

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Afam4eva(m): 12:55am On Jul 18, 2018
clefstone:
Are you saying that it's all Igbos that fought on the Biafran side? Are you saying that Asaba people also share this narrative like Igbos across the naija? Are you saying that ethnicity is borne out of an event rather than similarities in culture and traditional.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Koga51: 2:22am On Jul 18, 2018
igbanke is an ika speaking town in Edo State but also an anioma community.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by BabaRamota1980: 3:10am On Jul 18, 2018
Mmmtccheeew!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by BabaRamota1980: 3:12am On Jul 18, 2018
Mmttcccheeew..!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

Thousands Of Igbo Jews In Anambra Pray For Israel / Mark Okoye Welcomes Child With His Wife (Photos) / Biography & Profile: Moji Christianah Adeyeye - NAFDAC DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.